My Way by Giorgio Armani
Bottle Design Giorgio Armani
My Way is a new perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Egyptian orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian tuberose, Jasminum auriculatum
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar, Madagascan vanilla, White musk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 30.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is American actress and model Adria Arjona.

In an emotional frenzy
I've fallen in love again! Already on the test strip he tied me up and took me for himself. This fruitiness with a floral center is just wow... To be honest, in retrospect, I'm surprised, because from the pyramid alone, I wouldn't have tested it, because I had my problems with orange blossom, but it had to be, because I had already learned to love some Armani fragrances. For me the scent smells very fruity, also somewhere like a noble fruit shampoo. but that is something I like with fragrances. Nevertheless, I wonder where this tropical fruitiness comes from, because I can't reconcile my perception with the pyramid of scents. Now, after about an hour, the fruitiness has disappeared and has remained tuberose dipped in fruit syrup with some jasmine. I have never smelled pure tuberose before, but I know the connection between it and jasmine.
For me it is a more noble fragrance for very, very young women, or those who are still stuck in their hearts in their 20s.
Chantyla
It wasn't mine in the end.
I liked the top note at the beginning, but the perfume in my nose didn't develop well. It only caused me headaches even at low dosage. Smells too sweet for me, somehow extremely "strawberry" although I am actually a fan of sweetish perfume. I'm sure this scent is suitable for some people, but unfortunately I have passed it on
Lively companion
When I discovered My Way on the shelf, I involuntarily thought of A way for her by Trussardi, with whom I get along well.

In a positive mood I tried the way of Armani - because many ways lead to Rome.

Cheerfully and cheerfully bergamot and orange blossom greet me - I think it's really going to bella Italia.
Tuberose and jasmine join in - not too intensive but with a lively step.
You're giving me a tail wind.
Then a peppermint chewing gum note appears - which does not disturb the fragrance, but refreshes it.
The sweet vanilla invites you to stroll - and woody notes provide a bench on which you like to rest.

I am willing to like this lively companion - but as I walk on he runs out of breath and leaves me with a bitter taste.
This is where we part ways.

Then rather A way for her - who keeps his good mood until the end of the way.

Ignorabilis
A generic happy, juicy floral scent!
When I first saw the add for My Way, I was instantly so interested in trying this fragrance! I think it was mainly because the bottle looks so similar to those of the Private Collection so I was already preparing for it to be a rather complex outstanding fragrance (spoiler: it is not). I was lucky to receive a sample of this so I could already try this for a few days now.

When I first sprayed it, I smelled a bergamot that was so juicy, fruity and bright that I actually got some Escada vibes. The bergamot stays even until the final dry down as a nice note in the background.
In the dry down I get a lot of jasmine and a hint of orange blossom, almost no tuberose though. I didn't smell any woodsy notes or vanilla.
All in all I was a bit disappointed regarding the scent because I feel like I have smelled something like this a thousand times before. Honestly I'd love this as a shower gel but not as a perfume.

It is very youthful and fruity. Very likeable and well balanced
… and also nothing special.

But I actually love the concept of this fragrance as it claims that they use only sustainable ingredients to make it – and also it comes in a refillable bottle! So I think it was very smart to make this such an easy-to-like scent.

This would be perfect as a gift!
Especially for someone who's not a fragrance enthusiast but just likes fruity floral nice fragrances this could be a safe blind buy :)
GirlofNow
It's not a pleasant smell either...
I ordered the Angel Muse last week as a reward, as a little reward to myself as I somehow survived my 5th operation well:)))))) Together with the order I received a small sample of this new fragrance which immediately aroused my interest :) Let's put it this way, not the bottle was in my interest but the scents sounded sooo fine:))))) But unfortunately as so often one is disappointed but good for my wallet:DDDD Since not only I was interested in this scent but also my mother and my grandfather had tested it together:D.... And to my surprise the opinions were very different...
But let's start with the description of the scent first...) I will describe the scent description on my mother's skin and on my skin... My grandfather has simply sniffed with me and of course I will add his opinion as always;))

The scent on my mother's skin...

With her the fragrance started very pleasantly citric, let's say so, the top note reminded me a bit of LVEB eclat edp but only very discreetly... The top note was dominating the whole fragrance process, but my mother didn't mind, she thought it was a little change for her. Jasmine was very fresh and tender to my astonishment... It was neither sweet nor intensive, I think it was the orange blossom which developed a bitter note on her skin over time. But still the scent remained very soft and pleasant, you could smell the jasmine note clearly but not as penetrating as Alien! After two hours the jasmine note was no longer really noticeable... My mother but also my grandfather said they could smell a certain powdery musk note which I again did not smell... I smelled much more a light but not really sweet vanilla note that I would almost call a bit dusty... If you understand what I mean:DDD
After four hours the scent was unfortunately no longer detectable on her...
So now comes the scent on my skin:D
The smell on my skin;))))

With me the smell process actually began exactly the same as with my mother:)) Only that the smell is very intense with me... For whatever reason... Also with me the citric notes dominated very strongly, must also admit there, I love it since a time when the orange blossom note in fragrance processes with dominates because it gives the fragrance a certain note:)))) So the citrus notes didn't bother me so much as what came next... The jasmine note was immediately smellable after 10 minutes! Unfortunately not pleasant!
Much more penetrating and scratchy...:((( I can hardly describe the jasmine note... But what shocked me the most was that you could smell a hairspray note on me.
Also my grandfather can confirm it, he said that you can smell a funny hairspray note... I had to think of Si passione as this fragrance had also developed a strange hairspray note on my skin... Unfortunately the hairspray note remained present the whole time! I couldn't smell any vanilla note or anything:((( My Way was on my skin for 8 hours and after that it got lighter and lighter until you could only smell it when someone sat next to me or hugged me... But then I was glad that this smell was no longer smellable!
Now I will summarize the opinions of my mother, my grandfather and mine...

The opinion of my mother:
She liked the smell very much. She thought it was a beautiful everyday companion for her, but also a beautiful feminine fragrance. She could imagine to wear this scent because it makes her feel good:)))))...

The opinion of my grandfather:
To him, a boring fragrance without character... In his opinion, it could be a drugstore smell... Smells pleasantly (means the course of my mother) but not more.

My opinion:
Actually, my grandfather said exactly what I wanted to say... But he's not only good and bad, he didn't just knock me off my feet I would have expected much more! Especially since neither I nor my mother nor my grandfather could smell a tuberose note! Jasmine was clearly the note that dominated together with citrus notes! But the bottle is beautiful:))
5.5
Monikap
Unfortunately a big disappointment!
I was so excited to test this fragrance with the wonderful bottle! It almost became a blind buy candidate too, luckily I got a sample at my last purchase directly from Armani's official website.
So to the fragrance: nice and flowery, nice start, but quickly develops into one of the fragrances I already own. I didn't have to think about it for a long time, it smells to me just like the Gabrielle Essence. And as I see, it has almost the same scents. Sillage as moderate to weak. Unfortunately, he's coming off my WL now. Bummer! It could have been so beautiful! :(
What is actually going on with the new fragrances coming onto the market these days? :(
Then I better get backups of my old favorites!

IgnorabilisIgnorabilis 72 days ago
A generic happy, fruity floral scent! Perfect as a gift!

Popular Giorgio Armani

Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Noir by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Iris Céladon by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Eccentrico by Giorgio Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Fumé by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Acqua di Giò pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani