Southern Bloom 2018

Southern Bloom by Goldfield & Banks
Southern Bloom is a perfume by Goldfield & Banks for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

Coconut, Italian iris, Madagascan ylang-ylang, Java vetiver, Australian sandalwood, Tasmanian boronia absolute, Indian jasmine sambac, French blackcurrant

Submitted by Calista, last update on 16.03.2021.

Linthebottle
In search of the rare flower....
... through the jungles of Australia. Supposedly armed with camouflage clothing and appropriate equipment. Suddenly, on my search for the plant of desire, something hits me with full force in the face. It takes me a few minutes to regain my bearings, my head still aching. For God's sake, what was that? Nothing in sight. A glance next to me reveals: the shrub with the pink/pink little flowers is still wiggling. Is that how he blew me away? The Tasmanian Boronia!

Yeah, that's my first impression. A real floral whopper. Extremely. Very sad. Am of course again went in with expectations: something younger is the fragrance, I thought, the Blümelein dance around the Boronia. No, there's no dancing. There's just something there and it doesn't go away for a long time. I also find it a little old-fashioned - omega-like. I can still smell the sandalwood and the jasmine. But that's just my sensation.
The color of the Juice in the bottle also fits the fragrance very well. Dark pink...present

In the course of the fragrance, it calms down. Not a run-of-the-mill fragrance and it lasts and radiates. Didn't think it was that interesting, even in the progression. I think you either like him or just not. Can not imagine a 'goes so'.

Superb flowery fragrance
Southern Bloom is for me, overall, and as i have writen un the title, a superb flowery fragrance. The scent here is very natural and really...just great. The flowers shine un this perfume. What se find here the most is Boronia. I havent seen before this flower and i dont know how It smells but i think It must be something similar to an orchid since i get something like this un the mix. Them a very rich iris, more in the líne of Dior homme than un the líne of iris des champs, a very powdery iris with the make Up vibe and not a fresh and vright iris. At the same time the Jasmine gives some dirty character to the perfume what is really cool. What is weird is that I feel something like honey here but probably would be the ylang ylang with the coconut and the blackberries.
The opening is amazing, very dense and intense and attending to that It could be for sure one of my favourite perfumes. But thwn, after half an hours more or less, It becomes much more subtle and soft and adquiring a very short distances projection. The longevity is good but not also a beast. Therefore I find It a perfume more for warm days and probably better for daytime. I think It is totally unisex but men Who are afraid of flowers...please avoid It! :)

Scent: 9
Longevity: 8
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 5
Versatility: 8.5
Originality: 8
Global: 8.5

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 5 months ago
Great flowery fragrance where the Boronia is the Queen. Her court is formed by iris, Jasmine and ylang with the sweet touch of coconut

Popular Goldfield & Banks

Pacific Rock Moss by Goldfield & Banks Bohemian Lime by Goldfield & Banks Desert Rosewood by Goldfield & Banks Wood Infusion by Goldfield & Banks White Sandalwood by Goldfield & Banks Velvet Splendour by Goldfield & Banks Blue Cypress by Goldfield & Banks