Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée 2022

Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée by Givenchy
Top 39 in Men's Perfume
Gentleman Givenchy Réserve Privée is a new perfume by Givenchy for men and was released in 2022. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot Scotch whisky absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesChestnutChestnut Italian iris concrete Chinese iris Benzoin SiamBenzoin Siam
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedarVirginia cedar Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 14.05.2022.

Landshark321
Sweet, boozy, but a powdery nod to DHP
Finally sampling one of the most recent releases from Givenchy, Gentleman Eau de Parfum Reserve Privee, that’s been understandably getting a lot of positive attention. I’m not deeply familiar with Givenchy in general nor the expansive Gentleman line but I wanted to try this, and I’m glad I did. It smells of a cross between ambery whiskey and powdery leather, and no doubt due to the latter, draws comparisons to Dior Homme Parfum, something that occurred to me upon first spray.

I actually sold my bottle of DHP years ago, since, although it was a great fragrance, its sharp powdery quality meant that I didn’t reach for it often. GEDPRP partially addresses that by being noticeably more blended with a sweet and boozy quality, and a fraction of the powdery leather side of DHP.

It is, in this way, the best of both worlds, a nod to the sweet while still having some of the powder, and it’s achieved harmoniously. I’m quite pleased with it and would consider buying a bottle, as it also performs pretty well. Also, I can see how it would satisfy some DHP fans while being a bit easier to wear and more fashionable, with its resinous/sweet/boozy side, and more toward the mainstream, while still smelling special, and carefully put together.

It’s priced at $106/85 for 100/60ml, and is sold on the Givenchy website as well as various retailers.

8 out of 10

An almost caramelized child of DHI and Gentleman edp
That’s what I get here…. And it is GORGEOUS. Such richness and fullness in the way it performs. Strengthen DHI’s projection, leave a little more in sillage, pull back on the lipstick feel, and add a little caramel. That’s what I get from this. You DO feel the Gentleman EDP base, but it does feel like DHI is a close relative as well.

Performance is also great, I got an easy 10hours on skin. The projection was great for 4+ hours reaching out 2-3ft in radius, and the sillage trail keeps the heads turning in your direction.

If you don’t like the DHI “lipstick” vibe, you might not like this much, as you WILL feel it here, but it’s much less prominent. I feel more of a toffee/caramel vibe (from the chestnut, I guess).

I also don’t get much of a “boozy” feeling at all. That doesn’t make it smell bad, but it may disappoint someone who was expecting that.

I really like the Gentleman line, and I’m not disappointed at all.

Great release for DHP fans
I am lucky enough to be able to enjoy this perfume quite fast after its release and I can say that I smiling and keep sniffing my wrist all the time since I sprayed it this morning.

It starts very pleasant and familiar, with iris, bergamot and a slight boozy note .. the familiarity comes from the Florentine Iris present in DHP, which has a similar opening. This is for my nose almost identical with DIOR Homme Intense 2017, pre-reformulation version .. less powerful of course, but as intense and beautiful.

The chestnut and the benzoin, are shy and hide behind the multiple Iris notes but keep the character of the perfume quite romantic and classy. I do not smell any vetiver but there is a beautiful high quality cedar note in the dry down, making it even more classier if that can be possible.

After about 20-30 min it becomes a very addictive smell (if you like LVMH Iris scents) which reminds me very much of DHP without the stinky leather, which to be honest it´s a total no go for me.

This is far from a "new" release, but very close to DIOR Homme I/P pre-Reformulation scent DNA. As we know, Givenchy and DIOR are both part of LVMH so for me this is a very smart move from them .. to take over the perfume world with DHP as the Original bad boy, and create a well behaved brother called Réserve Privée and make it a Givenchy.

For the price, quality and smell .. this is a 9/10 creation. 1 point goes off because it is a copy paste DHP without the leather.

SejanoSejano 10 days ago
Wonderful openning with a iris rum mix, sexy and delicious but medium and drydown are the same of Gentleman EDP first batch in my nose.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 months ago
Tested a couple days ago. I'm bored with this line. This is DHI revisited with Gentleman EDP DNA. Been there done that.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
The whisky in the opening lasts only a second. Gentleman EDP DNA with its powdery dark iris, but with a dominant chestnut. Dry woody base.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
Close to the OG but with a nutty chocolate smell which perfects the DNA in my opinion. I would say it goes more in the Valentino direction
PerfumeaholKPerfumeaholK 4 months ago
So close to the older 75ml DHP bottles, I could not believe it. Evolves into Gentelman with soft boozy vanillin base, really good. Price ok
DPArtistDPArtist 4 months ago
Oof iris bomb! Not my kind of scent at all! However it does smell well put together & of good quality, it'll no doubt find a lot of lovers.
RazvanykeRazvanyke 4 months ago
A great mix of Iris, Cedar and Benzoin. Like DHP but without the stinky leather. It is classy, boozy and will go great for office or dates.

Popular by Givenchy

L'Interdit (2021) (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Givenchy Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum Boisée) by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy