Giò 1992 Eau de Parfum

Giò (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani
Bottle Design Giorgio Armani, Michel Blanc
Giò (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 1992. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Cosmair.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
IrisIris
Orris rootOrris root
Currant leafCurrant leaf
Currant blossomCurrant blossom
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
MyrrhMyrrh
SandalwoodSandalwood
StyraxStyrax
VanillaVanilla
CedarCedar

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 13.12.2021.

WildGardener
The ori-Giò-nal and still the best
There’s a lush liquid fullness to Giò.
It’s an orange flower / violet bouquet -- which is piqued with dry accents
and given a fruity floral backing of soft syrupy smoothness.
It’s durable and quite linear but doesn’t lose much detail over time (when applied to clothing) which makes it long ... and luxious, and quite ravishing.
Truly excellent.

Youth mistakes
I owned this fabulous perfume 20 years ago. I bought the 100ml bottle because it was on sale at my favourite drugstore.
I loved it and ....suddenly I gave it away because I began to think it was taking negativity to me! Maybe I was totally crazy! :0
How I 'd like , nowadays, to own again this wonderful and discontinued fragrance, so feminin, so rich, so sweet and warm, with its opulent flowery bouquet. I remember its sillage, maybe too rich and strong for the girl I was, but surely wonderful . How many mistakes I made when I was Young!

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Plus a Million White Flowers
Giorgio Armani GIO is a big billowy bouquet of flowers, a few of the white petals of which have been studded with cloves. All of this is anchored in a substantial base which somehow magnifies the florals over time. Apply a tiny bit, and it will expand over the course of a few hours to take over whatever space you currently happen to inhabit.

GIO is very similar in brash spirit, monster sillage, and eternal longevity to Calvin Klein ETERNITY, and equally a part of the late 80's trend to excess. Just look at the list of notes! Everything but the kitchen sink was thrown into GIO. The composition somehow still works, but *only* if *very* sparingly applied. These fragrances are so potent that they can only be washed away--no need for a purse spray!

GIO appears to have gone out of production some time ago--no doubt because ETERNITY won out. And I suppose it's true: No one really needs to own both GIO and ETERNITY. My own intolerance of the clove note explains why my bottle of GIO remained 3/4 full for years and was eventually swapped away, but I do believe on some level that this is a worthy creation, and can recommend it to anyone who likes ETERNITY.

My own relationship to GIO can be compared also to my relationship with Lancôme POEME: I always felt that in theory they were worthy creations, but in practice, whenever it came time to reach for a perfume, I rarely reached for them. (I still have a bottle of POEME in the back of my armoire...)

The elegant GIO bottle is the same as that used for ACQUA DI GIO, with a thin, almost chiplike shape. The ACQUA version is frosted, while the GIO bottle is clear.

NarcisaNarcisa 1 year ago
Powerful, beautiful big floral. Embrace with cloves in a spicy oriental dance...

by EveMist
was die Nordsee alles so mit den Algen anspült... eine wahre Fundgrube ;) Ihr Lieben, ein großes Dankeschön für eure Aufmerksamkeit, Worte & Blicke - die Küste bebt :)
by Smitty
by JJ84
by Allesdufte
by Allesdufte

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Sì (Fiori Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani