Emporio Armani - Stronger With You (2017)

Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani

Emporio Armani - Stronger With You is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Perfumers

Cécile Matton, Mane

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Pink pepper, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesSage
Base Notes Base NotesGlazed chestnut, Vanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 31.10.2019

Inspired by Giorgio Armani's own personal love story with Sergio Galeotti, the advertising campaign, starring Matilda Lutz and James Jagger, is filmed by French director Fabien Constant.

5.0 7.0 7.0 4.0/10

Konsalik
Sven needs something new!
"For you to try!" (#2)

Why not dare a small row to my most frequently packed scented samples at the checkout? They must be good for something. Part 1 (though not yet so named) was called "Only the Brave" - and why not stay a little longer in the cosmos of the crazy perfume names? It is noticeable during the test that this modern naming even seems to be speaking in a certain way: a somehow diffuse association of strength and/or union or - more precisely - undefined penetrance and muddling.

In the first ten seconds, a pseudo bergamot, which is already clearly sweet and sticky, blows around you, suggesting freshness. These ten seconds are decisive for the sales success, because during this time both the disgruntled buyer (We call him Sven) and his girlfriend ("You need wat Neuet!") had their noses on the back of their hands. Catch! "Oh, I don't like the beatings. Ma wat Frischet. It's modern again." After half a minute at the latest there is nothing left of it, the two do not notice. Not even later, because basically it doesn't matter how it actually smells: The first impression is stored, the formulation of the first judgement is fixed and integrated into the personality, which also means that it is defended with eagerness at family celebrations ("Samma, Sven! Do you smell like a candied apple now?") when countering: "This is fresh. Ma wat anderet. Not always like you with your Bruno Banani from Rossmann!"

If there had been any interest: Sven and his nameless sweetheart would have quickly noticed that with "Stronger with You" we are in exactly the same artificial violet wood veneer sugar syrup country in which the market has been vegetating for so many years.
8.0 9.0 8.0 5.0/10

DerDefcon
Oh, something sweet! But only a small piece.
Do you know her? The people, who always swear to eat a little healthier, start carefully with the healthy food, which then often only serves as foreplay or starter for the unrestrained "eating"? Do you know the people who pump sweet things into themselves all day long, eat a carrot, an apple or a small salad in between, to spice up their own conscience a little, only to have their blood sugar level rise again afterwards? Or in other words: Does some people perhaps know it from themselves? Who does not know it, should get it explained on the basis of this smell.
It's all starting pretty well. Here a little pepper, there a little cardamom and also something healthy, namely the violet. It's all very invigorating and almost pleasantly fresh. Ah... what have we not a clear conscience. To live healthy is what we always strive for and what we seem to succeed in doing today. Something's missing, though. Ahh... the sage. Well then, we'll add that for a little spice and aroma. My conscience is leaping for joy and the scales will most likely do the same tomorrow morning. Where is the visit now?

There's a tinkling noise at the door and it's pretty early. As I know my visit, will he appreciate that I am now striving for a healthier lifestyle and that I am also supporting him in this?
I'm showered with words of praise. "Oh, it's good to see you live healthier now."
"Wow, sage, violets and great spices. Eating healthy seems to work after all."
"I'm so happy for you that you've finally found the strength. But come on, there's got to be something to nibble on with all this healthy stuff, right? I brought something."
Well... it didn't seem like everyone wanted to support me 100 percent. Let's see how that develops.
I continue to focus on our healthy components while eating, which I also want to succeed in for a certain time. I'm really proud of myself. It all tastes a bit thin, doesn't have much depth and doesn't give as much pleasure as a good vanilla ice cream, but it's bearable. All you have to do is get over your inner pig.
My visitor looks at me pitifully from the corner of his eye while he is eating himself. I can almost hear from their eyes how they think that I should take something from the candy plate now and again. I can resist the grip on it, but two of my visitors are grabbing something from this plate next to mine, unasked for, mind you. In order not to appear rude, I decide to put a little bit of the vanilla pod in my herby-fresh food. That should be a mistake.
I'm seized by the ravenous appetite. The initially small amount of vanilla now becomes an almost unmanageable one, which I literally devour. There is not much left of my herbaceous green health food now, because it floats in a vanilla compote. I shovel it into myself without thinking. Once again sweet stuff has turned my mind off and made me forget all the healthy things around me. I feel bad, I feel sick and I don't want to have this visit in my apartment again.
This visit, which was a decisive factor in my sugar shock, will never be here again
7.0 8.0 9.0 7.5/10

Warm and elegant
A fragrance that I’ve got with some help. I was not sure if it’s worth it. It was recommended to me by some girls that were working at the perfumery.
I like the warmth of it. It’s very pleasant. This fragrance always seems to say “come in, let’s talk for a bit”. It’s very welcoming for me. Sweet, warm and that chestnut is giving it a nice combination. Highly complimented. Only for fall and maybe a bit in the winter. Awesome performance for me. 10-12 hours with at least 2-3 hours of strong projection. I still catch a bit of this juice even after 8 hours. I don’t want to buy it again, because it reminds me of my ex girlfriend. I bought this fragrance not long after I broke up with her. And it reminds me of how sad I was at that time, being forced to get over everything and move on. This being said, great fragrance. I recommend to be tested before purchase. Very nice fragrance. I can say that it’s a romantic fragrance, nothing casual here. Will suit very well a close encounter or a romantic dinner.
Overall : 8/10
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

RobinM10
The main thing is to talk negative...
It started at 1 million when everyone thought they had to talk him into the ground because he was often bought and even more by the younger generation man. Exactly the same thing happened with SWY. Does he smell uncreatively sweet? Yes. Is he partly already overhyped? Yes. Is that now an absolute counterargument for a purchase? No.

My story with SWY started at Amsterdam-Schiphol Airport. On the journey home to FRA still strolled past the Duty Free Shop and the favorable price of approx. 40€ thankfully accepted.

Arrived at home it was promptly found good by my then +1 and so it was frequently applied anyway. Each time I liked it myself more and more and after almost a year it is a fragrance I can wear everywhere. Be it in the office (no more than 2 splashes behind the ears), at an evening event or even in the discotheque. SWY's always leaving and that's exactly what he's supposed to do. It should not make any unique statements or function as a premium fragrance for dance galas.

It's supposed to work, and it does
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

DPArtist
Sweet yourself, you deserve it!
From the advertising campaign this and the female version 'Because It's You' seem to have been marketed as perfect his & her gifts. Well, seeing as I'm a single straight man (and quite handsome according to my late grandmother, so form an orderly queue ladies, please calm down!), I decided to buy this for myself instead of waiting until hell froze over to get it as a gift from a female admirer! :D

This lovingly created fragrance seems to get more than it's fair share of hate in frag-Com. Why? Well in my opinion it's because of the type of scent it is (popular with the masses a la 1 Million et al) rather than the smell and quality of the fragrance itself! Upon sniffing Stronger with YOU for the first time you are hit with a strong sweetness, which some may find off-putting. Give it a chance though and it can quickly become enchanting, addictive even. SWY is said to be unoriginal and rather deja-vu and yes it does smell familiar but at the same time it's like a much (much) better version of something familiar. I also find this fragrance, even though it smells brilliantly contemporary, has a timeless quality to it. The way it was created it seems more of an overall scent or composition in a similar way to many 'classic' fragrances from the past rather than one of those where you pick out each note and so easily classify a scent as a leather or tobacco frag and so on, so this is possibly another reason why it's written off as synthetic crap. Oh and it doesn't contain one of the current trendy notes such as leather, oud or strong iris.

In my collection I find this to be like a cold weather variant of lovely Legend Spirit by MontBlanc, perhaps that's due to them both containing pink pepper, cardamom and a sweet woody vibe. Whatever it is they are both immensely uplifting scents that please both the wearer and people around them! Yes, surefire crowd-pleasers make no mistake. Where SWY surpasses LS is on performance, (MontBlanc please release an intense version!), whereas has acceptable performance SWY projects on the higher end of moderate with decent sillage and fantastic longevity (10+ hours). The heart-warming glow of this fragrance will keep you company for hours & hours with it's beguiling, candied chestnut and vanilla dry-down (with an ever-present cardamom giving it that spicy lift). If you care about compliments on your fragrance (I don't) then you will be extremely happy with this one.

I often when I visit stores the tester bottles for this fragrance seem get a huge amount of interest and are often nearly empty, a sign of it's obvious popularity. I'm not a niche snob but usually rather more of a under the radar/cheapie snob (contradiction in terms!) but on this occasion this popular designer product deserves praise of the highest order, from the quality of the beautifully crafted yet simple bottle to the rich amber coloured liquid held within. A must try. And try more than once you maybe pleasantly surprised.

Timeless.
7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Sure, I'm sure. Safest. Stronger with you
If Stronger is to be described with you, then one can only say: an uncreative sweet mixture. There is really nothing unique about Stronger with you. Is that bad now? Not necessarily.
Almost everyone needs a Swiss Army knife. That's exactly SWY from Emporio Armani. Safe in any situation when it comes to winter.
So if you need a fragrance that you don't want to go wrong with, but still say, "hm, you smell good." If you want to dust, take Stronger with you from Emporio Armani.
8.0 8.0 7.0 7.5/10

Stop that!
It's starting to piss me off. But not a normal on the nerves go, but really on the Sa* go is that already. It started with the 1 million where suddenly everyone rated him so bad without any objective reason. Most ratings were based on the fact that 10 years ago almost everyone wore this fragrance. HEY, GUYS! THERE IS NO REASON TO JUDGE A FRAGRANCE UNOBJECTIVE AND NEGATIVE, JUST BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE HAVE WORN OR WEAR THIS FRAGRANCE! The same thing happened with the Sauvage and I think it will happen with this fragrance. So many negative comments and statements because this fragrance is becoming mainstream and supposedly too sweet and perhaps resembles the 1 million. There is nothing but really nothing that justifies the current score of 6.2 for this fragrance. Yes he is cute, yes he smells similar to other fragrances, yes he is often praised in online reviews. But does that make him bad? I have the feeling that people deliberately rate this fragrance worse only because it is praised on Youtube, for example, so that they feel like experts and defy the reviewers. Of course there are niche lovers who prefer exciting, complex fragrances or who only like certain fragrances, but people who rate this fragrance with a score of less than 5 do so maliciously. I'm not saying they're all. There are certainly people who find that too sweet. But if you look at the comments and above all the statements, you notice that things are hardly objective there and that the trend towards the destruction of popular mainstream fragrances continues... It is clear that sweet scents are mainly worn by the younger generation, such are also panty droppers ;). But that's no reason to destroy this fragrance, because that's exactly what makes us deter the more experienced noses that hang around here on Parfumo from such scents, and these scents thus inevitably remain only for the youngsters who are not particularly interested in scents and are therefore put into a drawer.

2.0 5.0 4.0 3.0/10

Weaker with you, definitely
Man scent? Nope

I wouldn't want to smell it on a woman either.

Stronger with you - what was Armani thinking with this name? His only strength is probably to transform the wearer into a kind of sugar bomb.
I find it bad when perfumes have a strong sweet honey or rum note but Armani mixes cardamom with vanilla which smells even worse. Already with the first spray this penetrating sweet note was not to be endured, nearly like with Wanted of Azzaro. There is no smell process here and more than these two components I do not take was. After a short time I only smell him very close on my clothes. That's better. If this fragrance had a performance of One Million or Wanted you would get a nausea every ten minutes.
3.0 6.0 6.0 5.0/10

Oh nay.....
Well, not all fragrances hit the wearer's nerve.

Here we have another case like this.

A cardamom start with a slight hint of violet and a hint of sage from the middle part is then crushed by a slightly colicky chestnut in a sugar coating and vanilla.
This is written by someone who also likes sweet scents, who actually has nothing against gourmands and who still considers this scent interchangeable and irrelevant because it is nothing special.

If I want chestnut and vanilla I reach for the By the Fireplace of Replica. This is not always wearable, but smokier and somehow more real.
Above all, he keeps what you can't say about the Armani here in German.

I was also torn whether I should really write a comment, because here a statement would have been enough, but since I had so many ideas for a statement, I just write them here.

-The scent of Willy Wonka.

-The fair among men's perfumes.

-Santa's suit, after successful chimney crossing.

-Here it is not worth to get the chestnuts out of the fire

-Glazed apples are out, a new hit at the fair. Candy chestnut!

-Even before the chestnut can unfold properly, the wind comes and everything is gone

- What doesnt Kill you makes you Stronger. In that case...sweeter!

Of course some like him, so as always, please don't let anyone feel attacked, there are worse things than a comment from old Schoork.

Positive for me was that it didn't stick and didn't get on my nerves either. That was different for some here who tore it up completely.

No offense.
8.0 8.0 8.0/10

La Inuit...
No, Armanis Marone does not smell like YSL to me, the title refers more to its characteristics. Stronger with you, that could mean cool freshness, because in cold and moderate weather this calorie bomb shows its authority.
First applied in a perfumery in spring, I immediately liked this fragrance, but I didn't buy it. I bought Swy in midsummer for a reasonable price. At temperatures well and gladly over 30 degrees the Luder nearly strangled me. Much too sweet and heavy, almost pompous, this fragrance lay around my neck. I blamed myself, but I wanted to test my new acquisition at any price A few weeks later, we have an autumn rainy season and temperatures between 15 and 20 degrees, when Armanis Kleiner knows how to please again. Sure, the sweet, waxy and thick character remains, but now fits perfectly into this season. The durability is more than tidy, two sprayers are perfectly sufficient
9.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

My darling!
This fragrance fascinated me the first time I sprayed it on. I thought it would be a great fragrance. The scent is very fragrant. Now with this smell the opinions split enormously. Either you love him or you hate him. I like the slightly woody sweet note of the bottle. Now that is all well and good there are many fragrances that can do that and smell more pleasant. But what is an incredible plus about this fragrance is that it lasts forever and projects the fragrance strongly. I don't spray the scent too often, but I come to the honor of spraying it up, the whole house smells of it when I wake up after celebrating. In my opinion this fragrance is not a single sugar plörre that screams "I am here", but rather a distinctive very strong woody warm fragrance that fits perfectly to my character. Perfect to celebrate!
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Stronger with me
This is a good EDT with slightly above average performance and a generic sweet scent that will please both genders, and offering an atractive drydown of glazed nuts and sweet vanilla. Most certainly it will call the attention of many sniffers of the gentle gender.
I tried it last week in a duty free and the fragrance stayed with me for the entire lenght of the flight. My wife (sitting by my side) borrowed the test strip a couple of times to forget the in flight plane smell. After 10 hours the strip scent and projection were alive and kicking. My wife was delighted with the fragrance and advised me to buy it and use it.
I receive my bottle today and just tried it in the back of my hand. My wife confirmed that it is adorable, manly and super sexy. My teen daughter commented it was quite fashionable and sexy ("moods" in teen language).
It does remember Code Profumo a bit but it has its own identity. I kind of prefer this one due to the heavy vanilla note. It performs quite well with what it looks 2 hours+ projecting more than an arm lenght, and a longevity of 8+ hours. Till now I only have a non positive opinion about the name. It's a bit tacky.
I love cardamom, but I am a sucker for vanilla which is the main note of SWY. Neither Invictus nor Code Profumo have that note. No way it has any Invictus vibe in it as I have seen stated in some reviews. I did not perceived any similarities yet. I am glad this fragrance does not smell like it.
In the Parfumo notes list, my nose misses the following notes: Mellon, Pineapple and Amber.
Even if I am not a "connoisseur" of niche fragrances, recently I did try something similar in Paris. It's called "By the Fireplace" by Maison Martin Margiela but I don't own that perfume. I never had a chance to try them side by side. I am stating this opinion just using my memory.
My wife and my sister also think that this fragrance is super sexy, a real head turner. Well, if the ladies of my life like it so much, that must mean something.
George Clooney playing a 007 role could wear this fragrance - classy, manly, elegant, and a ladies attention magnet.

Hhow does math judges this Armani fragrance?
- Scent Opening:...........7.5 (my judgement)
- Scent Drydown:..........8.5 (really plesant)
- Longevity:...................8.25 ( 8+ hours, 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage:.........................7.5 (4~5 feet at the peak, projects for 2~2.5 hours)
- Versatility:...................7.5 (avoid using it in hot weather; very good for many situations in normal and cold weather; due to its smothness it may face a wide range temperatures)
- Wearability:.................8.0 (better than with most sweet spicy scents; avoid places where you may sweat)
- Compliments...............8.5 (Yes it is a compliment grabber due to its smothness and pleasant notes; It's not an head turner but it's quite sexy)
- Uniqueness:.................8.0 (It does not feel unique, but it's not a look alike of any scent)
- Quality:.........................8.0 it (smells classy but not as much as both Armani's Profumo; excelent sprayer; heavy glass)
- Presentation:...............8.0 (classy bottle, simple but elegant, very nice box)
- Price:.............................6.5 (€44 for 100 ml)

Average: 7.84/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Good fragrance; I do recomend it if you like sweet scents for men, but for a lesser price; Price will get more competitive in 2019 for sure.

Music: Amy Winehouse - "Stronger Than Me"

Carlitos01 11 months ago
My wife, sisters and daughter, opine this fragrance to be really sexy. If the ladies of my life like it so much, that must mean something.+4
Jazzy76 11 months ago
Warm and spicy, it's a hymn to cinnamon with a sweet vanilla touch perfect in the cold season and...for Her too! I love it .High price.+1
DPArtist 13 months ago
Alluring & seductive, this seems familiar but a little different, great release from Armani, a quality crowd-pleasing scent, I love this!+1
Yos 18 months ago
Generic but really nice opening, gets worse in the drydown but still nice. Lasts ages! Was still getting whiffs 11hours later with 3-4 spray
Hitchslap 24 months ago
I walked into a local Emporio Armani, sprayed, initially smells like cardamom bomb, 2 hrs. later, on paper it, smells like root beer.+2

by Babylon
by Babylon

Popular Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lei/elle/she/ella/女... by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男... by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Profumo by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani Eau de Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani