Cabochard 2019Eau de Parfum

Version from 2019
Cabochard (2019) (Eau de Parfum) by Grès
Bottle Design Sylvie Fischer
Cabochard (2019) (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Grès for women and was released in 2019. The scent is chypre-leathery. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGalbanum, Aldehydes, Sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Oakmoss, Leather, Sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.09.2020.

Cultivated Grünherb for every occasion
After I tested the 95 Cabochard and found it too scratchy, I blindly ordered this edition based on the descriptions.
A happy choice, as it turns out.

Just this fresh green start alone: Beautiful. Very green, very awake, not unsweet, a little bit herbaceous but nevertheless very well maintained. A bit like tall, ripe grass at the edge of the forest.

Slowly the smell leads me deeper into the forest and closer to the ground. It becomes more woodsy, heavier, sweeter, warmly spicy and a little bit earthy, but never musty or stuffy; I always feel the scent as somehow "fresh", as if a mild wind is blowing in the forest landscape.

Little by little he becomes softer, almost a bit resinous, cuddly, peaceful like a purring (wild or forest) cat. Slowly - much too fast - it fades away.

I find the fragrance round, gentle and very well cared for. After the many descriptions of the older editions I would have imagined him to be more "adventurous" or "unruly" - but I don't experience that at all: For me he is something for every occasion. Special and rather harsh than sweet, but not pushy; friendly and affectionate.

Only the durability is a bit sad on my skin. After a few hours it is so close to my body that I have to spray again - and with two sprayers of conviction much more generously than I usually do.
(OK, my comparison values are AE and Scherrer - both rather durability monsters as well as Sillage monsters ...).

Conclusion: I need it with pleasure and would buy it again.
By the way, I also ordered the EdT - but I don't see any difference to the EdP, except that it disappears even faster
Come on, goblin!
He's here!! Dear Turandot told me where he is and today he arrived! The EdP understands.
And it's wonderful!
I love this woody, herbaceous freshness and can imagine him in every season. Spices and warmth in winter, green wildness in summer - and always understated and elegant. It's an eye-catcher for the nose. The old version, which I unfortunately only owned as a bottling, is reproduced in a new form, there is no back but the forward is and faithfully implemented.
To the new edition I can only say: successful and irresistibly beautiful!

The leather is wearable and soft, wild galbanum, strong flowers, mild sandalwood in the base. Dark green velvet, fresh green woods and dry wood, a breath of flowers. Warm skin.
Azuree, Miss Dior, Aromatics Elixir, if that hits a nerve, definitely try the new (good old) Cabochard!

Is it really you?
Do you know the situation at a class reunion, when you are confronted by someone you used to know well, you have had good times with him, you also find familiar facial expressions and language and yet you are still a stranger?
That's how I felt when I sprayed on the newest version of Cabochard. Yes, there is already known, and yet... it already wanted to spread the unfortunately so often experienced disappointment, if once again a fragrance classic reformulated to pretend as if he was the ancestor. Well well, the money is to be taken care of, you can use it now and then and consume it in such a way... but it's a shame.
But then in the course of the evening the ice breaks. Both at the class reunion and at the approach to an old-fashioned scent I end up in the stage of "Do you still know...?" And "How was that then..." etc. etc. The somewhat awkward time of reuniting, possibly even of false memories, is over and one digs into the treasure trove of experienced treasures one would not want to miss.

Those who would also like to devote themselves to the olfatkorian past should be warned. The top note of the new version is a bit flat and I already remembered the much tried concept of the "shadow of its self". But Cabochard (2019) doesn't deny his ancestors and I think Bernard Chant doesn't have to turn in his grave because his work was violated. On the contrary! A monument was erected to the fragrance. I do recognize that modern perfumers have done their bit, but now, after more than 10 hours on my skin, I still smell - of course, Cabochard as it loves and - unfortunately - not alive anymore. But it is clearly recognizable and so I can say: Hello, it really is you! Herb, stylish, elegant as ever, not a bit subject to today's fashion and therefore a great fragrance for someone who has kept his own style through all the olfactory folly.

by IrisNobile
by Blödel
by Turandot
by Turandot

Popular Grès

Cabochard (1959) (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabochard (1959) (Parfum) by Grès Cabochard (1959) (Eau de Parfum) by Grès Madame Grès by Grès Homme de Grès (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Ambre de Cabochard by Grès Cabotine (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Lumière Rose by Grès Cabaret by Grès Quiproquo by Grès Goddess - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Lumière Noire by Grès Cabochard (2019) (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabochard (1995) (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabochard (1995) (Eau de Parfum) by Grès Alix Grès (Parfum) by Grès Grès pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Grain de Folie by Grès Grès Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabotine (Eau de Parfum) by Grès