Sun di Gioia 2016

Sun di Gioia by Giorgio Armani
Sun di Gioia is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 2016. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Freesia, Marine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrangipani, Jasmine sambac absolute, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrox, Iris, Coconut milk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Hungarian model Barbara Palvin.

Sun cream di Gioia
Short and sweet:

How and why Sun di Gioia?

Well, yeah. I don't know what's wrong with me this summer, but I'm haunted by an irrepressible longing for coconut.
Waaas coconut, biste nice a bissi too old for that? Joa! I don't know why. The young years where I stood on coconut in body lotion's and deodorant etc. are long gone... I only drink pina colada when I'm out in the evening. Is something going wrong? Continue with the text.

I don't like the "normal" Aqua di Gioia. Too tangy-aquatic for me. I came across the popular Virgin Island Water from Creed, which I had been searching for scents with coconut. Hmm, supposed to smell like pina colada. That must be it! But no, just the lime note sticks out too much. So the search went on. There's Replica Beach Walk. Unfortunately I couldn't find it anywhere and it was too expensive for me to buy it blind.

Sun di Gioia was listed here as his fragrance twin. So go to the shops and look for him. Nowhere to be found. Funny?! It doesn't say here that it's no longer being produced. Well, it's not that expensive. 30ml ordered, will not go wrong...

Well, what can I say? No trace of coconut. Or coconut milk from me. Only if I'm imagining it.

Sun di Gioia smells like sunscreen. Begins tangy with a freshly sliced bergamot. The maritime notes are reminiscent of a cheerful, relaxed day at the seaside where you take out your expensive sun milk and "smear" yourself with it.

I don't like the heart note at all, I would have liked to have washed off the scent, because it really only smells like sun milk. Acidic-creamy and applied like a really greasy layer... Ew...

I like the base better then. Takes about three-quarters of an hour to appear. Although the sun cream note remains, it loses its acidity and becomes warmer, more flowery and sweeter with the Ambrox. Now one could think to smell the coconut milk, but if at all only discreetly. From then on, I really like Sun. Only by then, he's almost gone. H&S are not the bringer. After half an hour it gets very close and disappears completely, even after about 4 hours :(

Well, I guess it wasn't a direct hit with him, but Armani and I will never be best friends!

Sweet & Creamy Caramel Dessert
Sticky, gooey caramel topping on creamy vanilla ice cream cum biscuity banoffee pie.

This lingered in my room hours after I'd been there and my friend asked if I'd been wearing Prada Candy. They are certainly similar.
I find Prada Candy rather "refined" and "sophisticated" (with its violet/rose/iris, tangerine hints and benzoin overload) while I find Sun di Gioia quite "playful" and "fun", not to mention stronger, sweeter, and boasting a touch more sillage than Candy.

I do not smell frangipani in this. I was disappointed by this fact at first, but I love this caramel and ice cream, biscuity cheesecake combo so much that I no longer mind.

There is a fresh floral scent lurking beneath, which shows through more as this wears on. I enjoy it, though I can't see it as frangipani; I would say it leans more toward ylang and iris.

My main qualm with this scent is that it only seems to last for around three hours on me.
(EDIT - OK, having given this a fair chance to shine, I found that this can last all day, i.e an average eau de parfum amount of time: I wore it from 12-6 and it was still there, albiet delicately so and with only very little projection. I could still smell it. What surprised me at this point was that I could smell the frangipani! On my skin it is in the base! Ah...! Yes, still smells lovely after six hours.)

I love this scent.

I personally believe this would sit nicely in the collection of those who're fans of Prada Candy, Alien Essence Absolue, and/or Lolita Lempicka's Elle L'aime.

The bottle and ad campaign are strangely similar to the bottle and ad campaign for DUNE by Dior, though they smell absolutely nothing alike, both invoke reminiscence of bygone Summer days.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A quite pale sun. No "fire" inside. Anyway, feminine and flowery with a creamy touch. A daily scent for the mid-hot season. Average sillage.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by BeGantle
~Enttäuscht vom Affen, schuf Gott den Menschen. Danach verzichtete er auf weitere Experimente~Mark Twain*****herzlichen Dank, für eure Auszeichnungen-ich freue mich!*****
by Sunshine00
by InkiBlinki
by Savanoja
by Savanoja

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani