Shem-el-Nessim (1906) Eau de Parfum

Shem-el-Nessim (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith
Bottle Design: Holmes & Marchant

Shem-el-Nessim (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Grossmith for women and was released in 1906. The scent is floral-powdery. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Orris root, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by Feylamia, last update on 07.06.2019

5.0 7.5 9.0/10

I was the secret lover of Marie Antoinette
I am having that experience!
I was the secret lover of Marie Antoinette and entered her room last night.
Now, the next day, it is the day she died.
And I am after that sad hour and all I can remember in my horror is her smell.
Or, saying better, our smell, hers and mine, mixed in my body odor, the geranium and the orris root mixing molecules will be my memory of the night I said goodbye to Marie Antoinette.

(this is the only perfume I have tested that I believe allows me to know how perfumery was once; it induced my museum delirium described above)
7.5 7.5 10.0 10.0/10

The here and now
So have to smell Arabian nights, in any case I can imagine very, very well.

So opulent, almost turgid, luxurious, powdery, pleasantly sweet, heat radiating, forgetting everything, and only I be in the here and now.
The scent turned me to once again the head. So infatuatingly beautiful he wraps me.
It is an immersion in another world.

I'll have to share a good "Little", what I have of this masterly work, me.
For the "Big" experience may I say many thanks to the donor.

DorothyGrace 3 years ago
Absolute powder bomb on my skin with a faint bright floral undercurrent. Dry, earthy, starchy, dusty powder. Very nice but just like talc.+1
9.0

Discussions about Shem-el-Nessim (Eau de Parfum)

by RomanaFrangi
by RomanaFrangi
by Jifat
by Jifat

Popular Grossmith

Hasu-no-Hana (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith Shem-el-Nessim (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith Phũl-Nãnã (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith Betrothal (2011) (Eau de Parfum) by Grossmith Black Label - Golden Chypre by Grossmith Black Label - Saffron Rose by Grossmith Black Label - Amelia by Grossmith Black Label - Floral Veil by Grossmith Diamond Jubilee Bouquet by Grossmith Sylvan Song by Grossmith Hasu-no-Hana (Perfume) by Grossmith Phũl-Nãnã (Parfum) by Grossmith Shem-el-Nessim (Perfume) by Grossmith Old Cottage Lavender by Grossmith Paris Rose by Grossmith White Lilac by Grossmith Lily of the Valley by Grossmith Lavender Water by Grossmith English Freesia by Grossmith English Violet by Grossmith