Acqua di Giò Profondo (2020)

Acqua di Giò Profondo by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profondo is a new perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2020. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Brazilian green mandarin, Aquozone
Heart Notes Heart NotesRosemary, Lavender, Cypress, Mastic absolute
Base Notes Base NotesMineral amber, Guatemala patchouly, Musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.03.2020.

8.0 3.0 4.0 5.0/10

Deucemiky
The increase in liquid...
To come straight to the point: the increase of liquid is superfluous. That's how it went through my head when I sniffed Profondo (at this point I want to thank Scorpio for the bottling).
I have worn Acqua Di Gio pour Homme and säter Essenza for many years. All year round and exclusively. Well, I was young and knew nothing of the parallel universe of perfume enthusiasts here.
Every time a new flanker came on the market, I tested it and hoped to find some of the joy from the past. But it actually became more and more disappointing from flanker to flanker.

Now for the profondo.
A renewed attempt to approach the glorious times of the AdGPH.
The test on the paper strip was already a pleasant experience. At least in the first few seconds. The smell is fresh and almost clean or a little bit soapy. Well, and then I waited for something to develop towards Profumo. Since I thought the two were related to each other. No way.
The cirtual prelude fades and a slightly soapy herbal aroma- light remains on the paper strip.
Full of doubt and amazement I sprayed it on the skin to see what happens there.
Here it is a completely different fragrance experience.
Actually, the circus prelude does not take place on my skin at all. It's only seconds and then it jumps "like a quay out of the box" without a trace directly into a shallow Saubermann chocolate scent. A Profumo light, with a little fantasy, so to speak. This shower gel-like chocolate scent then stays for about 1 hour. Afterwards it darkens a little and loses the Saubermann image, but does not change for the next 3 hours. Until it disappears silently. It only produces a minimal silage in the first half hour. After that you have to press your nose directly on the skin to see him. Little tip: notice the spot, otherwise it will be difficult
All in all a disappointing air act that nothing really does well. It can't be fresh, it can't be aquatic, it can't be aromatic, it has no stamina and for me it is therefore the increase of liquid...
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

The Profumo's little brother
A visit to the perfume department of the duty free at an airport is now obligatory for me. And so I was actually surprised by the sight of the new Aqua di Gio Profondo on the shelves, which I had not even expected to see on sale. So, of course, straight there, spray first on the test strip, then on the wrist. Anyway, on my skin, scents can differ noticeably and even be a disappointment compared to the test strip on the skin...

Well, the first thought when spraying the Profondo - finally another successful release! I am not a fan of aquatic scents but I had hoped for something from this one and I was quite taken with it. Compared to the Profumo, it appears cooler and fresher at first, but nevertheless the green-spicy Profumo DNA can be perceived through the bench away. What is striking, however, is that in addition to the freshness at the beginning, something slightly sweet also appears. I first had to think about what it is comparable to - definitely Invictus, but for me personally even more so Rasasi Hawas, the latter is in my own Rega! But the Profondo sweetness is not at all obtrusively sweet but always discreetly accompanying. This sweetness lasted about an hour with me, the drydown is then similar to the Profumo for confusion. Hence the younger brother, same base but a bit more playful. Durability and Sillage leave unfortunately to be desired, with me the smell becomes very fast a "Skin-Scent".

I can well imagine that younger customers find it quite good, if the Profumo seems too grown up to them but they don't want a too sweet scent. I would wear the new Profondo more for a casual occasion or leisure time, but the Profumo looks more elegant.

I personally prefer the Profumo but I think Alberto Morillas has created a good release here. So thumbs up for that

Dovlicaaa 34 days ago
A bit more aquatic than Profumo, with no incense and the sharpness that Profumo has. Def not bottle worthy. I prefer Profumo over this one.
HugoMontez 49 days ago
This is a little more aromatic than the previous ones. Lavender, rosemary, aquatic notes and some bergamot. It's nice.

by JohnFante
by JohnFante

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Code / Black Code (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani