L'Interdit 2019 Eau de Toilette

Version from 2019
L'Interdit (2019) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy
L'Interdit (2019) (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPoppyPoppy
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom
TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 29.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is American actress Rooney Mara.

GoldenSun
Soapy flower bouquet in pure seduction
Association: It's 7 pm. I come from an abstract vernissage and walk up the stairs to my beautiful modern rooftop apartment. The orange-red glowing evening sun is lolling against the white walls of my light-flooded large penthouse apartment. I slowly pull the hair band out of my hair and finally arrive. On my way to my office, I catch sight of a large colorful and ostentatious bouquet of flowers. Inside the bouquet is a small letter made of elegant handmade paper that reads, "Bonsoir mon amour, take a relaxing bath and then put on an elegant black dress. Meet me at 9pm at the bar where we met."
I run a bath and add a soapy, sudsy fragrance oil that my fiancée brought me from Paris last week. I lie nestled in the feminine-scented bubble bath and close my eyes. The evening sun gently kisses my skin. I let the day pass me by once more. I feel a tingle, a slight excitement, euphoria. I finally see him again. I play with my hair and think of my lover and drift off. Daydreaming. Evening reverie. My exciting love story. It feels mysterious and seductive. Almost a little forbidden. I open my eyes and stand in the dressing room. In front of me hangs a black figure-hugging dress, elegant, sexy. It shows a little skin but not too much. All within the bounds of elegance. I go to my small cosmetic table and resolutely reach for L'interdit. I spray it on my warm skin with abandon. It melts into my body scent, into my skin, into my soul. A seductive aura surrounds me, so mysterious, so feminine, so sexy. That's exactly what I need today. That's exactly what he needs today.

L'interdit is a beautiful soapy floral scented perfume. The combination of orange blossom, tuberose and poppy creates a great harmonic and exceptional warmth and the patchouli note is also very pleasant. I also detect jasmine. Not too much, not too little, just right. The longevity is good to very good and the scent works its way into the skin nicely. Definitely love at first smell!

Sparkling and elegant
This perfume is really a pleasant breath of spring, it is really an excellent mix of freshness, sweetness and femininity.

It is floral, musky and sweet, but in an elegant and never intrusive way, very easy to wear and suitable for all ages.

In the dry-down it becomes more enveloping and more sensual, but maintains its lightness and sparklingness throughout the day, with a truly remarkable longevity that makes it perfect for everyday use!
unsuccessful search
L`interdit always makes me think of the beautiful Fleur d´interdit, which was my wedding scent at the time.

But even the L interdit EDP had nothing to do with the forbidden flower - although I liked it in its own way.

Would the EdT come close to Fleur?

No, not at all.

It even moves away from the EDP - into the minus range.

I am used to good things from Givenchy - even though Fleur is the star in the firmament for me.

But the Plays and the Ange et Demons also have my approval.

But the L`interdit Edt welcomes me with a sweetly musty prelude.
May that be the poppy seed ?
Tuberose still pushes its way through the strangely musty curtain - but it can't displace it.

No, then rather the EDP , because it has no disturbing " aftertaste ".

Maybe Givenchy remembers the forbidden flower and brings a fragrance twin on the market?

But the beautiful flower remains forbidden.
Scandinavica
Nice little sister of Eau de Parfum!
After the divided opinions and rather negative comments I already read about the EdP that appeared last year, I was curious and wanted to test and compare both. The fragrance pyramid sounds very appealing, because I personally love tuberose and orange blossom very much, how bad can the fragrance experience be then already or?
Having worn both independently and both at the same time - the EdT on one arm, the EdP on the other - I have to say that they are not bad.
The EdT is definitely more comfortable to wear, it is much milder and not overdosed with two sprays. In the beginning as well as in the EdP the orange blossom is dominantly sweet, as if you had stumbled upside down into a flowering tree, but not quite as intense as in the EdP. Tuberose is added fresh and clean, in contrast to some other fragrances, where it smells heavy and "greasy". Something I could compare to poppies, I don't smell anywhere. The scent is grounded in vetiver and a note that vaguely reminds me of cocoa butter with its powdery gourmand scent (is that the patchouli?). And so tuberosy-orange-flowery one then flowers the whole day (6h+) in front of oneself.
In durability, the little sister is in no way inferior to EdP, the Sillage is strong, but not obtrusive or room-filling.
All in all a nice fragrance with enough restraint to be wearable among people. The composition and the love-hate that some people have for tuberose is, of course, a question of taste.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Gentler and less gourmand that the edp version, it's a pleasant daily scent revealing a soft tuberose heart. The sillage is discrete.Classy

by Scarletrose
by Scarletrose

Popular Givenchy

Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2021) (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy Cologne by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Parfum) by Givenchy