L'Interdit 2020Eau de Parfum Intense

Version from 2020
L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Givenchy
L'Interdit (2020) (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a new perfume by Givenchy for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBlack pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Patchouli, Leather, Bourbon vanilla, Roasted sesame absolute

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 15.01.2021.

The Interdict
This wonderfully feminine fragrance L'Interdit (Intense) has come to my attention, just as it should, through three very esteemed ladies.

First of all, a month ago Runa (I'm always happy about your great photos and refreshing texts - I'm glad you're here!) wrote a passionate 10 (or 12) point commentary here. Next, two weeks ago, Edda (you know I'm a fan of you and your haiku statements!) posted an almost as enthusiastic review here. And last Friday, my dear favorite colleague handed me a sample of the fragrance she got for free at the perfumery, with the remark: "For your exchange box. It only gives you a headache." That makes you curious
I come later to the actual scent and sneak first over the Akzidentialia. The fragrance is not called "Interdit" (forbidden) but "L'Interdit", which is the more exciting and ambiguous name. "L'Interdit" can also be the Interdikt, a mild form of the church ban (as punishment for crime or heresy). Even if this is probably not meant, for the French listener this meaning is surely unconsciously resonating. The main meaning is "ban", but also "taboo". I find the name quite appropriate for this exciting, somnambulistically elegant scent dancing on the edge of a knife.

The perfumers also make people sit up and take notice. Dominique Ropion is one of the greats, and he has often worked with Anne Flipo. As co-productions, they have created such famous (and heterogeneous) fragrances as Acqua di Gioia, Invictus and Lady Million. Without Anne Flipo, he is responsible for vast amounts of other mainstream and niche fragrances, from Krazy Krizia, La Vie Est Belle and Alien EdP to Portrait of a Lady, Oud Malaki and Vetiver Extraordinaire. Flipo in turn has created the highly interesting La Chasse aux Papillons. Fanny Bal comes in third here. The funny thing is that Acqua di Gioia is one of the favourite fragrances of my favourite colleague...

The marketing color of this fragrance is black, and this sets a wrong track. Because the scent impression is not. Because emotionally it is not a gloomy scent, but rather awake and perhaps erotically tense, but at the same time flattering, soothing and even comforting. Synesthetically I perceive the fragrance as a multi-toned grey and brown, a symphony in anthracite, ash, ochre, sienna, chamois and sepia.

To me, L'Interdit is very tightly and densely woven, like a fabric that is warm and gives security, never tearing, and yet is at the same time soft and light. On the whole, L'Interdit Intense is noble but unpretentious; sensual but cool; material to the point of edibility, but at the same time distanced and pictorial.

On fabric, this "ban" unfolds in a somewhat tart, almost green, almost fruity direction, I have to think of Creed's vetiver original, but softer, saffron-like.

On my skin I perceive a completely different scent (and the question remains open for me what the overall impression would be if I accompanied a lady who had applied the scent to her skin and clothing). Here I perceive the scent as being layered, like a puff pastry or a geological formation, whereby the individual layers, in the ochre and grey tones described above, play with the viewer like a picture puzzle:

There are, after an unmistakable, highly distinctive opening, which evokes a memory in me, but which I can't get hold of, very slightly sweet lines, powdery-floury, cocoa, or rather soy flour, which then lose their sweetness and yet are perhaps crushed clay. There is a tingling, clear, subtle spiciness, a grey dry crackling, which then glides out again velvety on soft skin. There are far, far away inklings of a soft saffiano leather, which, as soon as you want to grasp it, turn into bitter chocolate.

Without doubt, the fragrance has a strong flowery side. At times, it seems dense and heavy, lilac and hyacinths come to mind. But perfumers manage to break through and lighten this heaviness in such a way that L'Interdit Intense never seems oppressive or old-fashioned, but innovative and light for all its cosiness. The scent of roasted sesame oil, which I know well, I am not able to perceive, but a wonderful soft benzoin-like nasal tickling.

The durability and projection is quite striking, but surprisingly reserved for an "Intense" fragrance. This fits in well with the essence of the fragrance, which is intense and lively, but doesn't bluster drunk in the streets; it's emotional, but also clear and precise; mysterious, but not confused. I love such ambiguous, non-determined scents.

At the moment I have a generous phase in the scoring process, which is reflected in the fact that, contrary to my usual practice, I sometimes raise old ratings a bit. So maybe 9.5 is a little bit due to the enthusiasm of the moment. But an unusually beautiful fragrance it is, without question
Whether L'Interdit is one of the women's fragrances I could imagine on myself, I do not know yet. The idea doesn't seem completely absurd to me, but for the time being I would like to leave it entirely to the beautiful ladies of my virtual and real environment. With the exception of my favourite colleague, whom I would of course wish anything but headaches.
My blind purchase
I once dared to do something with this scent. I bought it blind for the commissies and statements. So many perfumes don't own it (yet)...there was nothing to be found in the souk and then a good offer from Douglas came in.

Even if it's not really important, but unpacking the bottle from the cardboard box was already a celebration. On the outside black, on the inside in a beautiful red and then you have a beautiful black bottle in your hand....hach yes.... Rarely have I enjoyed it as much as I did with this sweetheart here.

My comment is certainly superfluous, because everything that has been written so far is correct.
He starts wonderfully, namely absolutely strong and deep with pepper, which caused a slight sting in my nose for the first seconds. But really only very briefly, then orange blossoms and tuberose wrap around you.
Inevitably the thought came to me immediately whether I bought an 80s fragrance here. I mean, I am the "used to" .... but there are bound to be a few for whom the prelude is too much.
This is the kind of scent that enters the room in front of you, first the perfume, then you. You are perceived with this perfume and should dose carefully.
If you like that, you should definitely try it.
I don't smell patchouli, but maybe that's why it's so dark In normal times, that would be an evening scent. But that's bad right now, which is why I'll wear it all the time, just not in the office
Someone wrote of a similarity to the Libre Intense by YSL. And yes, I thought so right away. I have a specimen of that, and even if the two are similar, Anne Flipo has worked on both fragrances, so the Libre Intense is lighter, a bit lighter. But it's also a great scent, which you should check out if this one is too dark for you.
What else is there to write? He is powerful, daughter(28) smelled him from 3m distance, but also found him beautiful. But he withdraws after 2-3 h, but still stays with you for a long time.
Did I mention how much I like this perfume? Anyway, I'm really glad I got it. He will accompany me from now until spring. The actual version is unknown to me, by the way.

Runa
The "Intoxication of the Senses"
"No - not another one!"
"But you like me so much..." --
"I know, but what's the point?" --
"I am different from all the others you like!"
"I know, and I'm also very sorry, and I know that I would like to have you around me so much, but too much is just too much!"
"You don't like me as much as you say... "...as you say --
"That's not true, I like you very much, more than I care to! You would step into my life and for the first time among your own kind you would not be the one about which one rather consciously attracts attention, plays with it, maybe even puts it to the test, but rather the one that puts you in the foreground, while you only flank, underline, instead of going forward."
"Yes, it's true - then buy me!"

-----------

Can a perfume "lie" so much ???

No, I don't think so!
Some' others may be deceitful or even mendacious, but not this one, not "L'Interdit Intense", which delivers what it promises:
No frills, no frills, no frills, no frills!
L'Interdit Intense - L'Interdit Intense, that is sovereignty, self-confidence and understatement at the same time. That is charisma, elegance, warmth, orient (even in winter!), addiction (but no greed), pure temptation and more magic than prohibition - all this beyond 1,001 night, rather the 1,011th or twelfth, the "12" on (m)a scale from 1 to 10.

The orchestra of ingredients lives in unison, the melody is extremely catchy, not too heavy, not too sweet, (again) very modern and yet somehow also an evergreen - an "all in one", so to speak.

After my test my statement was
Voilà, here I am - so the message!
"Hotter" than the original, even more caressing, cuddly, intense and offensive in appearance!
and I'm sticking with it
Intense is even better than the "original" (10!), but again remains more reserved, more defensive, but is also more stable, longer-lasting, finer, creamier, a further increase in well-being and comfort
Tuberose, patchouli, vétiver, leather, orange blossom, vanilla, roasted sesame - all fabrics from which dreams are initiated and also made. The concert of it is very coherent, in everything, somehow not new, just as little as old or worn out, no, it is different ...

The attraction of the forbidden subtly becomes an intensive program, is very sustainable, but does not have to be a constant companion, but has all the potential to be one.

L'Interdit Intense may be too "monotonous" for some, but it would still remain a special expression of permanence and sustainability, one way or another, from the first to the last moment.

The forbidden - perfume.

Amadea70
From Gotham through tuberose heaven to the death star
I love cinema! And because I wanted my daughter to love cinema too, I now know almost all the Lego films of the last few years. Otherwise my headline would have been Lord Helmet:)

To me, the bottle looks like the Lego figures Batman and Darth Vader. I really had to smile when I saw that bottle in front of me. "I'm in your father" I can literally hear. But, shmuck, it's a beautiful bottle, and it's made of glass. The rubber band with the Givenchy emblem wasn't needed, but good
For my sprayer I first go to the kitchen, get pepper mill and sesame oil (roasted). Spray: yes, black pepper is in it - smells like ground pepper..........and then a lot of tuberose, although I didn't have it in the kitchen - a dream.
Now I just have to smell the sesame oil - hm. I'm switching from hand to oil bottle.... hand - oil bottle - hand - oil bottle. All right, there'll be some in there. In my bottle it is probably not roasted ,Vanilla yes - Patchoulie dezent.

Lord Helmet is in a good mood. I'll comb the desert, maybe I'll find the roasted sesame oil.
The Dark Lady
A very expressive and almost dominant scent which is slightly softened by the vanilla in the first 3 hours. Nevertheless a perfume that has something to say and rushes past many others. The roasted sesame is strangely enough in my nose all the time, I am actually waiting for my oh so beloved Patchuli. This has almost no power against "Miss Roast Flavor"... It will be something sweet and sesame (shouldn't be negative), thanks to the tuberose - you can always rely on it when you need a really intense floral thrill! The bottle is not only black, by the way a very beautiful and noble bottle no this whole lady is extremely dark, probably dressed in a black naturally expensive noble leather jacket with fine black stockings which are stuck in sinfully high pumps gasping for air, there looks about a pei... oh no I do not want to stimulate any fantasy here.
Women with high self-confidence can wear it well, it is noticed, and it remains in the memory of many a man. Durability I also indicate 8 hours and more. In the whole fragrance process it loses some of its angularity and becomes a little softer, but always with the roasted sesame seeds as a companion. It is unusual, not bad, you have to get used to the newer aromas first I am firmly convinced that he will find his dark lovers. Is not a girly perfume, the woman who wears it wants to make a statement and be taken. It is available in three sizes, starting with 30 ml ca, 70 Euro.

Love at First Sight - III
Love at First Sight - I
Love at First Sight - II
by Runa
Verbotene Früchte vom Baum der Erkenntnis... oder ist's doch nur Schneewittchens Apfel?
by 2020Antiope
Danke an Alle :-)
by Organzalady
by Venusia
by Venusia

Popular Givenchy

Insensé (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Ysatis (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Pi (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (2007) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Organza Indécence (1999) (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Vetyver by Givenchy Monsieur de Givenchy (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Gentlemen Only Absolute by Givenchy Play Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Amarige (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Organza (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (2007) by Givenchy Xeryus (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy Ambre Tigré by Givenchy Ange ou Démon (Eau de Parfum) by Givenchy Givenchy III (1970) (Parfum) by Givenchy Xeryus Rouge (Eau de Toilette) by Givenchy