Amarige (1991) Eau de Toilette

Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy
Bottle Design Catherine Krunas, Atelier Dinand

Amarige (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 1991. The scent is floral-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Neroli, Peach, Plum, Rosewood, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Carnation, Jasmine, Cassia, Mimosa, Orchid, Black locust, Rose, Red berries, Blackcurrant, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woody notes, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.10.2019.

The name of the fragrance is apparently an anagram of the french word "mariage" (wedding).

9.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

The Nuclear Floral
3.4 edt bottle

This is the biggest floral perfume in the universe.
Its gigantic. Its over the top. It lasts forever. Its beautiful!! Sometimes, you just need a huge floral. Amarige is it.

Note: This is the most long lasting epic room spray ever.
My man said, "Oh u got a new shipment I see.I can smell a florist shop in the kitchen." Dont think your gonna hide the purchase of this one. If I ever meet Luca Turin in person Ill be wearing Amarige.
5.0 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Chimidoro
SHE HIT ME (AND IT FELT LIKE A KISS)
My first fragrant love.
Amarige.

I initially laid my nose upon this glorious scent in the library of a school where my mother had a temporary role as deputy head.

The head teacher wore Amarige. She strutted around shouting the odds. Had a real attitude problem, as my mother saw it.
She was headstrong and aggressive in her demeanor. I thought she was at once hilarious and cool as all hell.
Dry wood, warm yellow and white flowers.
Bookshelves and plants.

We went to IKEA and she had me trailing behind her pushing the trolley full of her pickings. Nothing, and nobody, stood a chance against the stench of Amarige.

Love! Power! Independence!

My second encounter was in the kitchen/dining area of my mother's childhood friend, Sheila. She lived atop a windy hill and her husband was a photographer specializing in black and white landscapes.
As I sat on a long wooden bench beside her large wooden kitchen table, I breathed in the delectable scent of freshly baked bread mingling with Amarige.

I asked, "What is that flowery smell?"
My mother responded: "AMARIGE! I've always HATED Amarige! It's Sheila's signature scent!"
Such venomous spite toward my beloved, Amarige!!!!
The best tuberose and cedar-wood based concoction in the world.

I will always return to my Amarige.

Alien flower juice
Cool fresh tuberose. Sweet milky white and metallic.
Venomous as snake bite.

Mutant spawn of Poison and Sécrétions Magnifique.

Utterly audaceous. Insanely powerful.
Totally unwearable.

Fabulous.

Seatonica
Jumpers, jeans and autumn leaves
From the plethora of notes listed I can only really detect neroli, rosewood and cassia in the opening. Then the base notes emerge and that's where Amariage settles quietly on me becoming a woody-vanillary-ambery-musk. It's a pretty, comforting and well-made perfume that lingers for hours and reminds me of autumn leaves, but to my mind it's not an especially complex one. Judging by the wide range of responses here it seems that how you experience Amariage will have a great deal to do with your skin chemistry as Missk says.
10.0 10.0/10

An endless floral beauty
A unique floral blend of ylang ylang ,gardenia and tuberose.
This is spicy and yet sweet.Great sillage and longevity.
It's a marriage of elegance ,femminity and class!Deep floral,hints of fruits based on woods and musc.It is sweet due to vanilla but not overwhelming or gourmand and balanced on spiciness of carnation flower.
An orchestra of notes wonderfully blended together from the maestro of perfumes Dominique Ropion.5 stars!
2.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Amarige
White Gardenia Red Rose Succulent red berries Orchid delectable Peaches
Spicy Carnations and Woods makes me imagine a 1957 Parisien Cafe with fire red walls Abstract Fernand Leger paintings on the wall Having lunch with Audrey Hepburn Jean Seberg Brigette Bardot Simone Signoret. downstairs plays
jazz where all the chic Beatnicks hangout mixing with high class Sophisticates. This Maybe released in the 1990's but has a 50's sensibillity.
5.0 7.5 10.0 6.0/10

Sweet mimosa and peach
I'm not very familiar with Givenchy fragrances as of yet, but this fragrance is certainly very memorable and beautiful, and is one of friend's signature scents.

Like most people have mentioned here, this is a very strong floral fragrance. It's strong in an elegant and sophisticated fashion rather than being offensive and "in your face".

The scent is rich and spicy with subtle hints of fruit, rather oriental and unique. The notes of orange blossom and peach are quite prominent, making it sweet and feminine.

I absolutely love that my friend wears this scent well, it blends perfectly with her skin chemistry, making this classic fragrance smell exotic and sensual. However on myself, Amarige is quite powdery. Not terrible, but not as beautiful as when others wear it.

I suggest that you try this before you buy to see whether it matches your chemistry.

Jazzy76 21 months ago
It seems like a monoghraphy about tuberose and ylang ylang. Sweet and femininin, sunny and romantic. Its name is the anagram of Mariage+2

by Zora
by Zora
by ElenaN
by ElenaN
Amarige - Féérie Édition Prestige 1995 Parfum
by Florblanca
Black locust flowers - for me one of the main notes in Amarige
by Reniferka
taken with my Android phone's camera. Further staged with a $4 pushlight and fake flowers on a mirror.
by Manuelag
by Schahram
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy