Eau de Cèdre 2015

Eau de Cèdre by Giorgio Armani
Bottle Design Rozenn Mainguené
Eau de Cèdre is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-green. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesCumin, Sage, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Black tea, Suede

Submitted by Michael, last update on 01.05.2021.

Armani Eau De Cedre EDT
This definitely has a classic feel to it. My first impression was it reminded me of something my dad worn in the early 90s down the social club where we used to play pool etc. Saying that I love it. It's a very pleasant smell. and doesn't smell outdated like an old man's spray at all. It's very smooth and mellow. At first it's like a soothing Lemon Tea. Very refreshing and calming. Then the heart of cardamom but instead of it being bitter like Eau De Nuit. Its cleverly melded in with the lemon tea to smooth it out. And the Suede note underneath is most prominent to me which blends with the lemon tea and subtle Cedar perfectly. I would class this as a leather, green fragrance. And I think Eau de Suede would be a more fitting name.
Scent 8/10 Sillage 7/10 Longevity 7/10
Eau de Iso-E cedar harvest
Still one of my favorites...

A few years ago, still at the beginning of my fragrance journey, on my way to the capital of the happy Swabians - Stuttgart:

It was a lukewarm winter/spring midday and the cool breeze had done the rest to perhaps visit the safe warmth of a few more stores than usual. So it happened that the drugstore "M" around the corner not only had the already longed-for energy drink (which had so often cheered me up after a strenuous night) in stock, but on the way to it also the perfume assortment was not unimpressive for me as a layman. So I took the time and tested some scents...

With one of these probably new and highly praised fragrances, the shop was well filled, I unintentionally (*wink*) drew the attention of a young woman at my age to me, who wrestled the fragrance pouting out of my hand and claimed it for herself. This fragrance was Armani's EdC which quickly captivated me with its spicy green ISO-E-TEE. But not only me, but also my companions I met later that day seemed to be enthusiastic about the scent, which meanwhile came from my left hand.

All right, that night back in the "M" and purchased a bottle of this green elixir.

Also today several years and many scent samples and flacons later this is a "stack" in my scent arsenal.

EdC knows how to please without coming across too much like the BLUE mainstream fragrances a la shower gel.
EdC warms me up and makes me smile when I see people around me sniffing at the ISO-E-Super cloud that I can't see anymore.
EdC is one of my most complimented fragrances and also after all (fragrance) escapades simply mine.
Nothing special
Unfortunately nothing special this smell. I tried it often but never bought it because it was too "vegetable" and nothing else. Similar to CK Eternity only harber. I was hoping for a lot more as I saw the dark green bottle. Much more pine and just a fierce freshness from the forest. Somebody missed a chance to replace the legend of Polo. They would have had the name and unfortunately no real nose for it. When I produce something dark green as an Armani, it can't almost only smell like cucumber, I just expect much more. No recommendation to buy and certainly not at this price.

Don't bother
Oddly similar to a sort of fresher flanker of Cerruti 1881 Amber meets Declaration and Armani Eau de Nuit at first, Eau de Cèdre opens with a blast of acrid, desperately artificial notes of cardamom, musk, cedar, a subtle generic soapy-floral accord, a light sort of depressing musky synthetic leather (Essence de Cerruti style), something smooth and lavender-like, amber, and a conventional head accord of mandarine-infused citrus notes. The composition itself wouldn’t be that bad, as it’s basically a refurbished classic “eau de cologne” structure with a contemporary touch (suede, powdery amber), but the quality of the notes – of any note here – is really, really too mediocre to make some sense. There’s a heavy feel of uninspired cheapness and flatness all over which makes Eau de Cedre smell as refined and interesting as a crippled emergency cone. It doesn’t stink but I don’t really see why one should look for this – maybe for the drydown, which is slightly better and pleasantly smooth (to the point of being worthy the wait and the nonsense first phases? No, not really). Armani fragrances have never been the state-of-the-art of perfumery, but this falls quite among the worst ones for me.

5/10

Office Water
ja, wie jetzt ?
Protocolling
Ich bin ganz brav!

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani