Organza 1996 Eau de Parfum

Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Organza (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 1996. The scent is floral-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Gaiac woodGaiac wood
WoodsWoods
VanillaVanilla
CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.09.2021.

the hidden goddess
If you look at the flacon to "Organza", you discover it: the hidden goddess!
This silhouette is reminiscent of the back view of the ancient goddesses and their female entourage, who adorned temples and their facilities, and still exude their own grace and dignity.
A feminine form that invites contemplation; with the hands almost automatically wanting to follow those curves.
(I often feel this way about special sculptures or even flacons: I most want to touch them, to follow their forms.)

Hubert de Givenchy, actually more inclined to a couture purism (see his models for Audrey Hepburn), seems to have thought of the hidden femininity of his customers when choosing this flacon. Who knows them better than their tailor?
(Well, I admit: mostly still her hairdresser!)
The fact that the closure of this flacon is quite an avant-garde headgear and thus an "eye-catcher", does not detract from this creation.
Has a woman yet more than just an exterior and is it not the task of fashion to highlight their versatile, sometimes dazzling facets?

How much do we miss out on through today's often thoughtless veiling of women?

On the other hand, how much are we spared as a result?
But that's off topic here; as usual, I digress.

"Organza" was called this opulent fragrance creation; so quite a child of the "golden fragrance era"!
It begins already with the Changieren, which simply belongs with Organza: nothing is as it seems at the first moment!
Already the top note turns out radiant: Gardenias in their classic ladies fragrance beauty are accompanied here by fine bergamot aromas, elegant foliage in light green and not to forget Neroli!
Neroli, as always flattering and warming, all sharp-edged (of life) abrading, sets here a particularly beautiful accent.
Once "Ritsch-Ratsch" with the nutmeg over the grater and the first extraordinary spice is added to the elegance.
The proven women's fragrance notes are retained even when visiting the flower garden for the heart note.
Here they are gathered: the proud iris, always accompanied by her sword (women are not only cuddly!), a dreamlike jasmine nuance - pure white and golden-faced radiant - as well as the also evening-active tuberose show the classic flower garden.
Honey-scented honeysuckle flower spikes and "thick-headed" fragrant peonies represent more the inhabitants of the more rustic cottage garden.
All the flower ladies get along splendidly; each seems to enhance the beauty of the others. (They seem to be real team players!)
As before, a surprise shows up: the rather tart walnut gets to add its ethereal oily fragrance as a special feature.
Just like the good pinch of grated nutmeg, this is an interesting spicy addition that gives "Organza" a special touch.
Despite all the "spicy experiments", it is again left to the great, ever-proven classics of the base, to lead this fragrance artwork skillfully and almost pompously to the crowning conclusion.
Vanilla and amber - in creamy white and gold - spray luminous fragrance rockets, which yet spread amazing warmth and are supported by various fragrance underlining woods and the spicy silky shimmering cedar aroma.
Under this radiant blanket of fragrance rounds out the entire scent robe that is "Organza".

A tribute to eternal femininity, presented overtly or covertly, with an astonishing longevity, during which the scent evolves in swirls large and small and luminous spirals.
A subtle, still alluring hint lingers; nothing is bland or "overpowering":
the quiet elegance of the house of Givenchy is also evident here.

"Organza": a fabric that is increasingly rarely processed.
The fragrance creature of the same name lives on, however, and adorns us women whenever we wish or allow it.
Whereby the "I" hidden behind the transparent fabric certainly flashes out a little bit many a time: "There is something inside you waiting to burst open into Light!"

---
Yes, that's right: I had posted this review before; but then deleted it in anger.
(There is a type of response to which I am very displeased.)
Now I note with pleasure that here at Parfumo a very good memory exists: many thanks!
So then: here's to a new one!
Classic and noble
I have found my Oriental.
He is gentle and only almost recognizable as such. Supple. It will rarely be worn. I find it special. Solemn. A little melancholy, but not too much.
It's graceful. A beauty Classic,but wearable. Probably always will be.
The honeysuckle comes out great,gives im minimal freshness.
Definitely,a sweet scent.
Enticing, but in a subtle way.
Ladylike, but not too much so.
Romanticism is a complicated subject, as an era in art it marked a step between classicism and sensibility.
A historian would certainly have fun with this fragrance, an artist as well.
Actually, any woman can wear it, if she finds it beautiful.
I rarely take the term "romance" in the mouth. Just like I will wear this fragrance on a very special day. He is the amarige that just does not want to be with me. Yet.
For me, this gentle oriental flows like white silk. Its floral heart glows dimmed : jasmine, peony, tuberose.
It is like a good lamp that has a permanent place on a desk.
Such a one should not be missing.
Yes, suitable music can be supplied here by the composer Wagner.
Solemn. Elegant. French and minimally old-fashioned. But stylistically confident
LucyLu
A love of scent that lasts until today
1996....and my dad and I were once again (as almost usually on a Saturday morning) on a prey...or rather perfume parade on the way.

Since we were well known in the perfumery and had already tested (and bought) many things, the nice saleswoman came after me and said:
"Here...we have this Givenchy brand new...it's called Organza...try it out" and handed me the bottle
I looked at the bottle and thought to myself..ohhh..really very beautiful and noble looking.
Like the silhouette of an elegant lady.

Sprayed on the wrist..and like daddy always said..wait for my girl My first thought was... hmm... might be a little difficult I left the scent alone for a while and as always, dad was right.

I noticed bright white flowers, a vanilla that is not too sweet, ambergris and very fine woods There it was..this warmth and sensuality..I felt incredibly safe That was my new love and he had to come home with me
That was 24 years ago and since then Organza.
He is still a symbol of elegance...sensuality...warmth...security for me and still shines very nobly and luxuriously...even if now with a little touch of nostalgia Love lasts
Thanks Organza
Thanks daddy..I love and hug you on your fragrance cloud

LiliSahm
Deliciously sexy honeyed white flowers wrapped by warm woodsy,vanilla,spicy,nutty heaven
Organza was an unexpected love for me as I thought it's going to be too mature for a 24years old and a heavy,dated perfume.I couldn't be more wrong! I was surprised to smell such a deliciously sexy scent when I first tried it.it's multi faceted but everything is so smoothly blended that it doesn't seem too much.honeyed white flowers,vanilla,spices,subtle almost creamy woods and nutty,slightly powdery notes blend to the perfection to create this warm,cozy,feminine,seductive scent.truely delicious but very different with modern gourmands as it's deep and rich,sweet but not sickly,and has a sophisticated,confident,lady-like vibe.oh and it's very addictive as I can't stop sniffing my hand whenever I apply it
I love honeysuckle and I can really smell it here hand in hand with jasmine and gardenia and as a gourmand lover I can't get enough of it's vanilla,nutmeg,walnut combo in a wrapped by a honey-like,creamy warmth
It's been one of my top favorite autumn perfumes since four years ago and I love wearing it on a fancy evening out or a date night.I can see nothing old or dated in it,just sensual feminine refinement
Not a safe blindbuy but make sure to try it even if you're not usually into pre2000 perfumes or white florals

MasterLi
A grown-up floral beauty...
So, from my experience, the house of Givenchy has always specialised in making distinctly feminine perfumes. In the sense that the one this reminds me of (which my mother used to own) was Ysatis, which again was a very grown up and feminine fragrance.

With Organza, I get a sweet honeyed jasmine with supporting notes of tuberose and gardenia. There's also orange flower and honeysuckle and this really comes across as another variation on a sweet, white floral. The vanilla, amber and nutmeg, along with the soft woods, really ground this fragrance and lend it a very smooth aspect. Well-rounded and complete - nothing lacking here, very polished.

Overall, I think it's a beautiful smell. The really great thing here is that it's not really a cloying monster or a badly done fragrance in any way. It's balanced perfectly and with style. I could see this working for dates and nights out with a loved one. Not clubbing but very intimate and personal moments and occasions with a partner. I see it also as something of an evening perfume. I believe it's very sultry and womanly. I could recommend it as the quality is there. You would probably have to be okay with a white floral done well, with a hint of honey and warmth. For what it does, it hits the mark. Really quite good.

A greek goddess' scent
It was the 1996 when the beautiful model Yasmeen Ghauri appeared on the magazines wearing a very sexy white dress like a greek goddess: it was the advertisement of this wonderful perfume: a hymn to timeless feminity.
I adored immediately at first smell this fragrance: first, the neroli and gardenia notes arrived to my nose, made spicy by the nutmeg touch. Then, I loved the wonderful jasmin and tuberose heart, very feminin and sensual , not at all intoxicating but well balanced. After a few hours on my skin were lasting the base notes , mainly the vanilla and the amber, a warm and sweet amber, not at all medicinal.
A very warm and vibrant embrace , a veil of silk just like the Organza suggested by the name of this wonderful scent. I owned this perfume and I liked to show its artistic woman-shaped bottle .
I never forgot its strong sillage and its longevity : simply Amazing, never resulting too heavy or too ladylike.
It is a perfume for women af all ages , a great contemporary classic which gives nowadays fame to the historical Givenchy brand. I still adore this first great love!

Germanblonde
A classy yet modern lady
About 20 some years ago I was strolling through a department store and more bored than interested I tried Organza. Didn't do much for me, at least so I thought, and I went on to the movie theatre with my hubby right afterwards. And while I was sitting there, I couldn't keep my nose off my wrist. It was just the greatest aroma. Right after the movies I ran back to the store to buy a bottle, and I have never been without this beauty since.

I think she is a girl you either adore or don't care for. My hubby and my mom never liked it much. My mom went even so far to say: "How can you like that?" And I would answer: "How can you NOT like that?" I think she is absolutely gorgeous. I wear her when I want to feel very ladylike, sophisticated and taken seriously. And somehow that feeling comes through when wearing Organza. Do not know if it is because of the way I carry myself when I wear her, or if it is really that fragrance that projects this feeling of being important. However, when I apply Organza, people around me know I mean real business. Fits great to a pants suit career outfit on a modern woman that still expects chivalry. This is so me - under the right circumstances and in the right surroundings.

Heady florals
I was repelled by this back in the late 90's when I was a young 20-something. It was all wrong for me then, but then I scored a vintage mini-splash bottle of this over Memorial Day weekend for four bucks. This is so right for me now as a 40-something woman!!! This is nothing like Organza Indecence; they are totally different. This is all grown-up florals, with a strong amber drydown; very little vanilla comes through on me. Very heady, but not headache-inducing. Sillage is strong, and it lasted all day. I've never smelled Kai, but lots of celebrities apparently wear it because it makes them feel confident and as if they can succeed at anything. Organza is like this for me. I am so glad that I didn't let my past prejudice allow me to pass up this gorgeous beauty.

Classic Feminine Floriental
Top Notes: Bergamot, African Orange Flower, Gardenia, Nutmeg, Green Notes.

Heart Notes: Honeysuckle, Tuberose, Jasmine, Iris, Walnut, Peony.

Base Notes: Vanilla, Amber, Cedar, Guaiac Wood, Woodsy Notes.

After reading the many glowing reviews and carefully considering the notes, I blindly bought this, and I must say I am very glad I did so. This is such a feminine floriental. I am very pleased with it. It does not smell quite like anything else in my collection.

Upon initial application, I could smell very fresh smelling white flowers (gardenia predominantly), and vanilla. I think I am also getting the nutmeg and walnut with perhaps a touch of amber in the dry down. Organza is very floral and very sweet. If you like florientals, but you do not like very sweet parfums, then you probably will not care for Organza very much. This is a classic definitely worth adding to your collection.

Fragrance: 8.5/10
Projection: 8/10
Sillage: 7/10
Longevity: 6/10

Timeless Elegance.
Just as sensual as it claims to be, Organza is a remarkably delicious, spicy blend of vanilla and white florals. The amber, wood and nutty notes really warm this one up, as well as provide a lot of its depth and complexity. It's just so feminine, elegant and classy - I would've guessed it launched much earlier than the mid '90s, because it has a bit of a vintage vibe and a timeless quality. The only downside to Organza is that once you apply it, you'll be compelled to creepily sniff yourself for a while.. so, make sure you allow for enough time to get that out of your system before heading out!

ScentwitchScentwitch 1 month ago
So feminine, soft and sweet with a touch of nostalgia. No wonder so many women around the world love it.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
The scent of the sensual feminity: warm , round, intoxicating and inncent at the same time. A hymn to White flowers with a spicy touch.Love!
Bcars10Bcars10 4 years ago
Amazing perfume--all flowers and amber. Heady, rich, and strong; very female, but a bold female. Stunning! But not for everyday use.

by Zora
by Amberfreak
by Amberfreak
by TIA1971
by TIA1971
Ewig dein * Ewig mein * Ewig uns....... (Ludwig van Beethoven)
by Organzalady
by JJ84
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Givenchy

Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2021) (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Xeryus (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy Cologne by Givenchy