True Story 2016

True Story by Glamfume
6.4 / 10 195 Ratings
True Story is a perfume by Glamfume for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is still available to purchase.

Main accords

Sweet
Fruity
Floral
Synthetic
Gourmand

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot GrapefruitGrapefruit GingerGinger Mandarin orangeMandarin orange NutmegNutmeg NeroliNeroli PetitgrainPetitgrain PeppermintPeppermint LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart Notes PineapplePineapple AppleApple BlackberryBlackberry GalbanumGalbanum JasmineJasmine CardamomCardamom CloverClover CorianderCoriander OrangeOrange RoseRose RosemaryRosemary ThymeThyme VioletViolet Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base Notes AmberAmber LeatherLeather MossMoss MuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli ChocolateChocolate Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla CedarCedar
Submitted by Seerose, last update on 21.12.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Very helpful Review 5
Not My True Story
I'll start with the best:

Sometime between the 7th and 8th hour of this fragrance journey, I find on my wrist a rather nice slightly tart woody, mossy dark chocolate note that only hints at vanilla and tonka. On top of that, alternating light fruity and floral notes hover. This is a fragrance experience, which I would give so between 7 - 8 out of 10 stars.

The rest:

From the beginning to the time described above, I have only fruit gum in the nose. I imagine to smell something floral at some point, but that may have been wishful thinking. The specified herbs and spices avoid me.

At about/after the eighth hour, the fruit gum pushes its way back to the forefront, with the aforementioned base winking through once again every now and then.

The sillage is rather mau, the durability is good to very good (unfortunately).

I thank Clarabella for the test opportunity.
Top Review 16
Who does not search, finds nevertheless...
Thanks to a dear Parfuma I came across this fragrance by chance. Actually, I was primarily looking forward to the ordered bottling of another perfume when I opened her fragrance mail. But 'True Story' was included as a nice encore. I had never heard of it before, but the name made me curious...

Admittedly, the almost crazy sequence of fragrances made me smile a bit after the first test. For me, the fragrance generally contains neither floral nor spicy. It starts rather tasty fruity and with a lot of Wumms! In the transition, the gourmand notes gradually unfold, of which the chocolate clearly has the trousers on. At some point a touch of patchouli will be added. That's the way it stays and the scent nestles comfortably-warm to its carrier.

So far so good. Honestly, I could totally understand if you were thinking, "Hmm, okay. Sounds completely unspectacular, everything has been there before.

But what makes the scent so interesting for me after all? I'll be glad to tell you! I am usually very difficult with fragrances that have chocolate and patchouli in the base. Often the chocolate develops into a dark, bitter companion. 70 % plus! I don't like it in reality, because I'm rather the creamy milk or white chocolate type.

The problem with Patchouli is that it quickly seems too shrill, squeaky and overdosed for my nose. So I already missed some scents in the trydown, which I thought were really great before.

But not with 'True Story': Here the chocolate has exactly the right amount of cocoa and the patchouli holds back elegantly or rather underlines the sweetness of the chocolate.

I'm fished! Wants to have!!! :)

Lovely perfume.
This is a lovely perfume which I got as a sample with my Parfumdreams.de online order. Gorgeous scent and the fragrance lifts your mood instantly. All the fragrance notes are well blended like a symphony. It has some of my favorites like bergamot, mandarin, neroli, jasmine, rose, moss and violet. Only thing I dislike is the bottle shape is too masculine for the female scent. There is also a Truestory scent for men with same bottle there it fits.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Glamfume

White Heaven Beach by Glamfume True Story Men by Glamfume White Heaven Beach Men by Glamfume Keep Calm and Love Sylt 2 by Glamfume Keep Calm and Love Sylt 1 by Glamfume Keep Calm and Love Sylt 3 by Glamfume Keep Calm and Love Sylt 4 by Glamfume Keep Calm and Love Sylt 5 by Glamfume