Madame Grès 2012

Madame Grès by Grès
Madame Grès is a popular perfume by Grès for women and was released in 2012. The scent is fruity-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPineapplePineapple
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.08.2021.

BabaLola
Maybe something for the mother of Nanny Fine ;)
Absolutely not mine. Normally I like oriental fragrances and have had very successful blind purchases so far, but this one doesn't suit me at all. The cardamom burned in my nose hours later and was only surpassed by the acidity of the pineapple. Only about 12 hours later a mild, almost tender and powdery note appeared, which appealed to me very much. But who puts on a scent to smell good half a day later? Conclusion: He's much too engaging, strong and reminds me a lot of Miss Dior (the original!), but I'm a bit too young for that. For a dark-haired, grande dame from 60, however, exactly the right thing.

Much to commend
I have a back up bottle of Cabaret and Lumiere Noire is in regular rotation on my dresser, it was time I ventured to connect with 'Madame Gres'
My pineapple references are 'Courtesan' (Worth) and Amor Amor (Cacharel) and Madame Gres is superior to both, for the pineapple is controlled by a clean magnolia and wasn't as sweet as I was led to believe. In my quest for great cheap and cheery perfumes Maurice Roucel's 'Tocade' is points leader but all of the perfumes mentioned here exhibit classy elements whilst being inexpensive.
The dry down is quite sudden and the perfume lacks duration but the base, slight as it is, is well behaved and doesn't leave a nasty musk. I like that in a perfume.
Madame Gres is probably best suited to women over twenty five but qualifies as a good day time perfume. Others have commented on a resemblance to Miss Dior, but if I had to compare it to that of a well known house I'd veer towards Chanel's 'Allure'.

Mademoiselle-Miss Grès
This was a blind buy (I trusted the positive reviews on other perfume-related pages). Well, packaging and bottle are elegant and quite beautiful. The fragrance itself reminds me of a mix between "Miss Dior" (the new version) and "Coco Mademoiselle EdP". If you like this particular style of fragrance (fruity-oriental with a spicy touch and patchouli), this one will satisfy all your needs. Longevity and Sillage are fine. Unfortunately, I can't smell leather in the drydown, but I really like the strong opening with pineapple and cardamon. "Madame Grès" is a brilliant, inexpensive alternative to Miss Dior and Coco M., in my opinion, it smells even better than the two other French fragrances it seems to be modelled on. On the other hand, it's sad to observe that a perfume called "Madame Grès" copies the structure of mainstream bestsellers (both of them Mademoiselles/Misses) without making an effort to present anything new (this style has been around for such a long time).
Not the most original of the Grès-fragrances, but very wearable and pleasant anyway.

by Veronique
by Veronique
Von ❤en Danke, meine liebste Herbstblond ;*
by Somebody
by Somebody
by EvaK
by EvaK

Popular Grès

Cabochard (1959) (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabochard (1959) (Eau de Parfum) by Grès Cabochard (1959) (Parfum) by Grès Cabochard (2019) (Eau de Parfum) by Grès Homme de Grès (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Ambre de Cabochard by Grès Cabochard (1995) (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Quiproquo by Grès Cabotine (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Cabochard (1995) (Eau de Parfum) by Grès Lumière Rose by Grès Cabaret by Grès Lumière Noire by Grès Cabotine (Eau de Parfum) by Grès Goddess - Hommage à Greta Garbo by Grès Les Signes de Grès - Extrême Pureté by Grès Les Signes de Grès - État de Grâce by Grès Cabochard (2019) (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Grès Monsieur (Eau de Toilette) by Grès Alix Grès (Parfum) by Grès