Gentleman Givenchy (2017) Eau de Toilette

Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy
Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) (Givenchy)
Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) (Givenchy)
Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) is a new perfume by Givenchy for men and was released in 2017. The scent is powdery-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Leather, Black vanilla

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 11.10.2018

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson, photographed by his wife Sam Taylor-Johnson.

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 4.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Silent gentleman
Givenchy scents I never really had on my radar. This is because the top notes don't suit my taste and the newcomers are too synthetic.

Nevertheless I gave Gentleman edT a chance and after a quarter of an hour he convinced me. Despite the powdery note, leather and lavender are used quite well. The elegance lies in the quantity and it was executed cleanly. He reminds me a little of Dior Fahrenheit when this one comes to an end. But what disturbs me is this synthetic iris component, because it comes pale and I feel uncomfortable to perceive it hours later.
The durability is fine and he remains silent in this time
Courteous Gentleman
I think this is a little better than the rating it gets here and on another review site. Starts off really floral, which had me worried, but eventually settles to a lite sweet-ish fragrance. If there's patchouli and leather in there I'm guessing the pear, vanilla and lavender keep it very tame.
Not really sexy but very friendly and will go well with a casual look like sport coat and a nice pair of jeans.
Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
Pear (e) charm and melon
Gentleman, by definition a person belonging to the nobility, characterized by education and fine manners. This is how you imagine it.
If I were the client for a fragrance that should bear the name Gentleman, I would expect something that promises quality but remains price compatible for the masses. The fragrance components should please in a discreet way rather than shouting out loud from the crowd. I would put on a scent that doesn't disturb at the dinner table and pleases the dearest one in the embrace: modern, but not chumming up.
Givenchy has reached his goal for me, the name is program. I like to put on this fragrance when I want to smell good without excitement. After sports, eating pizza or just with friends or family.
Safe fragrance...

What I think about this one is that it's a safe option. I don't particularly think it's bad in any way, maybe just safe and pleasing. It's not one that would offend and I think it's a perfectly acceptable option for any man out there.

I get that this is an update of an original fragrance, but this smells similar to many offerings out there. I get a great floral composition here. The iris and lavender (two of my favourite notes) are paired with leather - a fantastic combination, and coupled with what I think is hedione (the synthetic jasmine similar to Dior - Eau Sauvage). Other fruity notes may accentuate the composition which remains fresh and sweet.

In summary, there is nothing wrong whatsoever with this fragrance, I find it very agreeable and pleasing, and I think people will like it. Longevity and projection are not great here so bear in mind to apply liberally. I think it's probably a better fragrance than Gentlemen Only however I must admit that the house of Givenchy has seen better days in the past.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 5.5/10
Doesn't smell too cheap so I guess that's a plus
Typical fresh opening, some fresh and fruity pear mixed with some freshness from the lavender, boring background woody/vanilla notes, nothing new here, same generic crap, but for a generic fragrance is nice, soft and clean, didn't bother me so the quality is ok, can't say the same for most designer releases this year that smell like deodorant and hairspray. Can't really say much about this one, it's ok, just that, ok... Hard to dislike so a safe bet and doesn't smell very cheap so, that's a plus now a days, actually better then most givenchy.

Guapo 15 months ago
This means what? Are they going to discontinue the fantastic and unique Givenchy Gentleman (1974)?+2
Bottle 10.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 7.5
MrHonest 102 days ago
A more linear version of the opening to CH Men Prive with a tiny bit more fruitiness. Shockingly similar though.
Bottle 8.0

• by TomLavender by TomLavender
  • by KLewis by KLewis
  • by Tarik69 by Tarik69

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy