Sensi by Giorgio Armani
Top 91 in Women's Perfume
Sensi is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 2002. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesLime, Common elder
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Almond, Wheat
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Rosewood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.09.2020.

Perfect!
I am usually not that into the “discontinued hype”, often I find that discontinued scents well sought-after by collectors at high prices aren’t really that special. So I don’t really want to sound enthusiastic just because this is a rare fragrance, but... Jesus! Sensi is great. Plain great. I’d say it’s even perfect in its own way; it’s not mind-blowing, as it’s a very refined, sort of discreetly “academic” and somehow mannered (maybe too much) white floral-woody blend, but it’s just impeccable on every aspect. One of those fragrances which I could really see well working as a lifetime signature. Depending on you and on circumstances it can be luscious and sultry as much as perfectly clean, laid-back, youthful and lively.

The balance of the diverse nuances is just amazing: fresh, deep, powdery, sweet yet not a “gourmand” thing, rather a very crisp, mature, “satin” blend of clean, fascinating white-almondy notes. It’s a very simple blend actually: a gentle, top quality, classy cascade of “whiteness” in its most pleasant, bracing nuances – jasmine-driven whiteness, “sweet” nutty whiteness, even woody-resinous whiteness thanks to some very clean, smooth cedar-benzoin base notes, all topped with a beam of zesty citrus just to keep it fresh enough. At the very core of the scent lies a brilliant sort of fruity-rose heart which is very subtle, very natural, like a tiny pulsating heart giving life to the breezy, uplifting, sophisticated natural brightness of the scent. The drydown is a mellow shimmering modulation of nuances which as time goes by, gain some sort of slightly creamy “sun tan” texture, adding a whiff of floral-scented milk, together with some warmer and stronger presence of woods. I also sense quite a recognizable earthy-talc hint of orris root, although it isn’t listed in the composition.

That’s it, and it’s heavenly. Nothing more to say, not a single flaw to mention. Tremendously classy yet completely versatile. A smooth gem to spray liberally and smell gorgeous anytime, anywhere. This is how perfumes should be made, it exudes skills, confidence, quality, and wearability. Maybe not “creativity”, and to this extent I agree with Luca Turin review stating it’s not exactly an “inspiring” scent, but who cares! This is the quintessence of a classy, outstanding quality workhorse. A perfect signature, as I wrote above. All in all, in a world with so many people paying the same money for pathetic garbage (I’m looking at you, niche), Sensi is probably still worthy the collectors’ prices (well, the lower ones).

8-8,5/10

Rubyred
Should have tried another bottle?
My experience of Sensi was the same as MissK's first try - it was so disgusting I immediately threw it in the bin. I didn't realise, then, it might have been off. Maybe I should have tried another bottle.

Should have never been discontinued
The first time I tested Sensi I got an awful shock because what I got was an acidic, oily, putrid smelling concoction on my wrist. However after scrubbing it off vigorously in the ladies room, I tried another tester bottle and much to my relief, this tester bottle was not off.

The real Sensi, while still fresh, is delightfully elegant, slightly powdery and clean smelling. The scent is heavy enough to be worn in the colder months, however if applied with a light hand, Sensi could be worn well in Spring.

This perfume is simply lovely. Although not very unique, I like Sensi's simplistic scent. However I will point out that for all the unique and interesting notes listed, the overall product does slightly disappoint. I was expecting Sensi to smell unlike anything I'd ever tried before.

I do however get the jasmine, almond and vanilla notes which together make a delightful mixture. Like all Armani scents, this fragrance is certainly sophisticated and elegant. I can see this scent suiting almost every occasion, whether it be casual or formal.

I recommend Sensi to lovers of creamy, powdery and classic scents like Allure by Chanel and D&G by Dolce & Gabbana, to name a few.

by Zora
by Delidazo87
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani