L'Interdit (2018) Eau de Parfum

Version from 2018
L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy

L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Jasmine sambac
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vetiver, Ambroxan

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is American actress Rooney Mara.

6.0 8.0 7.5/10

Paris91
Wrigley's Extra, Hubba Bubba or Mentos Gum?
Since Saturday a test strip fragrances the whole bedroom.
What do you want me to say? The scent is pure! But the finest.

At the WE I had planned to test some fragrances that have been around for a while, but I never really noticed them, because they are described as too arbitrary, too sweet, etc.. Super that it is now a little colder and my craving for sweet and heavy has awakened again ;)

Unlike most of them here, the tuberose is not an enemy of mine. But I have to admit, I don't like all fragrances with tuberose either. Especially Gucci Bloom. I'd love to run away from him ;)

L'Interdit, on the other hand, I like it a lot. Yes he is quite sweet and doesn't really go through a development with me (of course also skin test) but he is not bad at all!

From the orange blossom only a short breath comes towards me. I'm not really taking jasmine. The Tuberrose has her pants on and decides where to go.
Patchouli and vetiver tame Queen Tuberrose towards the end and do not let the scent drift into the unbearably sweet.

Now that I'm sniffing at the test strip (which I don't have to, because it still smells like it in the whole bedroom) I have to say that it reminds me a bit of MMMM from JHAG. It's just the typical chewing gum-like scent of the tuber rose. Must like :)

The shelf life was approx. 3 hours. So it's not really madness. However, the fragrance has a madness Sillage. Which can also be difficult because he's really cute.

Well, I'm split. L'Interdit definitely has its charm and is also a beautiful fragrance. Despite that, I'd rather smell the scent on the stripe than on my skin. At MMMM it wasn't enough to buy, that says it all ;)

Miss Dior Cherie only softer
Smells very soft, warm and feminine. To me, it resembles Miss Dior Cherie edp very much. But it's also its own, and the durability is unbeatable even lasts longer than Alien von Mugler.
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Sweet and wonderful
The perfume is admittedly very sweet at first, but then it quickly evolves into a warm, sunscreen-scented seductive mixture. Very refined with all the sweet bombs that there are otherwise so. In summer evening sprayed on warm skin, a sex bomb ;-)
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Interdit
Times have changed... and so has L'Interdit
Absolute class! L'Interdit is just a suave embrace of white floral bliss.
It's like a wedding dress: radiant, innocent and yet alluring, dreamy and sexy.
No point comparing this with the previous Interdit; they are generations apart, spirit apart, distinctively separated by times.

This is an amazing fragrance, suitable for both day and night, office and private life.
The tuberose here is a Queen of discreet charm, enchanting without being vulgar. There is nothing synthetic about it: perhaps some notes in the composition confuse some people.

It's simply a 10/10, well done Gyvenchy!

First and only scent I've ever loved made by this house...
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Forbidden sweet
For a long time I struggled with myself whether I should comment on the new L' Interdit at all. Cause he's not the best L'Interdit I ever smelled. In the Givenchy L'Interdit ranking of 5 L'Interdits he is in 5th place, but that's because I didn't like him very much in the beginning: The synthetic-floral sweetness of the initial phase must first be overcome. It's this honey-sticky trend head note that you unfortunately find far too often lately and that I find hard to bear. And I'm a sweetheart! I also don't shy away from Turkish baklava, Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum or Sorriso. But they also all smell more natural, refined and gourmand than this breath paralyzing sweetener.
Enough criticism. L' Interdit 2018 will still be beautiful sometime, namely in the direction of vintage Chloé, the 70s scent. This is the moment when he even seems almost classic and noble, like a true L' Interdit. If even Hubert ("Üh-ber'") would consider putting his name under it, he would still be among us.
But still, I'm too old for this version, or it's too young for me.
The flacon is very similar to the 50s predecessor of the same name, the fragrance is not. Kind of blasphemous.
5.0 6.0 6.0 5.5/10

Madnetic
Chewing gum from the vending machine
Do you remember the time when the colorful chewing gum balls rolled out of the vending machines everywhere? For me, this fragrance is pure childhood. It smells exactly the same as those colorful chewing gum balls tasted from the vending machines. One to one.
7.0 7.0 8.0 4.5/10

Gold
...and no one forbids them
When Truman Capote published his short novel "Breakfast at Tiffany's" in 1958, he tried, with an ironic undertone and a feeling for social taboo breaks, to draw the bitterly evil portrait of a "live girl" who lets herself be paid for by rich men and exploited at the same time.
However, the verminification of the work never found its recognition. "Tiffany" has as much resemblance to his book as "the Rockettes' dance guards with the famous prima ballerina Galina Ulanova", he said in an interview and added: "I could puke".

L'Interdit by Givenchy, the perfume that Hubert G. created especially for Audrey Hepburn in 1957 and which the actress initially refused to market ("I forbid you to do this", she is said to have said to him - hence the name, "The ban") was a floral-aldehyde 50's fragrance that always reminded me of Chanel's No. 5. The LVMH Group has already been relaunched twice (most recently in 2007 in the collection "Les Parfums Mythiques") in 2018 with a re-launch that is deliberately intended to tie in with the great tradition.

No less than three successful professional noses have set about implementing contemporary specifications.
When I smell the result today like this, I notice a generic arbitrariness that makes me sadly shake my head in its mass market conformity, which only craves for market shares.
A little bit of Elli-Saab appeal here, sticky, sweet cardboard there, how was it with "La vie est belle", the tuberose molecule still works, Jasmin-Sambac always pulls, Ambroxan was just back on special offer.
The liquid is soft rosé (wonderful today my girlfriend with the ultimate statement: "If the scent is already pink, you can forget it anyway").

Advertising text swagger about freedom, breaking taboos, adventure... blablabla blup. Modell is remotely similar to Audrey, but does not come close to her (but who does?).

In New York the house Krigler launched on 28.4. in honour of Hepburns 89th birthday on 4.5.2018 a soap, which fits to another of her favourite perfumes, namely to "English Promenade 19".

"The girl is going to make her breasts completely out of fashion", said Billy Wilder after the shooting of "Sabrina" about Hepburn.
This statement has probably a small truth content, finally there was at that time still the Monroe.
However, it could prove true that the LVMH Group is slowly going to be able to completely dislodge large perfumes.
The new "L'Interdit" marks this way.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Jazzy76
Letter to Audrey (Hepburn)
Dear Audrey,wherever you are,
Have you heard that the maison Givenchy here on the earth relaunched a new version of your legendary perfume created by Monsieur Hubert de Givenchy?
I know, you remember very well the pyramid of the vintage version: Aldehyde accord, Bergamot, Mandarin, Peach, Strawberry at the top, a heart made of Rose, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Ylang-ylang, Iris, Narcissus and finally the warm and deep base notes: Tonka bean, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Benzoin, Amber, Cistus, Musk .
Well, dear Audrey, times have changed and tastes too.
Well, nowadays you will smell first a smooth and feminin cloud of Jasmine, but immediately a warm and vibrant tuberose note will hit your nose. But you'll remember mainly the base: a very warm and cocooning patchouli, not too earthy, and the ambroxan, a sort of synthetic amber very pleasant: oriental , sweet, round and not at all medicinal.
Are you surprised? this is is the new bouquet for the woman in little black dress of the third millennium.
The sillage is good and the result is pleasant and quite longlasting.
The bottle too is very different : you' ll find a minimal but anyway classy round bottle .
Do you agree? would you like to try this 3.0 version of your scented second skin? I'm sure that nothing will replace your vintage perfume, but give a chance to this new one.
Greetings from 2018, Jazzy
5.0 8.0 10.0 5.5/10

Forbidden...to cross the line
Givenchy L’Interdit opens with a strong, sweet cherry rendered more sparkling and pulpy by juicy pear. Not too medicinal so as to evoke cough syrup, nor too tart or dark, but a cheerful, radiant and girly.

Then the tuberose emerges from the heart with its chalky texture. As expected from a fragrance aimed at the mass market, the tuberose here is forbidden to show any camphor-green, mushroom or animalic nuances. It’s polished, clean, well-mannered, so as to not cross any line. While it’s not my favourite interpretation of this flower, as a modern tuberose of recent years, I like this new version of L’Interdit better than Hermès Twilly, thanks to the subtle vegetal, almost celery-like accent and a transparency in texture brought out by ambroxan in L’Interdit, instead of the artificial sandalwood in rendering it muddy and weighing it down in Twilly.

The dry down of L’Interdit comes back to the more familiar territory of fruitchouli, where the clean yet medicinal patchouli darkens the initially fresh cherry and turns it into cherry jam along with caramel and vanilla. The sillage is heavy, while it can last more than 12 hours on my skin.

It’s probably no surprise to anyone that this 2018 version of Givenchy L’Interdit smells nothing like the original one. The fragrance also doesn’t sit well with the new spin on the “forbidden” theme as it’s firmly within current clean tuberose and sweet fruitchouli trend. However, I still quite like the middle phase with that unexpected vegetal twist on clean tuberose, albeit in a pretty discreet way. I think it might worth considering for those who are looking for a slightly more grown-up, less gourmand fruitchouli fragrance.
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Back in the honeymoon
When my husband and I met, we were always accompanied by the blossoming wasteful Fleur d'interdit - and we both loved it equally.

It suited our infatuation, with long phone calls and excited meetings, because it separated us a few kilometers, and we had to be patient, which was not easy for us.
They were feverishly awaiting the weekends to sink into their arms with relief.

Now, after years of marital activity, I curiously tried L`interdit, hoping to find the pink honeymoon again.

No, already the pyramid speaks a different language, which the scent also redeems.

He is more serious and more mature than Fleur, but he also fits in better with the living conditions that have been set in the meantime.
I have to admit that - with some regret.
The orange blossom has a warm, deep tone - we can no longer speak of fidgety infatuation, but rather of knowing trust.
Jasmine is not radiant, but creamy white - and the sweet tuberose is grounded by vetiver.
The patchouli has a smoky tone.

An elegant, mature fragrance that I could wear well these days.

But still I prefer to think back to my then sparkling fleur d`interdit.
8.0 5.0 7.0 1.0/10

New L’Interdit
I wore this perfume growing up and was so excited that it was back. I was very disappointed in the scent. It is not at all similar to the original scent that I loved. :(

Gorgia 62 days ago
L'interdit is a perfect blend of gourmand and white flowers.This enchanting and provocative scent wil cocoon you in a cloud of deliciousness+1
9.0
Interdit 9 months ago
Life is a concoction of events tied together by the memory of scents.+1
Jazzy76 13 months ago
What could Audrey say ? I think that this reformulated fragrance, anyway pleasant and warm, is totally different from the legendary one.+1

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy