Eau de Givenchy (2018)

Version from 2018
Eau de Givenchy (2018) by Givenchy

Eau de Givenchy (2018) is a new perfume by Givenchy for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Bergamot, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesPetitgrain, Neroli, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Rivegauche, last update on 11.09.2019

6.0 5.0 7.0 6.0/10

Adequate Clean Neroli-White Musk Cologne
The 2018 version of Eau de Givenchy is a quite straightforward eau de cologne on my skin, with a slightly more pronounced feminine touch of tender floral and cottony musk.

The first 3 hours of Eau de Givenchy is dominated by the refreshingly bitter green petit grain and its more floral cousin, the verdant neroli. The orange blossom provides a suave, faintly indolic backdrop, while the various citrus fruits only briefly offer a few glimpses at the very first moment. With Eau de Givenchy focusing more on the petit grain-neroli-orange blossom trio instead of sparkling citrus fruits or Mediterranean aromatic herbs, the fragrance leans more traditionally feminine to my nose.

Its focus on neroli and its cousins also reminds me of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino and Frederic Malle Cologne Indélébile. However, while they're interchangeable to a certain extent, Eau de Givenchy differs more significantly in the dry down, with its more substantial, cotton-y yet slightly metallic musk adding more heft and rendering it more opaque comparing to the sharper, leaner, soapier and somewhat more "robotic" Neroli Portofino, or the more refined and traditional Cologne Indélébile. Although I haven't yet compared them side by side, the prominently musky dry down of Eau de Givenchy is reminiscent of that of Byredo Blanche's to my nose, more than other eau de cologne-type of fragrances.

The sillage of Eau de Givenchy is moderate to soft, while the longevity is at least 8 hours on me.

As I haven't yet had the opportunity to smell the original Eau de Givenchy, I don't have any direct comparison to offer. But there's no doubt that this brand new version of Eau de Givenchy smells like a product conceived to fit and made in our modern era, rather than one trying to convey vintage characteristics.

Without prior knowledge of the original version, I find this 2018's Eau de Givenchy an adequate eau de cologne-style fragrance, centred around green neroli and vaporous, clean white musk, and marginally more feminine than most colognes. Although arguably less polished and less nuanced than many neroli-white musk fragrances put out by well-known niche brands, the price and the accessibility of Eau de Givenchy nevertheless put it at a relative advantage. I'd recommend it as a gateway clean neroli-white musk perfume from mainstream designer brands.
9.0 7.0 6.0 9.0/10

AEO
Grandma's handkerchiefs make a wave-wink
I love it... the water.
Something wonderfully quirky and a lot of memory of my childhood. The scent is not new, but back again.
It smells like Grandma's handkerchiefs back then. Fresh, clear your head and mind, good for your soul...especially with the weather out there, at 38°C. It is not only green, white or pure, it is reminiscent of an orange grove (sunshine and lightness and no not quite Cologne water and also not Tosca...), bergamot is represented as in many Cologne and our ancestors also know why. Fresh, unobtrusive, a little old-fashioned and therefore extremely modern again. Timeless, classic and a gentle journey for the nose.
The only thing, it does not last long as a fragrance tail, but on the skin a pleasant light musk, which does not tickle or irritate. Changes then a little woody and disappears then completely. It's all right for me, it's summer
i love that...
8.0 6.0 7.0 10.0/10

Yellow - green refreshment
For years it has been observed that the Cologne theme is experiencing a renaissance in the perfume world.
I like the instant refreshing effect that comes to me when I spray on a cologne. In heat all the more welcome!

I don't know the predecessor of this Givenchy fragrance, so a comparison can't be made.

When I spray on them, the bergamots and oranges fly into my nose with verve, which makes me happy at once.
A short time later I smell Neroli, which will dominate the fragrance in the coming. The citrus remains easily perceptible; soon this scent is fixed by a very slightly woody musk base.

So the fragrance stays with me for hours, which I like, as long as you can't constantly spray or like.

All in all, the Cologne theme was modernized - of course unisex - and durable in Eau de Toilette concentration.
9.0 5.0 6.0 8.0/10

CarlMacau
so tender, so clear, so beautiful...
Colognes in summer, from all sides.
So slowly I have the head full of approx. 100 fine Cologne Hochkarätern.
But Givenchy stuck with me today. Fine and tasty. He's got something special. It smells high quality.

Givenchy doesn't create anything new but something very beautiful. Cologne du Parfumeur von Guerlain has always been a favorite of mine in summer. The magic here is a subtle, light honey note in the base, as with the new Givenchy.
Radiance rather close to the body. Neroli fires the start with green notes, mandarin, spring blossoms, violet sounds, musk, all creamy round after 30 minutes of freshness. More feminine. Not too Cyrtrian. Not woody.
I'm always imagining purple lilacs. Lilac blossoms and again something like honey. You could almost call it the copied Guerlain DNA. I'd love to have it even stronger and longer green, but the great bottle already says: I'm simple, clear, quiet and noble. Humble water. Holy. Clean. Untouched and beautiful.

So be it. Yum. Great job Guerlain... uh, Givenchy!
10.0 5.0 7.0 9.0/10

Duftsucht
What you see is what you get..
Very rarely does it happen that my nose can sniff out almost anything from a perfume that is indicated in the fragrance pyramid. Sometimes, when I've read it, I think I can recognize things like camomile or rosemary in addition to lavender, but in the blind test: Never ever. Eau de Givenchy is a probably unique exception here: Neroli checked, Bergamot checked, Orange, yes, Petitgrain and orange blossom also, musk and wood (no: not decidedly cedar wood, but at least wood). The only additional thing I wouldn't have identified is tangerine. What does that tell me - except that perhaps the rather unlikely case occurred that my nose developed super powers overnight? I rather suspect it's because "Eau de Givenchy" is a beautiful, classically built, straightforward eau de cologne! To the prelude sparkling Neroli - but far away from 4711, dimmed by bergamot and immediately underlaid with orange. Flowers, wood and musk follow on the foot.
For me, Eau de Givenchy is like a very naturally scented light version of a mixture of Nerolia Bianca and Mandarin Basilic from Guerlain. A beautiful light summer cologne - and therefore a clear test recommendation for all lovers of the genre!
My nose recognizes by the way still something additionally: Melissa! Maybe there's something to the super-taster powers overnight!

Jazzy76 151 days ago
very refreshing for its vibrant petitgrain-neroli heart accord , a true rinvigorating elixir in the hottest days.
Average sillage+2
HugoMontez 8 months ago
Great neroli-musk scent. Like the old soapy clean fragrances. Freshness to the perfection. Has some petitgrain too. Poor performance though.+1
9.0

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy