Ocean di Gioia 2020

Ocean di Gioia by Giorgio Armani
7.6 / 10 100 Ratings
Ocean di Gioia is a popular perfume by Giorgio Armani for women and was released in 2020. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes PearPear Citrus fruitsCitrus fruits Green notesGreen notes
Heart Notes Heart Notes Water jasmineWater jasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley RoseRose Marine notesMarine notes
Base Notes Base Notes SandalwoodSandalwood MuskMusk

Perfumers

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 05.02.2023.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

SiVicsLady98
Beautiful aquatic pear scent in the island heat!
It was lunch time and I was on my way to a cafeteria when I thought it was gone or had turned into a skin scent. Just then, a breeze came from behind me and I had a huge blast of this refreshing scent that stopped me in my tracks. It was as if I over-sprayed a column of air and stepped in it just in time to catch all the falling mists. I had a few coworkers say how nice it smelled when I walked into a room. I find this fragrance to stay the same throughout its life, on my skin— I can still detect it 12+ hours when I get home and in the shower. I can agree how others described it to smell like a person coming up from underwater (beach) with freshly shampooed hair.
Less helpful Review 3
More like fresh laundry.
Oceanic it doesn't smell to me, I would have thought the scent would be salty. What I smell is a hint of green pear + freshly washed laundry. A really nice scent, suitable for everyday use, not overbearing or offensive to the nose. Durability and sillage are unfortunately poor, but that's kind of to be expected with such a clean scent
Helpful Review 4
Misleading name, more like Cozy di Gioia!
I have now tried all di Gioia fragrances and this shares with the ,,Original" the 1st place. At the first sprayer he came to me unexpectedly known, more about this later ;)

The fragrance starts for me in a floral cloud and the typical-fresh di Gioia feeling, especially lily of the valley and jasmine strike, rose I do not smell out. The pear is more creamy than fruity, but noticeable. After a few moments, it all adds up to a very pleasant and restrained ,,clean" scent. With me, no toilet stone / air freshener scent develops, which I take rather as tart and penetrating was, Ocean is restrained and shy.

What Armani was thinking with the fragrance name is beyond me. If I had to name the fragrance it would have become something like Cloud or Cozy di Gioia :D The fragrance is soft and floral rather than maritime and fresh, I expected something more tart and thunderous with the name.

The durability is okay, the sillage perceptible but not intrusive. An absolute office -and everyday fragrance. If I do not know in the morning what I'm after, the handle automatically goes to one of the di Gioia fragrances, which always go :) Ocean is also a nice companion for Sundays, snuggled up on the couch. For the pub or to go out to eat, he would not be sexy enough for me.
The bottle is beautiful and kept simple as usual.

Now let's move on to the similarity with one of my other perfumes, which struck me immediately.
Givenchy Irresistible smells very very similar, but is rosier in the drydown and overall fruitier than Ocean di Gioia. A look at both fragrance pyramids confirms my nose. I have kept Ocean anyway because I like rose scent, but not every day and Ocean is simply something "more neutral" :)
Very helpful Review 12
The more beautiful Acqua di Gioia
As you know, I love the first fragrance in the di Gioia series. But when I got the Ocean di Gioia in front of my nose, I had a new favourite scent, I'm just a mainstreamer. But I really have problems to sniff the scent pyramid. The start is very fresh with light fruit, but for me the pear only flashes through with a lot of fantasy. In the heart note you have a pleasant floral freshness, the maritime notes then make up the Aquaten. The end is then actually woody with a sweet note. The fragrance lasts the whole day with me, very unusual for an Aquaten. I feel well scented with it without worrying about spraying, which I do not like to do to my surroundings. For me a very nice addition to my collection

2 short views on the fragrance
GeorgeReidGeorgeReid 5 months ago
Loved this smell on my close friend. However, this is not a must-have if you already have an great aquatic in your repertoire.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A mainstream aquatic scent very similar to its other less expensive "brothers". Light and refereshing, blue, but nothing special.Nice bottle

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profumo (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani (Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Sable Or by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Oud Royal by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Cuir Majesté by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Armani (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Intensely by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Absolutely by Giorgio Armani Armani Code (Eau de Parfum) by Giorgio Armani Sensi by Giorgio Armani Emporio Armani - Stronger With You Oud by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Satin by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Ambre Orient by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Rose d'Arabie by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Myrrhe Impériale by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Cashmere by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - New York by Giorgio Armani Armani Privé - Bleu Turquoise by Giorgio Armani Armani Code Absolu Gold by Giorgio Armani