Ange ou Démon Le Secret Edition Riviera Edition Croisière (2014)

Ange ou Démon Le Secret Edition Riviera / Edition Croisière by Givenchy

Ange ou Démon Le Secret Edition Riviera is a popular limited perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by LVMH. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesItalian lemon, Neroli, Jasmine tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesTiaré, Salty notes
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Driftwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 12.05.2020.

The scent was re-released in 2016 as Edition Riviera.

Eenie, meenie, minie, mo and moe are out...
If you have been with Parfumo for a few years, like I have, and thanks to many, many generous people here have been able to get to know more and more fragrances, then at some point most people think about letting another fragrance go for every new one that comes along. This has several reasons: Lack of space or money or the fact that you already have similar fragrances and don't need several that differ only slightly. But sometimes it is also the case that the newcomer is a little bit better than another very similar, great scent that is already in the collection.
And so it is with Ange ou Démon Le Secret Croisière. He will replace my esteemed Ange ou Démon Le Secret Elixir I have already written a comment on the Elixir. Even if I would write the commentary a bit differently today, almost three years later, I still experience the fragrance in the same way. Only I would praise it perhaps a little less highly. That's the disadvantage of having had the opportunity to get to know so many fragrances: You're not as easily impressed as you were at first. One is more serene, demanding, sometimes too demanding.

For comparison, I sprayed both fragrances once in parallel:

Already in the top note the elixir is fresher with much more orange blossom and also more jasmine. The crosière is milder, in comparison clearly with Tiaré, softer, more gentle. This respective character of both fragrances remains throughout the whole process. When I wore the Crosière alone a few days ago, Tiaré was far less dominant. It's interesting how the perception virtually jumps to the differences and the similarities fade into the background when you compare two fragrances:
The elixir clearly gets a sugar note in the heart note, a bit like a love apple, only not as an apple but with an unspecific fruit. Compared to the Crosière, the Elixir is more sparkling, more active, sweeter, but also harder, while the Crosière radiates a lazy summery calm. This ponderous slowness is wonderfully relieving in my nose and reminds me of long lazy days with an exciting book in the wicker beach chair, of total relaxation, or deceleration. Even if I like both, the hardness of the elixir, which I attribute to the jasmine, is borderline, while the crosière is very pleasant, especially for the summer and to come down, without being a tiaré bomb. And this is quite essential for me, because tiaré scents, as impressive as they are, have always annoyed me after a while. And that is not the case here
Both Ange ou Démon Le Secret Croisière and Ange ou Démon Le Secret Elixir have a pleasantly powdery aftertaste that is the same. It is dry, slightly spicy and somewhat woody. It is an essential component of both fragrances and so unique that it makes the relationship very clear. If one of the two is worn alone, it is definitely determining. This note is present in both of them throughout the day and at the end of a day of about 6 hours it is also the main factor in the fading base.

So, for those who are looking for a tangy, fresh, active, in between sweet, but fortunately not pungent, summer scent and who are not afraid of jasmine, the Elixir is definitely worth a try.
For those like me who tend to find jasmine problematic and who like a little, but not too dominant tiaré and who like a lazy, decelerated summer scent, the crosière is the right one for them.

As I read, the Elixir no longer exists and the crosière is now called Riviera. I don't know the Riviera, but experience suggests that it was also reformulated.
Devilish remains devilish!
I had tried a Givenchy fragrance from the Ange ou Démon series here some time ago, and wrote something about how women can seem angelic as well as devilish (or demonic), hmm... :D

It seems that the devilish or demonic qualities are always a little more pronounced. Well, it's just a feeling, and I can be wrong too... (but I'm rarely wrong in that respect, mu ha ha ha ha). ... puuuh, I shouldn't make "women are devils" jokes in this heat, as if it wouldn't be enough that it's literally hellishly hot right now (aaaargh, I had a slight sunburn the other day!!), no, if I make you angry now, you'll actually become devilish demons!! Or better said, even more devilishly demonic than I already am... aahh... okay okay, but now I am really (first of all) quiet!

But hey, you women... Ladies call us guys "pigs" all the time (... well, I was rather called "piglet"... *sigh*), so it's only fair if we at least are allowed to describe or emphasize the malignant vein of you ladies in comments and such :D

But guuuut, let's now come to a fragrance that seems to be quite nice, and I hope that it smells like this!

The fragrance:
I smell a sweet-floral note right at the beginning, which also seems slightly fruity (like berries) to me, and so I guess the Tiaré here. Otherwise, there are lemons to sniff out, which are not particularly pronounced, but appear from time to time tangy and therefore the smell comes across fresh. Only after a short time they disappeared again.
With time the scent seems to become more flowery, Neroli is only slightly smelly, just like the jasmine tea, which one (or I) would not have recognized without the scent pyramid at all.
Salty notes can be spotted later, which give the fragrance a slightly holiday-like feeling, but this doesn't last long, because it gets sweeter again because of the amber, which doesn't mean that the fragrance gets worse with it, but unfortunately it loses a little of this holiday-like feeling.
The amber is the main fragrance in the base, so you can smell it combined with a rather low vanilla in the base. And as is so often the case, vanilla gives the fragrance a slightly powdery touch at the end. A beautiful scent, even if a little bit inconspicuous.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good at the beginning, because especially the sweet one can be smelled quite well. After a not so long time it weakens a bit, but stays on a good level for a while for a summer scent and should therefore be reasonably good to smell if you are not too far away from others.
The shelf life is still okay with five to six hours.

The bottle:
The bottle has the same shape as all Ange ou Démon fragrances and strictly speaking it still looks like a spearhead to me, with which we guys could be pierced :D
On the front side you can see beautiful plant patterns, in the background this drop-like fragrance tube (if it is a spray tube). The crystalline "spear tip" is transparent and represents the lid. I think the bottle is very successful.

Soo, I also find this Ange ou Démon quite successful. With its loose nature, it fits well into spring and summer, although some may find the amber or sweetness a little too high for warm days in general. As always, it is therefore best if everyone tests the fragrance themselves.

Yeah, yeah, the scent smells nice, almost innocent. So when you smell the fragrance bearer, you might think that she is not up to anything bad. What could become a doom if women are actually more demonic than angelic :D
The extremely hot weather right now could be a kind of omen for the demonic, as it feels as if hell has opened its gates, from which you ladies now come out and hunt us poor guys, ufff... But it can also be that I am just a little paranoid :DD

Yeah, it's just so hot... some of my brain cells are already burned down, so I'm talking bullshit again... :DD
But nevertheless I have to mention that the fragrance is quite nice and could be worn on hot days despite its sweetness, because it doesn't look heavy. It fits during the day as well as in the evening or when going out. But after a while it is hardly distinguishable from other, similar fragrances, which is true for a lot of fragrances, especially today, where even the niche market seems to be flooded with countless fragrances, so that you could only meet a fragrance with luck, which smells completely different and innovative (but which you don't like, because it's not so different at the moment).B. as a unique fragrance has something like "one week not washed feet" fragrance,... he he he).
Be that as it may, in my opinion this is one of those fragrances that can be tested!

... and the heat still remains until the beginning of August... you better be prepared to read some more nonsense from me here... :D

by Hamraz
by Hamraz
by Sallytopia
by Sallytopia

Popular Givenchy

Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ambre Tigré by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Eau de Vetyver by Givenchy