Ange ou Démon 2006Eau de Parfum

Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Saffron, White thyme
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily, Orchid, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Rosewood, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.04.2021.

The night is mine!
No fragrance for well-behaved, well-adjusted girls and nothing for young women who still practice flirting. No chérie and no Lolita! Dark, deep and extravagant, this fragrance belongs to the femmes fatales and the sirens among us. Released in 2006, Ange ou Démon falls for me into the category of modern women's fragrances like Alien, Crystal Noir, Jasmine Noir and Elle, all of which have little in common with the elegant floral scents of our mothers / grandmothers and which also convey a different image of women. With the above mentioned fragrances I imagine racy, non-conformist and also flamboyant women, as they were presented by the French cinema in the mid 70s to mid 80s: Fanny Ardant, Anne Parillaud, Béatrice Dalle...

I didn't get Ange ou Démon on special offer until 2015, and I have been flirting with him for a long time. And now? Ange ou Démon has been my constant companion for two winters. How come? I don't really like spicy notes! And these are not to be ignored here. Thyme and saffron are very perceptible and for some of you might spoil the scent. It bothered me at first too, but the scent is simply incredibly well blended. The notes of the pyramid are all perceptible and the core note around which everything is built is ylang-ylang. Fleetingly, lily and tangerine play into it. And the base is relatively unsweet despite the vanilla and tonka bean, which I would attribute to the combination of rosewood and oakmoss. Nevertheless the scent does not disintegrate. In its entirety it smells a bit like liquorice and has a multi-layered, dense character from beginning to end. Sprayed into the hair, I could still perceive the scent after two washes.

So now I put on my favourite jeans, put on the cashmere sweater and slip into my black suede stilettos and grab my leopard skin jacket. Off we go into the Berlin November night...My companion: Ange ou Démon;-)
Just powder your nose
To start with, the fascination begins with the opening of the box in which this flacon, which I find very successful, is placed. Inside, there is a small cardboard mechanism that not only follows the shape of the bottle, but also lifts it slightly to make it easier to remove
The color scheme of the bottle might not necessarily be what you would expect (namely demon-red), and also the demonic aspect would stand in front of the angel, because angels are simply not black and demons are never white. But this does not do any harm, because you can clearly see that the magical content is almost crystal clear and is just waiting to be released.

And when that happens, I unexpectedly start to hover, on cloud 8, as if I were taking off. An almost imaginary fog surrounds me and is responsible for my being magical from now on, constantly suggesting to my nose "Powder! Powder! Powder! Powder!" - weightless.
It is like being robbed of all other senses by a soft, delicate powdery scent, it is like being immediately shocked, it is like being electrified, hypnotized - even narcotized, if overdosed!

Nose, you have just arrived in powder-scented heaven!

For a while, something like the "Fresh underwear kick à la Chloé" floats along, until suddenly something flowery, almost fruity fresh pierces the dense cloud cover of powder, drawing attention to itself again and again. This is the moment when the freshly powdered nose suddenly begins to select, differentiate, to want to dissolve the pyramid of scents, to decompose it - everything that is carried there on this solid, powdery foundation, which with time is more and more marked by the vanilla and a good shot of tonka.

But in vain, everything remains constantly confusing, not showing the true face. It's almost like standing in front of a sea of agitated, bubbling, pulsating lava - uncontrollable, each bursting bubble releasing a new scent, of everything the volcano has to offer - what's missing is at best the heat felt for this scene.
It becomes more and more obvious that the cloud cover, which was believed to be safe, is disintegrating more and more, becoming almost unstable, a fall through time and space is threatening to begin.

"ange ou démon" confused - almost for the sake of confusing.

It is an interplay that fully lives up to its name. It is like a template or the stuff from which desire, back and forth, up and down, dances on volcanoes, all sorts of thoughts and dreams up to seductive and wicked sensuality are made - dangerous, as the name already suggests.

Am I "angel or demon"? - maybe every day, but maybe not.

I like and like "ange ou démon" very much, very well even!

Mozart1756
Mesmerizing soft ylang ylang. Now, you're in dream.
Ylang ylang... Now we are talking about. When a scent contains ylang ylang flower in a big dose its becoming sometimes exotic fruity floral sometimes lux soft creamy floral. In both situations I enjoy that. Ange ou Demon edp gained so much disslikes in fragrantica. I think that scent doesnt deserve this. Beginning= Mandarin orange, very soft sweet floral with bit earthiness of saffron. I dont enjoy saffron generally (I hate mfk br 540 edp) but here its well-combined. Time to time-its rare-but I feel herbal thyme too. Then after hours vanilla+ tonka bean sweetness with soft florals= these are ylang ylang and lilly. I thought before my first smell its heavy scent because of saffron but it isnt! +I got Play doh smell too. :)
Best season= Fall, winter and spring. If you insist, you can spray less in summer nights. Occasion= It gives me warm and cozy effect so lots of time its suitable. Home, dinner, mall, friends meeting, job meeting, with family or relatives... Compliments= I see some boys are crazy for this smell. I hope I can get compliment. At least my darling liked it. :)
Sweet floral overhang
On the first test day AoD gives itself still quite balanced, angels and devils whisper simultaneously and equally loudly in my ears. The fragrance is sweet-floral with herbaceous and slightly soapy base from the start away.

But from the 2nd day thyme and oakmoss lose radiance and leave the sweet-floral department the send message. That is, actually, it is my nose and my skin, which make their decisions here, what they perceive respectively let go again.

Result is in any case, that I had liked the fragrance on the first day because of this balance quite well, the clear sweet-floral overhang I then no longer like so well.

The durability is good to very good. The sillage moves to the start away above average between 9 and 10, to then settle in the course between 5 and 7.

Well, and who then here now angels and who devil is, may yet everyone decide for themselves.

I thank Serenissima for the test opportunity
a halo - hung on horns
"Ange ou Démon" has occupied me again and again for some time now: it is a fragrance that carries both in itself!
Women can be angels, wreathed with garlands of flowers; but very quickly they can become prickly: then the devil shows his horns and often also his horse's foot!
Then it is often said to take the feet in the hand and take flight!
In general they are then called Zicke!

Givenchy leaves here a refined "hermaphrodite creature" from the linen/flacon:
The first perceptible fruity spice is born from mandarin (here not as synthetic as unfortunately often) and strong thyme.
Mandarin is the softer variant of thyme than the lemon, which is often used as an antithesis.
This makes the prelude less fresh, but more nose friendly for me: it doesn't bizzel like that.
Saffron is a noble addition; a luxury good also here - an invitation to enter this world of fragrance: the door there is now open, the "Red Carpet" rolled out.
However, now "Ange ou Démon" shows his horse foot: the powdery scent of the orchid frightens me again this time.
It is, like gardenia, a hurdle that I always have to jump over when getting to know a fragrance - sometimes with more, sometimes with less success!
Fortunately, the splendour of the white lily interferes here just in time; these large white flower funnels with the golden, sometimes also saffron-red stamens generously exude their aroma.
This is pure and clear as the white lily blossom and covers the powder layer of the orchid.
Now the bright flashing of Ylang-Ylang.
is a perfect match So far, "Ange ou Démon" wears a white angel's robe from which the little horse's foot flashes out for a moment. Has the scented angel secretly cut a slit into it?
The devil is sick of it now: he enters this fragrance room and has a particularly nice dose of oakmoss in his luggage!
And kidnaps somir in a deeper, darker scent area, which is very tempting.
Those who follow it meet an erotically warm, creamy, flowing vanilla stream, richly perfumed with the sweetness of the tonka bean: the goddess of love has married herself to the darker side of the power of fragrance here.
Here she does not blow quietly to attack the senses; she seduces directly, not exactly subtly.

"Ange ou Démon" is an angel who sometimes gives his halo to the wardrobe.
There the devil grabs him and hangs him over his horns!
It always does both of them good - otherwise life would be too calculable, too boring.

Am I dealing here with a devilish angel or an English devil?
This question will certainly keep me busy for a while: my judgement is always different - depending on the form of the day and the time of day.
Is that perhaps intentional?

"Ange ou Démon" can stay with me a little longer; maybe I'll get behind his secret.
Will I end up in heaven or hell?
I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Daisyvision
It's a complex and spellbinding chameleon of a scent.
While out walking a canine friend one spring morning, flowers bursting all over the neighborhood, I thought, "Man all these flowers smell amazing!" I quickly realized that incredible burst of florals was actually the Ange ou Demon emanating from my wrist. Wow! I had it applied only a small amount to one wrist to test, and already this scent was wafting around me.

It is, indeed, incredibly sweet. But also spicy and exotic. The mandarin orange gives it a little punch, and the florals are dreamy and just dripping with sweet vanilla. The woody notes really anchor it and give it that notable sensuality. What a perfect name "Ange ou Demon" (Angel or Devil) - it's so versatile. It seems to perfectly conform to how you decide to wear it. A playful, sweet and feminine daytime fragrance? Sure! A seductive (perhaps naughty) nighttime perfume? Absolutely!

Lastly, I disagree that it's strictly a cold-weather scent. I'd wear this any time of the day, any time of the year, it's incredible! Long lasting with incredible sillage, too.

Ange ou Demon
Every angelic face hides a devilish persona ange ou demon definse that. it starts sweet and half a hour later transform to an deep intoxicating notes
of dark florals and dry woods makes it
a versitile frangrance for the ages.

The opening starts sharp with a note of mandrian orange dries gracfully with the velvety feel of Saffron and dries
the top notes with the innocent notes
of thyme and White Lily, The middle section starts to become more deeper
with the presence of dark orchid and the wisting scent of nocturnal jasmine bloom though the night.

The drydown is an dry finishing scent of oakmoss vanilla adds to the angelic sweetness to the frangrance exotic brazilian rosewood and ends with the nutty accord of tonka bean.

I just love the flacon design and color the coloring is reminisent of the sun setting though the twillight sky on a clear night i also love the jagged artwork of the bottle worthy of it's demonic edgeiness there is nothing soft about this scent this is for a girl who is sweet on the outside but deliciouslly bad from the inside.

Decide for yourself: angel or demon?
I'm surprised by Ange Ou Demon. Prior to testing this fragrance I had assumed it was similiar or along the lines of Armani Code for women and Thierry Mugler's Angel, however I find it much softer and in some ways more mysterious.

Ange Ou Demon isn't as gothic and dark as the bottle seems to suggest. There's this undeniable softness and fragility which adds to this fragrance's allure.

The scent is light and 'fluffy', almost airy with subtle hints of spicyness, like pepper or thyme. There is also a distinctive powdery-like quality to Ange Ou Demon which is reminiscent of some classic aldehydic fragrances.

I enjoy Ange Ou Demon's spicy yet powdery scent, because like D&G for Women, this is a powdery fragrance that isn't sharp or soapy, instead it's inviting and sensual.

When applied with a light hand, (as one should always do), the sillage is just strong enough to capture the people that dare to come close. I particularly like this aspect because it certainly adds to this perfume's mysterious appeal.

Apart from the dominant notes of spices, florals and vanilla, I also sense a cinnamon note, which reminds me of Intimately Beckham Night, which is in some ways very similar to Ange Ou Demon.

I'd say the lasting strength of this scent is good, however I fear this fragrance will be reformulated soon due to the oakmoss component. I highly suggest you try this scent while it is still in its original formulation.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
How do you feel? this scent could be fresh or warm, seductive or pure , anyway pleasant. Quite good sillage, but not a masterpiece.

Die Übergänge sind oft fließend
by Thecombad
by SweetApricot
by SweetApricot

Popular Givenchy

Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Xeryus (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Ambre Tigré by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Parfum) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy Cologne by Givenchy