Silky Woods 2021

Silky Woods by Goldfield & Banks
Silky Woods is a new perfume by Goldfield & Banks for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is woody-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Australian oudAustralian oud Ceylon cinnamonCeylon cinnamon SuedeSuede Tobacco leafTobacco leaf Madagascan ylang-ylangMadagascan ylang-ylang Tahitian vanillaTahitian vanilla SaffronSaffron Australian sandalwoodAustralian sandalwood FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by Curacao, last update on 24.06.2022.

Razvanyke
Much better than any expectation
The brand Goldfield and Banks was founded in 2017 in Australia by Dimitri Weber, a Belgian-Frenchman who had previously worked at perfume houses in Europe.

The first contact with them I had by testing Pacific Rock Moss which I find super nice and fresh, so I bought a bottle. Silky Woods was mainly my curiosity due to the wonderful golden bottle and all the fancy packaging.

After smelling it and wearing it for a while I can sense the high quality ingredients, the nice scent DNA and the woody, boozy similar to Baraonda type of scent. This is a perfume which came to stay.

You can see it in my video from below, thanks for watching.

ConejoLoco
A dream that invites you to dream..
This is my first review on Parfumo, however, the timing could not have been more ideal.

When I first sprayed Silky Woods on my skin yesterday I was instantly enchanted. Vanilla, cinnamon, wood and leather in such a coherent, balanced, warm and cozy composition, which is perfectly complemented by smoky, spicy notes.

The fragrance notes of Silky Woods fit together absolutely harmoniously into an almost linear accord. Neither sweetness, nor spice dominates.

Personally, I find that wood and incense assert themselves a little more strongly at the very end, however, all components are still well perceptible until then.

The shelf life is good, with me about 8 hours (on clothes a little longer).

The fragrance does not radiate extremely, so is not intrusive.

I'm very happy to have added this fragrance to my collection, especially since actually two more seasoned contenders for this fall / winter were on my wish list.

I say goodbye with a comforting, secure feeling and would like to advise both you men, as well as you women, absolutely to consider this fragrance in the future.

Landshark321
Niche sweet and resinous mix, well put together
Silky Woods is a recent release from the Australian house of Goldfield & Banks, aptly-named for its smoothness, mainly a mix of resins and vanilla with an undercurrent of oud, saffron, and florals. It’s instantly an easy winner for fans of vanilla and amber, a little less sweet than, say, a recent release in MFK Gentle Fluidity Gold, but a similar concept of a vanilla-heavy mix with some spicy elements.

It’s sweet but not saccharine, though the spiciness does not take away from the sweetness, but rather adds to it and complements it. I confess I don’t detect most of the notes in the listing, though.

Silky Woods has parfum concentration and its pricing is higher ($235) than the usual $185 for 100ml, sold currently online at Luckyscent and Bloomingdale’s, but I received my sample from Perfumology, so I’m confident that Nir has bottles available there as well, even though bottles are not shown as available on the website currently. Its performance isn’t super strong on my skin, a wee bit surprising given the price increase, as well, but I’ll have to sample it some more.

Overall, though, the scent is great, a nuanced vanilla/amber that feels carefully put together and well-rounded.

8 out of 10
Creamy wood
Today it's time for a first review of Silky Woods. Normally we associate Goldfield & Banks more with fresh scents or soft fragrances. Wood Infusion was already an exception. Silky Woods takes a whole new direction here and breaks new ground for Goldfield & Banks. Honestly, I never expected a release like this from Goldfield & Banks. I took some time to review here and tested Silky Woods extensively.

Silky Woods doesn't have any distinctly standout notes for me, which I find really interesting. I have very rarely experienced anything like this until now. Here we have a very interesting and incredibly harmonious combination of sweet notes: Saffron, Vanilla, Cinnamon and Ylang-Ylang. These notes combine with the woody, smoky notes: Incense, Oud, Sandalwood, Tobacco. The suede surprises me, I can't detect this one at all. The whole pictures a creamy, sweet and woody unity. Silky Woods is more of an overall picture of the individual notes. Even as it progresses Silky Woods remains absolutely linear, there is simply hardly any change here. I had a consistent scent here for 8-9 hours. This creamy woody note is really unique.

The nature of Silky Woods is clearly something unusual. However, I really like the concept. Silky Woods is a perfume that will please almost everyone. The reason is certainly that the notes such as leather, oud, tobacco and vanilla are not prominent.

Silky Woods is absolutely unisex, here really no tendency in one direction can be perceived.

The price on the other hand is ambitious for a Goldfield & Banks, 199€ is a bit too much in my opinion, because Goldfield & Banks are not extremely strong perfumes. Here it is not uncommon to use 5-6 sprays and then the price is already a bit high.

BearsmellBearsmell 3 months ago
Silky and smoothness to win over even those who don't generally go for oud.
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 9 months ago
Sexy, smooth, tender yet damn confident vanilla spiced up with soft leather. Tremendous longevity (8+ hours for sure). My number 1❣️
MariaSMariaS 9 months ago
Smooth sweet leathery vanilla…reminds me of montales dark vanilla but with more quality, more silky, elegant and smooth!
RisingChaosRisingChaos 9 months ago
Clean oud and creamy vanilla, some saffron, plus a light cinnamon dust. Drydown adds light tobacco and smoke. More woody than sweet.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
Niche version of Mercedes Benz Club Black. Sweet slightly smokey vanilla with creamy woods and beast mode performance - top 3 vanilla frags
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Cozy scent with a creamy sandalwood, a sweet and smoky vanilla (incense) and an intoxicating and a bit boozy amber. Some leather in the base

by Timmama
by Timmama
Lässt sich von der Sonne wärmen :)
by Bernebee
Herzlichen Dank für die netten Fotokommentare ....das ist so nett von Euch treuen Besuchern ❤
by Bernebee
Nebel zieht übers Land :)
by JohnnyLaw
by JohnnyLaw
by Nadiiine
by Nadiiine
by Meinesonne85
by Meinesonne85

Popular by Goldfield & Banks

Pacific Rock Moss by Goldfield & Banks Bohemian Lime by Goldfield & Banks Wood Infusion by Goldfield & Banks Desert Rosewood by Goldfield & Banks Sunset Hour by Goldfield & Banks Southern Bloom by Goldfield & Banks Velvet Splendour by Goldfield & Banks Blue Cypress by Goldfield & Banks White Sandalwood by Goldfield & Banks Purple Suede by Goldfield & Banks