Ange ou Démon Le SecretAnge ou Étrange Le Secret (2009) Eau de Parfum

Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy
Bottle Design: Serge Mansau

Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Bernard Ellena

Top Notes Top NotesCranberry, Green tea, Amalfi lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Peony, Water lily
Base Notes Base NotesWoods, Patchouli, White musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.09.2019

Uma Thurman is the face of the advertising campaign.
In 2014 the scent was re-released with a new design. Model Kati Nescher replaces Thurman in the ad.

5.0 2.5 2.5 3.0/10

Katad
Nice floral, but kind of dreary and commonplace...
Nice run of the mill citrus-floral combo. First notes are lemony, nice and fresh. Then shortly after this fades somewhat and some rich berries poke up their heads. Florals come through in the middle, I am not experienced enough to distinguish one from the other. I don't get much woody upon drying down, just the tiniest hint of patchouli.

Very thin and transparent fragrance, although pleasant. Very small sillage & longevity on me. Hardly lasts at all. Pffffft... 20 minutes and it's gone. Very suitable for daytime office wear - banal and light. Kind of boring, I agree with Sherapop.
6.0/10

Ange ou Demon Le Secret
Fun! Flirty! Soft! Sexy! Opens with an insouciantly festive rush of lemony green tea and ripe juicy cranberries wrapped in translucent veils of fresh jasmine, crisply clean peonies, and dew laden water flowers, all nestled in a tenderly feminine base of sensual white woods, spicy clean patchouli, and sheerest of white musks. Angelic in the lightly sweet, sophisticated opening. Demonic in the deceptively sensual softness of subtle white florals and tender, yet distinctly earthy development of woods, grasses, and musks. No sour acridity from the lemon, no overdone syrupy sugar development in the fruit, no fecalic indoles in the jasmine, no harshness in the wood, no dirt in the patchouli, and no sweat in the musk. On my skin chemistry this is PERFECT. I get the positive attributes from everything in this bottle. Sillage is perfect to my taste and longevity is adequate in my opinion at about 7 hours on my skin. Leisurely sophistication and relaxing, tranquil sensuality in a bottle for me. I am reveling in this! An utterly delightful concoction! I LOVE IT! Thank you Givenchy!
3.0/10

Diet Cranberry Snapple
It took me about half my mini to figure out that ANGE OU DEMON LE SECRET is basically a dilute pinkish fruity-floral tea fragrance. Something like Diet Cranberry Snapple.

Here are the notes according to Givenchy (sugar is not listed, so I'm assuming it's nutrasweet or sucralose?):

top: Italian winter lemon, cranberries, green tea leaf
heart: Jasmine, white peony, water flowers
base: Blond woods, patchouli

Yet another boring flanker. Every bit as inoffensive as it is forgettable.

Unwearable White Floral
I received a generous sample of Le Secret EDP from a large online seller.

On paper, this is very pleasant fragrance to sample. Tea and citrus come out on on the top, with a bit of cranberry to follow. Overall, Le Secret is a bit sweet without being gourmand, slightly fruity without being fruit-based.

However, on my skin, Le Secret wears completely different. The jasmine & lily rear their ugly head, as white florals so often do on me. The white florals cling to the back of my throat and in my sinuses. After 30 minutes I couldn't stand it any more and scrubbed it off. Unfortunately, this has been my experience with most Givenchy scents, notable exceptions being Extravagance, Indecence (original, unreformulated), & Hot Couture (original, unreformulated) - each of which I consider among my favorite fragrances.

For those sensitive to certain formulations of white florals, Le Secret is a monster ... not in a good way. Not for me. Not at all.

Unwearable.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

White florals over cranberry
Ange ou Demon Le Secret is pretty, but not nearly as unique as the original Ange ou Demon.

Although not particularly outstanding, this will be widely liked because of its inoffensive, simplistic and safe floral blend.

I sense a majority of the notes listed. Peony, jasmine, green tea, soft lemon and white woods are all there, however the patchouli is very mild, not nearly as dominating as I would have liked it to be.

Le Secret is sweet but not overly so. The fragrance is very balanced and feminine. It has an almost fresh and clean like quality which I do admire.

Overall, the lasting strength and sillage is good, if not better than average. All in all, this is a lovely, soft floral which tends to be shy rather than loud. A very basic yet enjoyable casual scent in my opinion.

miniature
by HsChen
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10
by Annkom
by Annkom

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy