Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (1987) Eau de Toilette

Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (Eau de Toilette) by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Giorgio for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Giorgio Beverly Hills for men and was released in 1987. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Cardamom, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Iris, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Cedar, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Leather, Moss, Musk, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Jacaranda, last update on 24.05.2018

7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Drseid
Giorgio for Men's Amazing Leather-laced Sibling...
Very similar to the original Giorgio for Men, but more refined. I just got a sample and immediately fell in love with the top notes. They are just like regular GfM, but less "in your face" and smooth. Then the scent morphed briefly into a mini-mess that had me worried it would go south quickly... That fear was unjust, as the scent quickly recovered into the GfM heart and then dry-down I have come to love, only again more subtle and refined but still with plenty of strength, longevity and projection.

Overall I honestly can't say which version I prefer as they are both classics and top masculine choices in my book. That said, as the original has been re-released and can be had in all its former glory for $20 or less for a 118ml bottle (update: Giorgio for Men now has been reformulated around late 2011/early 2012, so look for the earlier re-release bottles that have a mossy green color to the juice still sold for the same low price on eBay), while VIP has to be acquired for mega bucks to get the discontinued original bottles I guess I would stick to the original at its "steal" price. VIP is great stuff if you can get a bottle at a sane price though. A 5 stars out of 5 powerhouse masterpiece for sure.

by MonsieurMont