Giorgio 1981 Eau de Toilette

Giorgio (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills
7.0 / 10 260 Ratings
Giorgio (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Giorgio Beverly Hills for women and was released in 1981. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Revlon Inc..

Main accords

Floral
Sweet
Spicy
Fruity
Synthetic

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes ApricotApricot BergamotBergamot Orange blossomOrange blossom PeachPeach
Heart Notes Heart Notes GardeniaGardenia JasmineJasmine OrchidOrchid RoseRose TuberoseTuberose Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber OakmossOakmoss ChamomileChamomile MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 12.12.2022.

21 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 21
Once 80s to go
I love that perfume. The perfect summer scent. But beware: This is not a bottle, but a disguised time machine. Spray once (and please really only once)....... Zzzzzzzupp... You sit barefoot in jeans dungarees with only one strap on top and white shirt on a wall and look at the sea. From somewhere Bananarama sing "i'm your Venus, i'm your fire..." Guys in pastel-coloured clothes stand casually by the roadside and you sip your ice-cold coke from a glass bottle. The sun slowly sets and transforms the palm-fringed beach promenade into a golden spectacle of colour. Then you pack the Delial sunscreen in your plastic wicker basket and hurry home because Crocket and Tubbs are waiting for you at home.
No other perfume catapults me through space and time like this. Absolutely good mood scent.
Top Review 18
Wuthering Heights, the living room-sleeping room and many a stormy year...
Exactly 28 years ago today I met my husband. Which was not to be foreseen at all, as we could not "smell" each other at all in the beginning! Although we had the same friends and interests, neither of us could bear it if another sun shone brighter next to us - despite 200 km between us.
At some point we discovered that the other one wasn't so bad after all, and we started a lively pen friendship. So it came as it had to come and we became a couple - and that despite 200 km between us.
The 200 km separated us for 25 years, during which we had to lead a weekend marriage for professional reasons. Since three years we finally live together.
28 eventful years. Cats came and went. Friends came and went. But we always stood together despite many difficulties.
A week ago I tried out a few fragrances at Rossi. Spraying, storming outside, sniffing.
This time Giorgio was there too. Through the mask I could smell the first gush: oh, tasty and wummily! Outside then: What is that? At home then: What is that? The perfume from the corner? It's not bad Oh, it smells like jasmine! JASMINE! JASMINE!
I must say that rarely has a perfume so polarized me. The first smell is great. Then comes something strangely pungent that I can't quite place, only to give way to an absolute fragrance that, in fact, reminds me of the 80s. And the bottle, with its crystal vase shape, is also reminiscent of the 80s. Simply pretty and handy.
What does all this have to do with our 28 years? When I told my husband about this perfume, he couldn't let go and bought it for our anniversary. Because it smells like it used to and takes me back to the time when we were much younger and more carefree, although we lived in a one-room apartment - the living-room-sleeping room - at the beginning and our song was "Wuthering Heights". Because it smells of a time when not everything but many things were beautiful and I remember this time with pleasure. Because even then the fragrances were more opulent. But, because I live in a wonderful time now and Giorgio with this bridge simply fits. Thanks, my darling
Top Review 0
Olfactory adaptation can make you happy!
Giorgio was a so-called blind purchase or blind exchange 3 months ago.
Of course the 90 ml bottle was meant for me...
It has crept in, however, that my husband likes to sniff scents that I disregarded and, if he likes it, also wears them. He doesn't care about classifications in women's or men's fragrances.
That's right, aşkım!

When I applied Giorgio myself, my olfactory centre was immediately crossed:
Too strong, too flowery-soapy, too pompous.
I also hear a slight note of petrol and a subliminal smell of musty clothes or a musty cellar.
So on the whole, not for me
But when my husband bravely sprayed himself with it, I haven't seen him shine like that for a long time.
The sun really rose for him!
Neither understanding nor sharing his enthusiasm, he explained to me that this fragrance would take him on a trip to Turkey-
Giorgio reminds him of the scents of his homeland The fact that he was so enthusiastic about it made me happy for him
My husband didn't hesitate to use Giorgio the very next day in his morning care ritual He has the habit of mixing scents after shaving with cream in his hands and smearing his whole face and bald head with this mixture:
A self-made aftershave balm, so to speak.
He usually does this mixture with Kolonya! For him, perfumes are apparently the same as this - a mixture of alcohol and fragrance
I must admit that the initial use by my husband was quite exhausting. The whole apartment smelled like Giorgio Because he sprays 6 to 8 times in the hand!
The only thing that helped was ventilation :D

After 3 months of use, the 90 ml bottle is now nearing its end and I seem to have undergone an olfactory adaptation, because excessive use no longer bothers me.
Yes- on my beloved husband it even smells of SUN and suits him very well.
I will gladly buy him a new bottle as soon as the current one is used up.

Because if he's happy, I'm happy!

Top Review 14
The Banned One
How did we reach the point in perfume history where fragrance is being banned in the workplace? In an attempt to answer that question, I decided to revisit some of the "monster" perfumes of the 80s for some possible insight into the current backlash against power perfume. For the most part, I've been enjoying some terrific work in the likes of Poison, Loulou and Coco, all of which must have been pretty spectacular prior to reformulation. If the current austerity movement in fragrance was in part a reaction to these perfumes, I can only imagine that they must have been commonly and egregiously overapplied, because the fragrances themselves are lovely. Giorgio is a different story in my view.

Giorgio's top notes of peach, apricot, orange blossom and bergamot are instantly familiar to me, probably because they were recycled by Elizabeth Arden with little variation in Sunflowers, which was extremely popular when I was young. The orange blossom in particular is a bit synthetic and overbearing, but nothing I can't handle. It is Giorgio's brash floral heart that I find off-putting. As a tuberose fan, I expected to be able to deal with whatever Giorgio threw at me, but the tuberose used here is the bubble gum variety, and it is not improved by a faux gardenia note that is reminiscent of a fabric softener sheet. I detect the ylang (a favorite note), but it is not sufficient to redeem this cacophony of strident floral notes.

On the other hand, the drydown of Giorgio is rather inspired. It contains chamomile, one of those quirky but wonderful notes that is seldom used in mainstream perfumery these days because it doesn't smell "pretty." Back in the day, when Giorgio still contained real oakmoss and sandalwood (both now conspicuously absent), this perfume must have faded down to a bewitching warmth. Even now it still has a certain distinction.

On the whole, I can certainly understand why this singular, voluminous perfume was banned in some restaurants during its heyday. It still has big sillage and good longevity, though no longer mammoth. If you have a nasty streak, Giorgio would be the perfect choice to wear to a wedding, along with a white dress, in order to upstage the bride. Otherwise, wear with caution as you would any statement perfume.
5.5
Helpful Review 9
Oh Giorgio
Summer 1993
5 weeks on the Croatian Adriatic coast on holiday with my parents and annoying brother, like almost every year, I still smell the sea, the good food and see the great people in front of me, the ornamentation of the crickets can be heard.And so we walked and strolled as I stopped in front of a shop window and discovered this yellow bottle of Giorgio... Even then I had to go in there perfume-mad and was allowed to test it...sprayed it extensively and that was him: MY Smell. The calorie bomb at floral, massive intensity, the strength, the spice...the riot for all time. The silage stunning. This precious elixir wrapped my young skin like a warm sunbeam. Immediately I felt grown up, important and like a lady of the world. That's how ladies smell. I want to be a lady forever. After asking and begging daddy bought him.(He was probably narcotized by the perfume cloud...)..So I carried him from morning to evening, at 30 degrees and more and polluted everyone with it.Sorry to the ice cream vendors, the waiters, the taxi driver, the fish in the water....
But even the most beautiful summer came to an end sometime and also the perfume came to an end, it disappeared because I never bought it again.why I don't remember.2006 then I got it at S.at bargain price,and I thought:Wow,my fragrance,my memories of that time.I must have it again.Freu.
Arrived at home, I ripped open the wrapper and couldn't wait to apply this gorgeous oppulent Lady- Wummser. Said, done, and what am I supposed to say? I was horrified. I turned up my nose. It can't be... I had to sneeze. I got really bad and I couldn't believe that I didn't like it anymore.93 This was my scent in summer.93.I only remember the "great love "I was inconsolable..Also the further testing in the following weeks didn't work.I just don't like it anymore.well,the sense of smell is changing,but one thing hasn't changed:
Even today at 38 I am still no lady ;-)
More reviews

3 short views on the fragrance
CumulnimbusCumulnimbus 1 year ago
2.5
Enormous bittersweet fruity floral. In spite of terrible fame, not bad when gently sprayed. Crazy sillage, forever lasting & friendly price.
LavenderSky8LavenderSky8 5 years ago
"The essence of Beverly Hills in a bottle."
Alex1984Alex1984 5 years ago
Unjustifiably maligned. From what I smell (vintage) this is peach and orange blossom heavy, and elegant. Poor girl, misanderstood. Joyous!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

28 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Gold by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Blue by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (After Shave Lotion) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills G by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Beverly Hills / So You by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Glam by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Sunshine by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio (Perfume) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Eau de Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Holiday by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Aire by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men (After Shave Lotion) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red (Perfume) by Giorgio Beverly Hills