Giorgio for Men 1984 Eau de Toilette

Giorgio for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills
Giorgio for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Giorgio Beverly Hills for men and was released in 1984. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes
HoneyHoney
MuskMusk
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 20.07.2021.

Surprised
I bought the fragrance today blind a) because of the price and b) because I had already seen him in one or two recommendations.
I have already expected nothing thick because of the price alone and have not read in advance here.

The packaging is somehow ordinary but yet peculiar. Alone already from the color scheme.

The flacon is nice, only the lid seems a little "cheap", which makes absolutely nothing in view of the price.

What then came but after the first spray.... Holladiewaldfee...

In the first moment unexpectedly slaying. - Quite power the thing. Nevertheless, very pleasant and somehow fresh.
Overall, I like it. From beginning to end.

Kinda makes me think of "A Trio of 4 Fists" and "MacGyver"....

Legendary Beast
It's hard to believe how inexpensive this is for the high quality you get. The packaging and bottle alone are worth the price you pay. But then that awesome juice smells like it should cost 4 times as much. I would easily pay $60 for this. The thing that tops it all off is this legendary beast still has genuine OAKMOSS! The quality, performance, scent and value is simply unmatched in the industry. I hope E.A. Fragrances keeps everything JUST THE WAY IT IS because they've really got something here to brag about! I'm pretty sure it is still IN production. Let's hope so.
Webaslan88
Grandpa, you were 38 then, driving a Ford Capri..
I have to start with 6 adjectives: fresh, green, soapy, herbaceous, sexy, old-school. And far away from the mainstream. Back in the mid-80s, when grandpa was still in his late 30s. In the early summer of 1985, freshly shaved in a Ford Capri with sunglasses, open shirt, chest hair scenting the wind with the windows rolled down. The song "Run to you" by Bryan Adams is playing on the radio in a glorious rubbing iron voice. That's exactly what this scent smells like. More about that later.

The bottle is designed very simple, fluted glass, like the taillights of the Ford Capri. On the glass the Giorgio emblem embossed. Haptically already trimmed to retro. I find super! The cap is "chromed" plastic (the Capri didn't have sooo much of it), which is absolutely acceptable at this price. The bottle contains 118 ml of the green fragrance.

To this I come now. You can imagine from my intro about how Giorgio for Men smells. The aldehydes with the citrusy notes immediately catch you like an aftershave and initiate the retro trip back to the 80s. The entry into the past happened Marty McFly-like with the clove and earthy patchouli, accompanied by the orris root and cedar, which quickly give the scent a lovely clean-soapy-green character. Cinnamon is only very subtly noticeable and doesn't affect the scent negatively in my opinion. The herbaceous oakmoss (probably man-made), rounds out the soapy character along with some amber and a smidge of honey (or vanilla?). After a few hours, this composition is still ever-present and becomes slightly sweeter without shedding the retro flair. From then on, the scent envelops you in a slightly spicy barbershop sphere. The shelf life is long (8 hours loosely), the sillage is strong, but pleasant.

Conclusion: I think this fragrance polarizes, even if it is highly rated here. The younger generation (under 25) will perhaps rather title this fragrance as old-fashioned "grandpa water". Over the age of 30, I'm sure it will appeal to many. I myself am 32 now and definitely don't feel too young to wear Giorgio For Men regularly in spring and summer (so right now in June). Because it is, perfect from March to September. I urge every man over the age of 25 to at least try the Giorgio and if possible add it to their collection. I dare you, I also bought it blind based on the reviews and youtubers. He is (I think) a must-have.
FAST. No tragedy today either: A fine seasoning classic
ANNOUNCER:
You approach again, wavering scents,
That once early to young nose showed.
Am I trying to hold you this time?
Do I feel my heart today inclined to that madness?
You press on! well, then, you may rule,
As ye from the arm as mist around me rise;
My bosom feels youthfully shaken
From the magic breath that weathers your train.
You bring with you the images of glad days,
And some dear shadows rise;
Like an old, half-faded legend
Comes first love and friendship up with it;
The pain becomes new, it repeats the lament
Life's labyrinthine wandering course.

And he who otherwise delights in this fragrance,
If he remembers, wanders around at Parfumo, distracted.
A shiver seizes me, tear follows tear,
The stern heart, it feels mild and soft;
What I smell here comes as if from afar,
And what vanished becomes realities to me.

[Powerhouse] REACTOR:
Who wished very much to please the crowd,
Especially because it lives and lets live.
Top notes are whipped up fruity-spicy,
And everyone expects a feast.
We sit already, with high nostrils,
Serenely there and would like to be amazed.
Who knows how to reconcile the people's smell;
True, they are not used to such abundance,
But they have smelt an awful lot.

KENNER:
How speak I now of that variegated multitude,
Spicy heart notes that delight the organ?
Reveal to you the waving throng,
That softly and flatteringly draws us to the whirlpool.
Where rose and carnation pure fragrance blossoms,
Where cinnamon and cedar bless our hearts
With orris root and sandal patch nourish.
Ah! what sprang in California there,
What an olfactory brain then imagined,
Strong, much, harmonious was it and still smells successful today,
Pervaded the wild disco time violence.
Often, when it first through years penetrated,
It's a delight in remembered form.
What shines is born for the moment,
That which is real remains unvanquished to posterity.

TIME CRITICAL PERSON:
If only I should not hear of posterity.
Suppose we were to talk of new'n perfumes,
What would be left of our present juice?
Aquatics, sweet stuff, niche knick-knacks.
And bathtub stuff, dreary, gets on your nerves.
So just be smart and show yourself knowledgeable,
Let retro stuff from the Internet's bulging archives,
Guerlains, Carons, Aramis, Patous & Co,
And, mark you well! Also smell this Giorgio!

REACTOR.
In the end, however, the base remains:
Honey moss, tonka musk & benzoin going slow.
You can force the mass only by mass,
Each one finally chooses for himself.
He who brings much will bring some;
And everyone goes out satisfied:
Vanilla-amber, mildly sweet, delightful!
Such a ragout, it could succeed then.

A man who thinks to act right,
Must hold to the best tool.
And, what remains the very best,
Many a man comes to Parfumo to read.
One hurries here absentmindedly, as to the masquerade festivals,
And curiosity only inspires every step;
The ladies give themselves and their perfume to the best
And play along without fee.

Who divides the flowing always same row
That it stirs rhythmically?
Who calls the individual to the general consecration,
Where it beats in glorious chords?
Who lets the storm rage to passions?
The evening fragrance in earnest glow?
Who pours all the fair spring blossoms
On the beloved's path?

Who weaves the insignificant green leaves
To the wreath of honour merits of every kind?
Who secures Olympus? unites gods?
The poet's power, in perfume revealed.
You know, on the perfumo stage
Each one tries what he likes;
Therefore I spare you this day
Not the Giorgio, not the Goethe.
There's no lack of colourful birds here.
They stride in the wide perfume house
The whole circle of fragrances
And they walk with noses wide open
From the head through the heart to the bases.
.......
Giorgio for Men was certainly more massive, more powerful and with more tinsel in the past.
But even today it is still finely spicy, noble soapy & good. And always a nice one!
Great fragrance for little money.
Alde Hyde
I still have an old hat in the closet. Excellent workmanship, not to get broken, warming in winter and with extremely comfortable fit.

Unfortunately, he is totally out of time. If you put it on nowadays, you look like a relic from another era, when there were still gentlemen who always held the door open for the lady, adjusted her chair and only sat down when she did.

It's a terrible shame that this old hat isn't really wearable today. You can hardly get such superior quality anywhere else, and if you do, it's for ten times the price. Gladly more. Depending on the manufacturer.

Couldn't a few changes be made to this old hat to catapult it into modern times? Maybe add something colorful, bright? Change the shape a bit?

But otherwise, please by all means leave it as is! This is quality that gives pleasure. We do not even want to talk about the price.
An ex-favourite

This was one of my favorites and insider tips in the mid-90s. At that time, he was also still really exclusive and only available in selected perfumeries, so also from the price in any case. I think Douglas even had it exclusively for a while. So, like his female PengDeng, which, by the way, comes along just as 'different'. At times, I have even worn the women's fragrance itself, because it is so tart and refreshingly herbaceous.

He, the men's fragrance, had something extravagant, then typically American, which was immensely refreshing and different on the German market with certain Lancaster dominance (Joop, Sander, Davidoff, Bogner).

It is still an interesting fragrance with dominance and certain charm. Also a certain timeless modernity. And it's certainly at least as directional as, say, Fahrenheit, which I could only ever stand in small doses and larger intervals, quite unlike Him. But an everyday fragrance is certainly not.

However, I must say that the fragrance has now unfortunately been changed somewhat and no longer quite corresponds to the original at the time. He was clearly scratchy and tart and also clearly more durable and more intense in the finish.

Quite striking, by the way, is the Sweet Whisky note in the middle and the chocolate note at the end.

I can therefore simply not understand that this fragrance is today in general so verrissen, mostly by Invicus-Aventus-Sonstwasus types who were then still in diapers or even still floated on Dad's Kraft soup and had not yet been metabolized.^^

It's part of my arsenal again today, even if the obvious modification ultimately makes me a bit dissatisfied. Unfortunately, the aggressive price drop has also actively contributed to its low esteem. This is unfortunately such a typical psychic thing of modern times, especially in German-speaking countries.

So many a young bastard might seem even more attractive with it today than with his ridiculous chewy candy scent, which he thinks is so incredibly 'hip' and 'groovy' (a term that seems to be 'in' again). I'm curious whether the 40 years then still stand on their youth sins - fragrances (with oversized posters on the walls of houses) or whether their sense of smell has then finally grown up.

Like a Sexy Dirty Talk Phrase
I am used to making naturally favoured mono-thematic honey by adding some spices. Cardamom pods, rosemary needles, juniper berries, cinnamon barks, ginger slices, lemon peels, vanilla pods, anise stars, and so on, and then letting the honey and the flavours infuse for a while. That's my breakfast rotation. Unfortunately, I've never made patchouli flavoured honey and Giorgio for Men is the perfect substitute for it, even if I can't eat it for breakfast! If you've never smelled it, this fantastic EDT has the same vibes as Arrogance, Kouros, Rive Gauche, Yatagan, Givenchy Gentleman and the newer TL pour Lui, to name a few. Giorgio for Men belongs to that small circle of old school perfumes, from barbershop, rich in opulent, enigmatic, deep accords. It builds around dirty notes of carnation, patchouli, and oakmoss, blended with some floral, spicy, and woody arrangements to create an oriental family, fougère, and chypre. I was only in my early teens when this was launched, but I remember everyone wearing this stuff. Eventually, I bought myself a bottle, and I fell in love, too. I never ever was expecting that this fragrance can be so wonderful, mysterious and complicated. It sat right next to my bottles of Grey Flannel and YSL Pour Homme. So, what does Giorgio for Men smell like? Read on if you want to find out. But first I want to say two things about packaging. The box reminds me of the men's costumes in vogue in the past centuries, with yellow and white stripes. Instead, the bottle is something exceptional, with its flask shape, the creative stripe pattern, glass similar to the precious crystal shabby chic bottles used for bourbon, on par with Renè Lalique 1960s Nina Ricci Signoricci men's cologne bottles in clear glass, metal screw caps.

Returning to the perfume, I am wearing it, and it feels darker than the blackest, more substantial than most extreme versions of any cologne for men that I can think of. Giorgio for Men is a woody, balsamic, earthy, and powdery cologne that reveals itself with a sharp burst of sour aldehyde at the beginning ain't like the feminine pair with hairspray vibe from aldehyde and tuberose blend. Yet, it practically hides a bitter force of patchouli. It is very sparkling, dark, and slightly dusty, but mostly sore and dry with patchouli and musk. The presence of patchouli is evident and makes this fragrance a bit like Gentleman by Givenchy. However, patchouli is more subdued in Giorgio, revealing a sweetness that Gentleman does not have. I get little sweetness out of it. And that's it for me. It smells very butch and earthy, and I loved it. The opening is shocking and overwhelming, even in its current subdued formula. Once the aldehydes tone down, a sour orange appears. Let me say that Giorgio can be very deceiving when you first spray it on.

After its raucous green opening comes to the deep, powerful, rich heart that beats loud and hard for hours. It borders the exotic with woody sandalwood and cedar combining with spiced cinnamon and dirty patchouli to host a beautiful floral dance of warm carnation, iris root and rose dew. Carnation, sandalwood, honey, iris and rose are taboo in today's men's market, but here they triumph as if there were no tomorrow. I get the dustiness from the violet leaves and the sweet spiciness from the cinnamon bark. The more it approaches the dry down, the more the rose shines.

The base is a pure magnetic attraction as the goodness of balmy benzoin, amber, and oakmoss layers in irresistible honey and vanilla, topped with tonka bean and tied with musk. A rich, filler silage fires the imagination as it lingers and intertwines. The oakmoss is still very pronounced, giving a traditional fougère that cannot be forgotten. I can smell more shades in it, especially softness of honey, sandalwood and vanilla. The sweetness is prominent but not created by vanilla sugar; it is very natural and probably given by ambergris. I never, ever expected that this fragrance could be so wonderful, mysterious and complicated. I like it from start to finish. The warm woods mixed with the sweet spices. It's also a bit animalic, and anyway, civet isn't listed as an ingredient, it's definitely there. Giorgio is not demanding or pushy; it is welcoming and deeply warm.

I have a beard, a moustache, and an uppercut hairstyle. I don't talk too much between people. I am a man who raises his head with silent self-confidence, and this perfume fits my style perfectly, giving an interesting contrast to my nature. In a nutshell, it has a very green, mossy feel to it, with some nice citrus top notes and a very prominent vanilla and musk base. This truly is a fragrance that you need to be patient with, because it really evolves, starting off with solid citrus, carnation and vanilla.
Interestingly, the vanilla seems to fade rather quickly, giving way to a slightly dirty oakmoss note, which lasts for several hours. The vanilla seems to return during the dry down, which is subtly sweet. Giorgio is friendly and adorable, from its first glimmer until the last sigh, but you need to know him well. It may take some time. This fragrance is not for mice. It's for a self-confident old school gentleman with a big heart. In my opinion, Giorgio is better suited for low temperatures. But that is very subjective. I would wear Giorgio during the humid days of the Fall and early Spring seasons.

This review bases upon a 120ml (4 fl. oz) bottle I own since August 2018.

-Elysium
Giorgio for Men - anything but mainstream
I've been testing Giorgio for Men for hours tonight. This is a blast! I seldom have fantasies about a fragrance, but here I very soon remembered how beautiful I would feel if a man greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and perfumed with Giorgio. I would enjoy it and I would certainly spontaneously compliment him on his great perfume.

How should I describe him? In the beginning extremely strong charisma. Very masculine, confident, cultivated soapy and dusty powdery. The base, only many many hours later, cautiously sweet. At the end I perceive a pleasant composition of musk, vanilla and tonka bean, which is still clearly fragrant. A very complex creation, whose many beautiful ingredients can be read in the pyramid. A tremendously strong eau de toilette.

You should definitely give it some time before going out, otherwise it is too crass. And you should definitely dose discreetly, otherwise it will be too violent.

I think 'Giorgio for Men' is very suitable for parties and special events. You will certainly attract attention with this scent and should therefore be able to cope with it. Freshly applied for cuddling it would be much too strong and obtrusive for me; also the top and heart note would be too linear. I like the drydown to be quieter and more intimate. Then Giorgio for Men smells seductively powdery and finishes with a fine hint of subtle sweetness. However, still well perceptible. It is possible that he unfolds his true beauty in a man only the next morning, when he has become one with his wearer.

Although as a woman I occasionally love to wear men's fragrances, I don't know yet whether Giorgio for Men is also suitable as a women's fragrance. It takes courage to carry him. Not only for women
It's already a fragrance for men - not for boys.

I would like to thank treasure hunters sincerely for sampling this extraordinary fragrance, which has been unjustly forgotten because its weddings are over. Then as now 'Giorgio for Men' smells anything but mainstream.

KimJong
Giorgio Beverly Hills Review (2018 batch)
GBHH has a nuance similar to Givenchy Gentleman in the opening. Honestly outdated but really manly. I got many good responses when I went to a heavy metal geek with it and a black leather jacket. On my nose GBHH is an intense patchouli scent with a 'grandfather' carnation. The messy smell that comes out after drying is, probably a green synthetic that replaces oakmoss, coming up bit like a cannabis scent. Since no one wears GBHH these days, it makes you stand out. Very aggressive and long lasting.
a very difficult case,
more and better Patchouli is hardly possible, but this scent needed a time machine that goes very (+ 4h) forward. Before these 4 h: mashed potatoes, hairspray, Sir Irish Moos alá americano .. bigger, better, rougher, tougher.
But after 4 hours on the skin nobly candied fruit splinters sparkle like diamonds through the hippiesque, robust earthy patchouli wall and everything is still as full at the start as at the beginning, but now ripened to a perfect melange: Green freshness, dirty vanilla/cinnamon (but natural and unstrained), earthy male patchouli, candied fruit sparkled by aldehydes - after 12 hours the still does not go to the knees. I don't know, I don't know... what am I supposed to think? Pro: Nobody ever gave me more positive (alá wow) comments ...

50something50something 30 days ago
Love this juice. Alpha male masculine. 9.5 out of 10.
StolzmanStolzman 9 months ago
3.5
It smells like an oldschool aldehydic women's perfume.It smells like a funeral home.It's not a classic masculine powerhouse fragrance.Strong
TsoTso 10 months ago
A classic, even 'outdated' scent. This one is my definition for barbershop -style fragrance. I like it, but hardly find occasions to wear it
TorkeTorke 11 months ago
Heavy classic Patchouli and Aldehyde fragrance.
Not for anyone, specially for the young croud.
For the money, it is very well made.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Patchouli and Honey in a very manly perfume. A bit similar to Givenchy Gentleman and Boss Number One. It's kind of outdated but I like it!
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Honey, patchouli and rose. A classy, formal masculine scent but a bit dated and stuffy.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
So dirty, you lose yourself in the heat of passion and turns you on in the most naughty, unconventional ways. For smutty earthy lovers only!
GuapoGuapo 5 years ago
Bold. Truly honey-patchouli bomb.
Still in production.

by Undsoweiter
by Undsoweiter
by Rasierwasser
by Rasierwasser
leider erst vor kurzem kennengelernt, aber besser spät als gar nicht. super zeugs!
by Couchlock
by Mortokai
by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh

Popular Giorgio Beverly Hills

Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (After Shave Lotion) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Blue by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Gold by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills G by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Beverly Hills / So You by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Glam by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Sunshine by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio (Perfume) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Wings for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Eau de Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Holiday by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Aire by Giorgio Beverly Hills Red (Perfume) by Giorgio Beverly Hills Giorgio Edition Collector by Giorgio Beverly Hills