Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée 2022

Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée by Givenchy
Top 44 in Men's Perfume
8.5 / 10 438 Ratings
Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée is a new perfume by Givenchy for men and was released in 2022. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes Italian bergamotItalian bergamot Scotch whisky absolute
Heart Notes Heart Notes ChestnutChestnut Italian iris concrete Chinese iris Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
Base Notes Base Notes Virginia cedarVirginia cedar Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli

Perfumers

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 28.01.2023.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Helpful Review 5
Great release for DHP fans
I am lucky enough to be able to enjoy this perfume quite fast after its release and I can say that I smiling and keep sniffing my wrist all the time since I sprayed it this morning.

It starts very pleasant and familiar, with iris, bergamot and a slight boozy note .. the familiarity comes from the Florentine Iris present in DHP, which has a similar opening. This is for my nose almost identical with DIOR Homme Intense 2017, pre-reformulation version .. less powerful of course, but as intense and beautiful.

The chestnut and the benzoin, are shy and hide behind the multiple Iris notes but keep the character of the perfume quite romantic and classy. I do not smell any vetiver but there is a beautiful high quality cedar note in the dry down, making it even more classier if that can be possible.

After about 20-30 min it becomes a very addictive smell (if you like LVMH Iris scents) which reminds me very much of DHP without the stinky leather, which to be honest it´s a total no go for me.

This is far from a "new" release, but very close to DIOR Homme I/P pre-Reformulation scent DNA. As we know, Givenchy and DIOR are both part of LVMH so for me this is a very smart move from them .. to take over the perfume world with DHP as the Original bad boy, and create a well behaved brother called Réserve Privée and make it a Givenchy.

For the price, quality and smell .. this is a 9/10 creation. 1 point goes off because it is a copy paste DHP without the leather.

Helpful Review 3
Iris And Whisky Maketh The Gentlemen
Now this smells very nice indeed with the fresh iris in the opening that soon has chocolate facets. The whisky adds a nice subtle dimension to the scent and pairs well with the chocolate tinged Iris.

As time moves forward the scent becomes woody and nutty from the chestnut. Here it begins to get sweeter and powdery with what smells like a hint of caramel melded with the woods.

I get several hour longevity on the skin and very average projection. Within arms length for the first hour dropping to within half a arms length after. It is a scent that stays close to you.

All in all a delight!

Helpful Review 3
Sweet, boozy, but a powdery nod to DHP
Finally sampling one of the most recent releases from Givenchy, Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privee, that’s been understandably getting a lot of positive attention. I’m not deeply familiar with Givenchy in general nor the expansive Gentleman line but I wanted to try this, and I’m glad I did. It smells of a cross between ambery whiskey and powdery leather, and no doubt due to the latter, draws comparisons to Dior Homme Parfum, something that occurred to me upon first spray.

I actually sold my bottle of DHP years ago, since, although it was a great fragrance, its sharp powdery quality meant that I didn’t reach for it often. GEDPRP partially addresses that by being noticeably more blended with a sweet and boozy quality, and a fraction of the powdery leather side of DHP.

It is, in this way, the best of both worlds, a nod to the sweet while still having some of the powder, and it’s achieved harmoniously. I’m quite pleased with it and would consider buying a bottle, as it also performs pretty well. Also, I can see how it would satisfy some DHP fans while being a bit easier to wear and more fashionable, with its resinous/sweet/boozy side, and more toward the mainstream, while still smelling special, and carefully put together.

It’s priced at $106/85 for 100/60ml, and is sold on the Givenchy website as well as various retailers.

8 out of 10

Helpful Review 2
Gentleman With Badboy Tendencies
This is by far the best Givenchy for men since Gentleman Only Intense. Although I did enjoy Boisée. Iris is one of my most adored notes in perfumery. Reserve Privée gives me everything I loved about Dior Homme before the regretful reformulation and extraction of iris. There are many note similarities. Iris (of course), bergamot, vetiver, patchouli. The warmth of Scotch Whiskey and chestnut allows the new Privée to have its own identity. This Gentleman delivers over average longevity, drying down to a smooth, woodsy iris and keeping powderiness at a minimum. In its final phase, it’s a lot like Dior Homme Parfum. So, anyone on the hunt for that rare gem will get a taste of it in Givenchy’s latest Gentleman. This is my favorite launch of 2022 from a designer house. A gentleman with badboy tendencies.

Helpful Review 2
It came to me as a sample, it wasn't long before I purchased a bottle
I come to the fragrance game from the world of whisky, you see. Therefore I thought this was a perfect match for me. Was I far off? Not by much, but perhaps a little. When I first smelled this scent I suspected that Givenchy was doing things a little differently to others. Granted, at the time I had only smelled like 10 or so popular scents, but they were all extreme opposites to what this is.

On first acquaintance I wasn't met with a typical flowery bouquet or candy sweetness like so many other top scents, but with a very boozy note - under which traveled a layer that I would assign the mysterious qualities of incense. I loved it. So much so that I thought this would become my absolute all-time favorite signature scent.

I've now worn this scent for the greater part of a month and I think I can finally give a pretty fair evaluation. The boozy note that drew me to this is still what I love most about Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée. Unfortunately, this boozy note wears off in the first 4 hours (worn during summer time) and what is left of the scent is probably much closer to the regular Givenchy Gentleman EDP. Which is a lipsticky, powdery, creamy, sweet iris note.

After the 4 hour mark it seems to lose its potency & projection and sits much closer to the skin, and I'm left to wonder whether I still like this scent. Without the boozy note it is much more tame. Do I want to be tame? No, so I top it right back up. I top it back up because I do really love this scent. I'm just disappointed that it can't maintain for 10 hours what it does in the first couple of hours of wearing it.

I'm quite happy with this scent. I do however think that the search for my absolute all-time favorite signature scent will have to continue. In the meantime, this will suit me more than fine on my journey through the land of perfumes! Onwards and upwards.
More reviews

11 short views on the fragrance
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 11 months ago
Close to the OG but with a nutty chocolate smell which perfects the DNA in my opinion. I would say it goes more in the Valentino direction
RazvanykeRazvanyke 1 year ago
A great mix of Iris, Cedar and Benzoin. Like DHP but without the stinky leather. It is classy, boozy and will go great for office or dates.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
The whisky in the opening lasts only a second. Gentleman EDP DNA with its powdery dark iris, but with a dominant chestnut. Dry woody base.
PerfumeaholKPerfumeaholK 12 months ago
So close to the older 75ml DHP bottles, I could not believe it. Evolves into Gentelman with soft boozy vanillin base, really good. Price ok
InbnkInbnk 7 months ago
Reserve Privee is like EDP version plus sweety boozy in Armani Stronger With You Absolutely. Nice sweet warm and addictive.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

10 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Givenchy

L'Interdit (2021) (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Monsieur Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum Boisée) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Eau de Vetyver by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Givenchy