Hot Couture (2000)

Hot Couture by Givenchy
Bottle Design: Serge Mansau

Hot Couture is a perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 2000. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Raspberry, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Black pepper, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.06.2019

4.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

my current favorite
i blind bought this perfume based on reviews on youtube and i can't believe i hated it at first!
after couple of days i started to like the scent and now i'm addicted to it. the amount of sweetness is just perfect for me and i love the soft smokiness of the edt version.
i wear it in both summer and winter and i think it's suitable for all seasons.
7.5 7.5 3.0/10

Gaspberry and Dirty Ashtrays
Perhaps I should have guessed from the ridiculous name that Givenchy HOT COUTURE would be a mess, and it really is. The opening smells like artificially flavored red cough syrup--could be raspberry, but it's artificial, so it could also be gaspberry... From there, unfortunately, things just get worse...

The middle stage of HOT COUTURE edp smells exactly like a dirty ashtray. This is not a smokey but a dirty-ash smell. Although I am not a smoker, I love few things more than the scent of the smoke trailing off of a freshly lit cigarette or a just struck match. I even like the smell of pipe smoke. But I have zero tolerance for second-hand smoke or the lingering nastiness that infects my clothes when I have the misfortune of spending time in a cigarette-smoke-filled chamber. HOT COUTURE smells like that to me. It reminds of the time I had a facial done by a woman who had just taken a cigarette break and neither brushed her teeth nor washed her hands before our session.

The drydown of HOT COUTURE does become more tolerable with time, but only because the scent diminishes in strength. No other fragrance I know of smells like HOT COUTURE. But that is for a very good reason. This is a big, loud "No!" to my nose.
7.5 10.0/10

Deek
Hot Couture, simply the best.
Hot couture has been my signature perfume since 2ooo. There is an elegance and sensuality to it that I have not experienced in any other perfume that I have tried. I love the way the raspberry note mixed with vetiver and cedar dance so beautifully together. I would never call it green or compare it to Chanel 19 because it is spicy and woodsy and a tiny bit sweet. That is just my opinion and the way it wears on me...remember body chemistry is the final ingredient so I can imagine this might be different on different people or even in different seasons.
A beautiful scent!

Hot Couture Givenchy
I'v heard so much good reviews about H.C so when i finally got my sample and was disappointed expected
something more juicier and with more projection but instead it's has a synthetic Strawberry Jam scent
with a plastic drydown I don't see any sex appeal
nor artistry I notice tuberose when it mixed with
Magnolia it's a recipe for nausea Not even the etchings
of a black pepper drydown can save this I tried to like this sorry to the fans of Hot Couture but it's not for
me.
5.0 7.5 5.0/10

Grassy raspberry and pepper
This was a very odd fragrance indeed. I totally wasn't expecting what I smelt when I intially applied Hot Couture.

The previous reviewers are not wrong in stating that this is a peppery floral scent. It's quite sharp and surprising to my nose.

I know many of you will go crook on me for saying this, but Hot Couture really reminds me of Chanel No.19. It has a grassy/green quality to it that I can't deny.

In my personal opinion, I don't think this fragrance would be very well suited to young women, it seems to take a more mature and sophisticated approach. Don't get me wrong however, I'm not saying this is an 'old-lady fragrance'.

I don't actually get the raspberry and vanilla in Hot Couture, which I'm a little disappointed about. To be honest, I don't find this scent sweet or fruity at all.

I'd choose Versace Woman as a better alternative if you're looking for a raspberry and spicy/herb scent.

DorothyGrace 4 years ago
I tested and tested this (2011) - beautiful magnolia so I bought it. 2 months later it was overwhelming fantasy raspberry.+1

by Andreas09
by EvaK
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy