Cabotine Rose (2003)

Cabotine Rose by Grès

Cabotine Rose is a perfume by Grès for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Top Notes Top NotesCherry blossom, Mandarin, Pear, Green leaves
Heart Notes Heart NotesMimosa, Jasmine sambac, Pepper, Tuberose, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vetiver, Frangipani

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.08.2018

7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Rose of Roses
Having sniffed through 81 rose perfumes last July in the forum topic, Sniff Fest: My Dear Roses, I consider my nose an expert in the queen of flowers. I didn't expect to find a star in this inexpensive little bottle, but I did. Had it been in the sniff fest, it would have made the finals. This is a substantial fragrance, the rose not arriving on its own but with an unexpectedly large and beautiful court to help sing its praises. It's not a realistic rose but an official perfume, complex and interesting. Pear, Mandarin and Black currant subtly herald the rich floral chorus which lies on a base of musk, sandalwood and vetiver along with shapeshifter frangipani which, apparently, can smell like almost anything. Pepper adds a bright edge. The result is a floral even husbands can stand (I field tested it). Sultry but not heavily indolic, depth without stank, it's a rose for a real woman who doesn't want to be mistaken for a little doll. Sillage and longevity are very good.
5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Pretty fruity rose
Sometimes I can be a bit of a perfume snob, but in regards to Cabotine Rose, ignore the price tag as it is no reflection on the quality and the smell itself.

Cabotine Rose is an extremely pleasant fruity rose with soapy nuances. It's cheerful, girly and quite delicious.

Black currant and pear really tickles the nose in the opening, followed by a fresh, pink rose bud, peony, soapy florals and a dash of pepper to add some character.

This fragrance makes me think of babies, pink doll's houses and kid's shampoos for some reason. I think this is partly because my mother used to wash my hair with an Avon rose-scented baby shampoo when I was younger. I think I later washed my doll's hair with this same shampoo, so all my toys smelt of fruity and clean roses.

The lasting strength of Cabotine Rose is quite impressive, lingering softly on the skin for hours. I highly recommend this fragrance if you're looking for something crisp, rosey and polite.

Anessa 2 years ago
Pink&yellow-tinged long-lasting clean shampoo, almost harmless but not quite, due to heady florals+pepper with headache potential. No rose.+3
5.0

by EvaK
by EvaK
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Grès

Cabochard (1959) (Parfum) by Grès Cabotine (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabaret by Grès Ambre de Cabochard by Grès Cabochard (1959) (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Goddess - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Homme de Grès (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Madame Grès by Grès Grain de Folie by Grès Cabotine Rose by Grès Cabotine Moonflower by Grès Lumière Noire by Grès Mythos - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Caline by Grès Cabochard (1959) (Eau de Parfum) by Grès Quiproquo by Grès Sphinx - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Lumière Blanche by Grès Lumière Rose by Grès Cabaret Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Grès