Eau de Cèdre (2015)

Eau de Cèdre by Giorgio Armani

Eau de Cèdre is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-green. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesCumin, Sage, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Black tea, Suede

Submitted by Michael, last update on 03.01.2020.

9.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

Eau de Iso-E cedar harvest
Still one of my favorites...

A few years ago, still at the beginning of my fragrance journey, on my way to the capital of the happy Swabians - Stuttgart:

It was a lukewarm winter/spring midday and the cool breeze had done the rest to perhaps visit the safe warmth of a few more stores than usual. So it happened that the drugstore "M" around the corner not only had the already longed-for energy drink (which had so often cheered me up after a strenuous night) in stock, but on the way to it also the perfume assortment was not unimpressive for me as a layman. So I took the time and tested some scents...

With one of these probably new and highly praised fragrances, the shop was well filled, I unintentionally (*wink*) drew the attention of a young woman at my age to me, who wrestled the fragrance pouting out of my hand and claimed it for herself. This fragrance was Armani's EdC which quickly captivated me with its spicy green ISO-E-TEE. But not only me, but also my companions I met later that day seemed to be enthusiastic about the scent, which meanwhile came from my left hand.

All right, that night back in the "M" and purchased a bottle of this green elixir.

Also today several years and many scent samples and flacons later this is a "stack" in my scent arsenal.

EdC knows how to please without coming across too much like the BLUE mainstream fragrances a la shower gel.
EdC warms me up and makes me smile when I see people around me sniffing at the ISO-E-Super cloud that I can't see anymore.
EdC is one of my most complimented fragrances and also after all (fragrance) escapades simply mine.
7.0 6.0 6.0 6.0/10

Nothing special
Unfortunately nothing special this smell. I tried it often but never bought it because it was too "vegetable" and nothing else. Similar to CK Eternity only harber. I was hoping for a lot more as I saw the dark green bottle. Much more pine and just a fierce freshness from the forest. Somebody missed a chance to replace the legend of Polo. They would have had the name and unfortunately no real nose for it. When I produce something dark green as an Armani, it can't almost only smell like cucumber, I just expect much more. No recommendation to buy and certainly not at this price.
8.0 5.0 6.0 6.5/10

Teleshopping
HALLO NANCY!

Hello, Mirko. Our viewers are very excited about what you have brought for us today. You don't have anything on you?!? You didn't bring us anything today?

OH NANCY I DON'T COME BY WITHOUT SOMETHING! BUT TODAY IT IS INVISIBLE...HA HA!

Invisible? Oh, you rascal, I just noticed that this place is starting to smell. You didn't bring us a perfume, did you?

OH, I'M GLAD YOU NOTICED, NANCY, ISN'T IT WONDERFUL? CAN YOU TELL THE AUDIENCE HOW BEAUTIFULLY I SMELL?

Hmmm yes that smells really nice, but our viewers unfortunately can not smell him Mirko.

Oh i am very happy that you are addressing nancy,then you have to describe the fragrance,but he is not indescribably beautiful

Oh Mirko, I'd love to. He's so wonderful. If only they could smell him, they'd agree with me, wouldn't they micro?

OH THAT THEY WOULD NANCY. I can tell yea that I'm going to tell ya after you
Yes, that's right Mirko. This is unbelievable. But there's more, won't you tell us? Oh Mirko, tell us what else is in there, we're so curious.

OH I'M SO GLAD YOU ASKED ME THIS QUESTION NANCY! I can still tell you that the tea here is in there
That's not what you'd think, honored spectators. Would you have thought? And yes Mirko I can smell it, yes there it is, you smell like violet tea.

OH, I'M GLAD YOU SAID THAT, NANCY, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BLACK TEA. INCREDIBLE,NOT TRUE?

So you're wearing a bag of tea around your neck, Mirko? That would be convenient for home, but that won't be all?!? But Mirko, I don't notice it that much anymore. Is it so fast gone, or do I just have to get closer to you?

I'm happy that you're talking to NANCY when you get closer, you're getting closer again. I can push you once
Jef can smell if ef again.Fo tasty.Welfe ingredient may still be fine?

OH NANCY I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU GIVEN, BUT I'm GOING THAT YOU ARE REQUESTING!

Yes well I can smell it from close again dear spectators and I think it is still some leather to smell, I lie there right Mirko?

OH NANCY, THIS IS JUST INCREDIBLE WHAT YOU SMELL OUT OF IT AND YES YOU'RE RIGHT! ISN'T IT MARVELOUS? PAGE I'm wearing it, but I didn't have any more samples either, because everything is beautiful!

Smells a little soapy too, very clean MIrko. Is that right? Smell me something soapy?

OH YOU'RE RIGHT AGAIN NANCY! I believe it's sage and cedar, but it's only light!

Dear viewers, if only you could sniff Mirko now...
But what do you do then if you can not smell it so fast any more Mirko, because he does not radiate for long and becomes fast very closely?

Oh I'm really happy that you asked me that question
That's a bottle of Mirko!

OH THAT IS RIGHT WHAT YOU SAGST NANCY AND IS NOT WALLY BEAUTIFUL?

But that's a very nice green bottle, isn't it, dear spectators? And you got all that perfume in there, Mirko?

OH YES NANCY AND I CAN ALWAYS SPRAY WHENEVER I WANT, BECAUSE I ONLY NEED TO PRESS THIS BUTTON AND THEN PFFFFFFT! ISN'T THAT AWESOME? AND ISN'T THIS GREEN JUST BEAUTIFUL? THAT IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL GREEN! OH GOD IS THE BEAUTY!

That's just incredible Mirko. And yes, it's a beautiful green. And so practical, if you don't smell it after a short time, you can simply spray it after. Wouldn't you like that at home, dear viewers?

OH GOD I LOVE THIS BOTTLE! He's so beautiful!

Mirko you do not want to tell our viewers what it costs, so what must actually cost a fortune.

OH I CAN'T DO IT NANCY! I can't separate myself from this fragrance
Come on Mirko our spectators are already quite curious.

I simply can't, he's so beautiful and then this beautiful flacon will not make me believe what he's really costing!

But our viewers will be disappointed Mirko.

Oh NANCY THAT I CAN'T RESPONSIBLE EVEN, I DO NOT WANT TO BE THIS...I give it away because it doesn't last that long and it's so quiet that very few people would buy it anyway.

UNBELIEVABLE MIRKO!

Don't bother
Oddly similar to a sort of fresher flanker of Cerruti 1881 Amber meets Declaration and Armani Eau de Nuit at first, Eau de Cèdre opens with a blast of acrid, desperately artificial notes of cardamom, musk, cedar, a subtle generic soapy-floral accord, a light sort of depressing musky synthetic leather (Essence de Cerruti style), something smooth and lavender-like, amber, and a conventional head accord of mandarine-infused citrus notes. The composition itself wouldn’t be that bad, as it’s basically a refurbished classic “eau de cologne” structure with a contemporary touch (suede, powdery amber), but the quality of the notes – of any note here – is really, really too mediocre to make some sense. There’s a heavy feel of uninspired cheapness and flatness all over which makes Eau de Cedre smell as refined and interesting as a crippled emergency cone. It doesn’t stink but I don’t really see why one should look for this – maybe for the drydown, which is slightly better and pleasantly smooth (to the point of being worthy the wait and the nonsense first phases? No, not really). Armani fragrances have never been the state-of-the-art of perfumery, but this falls quite among the worst ones for me.

5/10

Office Water
Protocolling
Ich bin ganz brav!

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani