Organza Indécence (1999)

Eau de Parfum (1999)
Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy
Flacon Design: Serge Mansau
Compare Prices
Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) (Givenchy)
Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 1999. The scent is spicy-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Ceylon cinnamon, Jacaranda wood, Rose, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Patchouli, Musk, Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Labdanum

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.03.2017

The fragrance was re-released in 2007 as part of the collection "Les Parfums Mythiques".

Bottle 9.0/10
Sillage 6.0/10
Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 10.0/10
Swoon-worthy
WOW!!!
This is going straight to my top shelf! Completely different from plain ol' Organza, which I've never liked. I passed over this one as a similar flanker--boy, was I wrong!

I was looking for something warm and cinnamon-y recently...something to give my favored Liz Earle No. 15 some competition! After researching, I ended up purchasing L de Lolita Lempicka in a rollerball and this one in a small sample spray. The "L" is really great, but the Indecence is love at first spray! It is everything I love in scents: woodsy, musky, cinnamon-y, vanilla-y.... The first whiff was like a foundation of Shiseido's Feminite du Bois with an overlay of Vanilla Musk. The cinnamon note didn't come through until almost an hour later. The drydown seems to keep all of those notes, while adding a bit of sweet vanilla. When I take a huge, long sniff, I can make out the florals, but when I sniff briefly, it's all woods and spices and musk.

I feel like it is a soft scent. I love it so much that I wish it were stronger. However, my daughter hopped in the car after school, and right away she asked me what perfume I was wearing. I was surprised she could even smell it! Maybe it's stronger than I thought. This type of scent is best for nights out and evening-wear, but I love it so much that I wear it all day. I'd love to bathe in it, truly.

It is just fabulous, wonderful, enticing, superlative! I cannot say enough good things about this one! Too bad they discontinued it. This review is for the "vintage" one, but I hear they have brought it back in new packaging; however, most people seem to think they've changed the formula. I do strongly believe this might become my signature. (My edited review from another site.)
Bottle 8.0/10
Sillage 6.0/10
Longevity 8.0/10
Scent 9.0/10
1 Award
Also for me one of the better that i own
I already had organza and i really like it, it works well on me. After I had red on this site about organza indécence, i was determined to find it, and I have found a large bottle and 2 minatures all of them in the bottles with the open dress, which I also like, like somebody refers to Greek (I suppose ancient) style, I agree, but for me I love it, it makes me even think of Ancient Egypt, the hyrogliefs in the graves in the valley of the kings and Sakkara etc...
When it arrived and I opened the bottle, sniffed...sprayed, well it was so good. I simply love it. It is a fragrance (like a few others) for which I am prepared to leave other things in order to be sure I will have a supply for a long time, I know it is already hard to get...but hey....I will eat dry bread for a while...maybe accompanied with a little bit of jam. Have to lose weight any way...
The Givenchy's creations which I have ( 4) are very much to my liking...
Bottle 10.0/10
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 10.0/10
Helpful Review    5 Awards
Spices And Smoke
I acquired an original bottle recently and I am now adding Givenchy Organza Indecence to my top 5 favorite perfumes. It’s that good. It’s that memorable. It’s absolutely delicious.

The odor of burnt marshmallows, the scent of match tip’s sulphur when you blow it out, the remnants of moonlit campfires smoking embers. Cinnamon and vanilla in a perfect creamy blend, amber tempered, layered with a mildly fruity plum, Indecence envelopes you with an earthy presence immediately that stays throughout the duration of the perfume. A sense of warm patchouli surrounds the notes to complete this very spicy fragrance.

Organza is a season-less scent, full of smoky images. It’s thick and only gets thicker as the hours go by. Dab in your application or you will be overwhelmed. It’s an intense perfume.
Helpful Review    6 Awards
Organza Indecence
When I first applied this it literally could have knocked my socks off!!! That's just how good it is. Thank-you to Digindirt for sending me a very generous sample of this in it's original miniature spray bottle no less! Had it not been for her kindness I more than likely would never have been able to try it. I am admittedly not a fan of the original Organza but this one is beyond gorgeous. On my skin I can really smell the rosewood mixed with the vanilla and amber. It's so intoxicating that I can't stop sniffing myself! Such a crying shame that it's been discontinued. I will cherish the small amount that I have and apply it with a light hand so I can stretch it out and make it last. One of the best perfumes I've smelled, EVER! Simply heavenly.
Scent 7.0/10
Helpful Review    6 Awards
Misnomer
I have a sample of Indécence and was so thrilled to try this, hoping for something greater than the fabulous Organza. Unfortunately it's much 'less than' to my bitter disappointment.

Organza was my signature fragrance when I was working at a restaurant in Los Angeles where the waitstaff were all drag cabaret artists. This was during the mid 90's and brings to memory a time of my life that was filled with the wonderful Gardenia/Tuberose/Jasmine/Vanilla that Organza used to be ... I couldn't get enough of it!! I say 'used to be' because the current reformulation is just heinous ... a mortal sin committed on the sanctity of perfumery! But I digress ...

Indécence is about as risqué as a 'glimpse of stocking' would be during Mass on a Sunday morning.

Now, please don't misunderstand me ... this is not a bad fragrance ... in fact it's quite beautiful if a little fruit with a few sticks of cinnamon is your thing. In fact, I find the combination very appealing in a fruity 'chai latté' sort of way. It's quite unisex too ... but indecent it's not.
This fragrance reminds me of a watered down version of Costume National Homme ... which happens to be a fast disappearing favorite of mine.

Indécence (now discontinued) commands huge sums on the Bay ... I wouldn't spend that kind of money on it. If you want this but only streets better, then go for the Costume National.
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 8.0/10
Helpful Review    3 Awards
Woodsy paradise
Organza Indecence didn't deserve to be discontinued, and it is often fragrances like these, that appeal to me due to their uniqueness, that get axed and torn away from our loving hands.

In some ways, Organza Indecence can be slightly masculine, particularly in the opening, which is a rather dark blend of cedar, patchouli and syrupy, spicy vanilla. Woodsy is what this fragrance is, yet I find its richness very appealing.

Vanilla is present, however I can't say that this is a particularly vanillary scent. It's not sweet nor too girly. It's very oriental, smokey almost, with mysterious and sensual undertones.

I can certainly see why many women, and men for that matter, are mourning the loss of Organza Indecence. A bottle of this divine juice is becoming increasingly difficult to find. I'm glad to even have had the opportunity to smell this before it has to vanish forever.

The longevity is wonderful. I wore it all day on a road trip around some beautiful, luscious and green forests, and I must say it suited the atmosphere perfectly. It's like my wild, uninhibited escape scent.

Organza Indecence is a wonderfully delectable fragrance, hailed as a classic yet also surprisingly modern and elegant. I'm a huge fan.
Bottle 5.0/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 5.0/10
2 Awards
Decent
The original ORGANZA INDECENCE (don't know whether it has by now been reformulated...) really cranks up the spices, so much so that patchouli is overtaken by...cinnamon! Now, whether this spice cake of a perfume is indecent is open to interpretive dispute, but the ORGANZA bottle was made indecent by opening up the woman's long flowing white robe to reveal the naked flesh beneath! The bottle I have--not shown above, but see the community photos, below--is so kitsch as to be almost endearing. In fact, the only way to improve on it would be to cast it in plastic rather than glass!

I definitely prefer the more floral ORGANZA opening to the spice festival that is INDECENCE, which seems best suited for the winter holidays--until the soft, woody, late-stage drydown, which I do like. Again, as with ORGANZA, this Givenchy creation is certainly wearable, but it's definitely not the first oriental woody that I'd reach for.

INDECENCE is entirely decent--perhaps to a fault!

Bcars10 65 days ago
I love this so much that words are difficult. Indecence is SUPERLATIVE.+2
Bottle 9.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 5.0
Scent 10.0

Popular Givenchy

Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Dahlia Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III by Givenchy Ange ou Démon Le Secret (Eau de Parfum) / Ange ou Étrange Le Secret by Givenchy Dahlia Divin (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Very Irrésistible Givenchy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Les Parfums Mythiques - Vetyver by Givenchy