Cabotine (1990) Eau de Parfum

Cabotine (Eau de Parfum) by Grès
Bottle Design: Thierry Lecoule

Cabotine (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Grès for women and was released in 1990. The scent is floral-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Submitted by WiB, last update on 22.08.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Cabotine (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Cabotine (Eau de Toilette) by Grès, which differs in concentration.

7.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

It's just like me ....
It all started with the test of Tendre Poison, which I didn't know yet, but which I was very interested in because of the descriptions here.

After I was lucky enough to receive a sample of this (thanks again!), I was immediately very taken with him and searched for the so often quoted fragrance twin Cabotine. The question arose whether the EdT or the EdP was the better choice. For this decision a report on the website "Fragrantica" helped me very well, there the distinction is really well described and I have decided for the EdP.

And it was a direct hit! The fragrance starts immediately as an opulent bouquet of flowers with a very special, unmistakable note, which it retains throughout the entire length of the stay. In the course of time it takes itself back a little and develops somewhat darker and softer, it never becomes cute or cuddly, however, but it always remains unsweet and a little bitter. It is not loud or shrill, but always pleasantly discreet. According to the description this should also be a considerable difference to the EdT. While the EdT is described as an explosion, the EdP is described as an "experience of flowers and green notes". The heat increases even more over time, the intensity decreases. Supposedly the EdT should have a longer durability than the EdP, which is rather unusual. I can't judge these differences because I don't know the EdT. The durability of the EdP is indeed not quite so great with me, after 6 hours only a breath is perceptible on the skin, it must therefore be replenished a little.

Elsewhere the fragrance has been described as "present". That's very good for me. I like this unique scent full of flowers on a base of darker woods, without being able to name them all individually. It is for me a really great composition, which carries all characteristics in itself, which a smell should have for me.

Cabotine EdP is for me a perfect companion for every season, whether for office or leisure, with it I always feel "properly dressed".

!! DUFTE !!
Encouraged by the comments of my fellow noses I made a blind purchase, and in fact: It smells exactly like "Tender Poison" by Dior. The bottle has a cuddly grip and looks great in my green-pink bathroom. EUR 30 more than sensibly invested - freu freu!

by Saemm
by Saemm
Auf der Oberfläche spiegelt sich der Anfang des Schriftzuges .....

Popular Grès

Cabochard (1959) (Parfum) by Grès Cabotine (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabaret by Grès Ambre de Cabochard by Grès Cabochard (1959) (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Goddess - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Homme de Grès (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Madame Grès by Grès Grain de Folie by Grès Cabotine Rose by Grès Cabotine Moonflower by Grès Lumière Noire by Grès Mythos - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Caline by Grès Cabochard (1959) (Eau de Parfum) by Grès Quiproquo by Grès Sphinx - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Lumière Blanche by Grès Lumière Rose by Grès Cabaret Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Grès