Ambre de Cabochard (2007)

Ambre de Cabochard by Grès
Bottle Design: Fabrice Legros
Ambre de Cabochard (Grès)
Ambre de Cabochard (Grès)

Ambre de Cabochard is a perfume by Grès for women and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-spicy. It was last marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Top Notes Top NotesBlueberry, Ginger, Cardamom, Mandarin, Blackcurrant, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Lily-of-the-valley, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Musk, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.12.2018

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Sugary amber with a heavy dose of syrup
So Tania Sanchez hates Ambre de Cabochard. She calls it a chemical fruitcake. I on the other hand, can't think of a witty name, but would say it is a deliciously honeyed and slightly fruity amber scent, that isn't half bad.

Yes, it's not amber in that bold, rich and animalistic sense, it's more subdued. The composition has been caramelised, almost to a point where it starts to smell a little bit like a gourmand.

I can't help liking Ambre de Cabochard despite the fact that it has nothing in common with the original Cabochard, which was sexy in that black leather get-up kind of way. This is more like an oriental for young women.

I catch a lot of the cinnamon, which tends to waft up towards my nose with the allure of warm cinnamon doughnuts. I also get subtle hints of black currant and blueberries which are thankfully not dominant enough to give me a headache.

Forget the floral accords, they're not there. Patchouli, syrupy vanilla and amber smother the skin in a scent that could only be described as sensual and candied. It has a bit of a maple syrup touch to it too.

I'm surprised to find this fragrance so sweet. I actually expected something quite raw and dirty. Looking back at the bottle design, I wonder if Gres got some inspiration from Miss Dior Cherie when they made this fragrance. All that sweet, caramel goodness would make sense then.

Unfortunately this fragrance doesn't last too well. I'm glad I gave this fragrance some time to develop, away from the pushy salesperson who wanted me to buy it on the spot.

It's not my cup of tea, despite the fact that I was captivated by it at first. I think if it was a little less sweet, I may have splurged on a bottle.

Carlitos01 6 days ago
This is a nice fruity and honeyed amber dessert topped with cinnamon. Now I have to decide if it's an unisex scent or not? I guess it is...
Bottle 8.0

• by Somebody by Somebody
  • by Magdulenka by Magdulenka
  • by BBking by BBking

Popular Grès

Cabochard (Parfum) by Grès Cabotine (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabaret by Grès Ambre de Cabochard by Grès Goddess - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Homme de Grès (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabochard (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Madame Grès by Grès Cabotine Moonflower by Grès Grain de Folie by Grès Cabotine Rose by Grès Lumière Noire by Grès Mythos - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Caline by Grès Quiproquo by Grès Lumière Rose by Grès Sphinx - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Lumière Blanche by Grès Cabaret Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Alix Grès (Parfum) by Grès