Gentleman Givenchy (2018)Eau de Parfum

Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy

Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Givenchy for men and was released in 2018. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesDalmatian iris, Tolu balm
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Black vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.01.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

DarkWinterCS
Wrapped in the fluffy blanket for Christmas
The title really hits the mark, because the fragrance easily scores 10 points in the category "soft and fluffy".
The first thought during testing came quickly. It's like Valentino Uomo Intense. Granted, the comparison is not particularly difficult. After some time on the skin, they still have slight differences. While the Valentino has vanilla and a more noticeable sweetness after a while, the Gentino has a more delicate sweetness and some balsamic components.

Like Valentino, the fragrance is defined by its powdery iris and the soft combination with vanilla. These are the notes that accompany you from head to base. In the background, delicate pepper and lavender round off the whole thing, so that an extremely soft but also elegant essence of our nose is presented.
Like Valentino, the fragrance is not so masculine. Because, you can even wear it as a woman with a healthy self-confidence. But you should be aware that the fragrance is very potent and generates a lot of attention. Although he comes along elegantly, it's more like a wink with a fence post.

In any case, it remains a fragrance that you should have tested in winter (if you don't know the Valentino yet).
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Everything done right
I like the Givenchy fragrance series and now I'm going to describe the gentleman of fragrances badly.
Why he's a real gentleman?! Let me try to explain To the scent itself, he's not an unknown. You're spoilt for choice. He's in the Powdery-Sweet category. The most famous in the series is the Dior. But also Valentino and Zara are almost equally well positioned. Each time with small differences. It's funny why they don't open a barrel here like they do with all the Aventus Dupes when a fragrance comes on the market that is similar to a well-known perfect scent. Personally, I don't mind it at all. Even if a 1000 Aventus clone is on the market. Competition stimulates business.

But why this fragrance is a true gentleman comes now.
The scent pyramid is given a greater intensity in relation to his version in "Eau de Toilette".
It begins with a spicy chord consisting exclusively of black pepper.
His heart then surprises us with its flowery influence of the iris. Not quite as strong and obtrusive as the other two intensive powders. Very well perceptible but not penetrating. Finally, in the background, which shows us the most seductive and masculine facet, vanilla pod and patchouli are added. Also here not too penetrating but perfectly coordinated. Not too sweet vanilla which I then also no longer like It is therefore a perfect balance for nocturnal moments, special occasions or a romantic evening with a partner.
Its durability is enormous. Still perceptible after 12 hours. It makes me feel so safe. I use it when I want to be sure that I still want to smell good over a longer period of time. The Sillage is great too. Not too intrusive and not too harmless. Little story on the side: I was a mudmaster last year. At home I put three sprayers on my sports shirt. After hours of muddy fighting I passed a small group of women and they called me directly after me loudly that I smell damn good. That was really funny because I didn't even notice him anymore. So much for stamina
I like the bottle very much. Straight lines with curved corners and completely black glass.

Among the powdery-sweet scents I find him a true gentleman. Since it is, I think, the most perfectly tuned. Not too crass and pushy but still very perceptible and a complimentary godsend. For young and old and wearable for every occasion
8.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

The Gentle Tender One
The first thing you can perceive is a liberating, intense and powerful, lovely Mediterranean note, which has a fine balanced herbaceous nuance resonating in the background and is due to the lavender.

At the same time, the lavender is enveloped by a very beautiful aromatic, subtly spicy note of pepper, which ensures that the fragrance gets something very soft and smooth and is also responsible for the wonderfully unobtrusive masculine aura and I suspected white pepper instead of black pepper here.

Already in the first few minutes, the actual theme of the fragrance can be subliminally guessed that a little later it will reveal itself completely.

A very bright, creamy and slightly powdery note can now be perceived, which carries a very fine, crystal-clear, soapy touch in the background and gives the fragrance a gentle but very pleasant coolness and comes from the pale iris.

The iris is surrounded by an incredibly dense, soft, and sweetish balsamic note of Tolu balsam, with a very delicate crème brulée fragrance, which gives the fragrance a very pleasant, discreetly buttery, supple, tender heaviness - and all this without the fragrance losing its masculinity.

In the last 4 hours, the fragrance properties of Tolublsam make a very small but noteworthy change of direction in very viscous steps.

Givenchy Gentleman maintains the density of the Tolu balsam, but becomes smoother, creamier and slightly sweetish, to be completed by subtle earthy tones that derive from the interplay of black vanilla and Indian patchouli.

In total the fragrance lasts 9 hours on my skin
In the first 2 hours the Sillage is designed in such a way that you can be perceived very clearly on a whole arm length and settles down to a very clearly perceptible half arm length for 2 hours, before it is reduced in quiet steps until the fragrance has died down.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Shuqush" for the bottling.
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Sweet Powder Part 1 of 4: Gentleman Givenchy
It started with me, as probably with many others, with Dior Homme Intense. Around 2011, I discovered him, just started my design studies, and was able to get really enthusiastic about him because of his unusual, almost creative fragrance nuances. Sweet powder with lipstick became one of my favorite DNAs and I actually own many of the scents that some received as interchangeable: Dior Homme Intense, Prada L'Homme Intense, Valentino Uomo Intense, to name the most famous. And this one too.

Almost 8 years after the big bang DHI I get in touch with Gentleman Givenchy for the first time. At the airport on the way to the south, I take the great bottle in my hand, spray it on my wrist without knowing what kind of scent it was, but then knew immediately that I must have it. And although it went to the south, the scent didn't really fit, I packed it. It begins a little spicy at first, the powder needs a few seconds to join it. As soon as the fragrance has settled, a cloud of powdery-sweet elegance surrounds you. Yes, of course there are intersections to DHI here, even very strong ones. While the Dior colleague is a bit more fruity, sometimes even slightly citric, the Givenchy is darker and more mystical. Over time, creamy, slightly balsamic notes are added, the vanilla balances the patchouli well, the iris provides permanent powder, which is why you are always in a triangle of powder, sweetness and darkness. The shelf life and Sillage are good to very good.

Now one could still discuss how the fragrance is to be used. Today I know that DHI was actually used "wrong" by me at that time. To the morning lecture in the lecture hall in T-shirt and jeans and in May - that doesn't really fit. Like the DHI, the gentleman Givenchy has a noble aura that makes him perfect for special occasions, perhaps in a suit. In my opinion, these kinds of fragrances do not necessarily need this. I personally like to wear the darker powder with my T-shirt and leather jacket. Or if I feel like it.

Does a gentleman Givenchy still need to be in the collection if you already have another powder scent? No, unless you're, like me, a fan of this scent DNA. All four are different, even if only in nuances, and have their raison d'être:

Dior Homme Intense - the lipstick
Prada L'Homme Intense - the sweetest
Valentino Uomo Intense - the calmest
Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy - the darkest

I'm glad to have all four.

7.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Adhead
A hammer or the hammer, that is the question here!
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is my first comment.
(Please have mercy on the TF tear)..

In search of an autumn winter scent that should accompany me in the cold days I tested the Gentleman and Noir Extreme.
In a Douglas around the corner I found the potential victims of my newly formed luxury need.

For me, fragrances are more important in the first 3 hours than shelf life. Both are Power Houses. The gentleman wasn't very sweet after the Noir Extrem, but Noir Extrem got on my nerves too much (Too sweet scents or Gourmandig sweetness are not my case, but I hate chocolate as well). That's why I washed it off.

Continue in text-

Since I was a little irritated about the gentleman, I began to research.

Unfortunately I don't know DHI yet and I don't want to wear it until it's less people.
i only tried Valentino Uomo Intense.
I find the parallels to VUI.

However, I see the fragrance more independently than just a copy or dupe or anything else of VUI.
I find Gentleman in the early 20s years I'm in as the perfect suit companion for autumn!
It is so sweet but still so serious (not serious serious, but determinedly serious, appropriately serious...) thanks to the really discreetly perfectly detailed freshness in the first hour and a half. Afterwards the fragrance is refined to a warm vanilla coat and powdered, which clings so beautifully to you as
Caramel in a piece of chocolate.
Such a beautiful vanilla I smelled so far only rarely - exactly my taste.

a little pepper is added to say goodbye (discreet but perceptible), which gives the fragrance the final crowning masculinity.
It's an incredibly long-lasting fragrance that can compete with some of Rasasi's fragrances in terms of shelf life.

a toast to Nathalie Lorson...
Gentleman by Givenchy, You like sweet heavy fragrances, but want to come fresh, are young or want to feel young ?
This is your case/winter scent...
8.0 9.0 8.0 7.5/10

The cuddly gentleman
The Gentleman Givenchy I had bought in the summer in the Duty - Freeshop in the Airport Amsterdam, without knowledge of him, or the original "Gentleman Givenchy", the EDT which, as I now know, smells completely different. I think it's a pity that a whole series of them, plus the "Gentleman only" series, is unimaginative and inappropriate. Especially because they smell so different. Not only happens with Givenchy ;)

Back to the airport.
Unfortunately I underestimated the Sillage of this EDP - much to the chagrin of my neighbours in the plane. Because the perfume doesn't start out like a gentleman with a spicy sweet explosion that no one can escape. It only becomes pleasant after about 30 minutes, when the waves smooth and the scents interlock perfectly. Vanilla, lavender and patchouli can only be guessed at individually, but form an incredibly soft, cuddly composition. The pepper gives the whole pepp and something masculine. But what fascinates me most is the sweetness that this fragrance radiates.
I do not perceive them sweetly in the actual sense - and thus not intrusively -. Here I smell much more something that reminds me of the smell of powdery dextrose.
The whole thing creates a cuddly - passionate - and serious fragrance at the same time. These are all characteristics that actually contradict each other and co-exist here so ingeniously next to each other.
And that's the scent it stays with. A spectacular course is therefore missing.
The durability of the perfume I find corresponding to an EDP - it lasts throughout the day, but can also be washed off the next morning if you want to wear something else.
Seasonally I see the scent in autumn and winter. The fragrance gives you the warmth you long for in the cold months, just like the spicy sweetness you know from Christmas markets.
And here one already notices where the gentleman belongs: in relaxed, quiet places, in a cosy evening. For a date you have my recommendation, it is generally well received. He didn't lose anything at the office for that.
I am happy to be able to wear it more often now.

And guys, yes you can't see the level, but... it's the same with a lot of other perfumes.
8.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

Do his name credit
A scent to let an evening end comfortably by the fireplace in the moderate light of the dwindling embers or to go out for a meal with a friend. Very pleasant vanilla note, sweet and yet not feminine due to the spiciness of pepper. Seductive and yet courteous - a real gentleman. The fragrance has an enormous H/S, but is never penetrating or disturbing in its areas of application. The gentleman just likes to be smelled.

Occasions: A leisure scent for going out or casual occasions. No office/business fragrance.

One of my first perfumes and I still like to wear it. For every day it is a bit too special for me and as described above it doesn't fit for every occasion. But I am always happy when the occasion allows me to wear this fragrance. Recommended for everyone who is looking for a male vanilla fragrance!
8.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

Chevalier
I don't think about restricting myself just because people don't accept that I'm doing something different. Dolly Parton
Unfortunately, the Eau Sauvage perfume is no longer available in its original form, it had to be castrated because of its mass taste, with the argument of better recognizability.
The Prada l`homme intense, which until a year ago was also a candidate of the stronger variety, was also truncated by Puig, or the employee to be carried out had made a big mistake when entering the bottling data. The durability of the current patch is many times weaker than before.
It looks like a feel-good SUV, which has two tailpipes at the rear and yet it is not clear who or whom this should impress.
Unfortunately, there are more and more of these kinds of perfumes, much packaging but less longevity.
Some new publications can be tried and after five minutes you don't really know where you sprayed it. All this at very proud prices.
I praise the upper segment of a mass manufacturer like LVHM with its large portfolio.
One finds here almost everything, from the Sauvage which is divided into Hater and proponent, or then this Givenchy which is performing the last ride of the Dior Homme intense am.
Actually, this ingenious Always-Goer came to the market too late. He is pretty close to Homme intense on the far side, but much harder, more dominant and self-confident. The sweetness almost goes down with the pepper which drowned out everything very loud in the beginning. Either you like this black Tonanageber or you leave it with quite a reluctance.
In between nothing works here, but the ingredients have been chosen to be strong and oversized.
After a while he seems more reconciled with the iris, but he never quite gets rid of the hardness.
Vanilla was probably chosen at the end, so that you can drive the extreme character a bit into the mildness.
Is that good or what do you want to think about it?

Pretty much, if not extremely much.
Such a self-confident and independent character has not been created for a long time. Here the name Parfum is true, he is probably one of the only ones who deserves this name.
No one can hold out that long, 11 hours later he is still clearly recognizable.
It's like the Bentley intense. A rogue who thinks evil. Here are the two same names with Nathalie Lorson and the manufacturer Firmenich from Geneva behind it.
Here you can see how small the world of scents is....
In the past it was products like Fahrenheit or Joop homme that drew the wearer's attention to their scent for more than a day. Today it is Nathalie Lorson's products that have the courage to starch.
As daily companion into the office with 14 square meters and 8 employees not the suitable sympathy carrier.
As a companion for people who do not want to restrict themselves, absolutely recommended.
Hopefully there will be such dominance clubs for a long time to come, which not every intolerant do-gooder likes.

But until we no longer receive such products, we should bow before this perfume art, and celebrate this stroke of genius, enjoy and above all always apply enough.

10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Balsámic iris/vanilla
This jewel is a balsámic and spicy iris/vanilla bomb. It mix perfectly the delicacy of iris, with the sweetness of vanilla, the resinous heart of tolu balm and the spicy touch of peper over a basement of patchouli which gives a Woody hint to this set. Very similar to vanilla iris by ormonde Jane, even better and very much cheaper. This is for me one of the best perfumes in the last years and probably one of the most underrated. The longevity is very good and the projection as Well. My second favourite iris scent just under Dior homme intense. They share the sweet iris heart, but where the Dior one is more woody-floral-powdery, this one is more spicy-balsamic-creamy. I like this perfume from givenchy more than valentino uomo intense, other of muy favourite iris based scents, the thrid one, more leathery in this case.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

It's for us
Many people lack their own expressive personality. Without conspicuous clothing and behaviour, as well as a 'loud' smell, they are afraid not to be noticed.
For these people, the 'gentleman' is nothing.

The wearer of this fragrance has a well developed feeling for his own value, he does not need to vie for confirmation and attention. (Sounds almost like in advertising, but I can't express it better.)

The 'Gentleman' brings a light peppery note to his performance, which is accompanied by a light, exhilarating lavender note. Here it is cleverly dosed enough to immediately reject the sensation of a 'Barber shop fragrance'. The pepper is gently used, it does not sting in the nose.

Behind these notes the iris comes into play and tries to add a little powder to the pepper. A slightly chocolaty, balsamic note, but the iris immediately takes a little strength and pulls the fragrance in a creamy direction.

Patchouli and vanilla round off this fragrance towards the end. The Patchouli forms a well used duo with the vanilla. Vanilla never gains the strength to take over this gentleman. It is listed as 'Black Vanilla' in the fragrances. Perhaps this is to be understood as a hint that here a rather 'unsweet' variant of this fragrance is to be expected.

After reaching its final orbit, a dry vanilla fragrance with a light peppery note has developed. Iris and lavender give it a floral-powdery touch, but remain beautiful in the background. The fragrance does not look like sprayed on, but like creamed in.

The scent is perceptible for a very long time, but is more in the area close to the body.

The term 'gentleman' is well chosen. A strong but discreet fragrance that is aware of it, but does not have to communicate it to everyone. Who may come into its proximity, is fascinated.
8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Norleans
Hello my name is Norleans and I'm a perfume addict!
Recently at my first meeting of the Anonymous Parfumabhängigen (APa) in Hamburg at the Fougère-Stieg 1872 in Hamburg-Schnüffelbüttel, I realized once again how much my addiction affects my Riechempfinden. There was the good gentleman Givenchy.
as an addiction example
Fun by side: I'm slowly beginning to like fragrances that would never occur to me through the mere description of the fragrance, through diligent reading of statements and comments and the selected following of my favorite perfumes, I come across fragrances in some places that would otherwise have remained hidden from me forever.
That's what happened to Gentleman Givenchy. "Powdery-sweet"! Never! Never! - Well, unfortunately, I do. At least in this absolutely ingenious combination of Givenchy.
I hardly notice the powdery, the sweetness has a light menthole/etheric note up to the heart note, which makes the fragrance appear almost fresh (my absolute favourite). From the Hernote onwards, it resonates with so much deliciousness that it almost knocks me down, in a positive sense. Even if this is not the scent for a heavy metal band, I would like to compare the scent with pieces of the band "Monstermagnet". They record songs with such power that they make you jump out of your mountain pines. It seems to me as if drölfzig soundtracks are only used for the guitars, although one would also find the piece beautiful with a guitar. But with even more guitars, it's just still great..., uh, nicer.
Even though I can't put it into words with Givenchy's gentleman: He's a bit over it in the most positive sense- I love it.

Thanks for reading

Iris/Vanilla Bomb
SOTD: Givenchy Gentleman Eau de Parfum 2018: As of 01/14/19

My take on this fragrance it has the similar DNA of Valentino Uomo Intense, but more tone down and more versatile in my opinion than VUI (Valentino Uomo Intense) for more in the fall/winter. It is a gorgeous scent I scent the Iris or Orris, Tolu Baslam and Vanilla from the opening through the dry down,with the hint of the Tonka bean, cinnamon and lavender really well balanced and blended gorgeously. It projects 3-4 hrs and is beastly on my skin for longevity it lasted on my skin/skin scent around between 12+ hrs but it still lingered around 15+ hr mark. Is a must have if you don't have DHI or VUI.

Rating

Scent: 9/10
Presentation/Design: 8.5/10
Value: 7/10
Longevity/Performance: 9/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around between 12+ hrs, was still lingering on my skin on the 15+ hr mark
Overall: 9/10
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Carlitos01
Which one do you prefer? Gentleman or Gentleman?
1994 versus 2018
Givenchy is a enigmatic perfume house. There is no such thing as a bad Givenchy, but some are kind of so so, and some others are true masterpieces. Some are elegant and light weight, and some others are real scent bombs.This dissertation may lead us to an obvious question that I have seen being argued passionately more than once:
- Which is the best Givenchy masculine fragrance to date? .... and for a vast portion of the fragrance comunity that question is equivalent to "which version of Givenchy Gentleman do you like the best?"
I guess the opinions may be divided between those two main streams, one from 1994 and the other from 2018. Some people will choose "Gentleman" and some others will prefer "Gentleman". If you ask me, I may have to ponderate it for a while, but probably I opine it to be "Gentleman". I also would place "Gentleman" in the second place. It's really a gentleman trivia.
Whatever is your opinion, my opinion or anyone's opinion, almost everybody agrees that "Gentleman" and "Gentleman" are two very well designed fragrances. Both of them have strong "personalities", are very aromatic, quite alluring, with near "beastmode"performance, with a fantastic blending, and a simple but elegant presentation. And their similarities end about there.
In between a third Gentleman has been edited (EDT 2017) but it seems to be quite forgetable when compared with the other two.

2018
Olivier Cresp and Nathalie Lorson are far from being fragrance nose rookies. Between the two of them, designer landmarks like Angel, Midnight Poison, Encre Noire and Bentley for Men Intense, were created. Givenchy decided to create a brand new "Gentleman" line instead of bastardizing their icon masterpiece from 1994. And they were clever enough to keep both lines in production or at least available for purchasing. That admirable state of mind had already given benefits when the "Les Parfums Mythiques" series was created.
The 2018 EDP has probably generated enough quorum to be considered the best designer fragrance from 2018. We, amateur fragrance lovers, tend to create anchors to reference a new perfume design, and even in the very same day of the fragrance presentation, happened the unavoidable comments of it being similar to Dior Homme Intense or to Valentino Uomo Intense. I must admit for myself that Gentleman EDP 2018 is quite intense but follows a different path of those two ilustre predecessors and competitors.
The notes listed in Parfumo are almost the same as those published at www.givenchybeauty.com; however if you look at the official ingredients list, you may conclude that other notes are used as well to compose this symphony. Those notes are at least light citrus (bergamot) at the top, moderate to heavy cinnamon and moderate cloves in the heart together with benzoin and tonka in the base. Limonene, citronellol, cinnamate, cinnamal, benzyl benzoate and coumarin are ingredients that do induce some of those "added notes".
Givenchy classifies this Eau de Parfum as a woody-floral Oriental.
Gentleman 2018 opens with a spicy-floral accord of lively pepper with the gentleness of aromatic lavender and a touch of bergamot freshness.
Contrasting notes battle in a floral heart. I thank god this perfume not having a very lipsticky iris, although this note makes the fragrance follow the actual trend for distinguished designs. So iris is blended with warm balsamic and ambery tolu balm, powdery violet scented orris, fragrant sweet cloves and a sesuous bittersweet cinnamon, giving to the fragrance a masculine pitch feeling.
The base blends a woody earthy patchouli with the sexy gloomy sweetness of black vanilla, some hints of sweet resinous vanilic benzoin and the bittersweet almond facet of coumarin (tonka).
The drydown shows some resinous spicy hints, but consists mainly of warm sweet cinnamon and a still dark and masculine vanilla.

As a summary I would say that the House of Givenchy presents us a very good perfume with this 2018 EDP edition. It leads us to forget the 2017 EDT flop. Undoubtedly it must be considered a sweet fragrance but without any gold lingots or handgrenades complexes. I also judge it to follow a different path from Dior Homme Intense and Valentino Homme Intense. Some other comparisons with fragrances like a few Prada juices or Zara 9.0 just does not make any scense in my opinion.
Givenchy declares Gentleman EDP 2018 as an Oriental fragrance and with an explosive signature capability. I tend to agree but I will only give a definite opinion after a math analysis.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Scent opening...........8.75 (very good peppered lavanda accord)
Scent Dry Down........10.0 (Excellent dark vanilla, superior earthy/resinous/sweet hints)
Longevity (h) ..............8.5 (up to 9 hours with 2 sprays)
Sillage (ft)....................8.0 (5 ft with 2.5 h of projection)
Versatility....................8.0 (Above average; avoid any tipe of hot weather )
Usability......................8.5 (To intense/sweet for the office; avoid gym and beach)
Compliments..............9.0 (A compliment magnet, although not the market best)
Uniqueness.................9.0 (Some vibes in common with other upscale fragrances)
Quality........................10.0 (high ingredients quality, excelent cap & sprayer, heavy bottle)
Presentation...............9.0 (a matter of opinion)
Price.............................7.0 ($ 53 plus taxes for 100 ml)
- Average:................8.7/10.0
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on this alluring Gentleman:
Good presentation, very good overall scent, pleasing a lot of people! Above average performance. Pricing still a bit expensive. During 2019 the on line price will come down to the actual level of Gentleman 1994.
Recommended? I suggest you to try it before purchasing it.
Blind buy worthy? Yes if you feel confortable with its type of scent and fits your budget.

Music: Gentleman - "Superior"
8.0 6.0 8.0 10.0/10

I bow down
I'm not a writer, that's in advance, but since you can't seem to criticize without writing something yourself, I'll try it sometime.
I have great respect for the great writers here, who always put a lot of effort into it and I like to be inspired by them. This makes me critical if someone sells only one sentence as comment.
So I bow to the great writers here.

Anyway, I'm not, but I found a fragrance here that I like very much and that I can recommend.
He constantly smells like iris vanilla with a pinch of pepper.
I really like that and also the durability is super.
Therefore I bow to this fragrance.

I think it's elegant and I got some good feedback.

Who has time should test him.
7.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

THE BOMB
This massive EdP is really hitting, like a bomb. The Sillage is a real knockout. Therefore, dose sparingly - for the sake of the environment !!!!!! But in the right measure a great men fragrance, which certainly not everyone wears (no mainstream). The powdery-pfeffrig-vanillige is certainly not everyone's thing, but mine ;) . In contrast to the EdT rather no summer scent. No, you shouldn't do that to anyone. Can also be worn by a woman who likes powdery-sweet scents. Thumbs up. Big perfume. They can do it, the French can
10.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

Schoork
When you understand your job
A few weeks ago I sent my better half off to test some of the scents I had discovered for myself and which I had told and raved about. She then left in my absence and as is usually the case when you enter a perfumery, she soon had the company of a local saleswoman who chased her through the shop to get all the fragrances together.

There were quite a few that she was supposed to test, the vacation was coming up and I wanted to buy a summer scent before. It became the Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, but we also tested some Iris scents and casually mentioned my Holde that your LIeblings scent on me is Dior Homme Intense, the Iris perfume by which every other must be measured
The salesgirl knew how to handle this information very well and then said there was something new to show her...it was the new gentleman from Givenchy.

She also liked it and so immediately the information reached me that there was something new that I had not yet had on the screen. We got also a sample with, so that I could test it completely in peace times a day and what should I say, since yesterday this smell belongs to my small collection.

Today I had it on all day in the office and even now after almost 12h is still easily perceptible on my neck.

The fragrance itself is wonderfully pleasant and starts off spicy, but not sharp, then the powdery iris, the iris, comes, but in a more discreet form, such as in the Dior or Valentino. The perfume is more discreet and reserved in my eyes anyway, maybe one or the other will miss the strong one, but I find it just right here. After some time he really becomes vanilla soft and the iris moves into the background without ever disappearing completely. At the end it gets a little smoky/woody, which is what the Patchouli is.

The fragrance has been great throughout and was indeed well wearable in the office because it has no murder situation and, as mentioned above, takes a back seat. But I could always smell him on me throughout the day. Very pleasant, because I thought at first that this is a scent to go out, but in the suit he certainly looks good, therefore a all-purpose weapon.

The bottle with 50ml lies super in the hand and looks in black with transparent bottom very noble, is massive and does justice to the fragrance. An eye-catcher.

I owe it to my dearest ones and quasi the unknown saleswoman, therefore unknown greetings and good job!
8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

IrisMann
Dior Homme meets Obsession for Men and hands over a huge bouquet of lavender!

Slowly the companies and the perfumers dare something again. After Cartier's L´Envol and a few other dark and/or powdery new fragrances, Givenchy now also dares a little something.

Gentleman Givenchy Eau de Parfum begins in the top note herb-fresh. No sour fruit pops around your ears but lavender and a light portion of pepper clear your nose. Unusual after all the synthetic-fresh waters of recent years.

The heart note is Dior Homme pure in a bed of lavender. The lipstick chord is there and with the light breeze of the lavender is shifted a little bit into the harsher right and thus gets a more masculine side.

Then the base comes relatively fast and I had to rummage in my memories. The smell seemed so familiar. But no modern Synthi water smells so velvety. And after some thought, I came upon Calvin Klein's obsession for men. Immediately a comparison test was started and really, the basic components of both fragrances smell very similar.

So I mean that here the 2000s meet the 80s in the sun-flooded lavender field.

A great novelty that could have a bit more "Wumms". I can't help it! ;O) I'm just a child of the 80s and 90s.

I hope that more innovative new releases in the medium price segment will come onto the market in the near future.

Just a small warning to the friends of the eau de toilette of the same name. The Eau de Parfum is an independent fragrance and has very little in common with the Eau de Toilette published last year. So it's better to test first. But I think it's worth it.
7.0 6.0 7.0 6.5/10

Hard Core Soft Porn
It reminds me of Dior Homme Intense, Valentino Uomo Intense, some Pradas and several contemporary creations, but it possesses some personalized Givenchy touch. It opens with a strong iris note accompanied by lavender. This iris-lavender is somehow waxy and strange, and I personally prefer Dior Homme Intense iris. Behind is like an ambrette note that gives the composition some niche electrical charge. A pale and fruity Tolu balsam is also present (note: Tolu balsam might be a new Tonka). The base is made of some vanilla fragments I cannot describe easily. It is dark, but not heavy. Present and fleeting at the same time, conjugated with some amber-like aspects

Rating: 6.5/10

More on Scentimentalwords

KimJong 40 hours ago
EDP is also really good. But it's a shame that Original Gentleman's nice old-school leather, which I liked, is gone.
Emorandeira 6 months ago
One of the most underrated perfumes in the last years. Close to Dior homme but more creamy-balsamic-spicy instead of floral-woody-powdery+1
10.0
DPArtist 13 months ago
I've never been a fan of iris scents but this dark beauty has left me confused! It's just so alluring, like a femme fatale, naughty but nice+2
Carlitos01 14 months ago
After years of praising the first Gentleman and 1 year ignoring the 2017 EDT, I confess that this 2018 EDP astonished me. Great fragrance!+4
Jazzy76 16 months ago
As black as its bottle: peppery and balsamic with a good sillage. A magnetic scent !I love it+3

by Vrabec
by Schoork
by Strait
by Strait

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy