Gentleman Givenchy Cologne 2019

Gentleman Givenchy Cologne by Givenchy
Gentleman Givenchy Cologne is a new perfume by Givenchy for men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 19.10.2020.

Dopeweasel
I love it, but its not great.
First review on parfumo, i'll try my best to keep it a buck.

The opening is a 10. Burst of lemoney (bergamot) freshness upon opening, the iris is worth noting as well (not as strong as prada l'homme's iris, more casual but refined). Although this sounds cliche, it honestly reminds me of standing amidst a field of flowers. There is a strange appealing aquatic feel to this scent too, reminds me of my days swimming, or coming out of the shower fresh. Very bright and inoffensive notes. I will admit i'm not getting rosemary at all.

Simple fragrance make up , but as the bergamot leaves, you get the subtle musk lingering on. However the scent becomes no more than a skin scent after 1 hour on me. I do however, catching myself take whiffs off the back of my hand just to enjoy it, however it would be strictly a scent the wearer can enjoy. Longevity wise its not great, quickly goes into a skin scent after 3 hours and then fades more rapidly after. I've hear other youtubers say the same and occasionally the dissenting opinion that it may last 6 - 7 hours.

This is one of the weaker scents by a long shot. He is the yamcha or krillin of the givenchy line when it comes to longevity and sillage, but he is a fan favourite. Not a great anime reference by a long shot, but you get me.

Hard to say whether this is worth its price being 100$ aud. Bright citrus and aromatic is honestly the most generic accords of the fragrance world. But definitely try it before you purchase it. I loved it from its opening and i work in a very closed environment (physio) which is why i purchased it. If i were to go further, you can increase the longevity by spraying it on your collar as well as your sleeves; it's a clear scent so it wont stain.
I would say that this would also be a perfect gift for others when you are not sure what fragrance to gift them (blind buy worthy if you can forgive the poor longevity and sillage). Givenchy did a great job at pertaining to a wider (15 - 30 yr old) audience with this one, but it's not as sophisticated and mature as their givenchy gentleman edp.

I highly enjoy this scent, however it's not the greatest performer.
He's not easy!
After long pondering and testing I have now purchased a Buddel Gentleman Cologne.
Now he has the ability to start exploding and then fly away incredibly fast. It was no different in the test phase. But he had to come! He's got something other scents don't. Don't ask me what it is. But there is something!
Well, as I said, he's not gonna last a normal working day. On the clothes in the evening still perceptible however with me after 3 to 4 hours the puff is out.
That's too bad I have to mention that I needed 6-8 or 10 sprays. Yes!
Then came the day when I dared to think about giving it away.
No! But then I thought to myself again. Because there's something special about it.
Well dear people now came a solution!
I wear the scent in the evening after the shower or before I go to bed. Wonderful! No more 6 to 10 more sprays! Just two more.
Then I can enjoy it in peace - the special one with the certain something!
How God created him
It has nothing to do with the original anymore. But that's almost the only thing you can blame this Givenchy cologne for. Okay, Sillage and durability are also bad, that's right. But that's it then... almost. Because actually he is only a wafer-thin copy of "Dior Homme Cologne" with a shot of "Paco"... Oh, man. Sometimes it's hard to talk your way through a (semi-)bad buy... Fun. Or at least exaggerated. Cause "gentleman cologne" isn't a bad smell. Never ever. And he is also better than most expect, even pricked out at the airport in a long test session. Especially from the other mess that looked like summer. But out of "love for the first snooper" our hobby often turns into a medium disappointment. It happens all the time... Is this such a failure on the second nose?

Let's start with the positive. There's plenty of that. From the greener "Dior Homme Cologne", which in itself is complimentary enough, to the memory of the old Duty Free Rabanne, to its refreshing aura of lemon, rosemary and iris, which comes ingeniously after a shower, this is a great place. Especially on the first nose he was exactly my booty scheme. The top note kills! Moreover, the Dior is not a hit for nothing and this fresh gentleman has a dash of spice or bitterness that makes him stand out from the crowd. Rosemary, thank you! That's why he ended up in my collection. It is easy to wear, very clean, sexy and in summer, perhaps to the white shirt, a real nose willow. All these, are enough reasons to evaluate him well and leave him in the showcase. Let's let him prove it to you this summer... And now to the downsides. Here the miserable performance would be to be called and the (despite catchy head) missing independence. It hurts, but it's not too bad. Especially when I consider his pro-arguments. Therefore: revised - no bad buy. Just not the summer cookie I'd hoped for!

Flacon: very clean, very noble, very chic
Sillage: extremely low, very discreet
Durability: hardly worth mentioning. At least not for the better. 2-3 hours. This is bad.

Conclusion: a fresh green, slightly Italian lemon. Adult and clean, light and sporty, summery and sexy. If you free yourself from the thought of the original, a very fine summer freshener. Easygoing, with manners and masculine enough. If only he hadn't left so quickly..

JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 16 months ago
Nice clean smell but it fades away in 45 minutes.
AJGAJG 17 months ago
*a fragrance enters the room in disguise
"Hi, I'm Kenneth Cole Blue - I mean Givenchy Gentleman Cologne"
*awkward looks from everyone
HugoMontezHugoMontez 20 months ago
A very classy fresh scent. In the same vein as Dior Homme Cologne. Petitgrain, bergamot and Iris. Sublime. The problem is the longevity...

by CarlMacau
by CarlMacau
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Givenchy

Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ambre Tigré by Givenchy Eau de Vetyver by Givenchy