Pacific Rock Moss (2016)

Pacific Rock Moss by Goldfield & Banks

Pacific Rock Moss is a popular perfume by Goldfield & Banks for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is still in production.

Australian seaside moss, Italian lemon, French sage, Egyptian geranium, Virginia cedar

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 21.05.2020.

Condorpilot1
Dream beaches, turquoise water and holidays in your head - thanks to Pacific Rock Moss
I don't know about you, but usually perfumes create a scene in my head when I test them. A scenery in which I imagine exactly what kind of place, environment, people, nature or weather I can pictorially see in front of me when I wear a fragrance. Sometimes it's a bit like reading a book - there are scents that tell you a story. That's how I feel about Pacific Rock Moss (PRM) from Australian perfume manufacturer Goldfield & Banks. Goldfield & Banks tries to translate the authentic Australian nature into various scents, from the hot deserts, glittering coasts and deep, fragrant forests. At least that is the philosophy, as you can read on the manufacturer's website. These lines alone promise a lot, even though unfortunately I have never visited Australia before.

With Pacific Rock Moss, Goldfield & Banks have managed to achieve exactly what they set out to do, namely to wrap a landscape in Australia in a fragrance. Yes, about 2-3 years ago there was a real hype in the community "Fragcomm" on Facebook about this fragrance. One of them somehow started to discover PRM, spread the word, suddenly everybody wanted it and felt that everybody had it after a while. Now nobody talks about PRM anymore but wait until summer comes.

If I now try to describe the scene Pacific Rock Moss describes to me in my head, it looks something like this: Imagine the beach of your dreams. Remote, natural, small, idyllic, palm trees, white sand, surrounded by high, barren, pointed and dark rocks. Simple like a typical wallpaper. You hardly expect to feel this perfect, crystal clear, turquoise water on your skin. You take a running start and run with outstretched arms and the warm sea. That first moment is the opening of Pacific Rock Moss. Fresh and at the same time warm aquatic life envelopes you, you feel the salt of the sea on your tongue and dive down for a moment. When you emerge, you feel like new born, you feel and smell everything in your environment much more intense. You smell the lemons, limes, grapefruits from the nearby surroundings, you smell them from the plate on which they are arranged next to your deck chair under the parasol. You want more and get out of the turquoise water. You get closer and the many citrus fruits become more and more noticeable as the warm water on your skin slowly fades and dries. Suddenly you have the smell of coconuts in your nose - yes, actually coconut (and synthetic apple and in between vanilla ice cream although there is nothing about it here but I smell it), coconut accompanies and harmonizes perfectly with the citrus fruits. On the way out of the water you drive with one hand over a small rock on which the green juicy moss grows. Accidentally a piece of moss sticks to your hand but it smells good. In combination with lemon, coconut and turquoise water it smells like a dream beach. You don't want to get away from that anymore. As it is, it is perfect in this moment.

Arrived at the beach couch you enjoy a cold Margarita cocktail: tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, the glass decorated with a salt rim. There is no better drink for this place. Maybe a glass of coconut water to sober you up. You don't want to leave this place, the way it is, it's perfect at this moment.

With Pacific Rock Moss you get a lot and shortly after spraying it on you get, so to speak, everything at once. The individual components are so wonderfully coordinated that I at least smell more than the fragrance description suggests. Every single component plays with another one in alternation and that makes the perfume very exciting. That's why it's not as linear as you might think. Nevertheless, I feel that the fragrance is more citric than aquatic over the whole process. The aquatic is strongest in the first few minutes. Later on it alternates between green-moss and citric. These two characteristics predominate until the end.

There were probably also discussions about durability. Supposedly, many PRM's were underground. Recently I read a rumour that the scent was even reformulated and now lasts better and longer (!). Usually the words "reformulation" and "better" are contradictory and never present in perfumes. But I can't say anything about an alleged reformulation. In my case there are a good 6 hours in it, I didn't expect more. The sillage is quite strong in the beginning and becomes much paler after about one and a half hours. Especially when the skin warms up outside and you walk through the sun, Pacific Rock Moss gets stronger.

In conclusion, I can judge for myself that Pacific Rock Moss has really taken a shine to me. It definitely has the potential to be a perfect summer scent, because it combines fresh citric and aquatic notes just the way it should be. The fact that it also triggers such images in my head only makes it even better. It makes me want to go far away.

PS: The scenery of the fragrance is similar to the one of Whitehaven Beach and Lucky Bay in Australia. If you want to see the two beaches, there are of course pictures on the internet ;-)
Fragrance Trek-Am edge of madness
The perfume room-infinite vastness ...

"We are in a far-off future. These are the adventures of the new spaceship Parfumo, which is travelling many light years away from Earth to discover strange noses, unknown scents and new creations. The Parfumo penetrates into bottles that no human being has ever seen before."

Captain's log of the Parfumo
Stardate 02042020
Captain Schoork

The Earth is in danger. A new kind of virus is causing trouble for mankind and turns parts of it into bunker zombies and mummies.
We had the task to find new living space and started with an extra wagon of noodles and toilet paper in the niche quadrants. But we didn't expect that the extra weight would clog some pipes, so we were forced to call out Italian weeks. There was a lot of Pasta ala Spacko and we gave ourselves Italian names On our journey, our Chinese cook Chop Suey discovered a gap in the market and crocheted toilet roll caps for the hat rack at the back of the spaceship. This was last done in the 70/80s in the 20th century. For some a resounding success
While we were heading for a planet called Pacific Rock, it was kind of the hot shit
When we arrived we first had to find out that the planet was already inhabited. There were a lot of synths here, but less Roma.
Synthies are an artificial life form with an average life expectancy. Created to prolong their own life, they have spread a lot. Some of them are unbearable, but here we were received very friendly.

In general, this was a friendly place. Oceans and coasts, moss-covered rocks, herb plantations, fresh air and lemon trees wherever you look We were welcomed with sage tea with coconut flakes and invited to explore the area. I took a piece of sugar for the tea and agreed that we would set off as soon as the sun rose again.

Synths live here according to a point system. They evaluate things and get points for it and who has the most is highly regarded. So some people think. But we thought it was strange. Some rated things that don't exist and others were busy all day long. You can't buy anything for that, so we recommended Payback. Some of them just waved their palm trees. Mister Spack found this fascinating
On our exploratory tour we noticed how pleasantly fresh the air was. Clean and pure, slightly sweet from the surrounding lemon fields, mixed with the lingering taste of sage tea. In the morning the cock crowed solo and in the evening Vaderte it off. The ocean waves broke on high coastal cliffs and a pleasant breeze of sea air blew around us again and again. The moss on the rocks was juicy and soaked with fresh water. Here and some flowers stood out, which was nice to look at.

Yes it was almost paradise, the tour went on for almost 6-7h and it seemed to us as if we had recovered after all the stress in this time until we were told about the rent which was relatively high for a piece of land to cross in this time.

We put the data into our astrodroid C3PR2 and waited for feedback from Earth.
A lot had happened there. Kevin Müller had appointed himself emperor there, because he had the last supplies of paper and sewage plant technician became the best paid profession, right after make-up artist.

Barilla proclaimed a state of her own and waged war against Buitoni.

We flew to Pacific Rock a total of 3 times and in the end we realized that the living space would not be enough for all the people here, but for a few it would be a pleasant refuge where you could escape reality for a few hours. If you like, you had your own private island for a moment
The synths we got to know were friendly and nice, never intrusive, so we decided to stop by every now and then when we wanted to escape the cosmic everyday life.

The earth as we know it no longer exists, people make stupid things out of boredom, virtually and in real life they attack the property of others and are envious. Our board doctor Pulle said, it is theoretically possible that the virus is mutated and also makes stupid
For me and the crew this meant that we stayed on the ship to avoid first contact. Our Halbborg Triple of 4 had the game of life with us, which we could use to pass the time.

How long this will be is literally written in the stars, which we will continue to explore along the way.

And tomorrow there will be Schnitzel
Power!
Tim Tam Slam for the nose
What are Tim Tams? Tim Tams are chocolate chip cookies from Australia. When I was young the biggest goal for many of my friends was to bake in Australia for a year and many of them did. Eventually the point came where they met again and besides all the adventures in their luggage there was usually always a box of Tim Tams as a present with the remark that you have to try the Tim Tam Slam. You dip a Tim Tam cookie into a glass with milk, bite off a piece at the top and suck the milk out through the cookie. Everyone was incredibly excited and I couldn't wait to try it :)

So said, done. Tim Tam bitten off, mhh good, tasty, put it in the milk, sucked the milk out and then I stood there and wondered...is that it? Cookie was delicious, milk was good, combination of chocolate cookie and milk too, but there was no real enthusiasm. Was that the legendary Tim Tam Slam? And to be honest, I feel the same way with this scent. It is made of high quality, the combination of moss and sage is great and for an aquatic enthusiast really good! However, I don't know if my expectations were too high, if I was hoping a bit too much after all the reviews, if the price is just too gaudy (and I already got a discount by a good online offer) or if I'm just not a typical aquatic wearer. For me it smells more like a very high-quality shower money and not necessarily like a noble perfume which I would wear all the time. However, the spirits are certainly divided here, for fans of aquatic fragrances who are willing to spend a little more than normal, this will certainly find a place on the shelf. But I think I prefer to stay with Chanel Allure Blanche or Varvato's Artisan Pure in the summer - one fulfills my love for sweet summer scents and the other for days when I feel like a bit of the harsher Mediterranean machos.

Conclusion:

+ Good combinations of notes
+ Aquatics fans will get their money's worth
+ For an aquatics enthusiast quite individual

- High price
- Not unique enough for me personally to justify such a price
Creamy freshness
I like fresh fragrances, like probably everyone, but more aquatic, interesting ones. Interesting is this one, but not clear enough for me. The "milky" is clearly noticeable. That's why on the other hand it looks interesting again and not so conventional.
The fragrance is one of the mild variety, but still a good summer scent. I won't buy it for the price
Sugar80
BUT: He could be perfect :)
What you need to know:
My professional competence in fragrances is going against ZERO.
It is quite similar with red wine :)

Nevertheless, I have now dared to write my very first comment. Well-founded the need to give something back, after a very dear perfumer sent me this as a small sample :) Thanks, Flo!

I love to test, to sniff, to capture the feeling of what each fragrance is capable of generating. So much, I can't even buy new shower gel or shampoo without sniffing all the new ones including the one I want to buy and knowing exactly what it smells like :)

This one surprises me. I can't remember ever having a similar smell in this station wagon in front of my nose.
I like the moss and also the freshness and the salty note fits perfectly to awaken associations and wanderlust for the island "Chillin' Lazy" :) It feels as if you are ready to enjoy it to the fullest, to let your soul dangle and switch off with sun on your skin and a smile on your face. This part is gorgeous and I would want to bathe in it! ..

..if it weren't for that indefinable, sweet, building brick sitting in the middle. At first somehow central but isolated, then he connects and takes over control, completely overlays and dominates, not in an erotic way, but in a way that is intrusive to my perception and makes an unpleasant mess of it, similar to a failed layering attempt.

Could it be that this is what I get for my nose in combination with the lemon (but why sweet?) or am I imagining a touch of coconut? - which I don't generally like in perfumes, hmm... maybe a little of both.
A touch of vanilla or tonka instead and he might have been perfect for me :)

Maybe someone is looking for something like that, then he could be perfect! An exciting fragrance experience that was definitely!
Third attempt.
So, now for the third time I try to write a comment to this fragrance. I erased all the previous ones. Not because they were bad, but because they don't do justice to the scent.

As the appearance of the bottle suggests, it is more suitable for summer. For those days when you go to a lake or an outdoor pool because it's just too hot for anything else. On holiday in the Caribbean, on Bora Bora or the Maldives it also fits. I've never been there before, but you know what I mean. What I want to illustrate with this is this carefree attitude that you have on days when you simply don't think about anything and enjoy the beautiful weather and the free time. This is exactly what this fragrance embodies for me.

If I had to describe it with one word, it would be "pleasant", but in this case it is much too expressionless for such a fragrance. It's hard to describe how cuddly it smells, so you want to sniff it all the time without it sounding boring.
The interplay of lemon, which has an aquatic touch, with this easily perceived salty note and later with a minimal woody finish, makes it perfect. Anyway, if you're just evaluating the smell. A very high statement to call something perfect, but here it fits. At least from my point of view. One of those scents you just can't get enough of, maybe because of its volatility.

On the subject of ephemerality. Unfortunately there is a big disadvantage and that is in this case the durability and sillage. The shelf life is not so bad if you really look at how long you can notice it on your skin. However, the Sillage becomes weak after relatively short time. On my skin it weakens already after 20 minutes.
This throws the fragrance out of the race as an initiative for a fresh autumn, spring or even winter fragrance. Even on cold summer days, it is difficult to assert itself.

If I think about it carefully, the disadvantage also has something positive. If this fragrance had a monstrous durability and sillage, I would probably reduce my collection by 80% and mostly wear it, which would be sad somewhere.
Although I still have the feeling that I haven't said everything I have planned, I will leave it at that. Some things simply cannot be put into words and perhaps exactly what I would like to describe is just my subjective perception.

This is also the reason why I would recommend at least one sample to everybody despite the weak H/S. You can't wear it often, but it's even nicer if it fits.

The most beautiful things in life are often of short duration.
Aglianico
Angel blue ice and sand between the toes
There's an ice cream parlor in the town where I grew up. Opposite her: a church. There's a little wood behind it. In summer the queue in front of the ice cream parlour is long because the ice is good. One of the varieties, at least at that time, had been baptized "angel blue" by the operators, perhaps because of the nearby church, perhaps because of the delicate blue tone, which was nevertheless too intense to pass for sky blue. It was a very sweet, very artificial, non-alcoholic blue curaçao syrup ice cream, a sin that was very popular with children and young people. First and foremost with me.

Pacific Rock Moss reminds me of this ice.

Not because this "weird Aquate" would be cute. He certainly isn't. But he is lovely, squeaky (unfortunately only a few hours), playful-juvenile, cheerful and carefree in a way that makes me forgive him that I don't really like this genus at all.

The watery turquoise/blue of the perfume goes beautifully with this fragrance (and probably contributed to my angel blue-ice association). Equally wonderful: that it is an "overseas fragrance" that, due to a lack of long traditions, does not have to take into account a portfolio that has been around for decades and the "pressure of tradition" that weighs on the backs of the established houses. A bit like an Australian Shiraz wine ran "out of competition" for a long time and was mildly smiled at by lovers of a southern French Syrah.

For me, it's a scent for summer. A fragrance that carries me through the years back to the outdoor pool. To the sunbathing lawn. If you let yourself fall on the towel exhausted after one hour in the water, roll around, close your eyes and let the sun see you red. When the previous effort leads to this wonderful vertigo that connects you very firmly to the earth and the world.

For me, Pacific Rock Moss is a fragrance that I (if it weren't so expensive) could well imagine for teenagers and young adults, unisex (and all those who want to remember those times). With his quite pronounced "artificiality" he has a youthful vibe (I have to constantly think of the sweets of the outdoor kiosk while writing). In the best sense of the word. This is a time, in which one - hopefully - does not know many things yet, and many things in one's actions are not yet considered, whereby sometimes a light-heartedness can come about, which will unfortunately not exist later in life (at least not this one).

Speaking of artificiality. Yes, with the lemon I go d'accord. But coastal moss, sage...? I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. It doesn't matter. Maybe that's marketing. Maybe it's supposed to help achieve a fragrance placebo effect (and with my associations above he's obviously done just that, Chapeau!). I smelled "Parco Palladiano XV: Salvia Blu" twice, which is supposed to have a pronounced salvia note, and they divide a bit away. But if this is "natural sage" - I can't say (at least all sage species, which I smelled in nature so far, smelled different).

But I think Pacific Rock Moss is more of a kidnapping scent anyway. A fragrance that wants to take you away into the summer, into the scorching sun, into the convertible, into Capri for my sake, or even to those faraway, empty beaches of the Australian east coast, somewhere between Brisbane and Sydney. One wears white linen shirts, salt crystals in one's hair, the sea bursts and there are no more thoughts, everything is here and now, crunching sand between one's toes.
Wake the surfer in you!
Yes, Goldfield & Banks, from a land of high waves and numerous beaches, is aquatic-citric. Not an easy task, especially with me. Often it seems too artificial to me to bring in the sea. Often less but more or in this case really is sea feeling in fact.

I can smell it, a beautiful sun oil with lemon, in the background you can smell a slight hint of sea scent, but discreet - a little mossy, a few pieces of wood are lying around, sage doesn't pierce my nose like that, but perhaps interacts with the other ingredients.

You want to plunge into the sea right away, even if the surf is dangerous. The surfer just wakes up in you. The fragrance is so pleasant, especially in summer, light and untroubled, but still clearly perceptible, without appearing any synthetically intrusive. There you can endure it and stroll on the beach or just chill on the towel and then venture into the surf. It is really a water of life or of joie de vivre.

For me "Pacific Rock Moss" is truly aquatic in a positive sense. Where Creed's "Virgin Island Water" is already a great summer scent, it still adds some sea. I wouldn't want to miss either of them in their own way. Some think in both cases a lot of money for so much simplicity, but especially in the aquatic area many went swimming, for example the "Aqva Amara", which in this sense is only slightly above average for me, whose expression is not so good for me. He wouldn't work for me as a collector of compliments, if you will, I don't feel comfortable, here already.

Only then will this formula work and not, as is so often shown today, as a self-runner. That's why I got myself a fresh piece of Australia and enjoyed it for myself

Something going on with moss - this Aussi rocks
An Australian label with fragrances from Down Under? I would certainly have liked to get some of that from my trip to Australia, if I had already been a Parfumo member at that time and if the stuff had already been there.

Unfortunately my trip is more than a decade ago and I had Terre d´Hermès in my hand luggage, which just came out brand new and was allowed to accompany me between Melbourne, Adelaide, Alice Springs and Sidney. In the meantime I have more or less forgotten the scent, but the continent, its cities, landscapes, flora, fauna, people and culinary specialities are still in my extraordinarily positive memory. I can definitely recommend it.

I can also write the same about Pacific Rock Moss. A really feister freshness kick, which starts at first extremely citrical, almost a bit exaggerated and again releases a roaring surf with all kinds of green moss and a few splashes of sage.

If that doesn't wake you up, you can't help it anymore. At least it must be enough for the first few minutes, because this almost brute Acqua citrus freshness on the edge of legality with a fine line between nature and artificiality can only hold the Eau de Parfum (on my test vial "Parfum Concentrate") to a limited extent. After that it is still linearly refreshing, but the surprise effect is gone for the time being.

For me, Pacific Rock Moss would have been the perfect olfactory souvenir back then, but you can also have a lot of fun with the fragrance if you like this direction.

Great carefree fragrance from Australia
Pacific Rock Moss from Goldfield & Banks. A rather unknown brand from Australia. Without Youtube, he'd probably have disappeared. I became attentive by the Youtuber Demi Rawling from Australia. A pretty lady with good videos and good perfume taste. In her videos this fragrance was number 1 in her favourite summer fragrances. The description has already aroused curiosity to test it. It is not that easy to find, as many perfumeries, even larger ones, do not carry this brand. Finally I ordered a small bottling for an extensive test.

The bottle is very chic and fits this aquatic concept. Also the name is really well chosen, if you have tested this fragrance. This is of course a fresh summer scent, which can also be worn for sports or to cooler temperatures. Fresh scents like this? They always leave. Even if I spray it on now I feel poodle well.
The indicated scents are all to be smelled or guessed. In the foreground stands the citric aquatics. Aquatics fully my thing, here well and great implemented. It starts very strongly with a citric note with a lot of rose geranium. Also very fresh and slightly sweet sage is well perceptible and makes the thing nicely soft. In addition, there is a mossy note, which, however, is not too much in the foreground. The name matches the Australian coastal moss. This fragrance definitely has a Pacific flair. When one smells this scent, water comes to mind that resembles the color of the scent.
All in all a great creation that fits perfectly to the casual look. The fragrance creates a casual and cool appearance. Not only at hot temperatures a great companion, which provides a high feel-good factor.
Performance is so lala. It starts very strongly, but decomposes in the Sillage and quickly becomes a bit close. Here you can take around 6+ sprayers. The durability is mediocre, for fresh fragrances however still absolutely in order.
Criticism is the price. Many do not carry this smell, if yes then with less well-known Shops starting from 100, with more respectable Shops between 125 and 145 euro a 100ml. It's not money thrown out, but you can get good scents of this kind for a fraction of the price. What you have to leave to this scent: A real twin of scents doesn't cross my mind. He already has charm and a great pacific flair.

All in all a great fragrance that definitely deserves a test

ItchynoseItchynose 11 months ago
Slightly sweet aquatic with a bit of lemon & a lot of moss. White linen and straw hat by the beach kind of scent. Pleasant but short-lived.
Ernie824Ernie824 15 months ago
From other reviewers is similar to Sea, Salt and Fig by Old Navy sold here in the U.S

by Felsn
by sebjar
by Lah
by Lah

Popular Goldfield & Banks

Desert Rosewood by Goldfield & Banks White Sandalwood by Goldfield & Banks Wood Infusion by Goldfield & Banks Bohemian Lime by Goldfield & Banks Velvet Splendour by Goldfield & Banks Blue Cypress by Goldfield & Banks Southern Bloom by Goldfield & Banks