Giorgio 1981Eau de Toilette

Giorgio (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills
Giorgio (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Giorgio Beverly Hills for women and was released in 1981. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Revlon.

Bob Aliano

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Bergamot, Orange blossom, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Jasmine, Orchid, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Camomile, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 19.09.2020.

Indigo65
Wuthering Heights, the living room-sleeping room and many a stormy year...
Exactly 28 years ago today I met my husband. Which was not to be foreseen at all, as we could not "smell" each other at all in the beginning! Although we had the same friends and interests, neither of us could bear it if another sun shone brighter next to us - despite 200 km between us.
At some point we discovered that the other one wasn't so bad after all, and we started a lively pen friendship. So it came as it had to come and we became a couple - and that despite 200 km between us.
The 200 km separated us for 25 years, during which we had to lead a weekend marriage for professional reasons. Since three years we finally live together.
28 eventful years. Cats came and went. Friends came and went. But we always stood together despite many difficulties.
A week ago I tried out a few fragrances at Rossi. Spraying, storming outside, sniffing.
This time Giorgio was there too. Through the mask I could smell the first gush: oh, tasty and wummily! Outside then: What is that? At home then: What is that? The perfume from the corner? It's not bad Oh, it smells like jasmine! JASMINE! JASMINE!
I must say that rarely has a perfume so polarized me. The first smell is great. Then comes something strangely pungent that I can't quite place, only to give way to an absolute fragrance that, in fact, reminds me of the 80s. And the bottle, with its crystal vase shape, is also reminiscent of the 80s. Simply pretty and handy.
What does all this have to do with our 28 years? When I told my husband about this perfume, he couldn't let go and bought it for our anniversary. Because it smells like it used to and takes me back to the time when we were much younger and more carefree, although we lived in a one-room apartment - the living-room-sleeping room - at the beginning and our song was "Wuthering Heights". Because it smells of a time when not everything but many things were beautiful and I remember this time with pleasure. Because even then the fragrances were more opulent. But, because I live in a wonderful time now and Giorgio with this bridge simply fits. Thanks, my darling
Sonnenwind
Olfactory adaptation can make you happy!
Giorgio was a so-called blind purchase or blind exchange 3 months ago.
Of course the 90 ml bottle was meant for me...
It has crept in, however, that my husband likes to sniff scents that I disregarded and, if he likes it, also wears them. He doesn't care about classifications in women's or men's fragrances.
That's right, aşkım!

When I applied Giorgio myself, my olfactory centre was immediately crossed:
Too strong, too flowery-soapy, too pompous.
I also hear a slight note of petrol and a subliminal smell of musty clothes or a musty cellar.
So on the whole, not for me
But when my husband bravely sprayed himself with it, I haven't seen him shine like that for a long time.
The sun really rose for him!
Neither understanding nor sharing his enthusiasm, he explained to me that this fragrance would take him on a trip to Turkey-
Giorgio reminds him of the scents of his homeland The fact that he was so enthusiastic about it made me happy for him
My husband didn't hesitate to use Giorgio the very next day in his morning care ritual He has the habit of mixing scents after shaving with cream in his hands and smearing his whole face and bald head with this mixture:
A self-made aftershave balm, so to speak.
He usually does this mixture with Kolonya! For him, perfumes are apparently the same as this - a mixture of alcohol and fragrance
I must admit that the initial use by my husband was quite exhausting. The whole apartment smelled like Giorgio Because he sprays 6 to 8 times in the hand!
The only thing that helped was ventilation :D

After 3 months of use, the 90 ml bottle is now nearing its end and I seem to have undergone an olfactory adaptation, because excessive use no longer bothers me.
Yes- on my beloved husband it even smells of SUN and suits him very well.
I will gladly buy him a new bottle as soon as the current one is used up.

Because if he's happy, I'm happy!
Once 80s to go
I love that perfume. The perfect summer scent. But beware: This is not a bottle, but a disguised time machine. Spray once (and please really only once)....... Zzzzzzzupp... You sit barefoot in jeans dungarees with only one strap on top and white shirt on a wall and look at the sea. From somewhere Bananarama sing "i'm your Venus, i'm your fire..." Guys in pastel-coloured clothes stand casually by the roadside and you sip your ice-cold coke from a glass bottle. The sun slowly sets and transforms the palm-fringed beach promenade into a golden spectacle of colour. Then you pack the Delial sunscreen in your plastic wicker basket and hurry home because Crocket and Tubbs are waiting for you at home.
No other perfume catapults me through space and time like this. Absolutely good mood scent.
Giorgio Beverly Hills
You remind me of my youth ... Giorgio is not quiet or shy, he is like many fragrances of the 80's quite intense. I love its fragrance which, thanks to its outstanding durability and its unmistakable exotic sillage, is a delight for the environment.

Pretty Woman
The problem with Giorgio is that it suffers from what many older fragrances suffer;over application to excess, in a time when fragrances where not only applied heavily, but were equally potent as well. Everyone’s view varies, but I would have loved to live that era and live the glamorous life of Giorgio Beverly Hills. Fortunately I can live it today with my 1981 bottle of extraordinary spray cologne.

Upon first spritz, what greets me is one of the most beautiful and honeyed orange blossoms I have smelt. It doesn’t smell dated, but incredibly lush and sunny. In a way, feelgood and happy.
The orange blossom stays for the entire duration but the tuberose doesn’t take long to show up and steal the show. Along, you get the juiciness of peach, which in a way reminds me of the peach accord later on used in Tresor, but here it’s more neon and less formal. It all feels yellow like the stripes on the box. It’s a happy bombastic fragrance chock full of white flowers and a sunny disposition for the first couple of hours.
But as the heart notes start to show up, it all gets a bit more serious, the make up packs on, and the tight fitting dress compliments the high hair. Giorgio starts to show a bit of oakmoss and suddenly it feels like a chypre. The ylang makes it smell more carnal and ‘oily’ and there’s a slight bitterness which adds to the chypre feel. A few more hours in and the drydown feels powdery as if there was Iris as well.

And this is the thing that probably made Giorgio so popular. A powerful white floral that becomes more serious and perfume-y as it warms on skin. It’s loud at first, and loud afterwards, and what starts as an overwhelm of the senses develops to a beautiful floral chypre. It smells recognizable; if you smell it once you know it when you smell it, lasts from morning to next morning with incredible sillage for hours on end, but I don’t think it’s cheap. It might be in today’s formula, but the vintage smells expensive and would probably be more liked if it wasn’t used so heavily in the past. But hey, if people abused it’s because they probably loved it like I do. And back in the 80’s, I’d probably be banned from restaurants too.
A nice discovery that I’m happy to have made, and in general a lovely, misunderstood fragrance. Rock it like it deserves; heavy handedly!
5.5
Oh Giorgio
Summer 1993
5 weeks on the Croatian Adriatic coast on holiday with my parents and annoying brother, like almost every year, I still smell the sea, the good food and see the great people in front of me, the ornamentation of the crickets can be heard.And so we walked and strolled as I stopped in front of a shop window and discovered this yellow bottle of Giorgio... Even then I had to go in there perfume-mad and was allowed to test it...sprayed it extensively and that was him: MY Smell. The calorie bomb at floral, massive intensity, the strength, the spice...the riot for all time. The silage stunning. This precious elixir wrapped my young skin like a warm sunbeam. Immediately I felt grown up, important and like a lady of the world. That's how ladies smell. I want to be a lady forever. After asking and begging daddy bought him.(He was probably narcotized by the perfume cloud...)..So I carried him from morning to evening, at 30 degrees and more and polluted everyone with it.Sorry to the ice cream vendors, the waiters, the taxi driver, the fish in the water....
But even the most beautiful summer came to an end sometime and also the perfume came to an end, it disappeared because I never bought it again.why I don't remember.2006 then I got it at S.at bargain price,and I thought:Wow,my fragrance,my memories of that time.I must have it again.Freu.
Arrived at home, I ripped open the wrapper and couldn't wait to apply this gorgeous oppulent Lady- Wummser. Said, done, and what am I supposed to say? I was horrified. I turned up my nose. It can't be... I had to sneeze. I got really bad and I couldn't believe that I didn't like it anymore.93 This was my scent in summer.93.I only remember the "great love "I was inconsolable..Also the further testing in the following weeks didn't work.I just don't like it anymore.well,the sense of smell is changing,but one thing hasn't changed:
Even today at 38 I am still no lady ;-)
Ambivalent
I've been buying GBH every now and then for years. Always the smallest unit, I know myself... ) times I like this fragrance totally and then I would like to have it immediately out of the house. Crazy love-hate.

He can get a headache if you overdose him. I spray him once in the air and then run through. That's enough for me. A strong, sometimes even pungent scent that can't be classified anywhere. I can't smell a single nuance. All well intertwined. An old but still young scent which (in my opinion) is not for very young ladies. He seems kind of out of place
For me in the squad with Chanel Nr 5, Jadore (although I feel the even more stabbing) and Climat.

At the moment I like this kind of scents.
Maybe I'll get a bottle again ;)

80es triumph
Rich, sunny, strong and Yellow: it's an explosive potion where the tuberose and the fruity notes are the main actors.
I remembere that it was banned by the restaurants because it was so powerful to cover the food scent!
I never smelled the vintage version and discovered it recently , but it was immediately love!
Its sillage gives me a sense of happiness and energy and I imagine californian beaches and elegant sunny avenues with ladies in white dresses and big sunglasses. Eighties never die!

273 Rodeo Drive
Giorgio Beverly Hills, another one of my favs back in the day and today. Like all 80's perfumes, it's BIG. Giorgio is the original Flower Bomb and earned that right lol. From the very first spray (one or two sprays on the back of neck), the gold juice warms your skin with the most amazing ray of California white florals and sun-kissed syrupy fruits. The aroma is beautiful! It's fresh and as modern today as it was back in the day. It's a masterpiece and a must try for any perfume enthusiast. I will never be without a bottle in my collection. How fantastic is it to see all these personal stories shared about your Ms. G. Beverly Hills. After all the scandalous fun this sassy broad has rewarded women of all ages since she made her 90210 debut, gosh knows with a career like hers, she deserves all the praise ;D

BIG
I don't quite understand the big perfumes of the 1980s. At heart, they carried a mixed message. They are unavoidable: large, loud, instantly recognizable, distressingly unmistakable.  They are written in bold print and are meant to stand out.  The problem is that they were also used as identifiers to signal inclusion in a group, or rather, to announce the wearer’s identification as a type. They are tribal.  So while their use of olfactory dynamics makes them all about standing out, the intention of their use is all about signaling affiliation, not distinction.

As with Dior Poison (1985) and YSL Opium (1977), even 30 years after the fact, we refer not so much to the perfume Giorgio (1981) as to the type of woman who wore it.  The perfume was part of the package: big hair, shoulder pads, geometric make up. Aspiration. Grandiosity. Remember this was the era of a television show called Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

The Perfume itself is remarkable for its superlative qualities: volume, radioactive sillage, endurance, unwarranted certitude. It could more aptly have been called No Exit.  It captured the quality of bigger-is-better that defined the 1980s.  It is legendary: it was the first scent-strip ever used in a magazine. It is mythical: Giorgio was banned from restaurants.  It surpassed even its high wattage rivals. Where Cacharel Loulou (1987) was boisterous, YSL Opium was smothering, and Dior Poison was simply too loud, Giorgio was crass.

Vintage bottles are easy to find. It was mass-produced for decades and made from aromachemicals with industrial half-lives. It is the plastic of perfumery. It can't be recycled, and it will never degrade.

Absolutely worth sniffing, even if just for the history lesson.

froms scenthurdle.com

LavenderSky8LavenderSky8 3 years ago
"The essence of Beverly Hills in a bottle."
Alex1984Alex1984 3 years ago
Unjustifiably maligned. From what I smell (vintage) this is peach and orange blossom heavy, and elegant. Poor girl, misanderstood. Joyous!

Giorgio ist auf der Sonnenseite...hell, leuchtend, Orchideenverliebt und tiefsinnig – als Vintage begeisternd und in der neuen Version leider nicht mein Fall  (erster Versuch mit meiner neuen Kamera)
by Santalwalti
Hiermit möchte ich an die Vintage-Version erinnern, deren Auftakt traumschön ist. Die aktuelle Version ist traurigerweise nichts dagegen, doch den geschwungenen Flakon mag ich sehr
by Santalwalti
by Catwoman
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Giorgio Beverly Hills

Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Gold by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Blue by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (After Shave Lotion) by Giorgio Beverly Hills G by Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Beverly Hills / So You by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Sunshine by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Glam by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Eau de Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Holiday by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio  Aire by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio (Perfume) by Giorgio Beverly Hills