Organza (1996) Eau de Parfum

Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy
Bottle Design: Serge Mansau

Organza (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Sophie Labbé

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Gardenia, Green notes, Nutmeg, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneysuckle, Iris, Jasmine, Peony, Tuberose, Walnut
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Gaiac wood, Woods, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.10.2019

DulcemioDulcemio 7 years ago

„A white floral that I LOVE? Surely the apocolypse is nigh.”

Lola82Lola82 8 years ago

„Tuberose and Almonds ”

Organza is a Multi-faceted Hodge podge of a scent it changes like a Chameleon like when you first spray it on your skin it's zesty opening of Bergamot Orange...
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

LiliSahm
Deliciously sexy honeyed white flowers wrapped by warm woodsy,vanilla,spicy,nutty heaven
Organza was an unexpected love for me as I thought it's going to be too mature for a 24years old and a heavy,dated perfume.I couldn't be more wrong! I was surprised to smell such a deliciously sexy scent when I first tried it.it's multi faceted but everything is so smoothly blended that it doesn't seem too much.honeyed white flowers,vanilla,spices,subtle almost creamy woods and nutty,slightly powdery notes blend to the perfection to create this warm,cozy,feminine,seductive scent.truely delicious but very different with modern gourmands as it's deep and rich,sweet but not sickly,and has a sophisticated,confident,lady-like vibe.oh and it's very addictive as I can't stop sniffing my hand whenever I apply it
I love honeysuckle and I can really smell it here hand in hand with jasmine and gardenia and as a gourmand lover I can't get enough of it's vanilla,nutmeg,walnut combo in a wrapped by a honey-like,creamy warmth
It's been one of my top favorite autumn perfumes since four years ago and I love wearing it on a fancy evening out or a date night.I can see nothing old or dated in it,just sensual feminine refinement
Not a safe blindbuy but make sure to try it even if you're not usually into pre2000 perfumes or white florals

MasterLi
A grown-up floral beauty...
So, from my experience, the house of Givenchy has always specialised in making distinctly feminine perfumes. In the sense that the one this reminds me of (which my mother used to own) was Ysatis, which again was a very grown up and feminine fragrance.

With Organza, I get a sweet honeyed jasmine with supporting notes of tuberose and gardenia. There's also orange flower and honeysuckle and this really comes across as another variation on a sweet, white floral. The vanilla, amber and nutmeg, along with the soft woods, really ground this fragrance and lend it a very smooth aspect. Well-rounded and complete - nothing lacking here, very polished.

Overall, I think it's a beautiful smell. The really great thing here is that it's not really a cloying monster or a badly done fragrance in any way. It's balanced perfectly and with style. I could see this working for dates and nights out with a loved one. Not clubbing but very intimate and personal moments and occasions with a partner. I see it also as something of an evening perfume. I believe it's very sultry and womanly. I could recommend it as the quality is there. You would probably have to be okay with a white floral done well, with a hint of honey and warmth. For what it does, it hits the mark. Really quite good.
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

A greek goddess' scent
It was the 1996 when the beautiful model Yasmeen Ghauri appeared on the magazines wearing a very sexy white dress like a greek goddess: it was the advertisement of this wonderful perfume: a hymn to timeless feminity.
I adored immediately at first smell this fragrance: first, the neroli and gardenia notes arrived to my nose, made spicy by the nutmeg touch. Then, I loved the wonderful jasmin and tuberose heart, very feminin and sensual , not at all intoxicating but well balanced. After a few hours on my skin were lasting the base notes , mainly the vanilla and the amber, a warm and sweet amber, not at all medicinal.
A very warm and vibrant embrace , a veil of silk just like the Organza suggested by the name of this wonderful scent. I owned this perfume and I liked to show its artistic woman-shaped bottle .
I never forgot its strong sillage and its longevity : simply Amazing, never resulting too heavy or too ladylike.
It is a perfume for women af all ages , a great contemporary classic which gives nowadays fame to the historical Givenchy brand. I still adore this first great love!

Germanblonde
A classy yet modern lady
About 20 some years ago I was strolling through a department store and more bored than interested I tried Organza. Didn't do much for me, at least so I thought, and I went on to the movie theatre with my hubby right afterwards. And while I was sitting there, I couldn't keep my nose off my wrist. It was just the greatest aroma. Right after the movies I ran back to the store to buy a bottle, and I have never been without this beauty since.

I think she is a girl you either adore or don't care for. My hubby and my mom never liked it much. My mom went even so far to say: "How can you like that?" And I would answer: "How can you NOT like that?" I think she is absolutely gorgeous. I wear her when I want to feel very ladylike, sophisticated and taken seriously. And somehow that feeling comes through when wearing Organza. Do not know if it is because of the way I carry myself when I wear her, or if it is really that fragrance that projects this feeling of being important. However, when I apply Organza, people around me know I mean real business. Fits great to a pants suit career outfit on a modern woman that still expects chivalry. This is so me - under the right circumstances and in the right surroundings.
9.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

Heady florals
I was repelled by this back in the late 90's when I was a young 20-something. It was all wrong for me then, but then I scored a vintage mini-splash bottle of this over Memorial Day weekend for four bucks. This is so right for me now as a 40-something woman!!! This is nothing like Organza Indecence; they are totally different. This is all grown-up florals, with a strong amber drydown; very little vanilla comes through on me. Very heady, but not headache-inducing. Sillage is strong, and it lasted all day. I've never smelled Kai, but lots of celebrities apparently wear it because it makes them feel confident and as if they can succeed at anything. Organza is like this for me. I am so glad that I didn't let my past prejudice allow me to pass up this gorgeous beauty.
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Classic Feminine Floriental
Top Notes: Bergamot, African Orange Flower, Gardenia, Nutmeg, Green Notes.

Heart Notes: Honeysuckle, Tuberose, Jasmine, Iris, Walnut, Peony.

Base Notes: Vanilla, Amber, Cedar, Guaiac Wood, Woodsy Notes.

After reading the many glowing reviews and carefully considering the notes, I blindly bought this, and I must say I am very glad I did so. This is such a feminine floriental. I am very pleased with it. It does not smell quite like anything else in my collection.

Upon initial application, I could smell very fresh smelling white flowers (gardenia predominantly), and vanilla. I think I am also getting the nutmeg and walnut with perhaps a touch of amber in the dry down. Organza is very floral and very sweet. If you like florientals, but you do not like very sweet parfums, then you probably will not care for Organza very much. This is a classic definitely worth adding to your collection.

Fragrance: 8.5/10
Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 7/10
Longevity: 6/10
10.0 7.5 10.0 10.0/10

Timeless Elegance.
Just as sensual as it claims to be, Organza is a remarkably delicious, spicy blend of vanilla and white florals. The amber, wood and nutty notes really warm this one up, as well as provide a lot of its depth and complexity. It's just so feminine, elegant and classy - I would've guessed it launched much earlier than the mid '90s, because it has a bit of a vintage vibe and a timeless quality. The only downside to Organza is that once you apply it, you'll be compelled to creepily sniff yourself for a while.. so, make sure you allow for enough time to get that out of your system before heading out!
10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Dulcemio
A white floral that I LOVE? Surely the apocolypse is nigh.
On paper, Organza's list of notes reads like something I should run from as though my life depended on it, given the fact it contains every white floral in existence (okay, that's an exageration, but not much of one!), but because of its masterful use of all the other notes in conjunction with the florals, it is an enchanting, sweet, woody, nutty, slightly floral spice bomb with a very classic feel.

There is SO much going on here, it really is one of those kitchen sink fragrances (as in "everything but the . . . "), with the very edible notes of nutmeg, walnut and vanilla, swirling together with all those flowers, citrus and woods, and yet Organza doesn't feel confused, nor does it suffer from too many disparate notes competing for attention.

In fact, given the strong presence of white florals, this has to be one of the most masterful blending accomplishments in the history of perfumery, for me (bona fide non-white floral enthusiast that I am) to love it like I do, and it to feel as rich, cozy, warm and inviting as it does.

A classic blend fit for a lady in a beautiful evening gown, or for a regular gal (like me) in office attire, sitting at her desk. It's all good.
2.5 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Very Wearable, Not So Memorable
Givenchy's ORGANZA is a gentle, pretty oriental floral with not-so-good staying power in the edp. This seems to be a part of a grand campaign/conspiracy in the mass industry: do not make strong perfumes, else you won't sell many bottles!

Well, that was a bit cynical, but there is a huge difference between the staying power of a bona fide edp in the classical sense and edps ostensibly made for the so-called modern woman.

Anyway, ORGANZA is a slightly spicy, mildly sweet bouquet with lots of woodiness in the drydown. This is a likeable fragrance--very wearable, but perhaps not terribly memorable...

I truly dislike the bottle, which is rare for me. This seems like a case of trying way too hard, and all of the ornate weirdness--the woman's hourglass figure and flowing dress, the Grecian pillar effect, the curled-up edges of the cap/head--ends by leaving me with no real impression at all except that maybe the bottle is trying to compensate for its contents. Well, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that package was prioritized to product...

ORGANZA is wearable, don't get me wrong, but I never really warmed up to it and eventually swapped my large bottle away.
2.5 10.0 10.0 3.0/10

Helpful Review
Tuberose and Almonds
Organza is a Multi-faceted Hodge podge of a scent
it changes like a Chameleon like when you first spray
it on your skin it's zesty opening of Bergamot Orange flower and green notes starts off freshly then in a few
seconds turns cloying with Gardenia with Nutmeg which
makes me a bit Nauseous Middle note is Uber sweet with
Honeysuckle which is my least favorite flower dries buttery with Tuberose There's a lot 0f Nutty nuances
in this scent like dry Walnut Jasmine blends nicely
in a not so nicely scent and peony with sweet and tangy
smell. the drydown is of course with amber but it's a bit diluted due to the Gardenia and Tuberose Effect
i don't detect any woods and it dries with a powdery
Vanilla Finish,

Organza is a woman who changes in a different costume
for scene in a movie or in a Carnival that goes with a different theme but why i keep from loving this because of the excessive amounts of white florals
and nuts like Nutmeg and Walnut which i'm not a Fan
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Syrupy spice
I liked Organza at first. Initially it was quite sweet yet spicy at the same time. The combination was something that I really enjoyed.

The opening was a delicate mix of sugary white florals, spicy nutmeg and zesty bergamot. I loved the richness of Organza, it was elegant and sophisticated.

I enjoyed the scent even into the heart which was mostly soft, pretty florals; honeysuckle, tuberose, jasmine, peony and iris. However, the drydown became nauseating to me.

Perhaps it was the vanilla note which was too syrupy and sweet for my liking. Although Organza is sweet in the beginning, the sweetness became strong and unbearable in the base notes. The woodsy notes just weren't bold enough to balance out the sweetness, so I was left with a sticky concoction on my wrist. I was not pleased at all.

It was such a pity, seeming that I had loved Organza right up until that point. However, looking at some of the reviews, most people enjoyed this fragrance, so I'll conclude that it is just my own personal taste which turns me against this scent.
9.0/10

Feminity and Elegance
Dreaming ,elegant and classical scent.A mythus.Nice gardenia,jasmine white petals on a velvet woody-vanilla base.Special occations wearable perfume that magnetizes with its style.Like the fabric:smooth, valueable and finest.
Organza is a celebration for the senses. It is gentle, silky, opulent, and is the personification of beauty and love for perfection. Organza is the goddess that exists in every woman, she incarnates a pure and timeless beauty. Organza combines the floral with a hint of jasmine and vanilla to really bring out the smell.I love the bottle and perfume.

Bcars10 2 years ago
Amazing perfume--all flowers and amber. Heady, rich, and strong; very female, but a bold female. Stunning! But not for everyday use.+1
9.0

by BBking
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy