Emporio Armani - Stronger With You 2017

Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani
Emporio Armani - Stronger With You is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Perfumers

Cécile Matton, Mane

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Pink pepper, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesSage
Base Notes Base NotesMarron glacé, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 20.01.2021.

Inspired by Giorgio Armani's own personal love story with Sergio Galeotti, the advertising campaign, starring Matilda Lutz and James Jagger, is filmed by French director Fabien Constant.

Bobkoston
It could have been so beautiful...
Now I have to write my first comment and it can only be 'Stronger with you'. Because I'm not so long in the "perfume business". Of course, at that time for every birthday and every Christmas from the relatives get the gift boxes of well-known sportswear manufacturers such as Adidas, Puma, etc. as a gift. And they all smelled the same to me - all equally bad. That, for me, typical monotonous "perfume smell".

Therefore, the interest in fragrances was for a long time as good as non-existent. From father I knew only Russian leather. At that time not my case. So the perfume department was basically ignored in the store and headed straight for the deodorant department. And that went on for a few years so.

Well, and then there was a few months ago the change of heart. And the rash was, who does not know him, a certain Jeremy from Youtube. Some love him, others hate him - he comes in any case quickly to the point and has, as far as I can judge as a layman, idea what he's talking about. In fact, it was his fragrance 'Office, which I ordered first - but more about that perhaps in another comment.

Through him and also others, I first got to know the huge variety of fragrances. The monotonous image of the boring perfume scent developed into a mosaic of countless impressions. I had never heard of soap scents or scents like freshly showered. Though I always wondered when people walked past me at work after a few hours and still smelled like freshly showered. I always thought "gosh, I'd like that shower gel too".

But now let's get to the actual fragrance: Stronger with you. After I had ordered some fragrances, this fragrance often came as a sample with in the package. But I had never really paid attention to him. Until one evening I was standing in the bathroom. I had some work to do on my PC and wanted to quickly put on a scent (I love to put on scents for myself at home). And now my eyes got stuck on "Stronger with you". Najut, you have to test him at least once.
So the typical sequence á la Jeremy and over in front of the PC. And then it came over me already. Something like that was unknown to me until then. This sweetness - this masculine sweetness. How can something be so light and sweet, yet come across as so masculine. I couldn't get enough of it. And yet, for a long time, it just stood next to it. Never used. Never noticed.

I sat at the computer for a very long time and the fragrance stayed. I can unfortunately not say much about the individual fragrance notes - I'm still in the discovery phase. But for me it was certain, this could be MY fragrance.

The next day I drive to a very good friend down to discuss something for the university. So I walk into the house and walk past him. Wait a minute That scent. That cloying scent. You've got to be kidding me.
i approached him directly about his perfume and he told me quite proudly how he had bought a new fragrance and he was in love with it. It was 'his' new fragrance.

And all of a sudden it was over with my romance. I felt cheated - out of the dream. I continue to love this fragrance, but all of a sudden it was no longer 'my' fragrance.

May sound strange, but it could no longer become my 'signature scent'. I bought him also still, but the butterflies in the stomach are no longer there. In the evening, alone in front of the PC, I meet him again in the bathroom. But an intimate relationship that will probably no longer.
5.5
One million 3.0
I'm so sorry. I love the Armani brand but this fragrance is just another scent that has too many similarities to One Million. Just a little more synthetic and fresh/spicy Who knows G Bellini No 1 from Lidl? That was my first thought with the scent. I hate it when such a synthetic broth is produced. And then for this price and from a brand where I have such high expectations. Durability and silage are ok and I like the bottle On the whole, I'm disappointed.
DN1982
You want some more? No, you go ahead.
Who doesn't know that when you're sitting like this at dinner. The meal isn't terrible, but you don't want to have any more and then you get that tortured smile and rejection. That's how I feel with this scent. Why? Well, it's just so popular: smelled over the past 10 years or more in the form of similar mainstream favourites a la One Million - exactly, the one with the legal dose of rose - and on the one hand estimated, but on the other hand something you don't want to have every day. Just like a toy a long time ago that would quickly become boring and end up in the corner.
The monotony of the scent contributes to the boredom here, the pyramid of scents leaves no doubt: here, however, it is not a lethal dose of roses, but the musty pepper on the back of its field nag called sage, which has just entered a vanilla bog, slowly sinking into it and no helper in sight far and wide. This spectacle, or drama in one act, lasts about 7-8 hours and does not wash off as well. So I fry myself a nice steak with lots of roasted onions on top and fry myself a portion of fries in the hope that these gourmand foreign notes will let a little grass grow over the badly washable
If you're still into that sort of thing, including those who have mocked the fact that a scent is badly rated just because it's sweet, I'll put a Halloween Man from Jesus Del Pozo to their hearts if they want to get really crazy. He is also suitable for sweet friends as a recognition that the better is the enemy of the good. And for something in-between, it's also worth a nose full of Wanted by Night.
Sweet as candy floss
Top note: Very vanilla, sweet. With time, the fragrance becomes fresher and develops. Durability is very good in any case
8H+.

Not for perfume lovers who do not like sweet scents. Conclusion: Finally a men's fragrance that is sweet but not too feminine. The price is acceptable, as always, I advise you to try before buying the bottle. :)
5.5
MonsieurTest
Flavorful scented jewelry. No, I'm not wearing that sweet stuff!
Well, you eager Emporio slayers, you asked for it. Your specimens of Stronger with you are apparently among the most widely distributed. They are piling up at my place - and after some hesitation I finally got them, bravely hiding the diabetes warnings in the pyramid up here and at the colleagues below, and finally getting on my case.

Actually, I really like Armani as an understated fashion designer. But his Emporio textiles seem to me to be quite loud and logo-printed in the last years. Actually, I associate nice memories with Armani fragrances; a lot of good and likeable things: the wonderfully fresh, old eau pour homme, the classic ladies' chypre of the 1980s, the widespread, pleasing code for guys that was quite popular for a few years. Or the flowery powdery Emporio for her. In between, there were certainly still many Armani fragrances that somehow passed me by; you have other things to do. So I don't really feel like tearing an Armani fragrance away.

Actually I have nothing at all against something sweeter or gourmand scents. Occasionally, I like to wear one of those. If only for a change. Especially if the sweet juices contain cardamom and cocoa or a nice vanilla. So I could've done something with Stronger... and me
BUT: What sticks on my wrist and rises into my nostrils is aaaaarg sweet and also undefined in taste. Top note? Sugar shock I can hardly make out the cardamom, which I hold in high esteem, it is drowning in the candied cotton candy clouds. The same applies to the chestnut, which is almost desperately sought after on the wrist, drowning in a - not particularly well-articulated - sugar vanilla. On the second test run I think I can sniff out a discreet chestnut after about two hours - but maybe this is just an effect of neuro-linguistic autosuggestion?

Presumably, disdainful mass market research drives the IFF (International Flavors & Fragrances), the American licensed fragrance giants that produce and distribute the Emporio-Armani fragrances, to such sweet realms. Sad. The Armani perfumes, on the other hand, as far as I understand it, are produced and marketed by L'Oréal. Poor Giorgio has a lot of licensing contracts to sign... Hopefully he'll be able to design his chic jackets and stylish interiors then
Actually, I find the smell unbearable. But towards the base note, after a good 2 hours, it becomes halfway tolerable for its remaining duration. But even back there it remains synthetic and spongy-sweet. This is also no reason to put on such a fragrance. For a barely bearable base, I don't have to go through the candy floss purgatory, which is at the beginning here and lets its hellish rice pudding simmer quite long. Luckily, durability and projection are moderate.

Actually, I like Armani. But when I feel like a nice sweet men's fragrance, I still prefer to go for Guerlain's Homme Ideal (with almond instead of chestnut as backbone), Bogart's 'Silver Scent Deep' (nut-vanilla) or Trussardi's 'Scent of Gold', which opens with cinnamon plums and recognisable violets and closes with vanilla tobacco. Although Mugler's fashion was certainly more garish than Armani's designs, his unquestionably loud, gourmand A*Men flankers smell far more tasteful than this Emporio (empör-mio) Stronger aberration.

Tighter with you? Than with other candy? Because you come up with the name Armani, which stands for style, the master of garish, greedy colours and cuddly cuts and you appear so garish and vulgar? Probably this disappoints me, as well as your completely failed fragrance name, and perhaps makes me rate you a note stricter than if xy had thrown you on the market as 'Candied Vanilla Chestnut'. My recollection of the great and distinctive old Armani fragrances that deserved every production continuation and sample distribution creates a drop height. You have fully exploited them here.

Experiments are now being carried out in the garden with the Stronger than You test tubes. Perhaps they can be used to set up ecologically correct ant resettlement projects or something similar? Hopefully the elegant chestnut-coloured squirrels will forgive me for this.

Sweeter With You
The Armani brand had to take a lot of scolding in my last comment. So it would be almost logical that this younger polarizing descendant would get something similar on the flacon lid.

But it's not. On the contrary: as Emporio Armani it is designed accordingly for the younger target group, but it is by far not as bad as some people write here.

Sure - Stronger With You is the Armani answer to 1 million, Eros and all Mâle flankers to get involved in the clubbing market, but at least it has the positive qualities of a gourmand fragrance without being too synthetic or cheap.

So the spicy cardamom brings a little freshness to the mix, although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being accompanied by a few tiny splashes of bergamot or something similar. At least the thought of the exotic is most likely to germinate here, even if only for a very short time. Shortly afterwards sweet swaths of vanilla and something nutty to chestnut-like (yepp - the glazed chestnut) crash through the olfactory picture. They become strongly entangled in the olfactory construct, so that further development is hardly possible.

In the middle of it all you might think you hear a little bit of sage as a light-footed counterpoint, otherwise Stronger With You might be too cumbersome. Until the vanilla-spicy drydown it stays cuddly warm and sweet, whereas you'll notice how nicely round it presents itself. On cold evenings to go out absolutely an announcement!

Am I so surprised that I like Stronger With You so much despite the current relatively low overall rating, or am I rather irritated that it comes off worse than it actually is with so many people? If you don't like sweet scents, you won't do yourself any favors with this one. After all, it is decently created and not at all as synthetic as many other competitors for the position of a youthful clubbing EdT.

Personally, I don't think he'd be considered for the job, but I kind of like him. Precisely because he is much more than just over-sweetened plörre and doesn't get on your nerves so much. The only negative thing about him is his stupidly constructed name, which sounds as if it had been pulled out of a faltering brainstorming just before the capitulation. There was definitely more to it than that...
Seahawk12s
nice, quite sweet mainstream scent
who has read my other reviews will notice that I like these relatively sweet designer chestnuts/caramel scents quite well, best example is Azzaro's Wanted by night, the Armani SWY is also along these lines. The Wanted by night has of course a little more power, but I also like the Armani very much. The durability is very good, only the bottle is not very nice, the fiddly lid could be a bit more valuable.
Konsalik
Sven needs something new!
"For you to try!" (#2)

Why not dare a small row to my most frequently packed scented samples at the checkout? They must be good for something. Part 1 (though not yet so named) was called "Only the Brave" - and why not stay a little longer in the cosmos of the crazy perfume names? It is noticeable during the test that this modern naming even seems to be speaking in a certain way: a somehow diffuse association of strength and/or union or - more precisely - undefined penetrance and muddling.

In the first ten seconds, a pseudo bergamot, which is already clearly sweet and sticky, blows around you, suggesting freshness. These ten seconds are decisive for the sales success, because during this time both the disgruntled buyer (We call him Sven) and his girlfriend ("You need wat Neuet!") had their noses on the back of their hands. Catch! "Oh, I don't like the beatings. Ma wat Frischet. It's modern again." After half a minute at the latest there is nothing left of it, the two do not notice. Not even later, because basically it doesn't matter how it actually smells: The first impression is stored, the formulation of the first judgement is fixed and integrated into the personality, which also means that it is defended with eagerness at family celebrations ("Samma, Sven! Do you smell like a candied apple now?") when countering: "This is fresh. Ma wat anderet. Not always like you with your Bruno Banani from Rossmann!"

If there had been any interest: Sven and his nameless sweetheart would have quickly noticed that with "Stronger with You" we are in exactly the same artificial violet wood veneer sugar syrup country in which the market has been vegetating for so many years.
DerDefcon
Oh, something sweet! But only a small piece.
Do you know her? The people, who always swear to eat a little healthier, start carefully with the healthy food, which then often only serves as foreplay or starter for the unrestrained "eating"? Do you know the people who pump sweet things into themselves all day long, eat a carrot, an apple or a small salad in between, to spice up their own conscience a little, only to have their blood sugar level rise again afterwards? Or in other words: Does some people perhaps know it from themselves? Who does not know it, should get it explained on the basis of this smell.
It's all starting pretty well. Here a little pepper, there a little cardamom and also something healthy, namely the violet. It's all very invigorating and almost pleasantly fresh. Ah... what have we not a clear conscience. To live healthy is what we always strive for and what we seem to succeed in doing today. Something's missing, though. Ahh... the sage. Well then, we'll add that for a little spice and aroma. My conscience is leaping for joy and the scales will most likely do the same tomorrow morning. Where is the visit now?

There's a tinkling noise at the door and it's pretty early. As I know my visit, will he appreciate that I am now striving for a healthier lifestyle and that I am also supporting him in this?
I'm showered with words of praise. "Oh, it's good to see you live healthier now."
"Wow, sage, violets and great spices. Eating healthy seems to work after all."
"I'm so happy for you that you've finally found the strength. But come on, there's got to be something to nibble on with all this healthy stuff, right? I brought something."
Well... it didn't seem like everyone wanted to support me 100 percent. Let's see how that develops.
I continue to focus on our healthy components while eating, which I also want to succeed in for a certain time. I'm really proud of myself. It all tastes a bit thin, doesn't have much depth and doesn't give as much pleasure as a good vanilla ice cream, but it's bearable. All you have to do is get over your inner pig.
My visitor looks at me pitifully from the corner of his eye while he is eating himself. I can almost hear from their eyes how they think that I should take something from the candy plate now and again. I can resist the grip on it, but two of my visitors are grabbing something from this plate next to mine, unasked for, mind you. In order not to appear rude, I decide to put a little bit of the vanilla pod in my herby-fresh food. That should be a mistake.
I'm seized by the ravenous appetite. The initially small amount of vanilla now becomes an almost unmanageable one, which I literally devour. There is not much left of my herbaceous green health food now, because it floats in a vanilla compote. I shovel it into myself without thinking. Once again sweet stuff has turned my mind off and made me forget all the healthy things around me. I feel bad, I feel sick and I don't want to have this visit in my apartment again.
This visit, which was a decisive factor in my sugar shock, will never be here again

Warm and elegant
A fragrance that I’ve got with some help. I was not sure if it’s worth it. It was recommended to me by some girls that were working at the perfumery.
I like the warmth of it. It’s very pleasant. This fragrance always seems to say “come in, let’s talk for a bit”. It’s very welcoming for me. Sweet, warm and that chestnut is giving it a nice combination. Highly complimented. Only for fall and maybe a bit in the winter. Awesome performance for me. 10-12 hours with at least 2-3 hours of strong projection. I still catch a bit of this juice even after 8 hours. I don’t want to buy it again, because it reminds me of my ex girlfriend. I bought this fragrance not long after I broke up with her. And it reminds me of how sad I was at that time, being forced to get over everything and move on. This being said, great fragrance. I recommend to be tested before purchase. Very nice fragrance. I can say that it’s a romantic fragrance, nothing casual here. Will suit very well a close encounter or a romantic dinner.
Overall : 8/10

DemeteraDemetera 3 months ago
Candy-like sickingly sweet vanilla, really strong performance. Love the brand, but hate this cheap smell. Who is the target with this one?
ItchynoseItchynose 5 months ago
Reminiscent of an airplane cabin or the air freshener of a hotel lobby. Slightly sweet and soapy cardamom with a synthetic textile vibe.
Natieli12345Natieli12345 1 year ago
this is a wonderful fragrance . its sweet warm cozy spicy. a compliment getter with excellent performance. glad to have it!!!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
My wife, sisters and daughter, opine this fragrance to be really sexy. If the ladies of my life like it so much, that must mean something.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Warm and spicy, it's a hymn to cinnamon with a sweet vanilla touch perfect in the cold season and...for Her too! I love it .High price.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
Alluring & seductive, this seems familiar but a little different, great release from Armani, a quality crowd-pleasing scent, I love this!
YosYos 3 years ago
Generic but really nice opening, gets worse in the drydown but still nice. Lasts ages! Was still getting whiffs 11hours later with 3-4 spray
HitchslapHitchslap 3 years ago
I walked into a local Emporio Armani, sprayed, initially smells like cardamom bomb, 2 hrs. later, on paper it, smells like root beer.

First One
by TheOne01
by Babylon
by Babylon

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani