Armani Code 2021 Eau de Parfum

Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani
Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Giorgio Armani for men and was released in 2021. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute
CedarwoodCedarwood
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by MuffinXS, last update on 04.08.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Ryan Reynolds.

The "feel-good code
Back when the first Armani Code came out, that was one of the fragrances that had a DNA that was distinctive and wonderful to me.
When you smelled that DNA, you immediately knew it was Armani Code.
Worn and loved by many men (including me!!!), however, he also had slight weaknesses in the H/S at that time...
But what you got after some time after the release and still gets today was and is a cheek.
A -so it seems to me- reformulated Armani code, which evaporated after about 3h and no one has perceived, not even I as a wearer....
Therefore, it was high time that this great fragrance and this great DNA gets a new edition without any epithets like "Profumo", "Absolu" etc..., because I actually none of these flankers really liked.
Overall, I just wanted my old Armani Code back, which I now even got improved! *__*
The whole thing I would like to explain to you here now and try to describe the fragrance:

It starts with a nice combination of tangerine and lemon. The bergamot I do not perceive. Directly to this comes a certain "freshness" or "cleanliness", which clearly includes the heart note of lavender and rosemary and harmonizes ingeniously.
Subsequently, the whole thing goes into the base note and becomes - unlike the original code - deeper, more adult and very sensual!
Here the tonka bean and vanilla play the main role in the ideally matched ratio and give the fragrance a serious and deep existence.
What I love about this "new old" code is that it sticks to the primal DNA and from top to base all the individual notes are ALWAYS present, but let the other notes take precedence when it's their "turn". I have not had that with other fragrances so far so.
For me, the Armani Code Eau de Parfum smells already at the beginning as he smells at the end, but with the above-described perfect coordination of the individual fragrance notes.
In addition, there is a great durability with me of 8-10h, depending on the dosage.
The whole has a pleasant but clearly perceptible sillage.
Except in the summer you can wear the I find always. He always comes on well, you are clearly perceived and he just always fits. (whether in the office, meeting, wedding, clubbing,...)

The "new old" Armani Code is back, but with more power, sensuality, endurance and seriousness!
I wish for something like this more often when switching from EdT to EdP or Parfum, as these are often completely different fragrances and have little to nothing to do with the original DNA and are worse in H/S to boot...

So men's world: the "code to feel good" is back!!!

ErhanSaceros
Trend reversal: is a new way of doing things emerging?
My expectations of new scents/concentrations of existing classics were not met here. And that's in a positive sense. I do not know why, but with the increase of Eau de Toilette on Eau de Parfum, I expected here a more intense, denser code. Fortunately, this is so but not arrived.

The Eau de Parfum has a much stronger sillage and better durability. But here I want to clarify again that a strong sillage has nothing to do with intensity. The sillage here is indeed far-reaching, but in no way thick / oppressive, sultry or just intense. I like that!

I noticed something similar with Le Male Le Parfum and admired this way of doing it. That after all the EU ban madness and cheap manufacturing cost mentality of the designers, a fragrance lands on the shelves that is strong enough, I have honestly not expected.

I draw the conclusion that new ingredients or ways of making them are now being accessed. Also, this fragrance may also be a sign that sweet men's fragrances will have a more balanced, darker, sweet composition in the years to come.

Code EdP begins freshly fruity with a slightly herbaceous spiciness and the lightly woody, typically olive-floral-laced Code sweetness. After an hour, the scent seems much smoother and the fresh-fruity top note is gone. What I find funny is that after three hours, this very fragrance, has a Le Male Le Parfum twist in the sillage. On the skin, however, the typical Code DNA remains. In the base, you can not deny a slightly hidden, synthetic note.

In the past, one would probably have found this fragrance very sweet, but compared to today's fragrances, the sweetness in this fragrance is (er-)tragbar. Yes, seems sugary-dark-spicy; also elegant, attractive and ripe; but at least not saturating, sultry or too sticky.

You really shouldn't expect a 1:1 picture of the regular Code with better performance here, though. There are so some differences to perceive, even if they are not large enough to change the code.
N471v3
Who would have thought, this tastes like cold fish.
No, not the perfume....! Where do you think you're going?? That would be terrible!

So to explain my headline:
A few years ago, was considering what we eat for lunch at work. A colleague of mine did not know the Japanese specialty "Sushi" yet, and since most of us are very addicted to Chinese food,- we simply ordered some.

He also agreed to try it after our praises, which I credit to him!
Because he is what food concerns, rather classically inclined, not to say classically Austrian. Say, it is best with the food around meat with a Zuspeise, Schnitzel, goulash, etc... or otherwise it is at least a sausage or Käsleberkässemmel! I think you understand what I mean. ;)

A "short" hour later came the food order, greedily we opened the transparent sushi boxes, and made us in practiced manner about the well-deserved lunch strength.

He however, looked at it skeptically and hesitantly at what was revealed to him, and then very slowly and tentatively tasted it.

He ate his first salmon sushi, gleefully, and deliberately.

And then, after a brief pensive look, suddenly came his rather sarcastic comment, which I will never forget:

"Who would have thought, this tastes like cold fish."

:'D

As a sushi lover, I dare say sushi is more than the sum of its parts.... but to each his own! :D

I hope you enjoyed my little ramble, and think you may now be wondering what it has to do with this perfume.

I feel the same way about "Armani Code Eau de Parfum" as he does about the fish:

From memory, I would have said it smells very similar to the regular Armani Code. Only a little stronger. So exactly how you would imagine Armani Code would smell if it were more concentrated, i.e. stronger.

Many people would probably be happy now that their "sweetheart" was only changed in the concentration (Note: Or at least gives this appearance), I however, am rather disappointed.

I do not own a bottle from the Code series, because to me this sweet fragrance DNA is just too smooth, too nice, too nice, too well-behaved, too perfect.

There is "Eau de Nuit" by the same manufacturer, a far more interesting fragrance. And even that I see rather to the formal suit...

Ok, if I sniff now more often on the wrist of my sample, I find even that the higher concentrated version here, by the amplified sweetness almost in Prada's "L'Homme Absolu" dance area reintintintelt.
Only code just lacks that certain something to be interesting in the process, so my taste.

So who would have thought:
This fragrance smells like Armani Code. And very.

For people who pause a rather compact collection, or prefer fragrances that by no means tick anywhere, a good choice.

I personally, however, prefer the certain "edge", which makes some fragrances interesting, and would (random selection..) Paco Rabanne Pure XS, Invictus Victory, Dior Homme (Intense), Valentino Uomo Intense, or pretty much any La Nuit de L'Homme Flanker, or just Prada L'Homme prefer in any case.
In this sense:
Let the sushi taste good, on which I have made all sushi lovers who read this post, probably now appetite. ;)
MatteoH
Foolish who does not try this fragrance
Armani Code, a fragrance from 2004. Often reformed and deteriorated piece by piece. Absolu or Profumo not the hit or the most popular fragrances. But now came a new variant, 2021 THE year of Armani Code eau de parfum.
But is it really that good? The, answer is YES the fragrance is in my opinion absolutely brilliant.

The fragrance:
The first spray in the store and already came to me the thought of the normal EDT with a little more touch of sweetness. Quickly sprayed on the wrist and waited already came the special sweetness and a, I can not say what that is, a mixture with something that absolutely knocks me over. All the fragrances are perfectly integrated into each other. I feel it is like a drug. Absolutely.
I can't stop smelling it. I recently bought the EDT for slightly warmer seasons and this I really really like too. But it's.... Really not nearly as brilliant as the EDP

The H&S are great. A really strong radiance and a really good durability( At least on my skin) The bottle is, as you know it no different from Armani, good. Timeless and signals with the golden cap again it what completely different. Like the crown of the Code series.
The fragrance does not have to please everyone in the world, but do not waste your time and read here forever reviews, but go to a store, test the fragrance. Even if you don't buy it, you must have tested it. I'm in love
Back to the past
That's probably the name of the short film I would make about this scent.

My nose is weiiiiit away from "schooled", but I felt like I went right back 10 or 12 years when I first sprayed this scent on my forearm.

I felt reminded of a more carefree (well, that's not so hard currently) time. I just met my wife and didn't take life as a whole so seriously - Just easy peasy.

Sillage and durability are incredibly good with me - With 4 to 5 sprays I come already well through the workday.

Who is a fan of oldschool code, which makes here absolutely nothing wrong. But also who does not know the fragrance, go for it. You will not be disappointed!
Clipnotic
I actually prefer something harder, but of course only with fragrances! ;-)
After grabbing it again today for my backup bunker, it also deserves a review.

As indicated in the title, I stand in general rather on fragrances that have power, that fill a room and in which everyone who walks past me, may participate for free, you should share and so. There is only one limit with me, it must not sting my own nose.

He does that here already absolutely not, very good! A mega space filler, however, he is also not, but a small in any case!

Since I live near equal to 2 Müller drugstores and run past there every day, I test myself quite a long time regularly by designer fragrances, in the hope of still finding a few treasures even there. And that has become very difficult in the meantime, in the niche area, however, also.

He here, however, is already a small treasure!

Lately was once again Armani turn and there especially the Code series, because I have the vintage original still in good memory, which one reformulated meanwhile however like so much broken. Of the current Code Flanker I also like somehow none, Armani Stronger With You is already quite borderline sweet and reminds me somehow of JPG Ultra Male, which I have replaced by Afnan 9 PM, because the loosely offers the same. Armani Code Absolu then kicks it up a notch and rattles through my nose straight into my brain with its "fruit sweetness", I barely made it through two tests with that one! Then I wanted to test the Code Profumo, but I accidentally took the Acqua di Gio Profumo, which reminds me too much of old men. The Code Colonia wears a good buddy and on him smells the already okay, but also only if you go very close and fragrances without proper performance I also do not test further.

The performance with him here, however, is good!

Thus, Armani was actually closed again, until I then suddenly saw a "new sign" in the Müller, which led me to him here and I had to test him of course immediately. However, I had there already the ingenious Ideal EDP of Guerlain on it, against which also he has here power-wise little chance to prevail.

But quite quiet he was not and I had to sniff him again and again here on my arm!

So I'm the next day again to the miller and have him then times tested quite fresh alone and already the opening with a kind of "sweetness freshness" is super and that remains so a nice while. The sweetness is designed just right that it does not interfere, but still well noticeable there is and also remains! With 2 sprays of mist shower and one on the sweater, you get a fine performance cloud yourself and also the room you spray in. A few hours ago I put it back on and walked decently through the station with FFP2 mask. Over the sprayed sweater I still had a jacket on, yet I could smell him through the mask, so it must be!

Hard and mega striking he is not, but still well present and you can always wear him!

The only thing that I feel, however, somehow with almost all Armani fragrances, is so this "older gentlemen in suit and tie factor", which I somehow have here again. And that actually corresponds to the complete opposite of my type, but he is just good and was therefore worth me twice 100 ml.

Here some other designers should take an example, because here you can see that even in 2021 it is still possible to bring the good old classics well into the present!
The loading effect
Do you know the also - that one of a fragrance in the store is completely taken - but then at home thinks: What has ridden me because there?

So it happened to me with the Code women's fragrance - and on top of that with Code Satin.
In the Parfumerie fire and flame - in the own four walls only smoke and smoke.

Do not want some fragrances " wild " - and love the ambience of the shelves?

I passed both codes on to my Ma - and - potzblitz - they worked well on her.
Perhaps Armanis prefer also tip top maintained master Propper Gefilde?
I can not serve with that.

Therefore, I tried it this time first with a sample of Pour Homme.
That was also good - because the start reminds me of Autan against mosquitoes.
This note evaporates quite soon and Citrisches steps on the plan.
Nice sour - and aquatic through the tangerine.
Lavender calms the fragrance and tonka and vanilla round it off softly.

The brief moment of Autan scratchiness is quickly forgotten - and it remains a pleasing fragrance, which I can also imagine unisex.

Apparently Pour Homme - after initial reluctance - wants to settle in here after all?
I'm still thinking
Micha1984
New interpretation of a classic
Here it is, the new Armani Code Flanker... A golden cap promises visually a lot, just like the name and the concentration. But is it really what you expect from it? Well, if you refer to the last offshoots of the series, which tried to bring a bit of zest into the matter with apple, vanilla and doughy tonka bean, then this one is the opposite. Because with the new code Armani apparently tries to reinterpret the old elegance of the original code. The house has also succeeded relatively well, but who now expects something completely new and innovative, which will probably be disappointed. Don't get me wrong... I do not want to take the wind out of anyone's sails, because the fragrance is really good... But since he just brings nothing that polarizes once again, he is for me certainly a good perfume, which should also certainly inspire many, because he is very easy to like, but in the masses probably ehr will go down. There are simply candidates who do their thing better. For me eg: Prada Luna Rossa Black, Valentino Uomo Intense or Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Le Parfum, just to name a few kids. Nevertheless, I like it, because it strongly reminds of the forefather and comes along with clearly better potency. This was namely after the countless reformulations in the old code a laughing stock ... But enough blathered, we come to the fragrance course...

The new code is as mentioned above, very close to the old original, but seems somewhat more harmonious and refreshed. After a citrusy opening, in which you can perceive the bergamot and the mandarin quite well, join nice warm and slightly creamy nuances, which I associate with the lavender in combination with the tonka bean. Towards the middle, it gets a bit cooler, which is probably due to the rosemary. Leather and vanilla resonate with it and all the way to the base. The drydown is then a rest of tonak, vanilla and a touch of leather. The cedar is not perceptible to my nose in the base.

The longevity has improved significantly and is on the high end at 8h+, with the scent projecting decently especially in the first 3-4h. After that, it flattens out, but is still well present and becomes skin-tight after about 7-8. Fits already, but could be better measured by the concentration and the price.

The flacon is for me a smooth 10, as it just seems noble and timeless. Like actually all at Armani.

Subsequently, it remains to write that Armani has here once again a good fragrance releast, the just "and there I include myself" the lovers of the original code may appeal. This fragrance is a beautiful reinterpretation of the original and is definitely a safe number that should appeal to a wide audience. Buyable...? You betcha. :) Thanks for your time

This one tempted me 2 weeks ago;
and when I came back, I couldn’t say no... they’re really pushing this one hard at Dillard’s, so expect this one to become one you get wafts of regularly...

It’s got a smoky sweetness to it, and it’s quite intoxicating. I personally don’t get much of the citrus in the opening... it’s actually rather quiet on my skin... not much as far as projection and sillage goes... maybe a soft 2ft radius on the projection diameter, and the trail it leaves is rather discrete... longevity wise, it’s a matter of “perspective”... i.e. if you judge by projection/sillage, longevity is maybe 3-4 hours... however, if you count the total time that it’s perceivable on your skin, it’s an easy 10+ hours...

I personally get an almost rubbery feeling, very smoky, very sweet aroma.... imagine the scent you’d get if someone exploded an M80 in a box of really wet, really sticky Tonka beans... that’s how it hits me... an almost “gunpowder smoke mixed with Tonka/vanilla”... I like it, but it’s very hard to describe...

I’m gonna give it a few more tries, and I’ll try to be back with a more “in depth” description... as of now, however... this is the best I can do... apologies

Update 4/9/2021:
After giving it a few more tries, I’ve noticed that the longevity I personally get is maxing out at about 6 hours or so, and the projection/sillage is a much softer, closer bubble than I originally perceived as well. I still think it’s a great scent; it’s just not a big performer.

The vibe I get from it is a watered down, less sweet, and slightly smokey feeling version of its older brother named Parfumo.
This release was overdue
Even if I'm the first commentator on this fragrance, you can see a clear trend to this fragrance: Grandiose reviews and also exclusively positive statements. I'm sure the comments will be significantly more and also the have I list will rise significantly. With this fragrance Armani could have succeeded in the very big throw.
My desire for any stinknormal flanker of known fragrances is no longer very high. You rarely get new and much is just a bit of gimmick. With this one, however, it was clear to me: I must have it! When I found it at Parfumo under new introductions, it immediately went on my wish list. An Eau de Parfum from Code? 2021 is long overdue. In my early 20s, Code was THE fragrance for me. Spray on - feel good. Without being too much of a turn-on, but still with a lot of sex appeal and a high cuddle factor. For me, always a special fragrance with which I associate a lot and one of my first great fragrance loves.
The Code range is already huge. Many great flankers are there, however, many are independent and have not quite so much to do with this beautiful original. The Profumo is already a very powerful performance beast. Also many others. The A-List was still very successful, where you could say that this one goes very much in the direction of the original. An option, since the Orginal now seems extremely reformulated to me.

According to the statements it has similarities to the Code and the Code Ultimate. Unfortunately I couldn't get to know the Ultimate, but the similarity to the original is undisputed. Fortunately. Have hoped for a fragrance that comes close to this beautiful original, but with decent performance. That's what you get here. It's not the exact code as you know it, but I'd say at least 70-80% similarity is there. It also reminds me a tad of Profumo and Absolu, but much milder in execution. You get a nice warm scent for mild to cold temperatures that are much more suitable for everyday use than many of the other flankers. The scent is well balanced with lots of sweetness, creamy due to tonka. There is also a mild spice that is easy to detect here. Roughly speaking, you get a modern code, which is never too overbearing. Who expects something revolutionary is of course wrong here. This fragrance is rather for the fan community of the code, which is not small. Definitely has bestseller potential.
The performance is super in contrast to the weakening Code. Here you get a great companion, which never applies too thick, but is always well noticeable and lasts around 10 hours. Top, and for me who also likes to wear sweetish fragrances in everyday life a great everyday fragrance. Also for the evening a great choice. For the big wow and the special moments in life but too ordinary in style. As a feel-good fragrance but a fragrance that I will gladly wear.

The high ratings will certainly still go down, because for now rather the Code fans have tested this fragrance. Nevertheless, especially thanks to great performance for me the best Code. Fans of the original should definitely have this on the radar.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
First few minutes, the scent is clean, citrusy, with a smooth lavender. Then an almondy tonka blends with the lavender and a dry vanilla.
KimJongKimJong 6 months ago
I love it. Still good refreshing spice. More fluffy and powdery texture than EDT. It's also sweeter than EDT, but in a very elegant way.

by AirTiger
by AirTiger

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani