Black Label - Floral Veil 2012

Black Label - Floral Veil by Grossmith
Black Label - Floral Veil is a popular perfume by Grossmith for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-green. It is still in production.

Robertet

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notes, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Rose, Tuberose, Vanilla orchid, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cashmeran, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 23.10.2020.

Evening mood
I experience tuberoses either like the trumpets of Jericho, which blow away all other scents, room-filling and often even oppressive, or, if the flower is used discreetly as a quiet and often like a little melancholic smile, excellently translated into olfactory beauty. It is amazing how the character of a fragrance changes when you play with the dosage.

Here I experience the dimmed version and I almost see myself in a scenery to which L`Heure bleue could also fit. Diffuse twilight that makes outlines melt away, sounds, preferably in a minor key, that blow away in a light breeze, colours that change from deep dark petrol to emerald to delicate mint. This is wonderful and radiates a healing calm. I can't imagine this fragrance in the morning on the way to work or for a boisterous party. Floral Veil creates a dreamlike atmosphere for the end of a day, satisfied if it was a good day but at the same time conciliatory, should it not be.

In order not to let green notes become banal and to use white flowers in a way that they don't look sultry or even pompous, but elegant and with refined restraint, this is for me an example of real perfumer's art and I'm sorry that only the fragrance company Robertet is mentioned as perfumer and that the unknown magician who created the perfume remains a secret. The fragrance also ends up appropriately soft, and I find it particularly pleasant that the base doesn't try to open a new chapter and change the character of the fragrance again, as is so often the case. I like fragrances that stay with the theme and that is pleasantly the case with Floral Veil.

When I see Grossmith's fragrances, I think twice about buying them. I'd have to save up for them, and I don't think it's just me. They don't follow any of the current trends either, and I can imagine that some fragrance lovers might even find them a little superficially too uninteresting to dig so deep into their piggy bank. This is also reflected here, because not only is the habe-I- and wishlist remarkably short, but the manageable watch list also speaks a clear language. I think that's a pity and I think, for lovers of both sexes, who like to appreciate more serious floral perfumes, a test should be worthwhile.

Anyway, I will celebrate my bottling with pleasure and who knows...

SeeroseSeerose 25 days ago
grossmmithically historical pretending 1.Green, citric-fresh 2.Strong white flower mix 3. fading out to softer+musky+artificial amber/unisex

by Frlsmilla
by Frlsmilla

Popular Grossmith

Hasu-no-Hana (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith Shem-el-Nessim (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith Phũl-Nãnã (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith Betrothal (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith Black Label - Golden Chypre by Grossmith Hasu-no-Hana (Perfume) by Grossmith Diamond Jubilee Bouquet by Grossmith Sylvan Song by Grossmith Black Label - Saffron Rose by Grossmith Black Label - Amelia by Grossmith Shem-el-Nessim (Perfume) by Grossmith Phũl-Nãnã (Parfum) by Grossmith