2013Eau de Parfum

Sì (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani
Bottle Design Giorgio Armani
Sì (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Blackcurrant liqueur, Sicilian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesMay rose absolute, Neroli absolute, Egyptian jasmine absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Blond woods, Orcanox, Patchouli, Vanilla absolute

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is the Australian actress Cate Blanchett, photographed by Tom Munro.

It's a "no" from me--
Purely from the description of the fragrance, "Sì" sounds like a fragrance that I should like. The emphasis here is on "should". Elegant, feminine, warm, sweet, subtly powdery - it fits like a glove.
If only it weren't for the blackcurrant liqueur...

Today I threw myself over my sample collection again. A sample of "Sì" fell into my hands. Well, I was already aware that I was never a great friend of this fragrance, but a Sunday, when you are just sitting in the garden anyway, is a wonderful time to test it again. The first impression after 2 sprays on the clothes : There it is again, the "currant liqueur". In this case, the name does not even seem like an attempt to make "currant" sound more noble, no - it really smells like a sugary currant liqueur. Sweet, fruity, sour. It is accompanied by a vanilla sweetness. I gotta be honest. The top note is my biggest problem. This heavy sweetness coupled with the sour fruitiness. I try to maintain my class, but I have to be honest - this sourness reminds me discreetly of vomit, especially in such heavy scents.

With time, the rose comes to the fore a little more. Candied, a bit pompous. Rounded off by the vanilla. Not bad in itself, but the currant liqueur never quite disappears. The fruity and sour note remains throughout the fragrance.

The durability is good. Also the Sillage. 2 sprays with a small sample spray head and the scent always rises into my nose. There is nothing to complain about - it also lasts 6/7 hours without any problems. Also the bottle is good looking. The scent is just not mine. I like fruity scents much better when they are pronounced summer scents. Airy, light and fresh. I also like exotic scents with coconut-fruit components. This sweet-sour and slightly pungent currant note paired with the sweetness and heaviness is simply not my cup of tea. I don't find "Sì" horrible, although the top note is on the verge of nausea for me, but not yet.

Tastes are just different
We're not a good match.
You should never order a fragrance blind, and if you like the description and the composition so much you never know?! But who hasn't done this before? So also I once again after a long time . So I said sí and waited for my order. After 2 days it was finally so far, I have hoped so that I will not be disappointed. I sprayed it on and had to sneeze shortly afterwards... and once again... and again ... this scent worked really stinging for my nose and unfortunately also long lasting. What about la vie est belle with Givenchy l'interdit has only fresher and more pungent, I don't know how I should say that because even my eyes burned from the scent. I just can't stand it,which doesn't bother me that it's not mine either. He smells classic but in the sense of today's classic...pudirg,fresh,flowery,strong,warm.for me he also has something intrusive,is not a fragrance with which you do not notice you smell him and that not too little
Smellycat
Sì - for me unfortunately a no
at a friend I smelled the scent first and admired The Vanilla! And the great black currant. Hmm, yammi.
Today I tested it on myself and my skin chemistry is against it: no berry, no vanilla, but a copy of Bruno Banani for her. :(
Sad!
1.5
CocoIsland
Si or rather a determined No
There's a little girl at the fair. On this special occasion the parents spoil it to their heart's content. It squeezes a whole pack of raspberry jellies, followed by cotton candy and finally a bar of milk chocolate. Afterwards it turns merrily a round on the old carousel. A fatal mistake, as it turns out quickly. The girl can just climb down from the little horse, and already she gets rid of the previously eaten delicacies on the meadow.
You can smell this scent practically everywhere at the moment and it is really an imposition for the nose. It smells like a terribly penetrating berry explosion to which a hint of chocolate and something undefined acid has been added. I can't understand how so many people seem to dig this scent. If someone in the bus sits near me wearing this perfume, I have to sit in another place, because it makes me sick within a few seconds and severe headaches occur
Si-For me wonderful
"Si" is one of my favorite fragrances! I just love sweet and intense fragrances that last forever! He was recommended to me by my girlfriend, who often has the same taste in this respect. When I then had the opportunity to test it in the store, I had to spray myself immediately, of course, to think: "Ok, my fragrance is probably not this!
A while had passed when I noticed the scent again at home and now just had to smell my wrist again and again. So it went on for the rest of the evening and of course I ordered a bottle directly. Since then, "Si" is for me no longer to think away and I use the fragrance again and again in between. Rather on special occasions, when you just get dressed up, but also simply for shopping when I feel like "something more". For me the fragrance is warm, intense, sweet and also other people often perceive it positively. For me it is a fragrance for chic and self-confident women, who might also like to attract a little attention. I know I didn't really go into the individual notes, but I personally find it difficult to make them fixed here. The opening begins rather sourly with me, but quickly the great, sweet fragrance develops, which I like so much and which lasts forever. For me a clear "Si" to this great perfume!
Yes... within limits
My daughter had me test the scent. Not that I want to smell like her. But we have a similar taste in fragrances. I always wanted to try them and so I took the opportunity. With me the beginning already times with Mandarine, Neroli and Bergamotte very promising. Blackcurrants were not easy to sniff. All in all very nice. Then Mairose and Jasmin were added and yes, I liked that with the citric beginning. The finish then woody with musk and patchouli and vanilla and that was with the flower scents for me a little too much of a good thing. Not bad, but for me a bit too loud and bulky. The fragrance is not obtrusive, only occupies a lot of space and is also pungent. The durability very long . The bottle and noble / simple. For the dark season a very beautiful and noble scent, but not really for me

MasterLi
A current, musky fruity-floral...

So, I can see the appeal of this one, in the sense that a lot of younger women would like it (and I actually do know someone in their 20's who wears this). I find that this is the type of perfume that embodies the designer market right now. It's a patchouli-fruity-floral musky scent. Generally speaking, the Si line by Giorgio Armani is probably (to my nose) close to a fruity floral version of the Coco Mademoiselle line by Chanel. I sense some similarities in terms of the warm, powdery vibe but Si tends to depart in the more current, fruity direction. I do get the cassis (which has a blackcurrant like vibe) and also the musky vanillic notes, with the freesia adding to the florals along with the rose (and possibly a faint hint of jasmine or hedione molecule). I also think this might have cashmeran (and I think the ambroxan).

Overall, it's not a bad fragrance by any means. it is good in terms of projection and performance. For me though, I prefer the Si Intense version, which I find is a more grown-up and improved version of this one. I would happily recommend that one as a more versatile and universal choice, whereas I see this as working more for a younger and more current audience out there.
Duftsucht
Jasmine Panna Cotta on a mirror of fresh berries..
There is a recipe for this perfume, which should be prepared in every well-equipped kitchen: You take freshly rubbed black currant (for our neighbours, in whose country I have lived happily for 10 years: black currant), no, of course NOT frozen, but fresh from the bush. Add some sugar (a little vanilla can never hurt), pour alcohol over it and let it stand for a few days. Making vanilla ice cream - homemade of course, and: what a question with real vanilla beans - and not just one! The chef also recommends vanilla essence in addition. For the sauce, bring pure cream to the boil with a little vanilla (three to four pods are enough) and brown sugar, then add ten handfuls of freshly picked jasmine and leave to stand for a few hours.
To arrange on the plate, generously spread a berry mirror of freshly pureed black currants on the plate. Pour over half a cup of the homemade blackcurrant liqueur. Place the vanilla-jasmine Panna Cotta lovingly in the middle. Garnish with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream and a generous amount of vanilla whipped cream. Oh, I almost forgot: Perfume the cream with a hint of tangerine and bergamot. Et voilà: Armani Sì!
I confess: I am normally an enemy of sweet smells, but Armani Sì I like because of this concise black currant. This cushions the vanilla and jasmine sweetness a bit and the fragrance seems more cheeky somehow. You shouldn't be put off by the first ten minutes - it's already pretty intense then!

One of my favorites
Sweet seduction in a bottle, a heavenly scent, and the best perfume I have purchased since I bought Insolence. I like Si so much, it is a tie with Insolence and Dolce and Gabbana Femme, which belong into my list of my 5 favorites. Actually, I think I like Si slightly better than Dolce and Gabbana Femme. So off we bump this beauty and make room for Si. Don't cry Femme, in my heart you still belong to the top 5, I swear!

Daisyvision
Soft, fresh and feminine.
A wonderfully warm and sweet take on patchouli. I'm definitely getting some delicious black currant here. Perfect for a signature scent, but lacks the boldness of an evening scent. It really is quite beautiful.

PolarrfoxPolarrfox 13 months ago
Soft, floral fragnance. Mainly for ladies who dont like intensive or sweet perfumes. It remins me in some ways Nomade by Chloe.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Rich and minimal at the same time, sophisticated and charming, it's the scent for modern women of all ages.
Well done, Giorgio!

by Zelena
by Zelena
Ich wünsche Euch eine schöne Osterzeit!!:-))
by LaVioletta
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
Das Bild zur Reim-Challenge (gibt's keine Stelle bis zum Kragen, musst du's auf dem Kopfe tragen:)
by Fresh21
by Vawallpa
by Guerlinde
by Guerlinde

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani