Fleur d'Interdit 1994

Fleur d'Interdit by Givenchy
Fleur d'Interdit is a perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 1994. The scent is floral-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Daniel Molière

Woodland strawberryWoodland strawberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamenCyclamen
LilacLilac
JasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
OrchidOrchid
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.11.2021.

ElysaShades
My elementary school teacher's scent *spooky*
Some time ago I wrote a blog entry on the subject of olfactory memory. My visual example was Fleur d'Interdit. I assume that my primary school teacher wore it. That was in the mid-nineties and there were still some rougher customs in the primary school, especially if the teacher - like my wife F. - was pragmatic and could not be dismissed anyway, as long as she did not slap her pupils. But otherwise there were not many limits to the cruelty. Luckily, she wasn't that keen on me (lucky if mummy sings in the same choir as she does), but when I enthusiastically sprayed my Fleur's'Interdit, which I had bought at an auction on Ebay a few years ago (I had no idea that it smelled like Mrs. F., Mrs. F. didn't even have it on the screen anymore), my hair stood on end. I practiced for about 20 minutes to find out why the smell was so unpleasant and then it suddenly fell from my eyes like scales. The teacher... And little Lisa in between, somewhere between fear and wanting to please and dislike because she was constantly attacking her best friend, who at some point burst into tears, the wild boy, it was outrageous, and there was nothing to do but look down and write him his homework next time. This is Fleur d'interdit.

That's too bad, because he's actually so beautiful... As already written in my blog, I wore it quite often to get rid of the unpleasant memories. And it works. Somewhere in the back of my mind she is still lurking, Mrs. F., but I can enjoy the scent for what it is. A - in the meantime - completely outdated flower scent, lush, elegant, with a love of detail, like you can't get it anymore. Exactly my thing!

A slightly acidic note now resonates when sprayed on. My fragrance must be about 25 years old, it may well be that these are the signs of the times. If I look at the fragrance notes in the top note, it may well fit. With melon, raspberry, wild strawberry, it may be that it smells a bit sour, but the warmer it is, the less I notice it. Even though Fleur d'interdit is anything but lightweight, it develops best in warm weather. I have the impression that the longer I wear the fragrance, the clearer the individual scents become. The flowers are roomy from the very beginning. Maybells, hyacinths, violets, lilacs... Everything grows wildly in confusion. After about 3 hours the fruit notes become clearer. Strawberries, raspberries, with leaves in the sun. Green scents often seem cool and moist to me. This is not the case here. We clearly have green notes here, rather light and sunny. Really beautiful!
Fleur d'interdit easily lasts the whole day in strong sillage. Careful dosage is desired, also because the fragrance does not correspond to the current zeitgeist. Then it is possible that you will attract unpleasant attention.

The base is rather inconspicuous, sneaks in with time. Nice scratchy oakmoss, cushioned by clean musk, slightly powdery, woody rather not

This is where the action really is and as you know it from many high quality vintage fragrances, the overall picture is constantly changing and the fragrance stays alive all day long. I like it better and better the longer I wear it. I like it best on really beautiful summer days, when it's warm, but with a light breeze. If you like this kind of fragrance, you can grab a bottle somewhere. It's really worth it.

Fleur d'interdit on my teacher was the first perfume I consciously noticed on someone, my prototype perfume so to speak. And I liked it very much even then (the F is bad, but it smells good). In the meantime I'm very happy that I kept the bottle and didn't resell it because of unpleasant memories. If you leave them out, it is one of my all-time favourites

My "Paradise lost"
I'm going to write about this perfume as I could write about a beloved person I've lost. In fact, this fragrance was the mate of my 20years and it represents the springtime of my life.
I discovered it and tested the first time in a drugstore in Brescia, Northern Italy, where I studied at the university.
It was love at first smell: so flowery-fruity, so soft, so perfect for my Young age!
I cannot forget the gorgeous rasperry top notes characterizing this scent as rich as a secret garden . Then, I remember the warmer and very feminin flowery bouquet revealing all its innocent sensuality.
At the base, the unforgettable sweet vanilla notes lasting on my skin for hours without resulting too intoxicating or sweetish. The sillage was good and the result so ethereal and so perfect for a "jeune fille en fleur"!
It was a little corner of Paradise, contained in a very romantic and refined bottle which was a little masterpiece to show on the bathroom perfumes shelf.
A scent connected to the springtime , to the first ray of light of the day, to a bon ton and flowery dress , to pastel nuances.
This paradise is lost not only because the oerfume was unfortunately discontinued by the Maison Givenchy (and I ask myself: Why?) but also because, changing my address and transporting too many objects, I didn't find anymore the precious 50ml bottle I owned and which was one of the last presents given to me by my mother for Christmas.
R.I.P. dear "Fleur d'interdit"...I'll smell you in my best dreams!

Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
How many memories if I think of this flowery, Young and soft fragrance I wore when I was about 20! Unfortunately lost :'(

by Flaconesse
by Flaconesse
Die verbotene Blume / The forbidden flower
by Marta
by Marta
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Givenchy

Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2021) (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Parfum) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy Cologne by Givenchy