Very Irrésistible Givenchy 2003Eau de Toilette

Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy
Bottle Design Pablo Reinoso
Very Irrésistible Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Aniseed, Vervain, Peony, Rosa centifolia, Passion rose, Fantasia rose, Emotion rose

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 06.06.2020.

Mozart1756
Floral, lightly rosy, aniseed.
I didnt wait Dominique Ropion to do this. 3 perfumor are doing good jobs but my personal fave is Dominique. :) I dont get that hate about very irresistible. İts ok smell. It can gives you any compliment. Rosy, light, fresh, anise touch in. Anise is especially in heart notes but doesnt irritate. Because its seed. Not the star anise. I think you know this smell you will smell and say=I remember it.

Interesting Anise Twist
The opening of Very Irresistible EDT is a blend of strong star anise and rose with a hint of citrus, which has a strange warm and animalic feeling to me. After 2 hours, star anise fades from the scene and leaves rose, verbena and patchouli play on their own. At this stage, these 3 notes above are easy to discern and the whole scent smells green and refreshing. I can also detect a subtle sweetness, which amplifies after another 2 hours and strangely turns the whole scent like a mixture of honey and lily while remaining soft and fresh. This final stage reminds me of similar combo in some Mugler fragrance such as Dis Moi, Miroir, A Travers le Miroir and Angel le Lys, and eventually fades out with a more herbal twist after another 2 hours.

I somehow has a similar experience with Givenchy Ange ou Demon, as they both has a pleasant base hiding under an animalic top notes in my case. The sillage is close and the longevity is around 6 hours. It has a discret elegance like other Givenchy fragrance that I have experienced and I really like the base stage, but the effect of the top notes on me makes me remain skeptical.

very irr.......itating
I've pretty much given up on Givenchy at this point, with their dozens of flankers of scents that weren't that terrific in the original. I do like some of them a little bit, for when I'm in that rare mood for a fruity-floral synthetic scent. But this one. THIS one. A giant belch of chemical whatnot - perhaps it was what they had left in various flasks around the factory - assaulted my nose. I couldn't discern any particular notes, but the sillage was ENORMOUS. I began to sneeze, so I ran to the bathroom and covered that arm with a handful of vanilla salt scrub. A lot of scrubbing and a half-hour later, I can still detect a subdued chemical cloud on that arm, but a significantly less irritating one. I guess the good news is that, if you like this one, you won't have to apply much.

The Marketing Liar's Paradox
Givenchy VERY IRRESISTIBLE is a rather fruity floral with a strong cassis note dominating the florals, including rose and peony. I do not find the anise note to be distinguishable as such, but perhaps anise flowers smell different than anise the spice?

Unlike some reviewers, I do not find this to be primarily a rose fragrance. Instead, VERY IRRESISTIBLE reminds me of something along the lines of TBS CASSIS ROSE: a likeable fruity floral with good staying power. The opening of this edt packs a punch, so restraint in application is called for, else you may alienate a bus driver--or so it seems--at least according to one review I've seen!!!

All in all, while certainly wearable, VERY IRRESISTIBLE is entirely resistible.
The name reminds me of the liar's paradox. Are you irresistible, or are you not? If you are irresistible then doesn't adding "very" means that you're not?

Very Irresistable
A blast of roses caresses your senses
next a scent of delectable purple grapes and peonies dancing though the wind.

the cassia is a unique note contributes
to this fragrances the cassia makes
a powdery feel. a beautiful light ultraviolet bottle makes this a winning
scent.

Young & flirty rose
VI is more floral than fruity to me. It's young, flirty, fresh, bright, clean and clear. VI is another fragrance that offers a take on a modern rose without being all about roses.

There's much to like about this fragrance but not much to love. There is so many similar fragrances, yet one could do a lot worse that VI.

Sample-worthy.
2.5

Irresistible pretty pink roses
I'm surprised by how many people dislike this scent. In my opinion, it's lovely.

It's rosy without being strong, too mature or predictable. The roses in Very Irresistible are soft, pretty and feminine.

The scent actually opens with the roses and powdery softness of the other florals. Strange, because with most fruity florals, the citrus and fruits are most dominant in the top notes.

This fragrance eventually softens and transcends into the heart of this scent where some fruits, possibly orange, are present.

I like the sublteness of the overall scent. It's comforting and pretty, making it wonderful for wear in Spring and Summer when you don't want anything too strong or too overpowering.

I actually applaud Givenchy for taking a risk with this scent and producing something that appeals to a different age group. Previously Givenchy had created Amarige and Organza, (just to name a few), which are lovely but just not suitable for the younger consumers. Very Irresistible, on the other hand, is perfect for them, and has now since spawned many different versions, including Absolutely Irresistible.

I highly recommend this fragrance as a scent which will appeal to floral lovers as this perfume is more flowery than fruity. It's lasting power is good and it's guaranteed never to offend.

FiroozFirooz 8 months ago
Very simple and light rose scent. For when you just want to wear not a special and sophisticated perfume but a light and simple one.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Not so irresistible, but banal, I could remark. It's a light and inoffensive flowery-synthetic daily scent.

by BiancaAp
by Annkom
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Givenchy

Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Xeryus (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ambre Tigré by Givenchy L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy