Eau de Cèdre 2015

Eau de Cèdre by Giorgio Armani
Bottle Design Rozenn Mainguené
7.6 / 10 236 Ratings
Eau de Cèdre is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-green. It was last marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot LemonLemon Violet leafViolet leaf
Heart Notes Heart Notes CuminCumin SageSage CardamomCardamom
Base Notes Base Notes CedarCedar Black teaBlack tea SuedeSuede

Submitted by Michael, last update on 11.01.2023.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Very helpful Review 11
Eau de Iso-E cedar harvest
Still one of my favorites...

A few years ago, still at the beginning of my fragrance journey, on my way to the capital of the happy Swabians - Stuttgart:

It was a lukewarm winter/spring midday and the cool breeze had done the rest to perhaps visit the safe warmth of a few more stores than usual. So it happened that the drugstore "M" around the corner not only had the already longed-for energy drink (which had so often cheered me up after a strenuous night) in stock, but on the way to it also the perfume assortment was not unimpressive for me as a layman. So I took the time and tested some scents...

With one of these probably new and highly praised fragrances, the shop was well filled, I unintentionally (*wink*) drew the attention of a young woman at my age to me, who wrestled the fragrance pouting out of my hand and claimed it for herself. This fragrance was Armani's EdC which quickly captivated me with its spicy green ISO-E-TEE. But not only me, but also my companions I met later that day seemed to be enthusiastic about the scent, which meanwhile came from my left hand.

All right, that night back in the "M" and purchased a bottle of this green elixir.

Also today several years and many scent samples and flacons later this is a "stack" in my scent arsenal.

EdC knows how to please without coming across too much like the BLUE mainstream fragrances a la shower gel.
EdC warms me up and makes me smile when I see people around me sniffing at the ISO-E-Super cloud that I can't see anymore.
EdC is one of my most complimented fragrances and also after all (fragrance) escapades simply mine.
Less helpful Review 1
Nothing special
Unfortunately nothing special this smell. I tried it often but never bought it because it was too "vegetable" and nothing else. Similar to CK Eternity only harber. I was hoping for a lot more as I saw the dark green bottle. Much more pine and just a fierce freshness from the forest. Somebody missed a chance to replace the legend of Polo. They would have had the name and unfortunately no real nose for it. When I produce something dark green as an Armani, it can't almost only smell like cucumber, I just expect much more. No recommendation to buy and certainly not at this price.

Tea goodness
This was a recent discovery for me. Not knowing this particular line from Armani very well, I decided to go with this one as the notes appealed the most to me.

It is a very beautiful, calming tea like scent with cedar and suede to support it, very elegant and timeless.

It’s a silent statement, not made to be loud or obnoxious, for the person who is in peace with him or herself.

It could easily work as an everyday, signature scent, it has the quality and I get excellent performance from it. Not beast mode but 3-4 sprays lasts most of the day.

A smooth, classic fragrance for the mature person, absolutely love it. Discontinued now as far I know.

Don't bother
Oddly similar to a sort of fresher flanker of Cerruti 1881 Amber meets Declaration and Armani Eau de Nuit at first, Eau de Cèdre opens with a blast of acrid, desperately artificial notes of cardamom, musk, cedar, a subtle generic soapy-floral accord, a light sort of depressing musky synthetic leather (Essence de Cerruti style), something smooth and lavender-like, amber, and a conventional head accord of mandarine-infused citrus notes. The composition itself wouldn’t be that bad, as it’s basically a refurbished classic “eau de cologne” structure with a contemporary touch (suede, powdery amber), but the quality of the notes – of any note here – is really, really too mediocre to make some sense. There’s a heavy feel of uninspired cheapness and flatness all over which makes Eau de Cedre smell as refined and interesting as a crippled emergency cone. It doesn’t stink but I don’t really see why one should look for this – maybe for the drydown, which is slightly better and pleasantly smooth (to the point of being worthy the wait and the nonsense first phases? No, not really). Armani fragrances have never been the state-of-the-art of perfumery, but this falls quite among the worst ones for me.

5/10

Zebra782
The best Armani fragrance, period...!!!
The mark of a great fragrance is whether the notes work together or not and how they collectively dry down, you'd think that tea, and black tea at that wouldn't work with heavy leathery and woody notes but you'd be very wrong, I bought a decant of this just to see what the fuss is all about, and I'll admit I wasn't particularly very impressed at first, don't get me wrong I thought it was nice but not great, the black tea note caught me by surprise at first, it is full on tea in your face, gave 15 minutes and now my hand is glued to my nose.

I think this is maybe the best from the Armani house, forget about stronger with you or the code collections, this is the stuff you want right here, you can thank me later.

The dry down is definitely reminding me of Xerjoff Mefisto with that beautiful green musky touch, I ordered a full bottle and can't wait until I get it.

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful...!!!
More reviews

1 short view on the fragrance
HugoMontezHugoMontez 9 months ago
Great violet leaf-black tea combo. With an suede impression. Nice, polite, relaxing and under the radar.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

12 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Oud by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Sì (Fiori Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bleu Turquoise by Giorgio Armani