Gentleman Givenchy 2020 Eau de Parfum Boisée

Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum Boisée) by Givenchy
Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum Boisée) is a popular perfume by Givenchy for men and was released in 2020. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepperBlack pepper CorianderCoriander GeraniumGeranium
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris concreteOrris concrete CocoaCocoa CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood Wood smokeWood smoke PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 22.09.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

A pleasant surprise
I had already seen this EDP boisee actually cheaper than the straight EDP and EDT on a site i used as a price reference. I think it is a pretty pleasant surprise having smelled it yesterday and thinking it reminded me of a fragrance in particular, for some time i couldn't tell which one it was, though.

And then it just popped into my mind:
OG CH MEN!!!

I guess the sugar / leather combo on that one which to me gives kind of the ilussion of smelling a fine chocolate put inside a leather bag, is quite similar to an accord here in Gentleman EDP boisee. I assume, the cacao, woods, orris and smoke make the ilussion of that. A slightly sweet pretty sexy aroma.

bottom line: I have heard some reviews on other sites saying that the Gentleman line lacks a DNA representative of itself. I think it is not the case, all modern (And even the vintage has some of that) Gentlemans have a common leather and sweetness, warm spicy, iris kinda DNA. boisee is no exception. I don't like it more than the straight quite dry and macho leather drydown Gentleman EDT but, as i state once again: A very pleasant surprise...

ScentSlave
Now THIS one is the winner in the Gentleman line, if you ask me.
Especially if you like the kind of classy, incense feeling scents. It starts of with a nice, lightly spicy, chocolate covered feeling sweetness. I find it absolutely gorgeous throughout, but the right here opening, and the in final drydown (where I get an ALMOST incense feeling smokiness) are where it wins me over.

It’s a high class sweetness that leaves you feeling confident. Not a boisterous kind of confidence; more of that “everybody knows I do my job well without me having to say it” vibe. It’s a great one, indeed.

Performance isn’t bad either. It’s got a solid cloud that reaches a 4ft radius, with a nice sillage trail that follows. It’s also got a nice longevity, going 6-8 hours or so. It’s definitely my favorite in the line.

I’m going to be sporting this one a LOT this winter.
The name says it all!
Gentleman pretty much sums it up. Elegant, classy, fresh and still has a certain depth. The fragrance is not too intrusive - subtle enough but not TOO subtle and thus versatile. I wouldn't limit it to a certain season or special occasion, it always goes. Very nice and pleasant fragrance

3 short views on the fragrance
SlightSlight 22 days ago
Great version of this classic. More woody than the original, plus a hint of green. I prefer it over the Original but not the Réserve Privée.
InbnkInbnk 8 months ago
This bottle look nice. The scent profile is also good. Woodsy iris nice amount of sweetness from cacao. Modern and versatile fragrance.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Black pepper, geranium, a powdery iris, cedarwood and tonka.
A less sweet combination of La Nuit de l'Homme and Dior Homme.

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Givenchy

L'Interdit (2021) (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Monsieur Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Eau de Vetyver by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy