Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (1987) Eau de Toilette

Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Giorgio Beverly Hills for men and was released in 1987. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Cardamom, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Iris, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Cedar, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Leather, Moss, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Jacaranda, last update on 09.10.2019

8.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Great performer
I was very lucky to get another bottle of this adjusted fragrance. Rarely am I so grateful for the purchase of a vintage bottle.

V.I.P. is rightly one of the highest rated men's fragrances here in the forum. This fragrance delivers so much performance, enduring and simultaneously changing, a scent game over 8-10 hours, and that at an EdT!
It starts fresh on my skin, but spicy at the same time. It will be cardamom, which paves the way for a gradually spicier course. Carnation and rose enter into a finely tuned game with wood notes. In this phase it reminds me of Nabucco Parfum Fin, but there it is fir, which contributes coniferous wood aromas.

After about 4 hours the fragrance becomes finer, more pleasant, almost warming.
Nothing comes out loud in this masterpiece. There are no corners and edges (which, according to some comments, the predecessor probably had). Animal I don't smell out.
This fragrance delivers everything that inspires me, in the finest coordination. Why this work was taken off the market cannot be explained rationally.

As a wearer of this fragrance I see a middle-aged gentleman who has achieved some things in life, knows how to enjoy the same but also. V.I.P. may not be the right name. Because the wearer of this fragrance does not insist on status. He fills it out, with a confident smile.

The bottle is noble, pleasant handling, although thick glass, the cap reminds of a gear knob.
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Drseid
Giorgio for Men's Amazing Leather-laced Sibling...
Very similar to the original Giorgio for Men, but more refined. I just got a sample and immediately fell in love with the top notes. They are just like regular GfM, but less "in your face" and smooth. Then the scent morphed briefly into a mini-mess that had me worried it would go south quickly... That fear was unjust, as the scent quickly recovered into the GfM heart and then dry-down I have come to love, only again more subtle and refined but still with plenty of strength, longevity and projection.

Overall I honestly can't say which version I prefer as they are both classics and top masculine choices in my book. That said, as the original has been re-released and can be had in all its former glory for $20 or less for a 118ml bottle (update: Giorgio for Men now has been reformulated around late 2011/early 2012, so look for the earlier re-release bottles that have a mossy green color to the juice still sold for the same low price on eBay), while VIP has to be acquired for mega bucks to get the discontinued original bottles I guess I would stick to the original at its "steal" price. VIP is great stuff if you can get a bottle at a sane price though. A 5 stars out of 5 powerhouse masterpiece for sure.

by MonsieurMont