Accenti 1995Eau de Toilette

Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci
Bottle Design Alain de Mourgues
Accenti (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Gucci for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Scannon.

Raspberry, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Peach, Rose, Sandalwood, Tangerine, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.10.2020.

Drseid
The Great Dominique Ropion Strikes Again...
Accenti opens with a splash of clean, slightly aldehydic mandarin orange with hints of peach before moving to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart, the moderately sweet peach takes the fore, joined by a co-starring floral trio of almost plum-like honeyed jasmine, soft, airy rose and clean lily-of-the-valley, with the fading mandarin staying just detectable in support, pairing with slightly powdery vanilla and moderately sweet sandalwood rising from the base. During the late dry-down, the slightly sweet sandalwood and gentle dusty vanilla take the fore, with remnants of the peach remaining in support through the finish as the florals vacate. Projection is average and longevity above average at around 10 hours on skin.

Let's cut to the chase... Ropion has created a masterwork with Accenti. I am not a peach fan in compositions at all, but it is impossible not to be intoxicated with its masterful use in Accenti; coupled perfectly with the complex honeyed Dior Poison-like jasmine, airy rose and relatively clean, slightly indolic lily-of-the-valley floral trio. The sandalwood and vanilla are also used deftly, adding moderately sweet grounding to the peach-laced florals, then providing a well-integrated soft landing through the finish as they gradually take the fore. The composition from top-to-bottom smells absolutely incredible, with no note or accord seeming out of place, all melding together perfectly. The bottom line is the sadly discontinued $200+ per 100ml bottle on the aftermarket Accenti is some of Dominique Ropion's finest work and well worth seeking out even at its current lofty aftermarket price point earning an "outstanding" 4.5 stars out of 5 and a super-strong recommendation.
Illuminati - The bookshelf
You know, it's not the first time I've been abandoned.

But it is the first time that I leave someone, although I still love him with all my heart.

Well, when a colleague at work crosses my way in the hallway, I have the feeling that someone has turned off the light in her eyes. The glow, the life, the unbearable lightness of being. Her look reminds not only of a zombie, but also of a person with intestinal obstruction.

But what had happened that everything came so far?

When I then stand in front of my fragrance shelf in the evening, I am almost captured by a moral fragrance hangover when I meet Gucci Accenti, one of my former faithful fragrance companions again.

What was it like when I was a little punk? I sprayed myself with everything. Only these vintage scents were so strong back then that you could get the feeling of being gassed by this atomic bomb situation.

But with the spraying of this fragrance suddenly other memories come to me.

Tonka bean, I can only say. But I had forgotten for years how tonka bean smelled at all... It's kind of powdery, fruity, and then there's this vintage touch. But how do you explain vintage as a fragrance?

Like a bad omen, I also remember W.H. Auden's funeral blues from my bookshelf:

Stop all clocks,
Unplug the phone.
Let the dog be silent,
The barking bone eats.
Let the pianos be silent.
And make the drums beat.
Let the mourners come now,
Carry out the coffin.

Circle planes
lamenting in the sunset.
Writing to the sky
He's dead.

He was north to me, south to me,
with East and West.
Sunday's rest
And the week's stress.
My conversation, my song,
My day, my night.
I thought love lasted forever:
Wrong thought.

You stars are now undesirable,
Deletes everyone from it.
Covers the moon
And tear down the sun'.
Sweeps everything down
And pouring out of the ocean,
Because now nothing becomes the way it was
Never again good

(W.H. Auden)

Phew, I printed that out once when I left someone 20 years ago when I was jealous...

Somehow I feel a sting in my heart and I notice that I am the real devil of this story here.

Somehow I have to think of a few lines from Dan Brown's book Illuminati. But that's exactly what I don't have on my bookshelf anymore. And I'll ask a colleague to pick out that quote. And he actually does.

He even prints it out for himself and reads it aloud to me before hiding it in his drawer:

"Remember!" she said to herself. "Remember the solution to this task!" It was a trick from Buddhist philosophy. Instead of making her mind search for a solution to a potentially insoluble challenge, Vittoria tried to simply remember the solution.

The premise that one had known the answer once created the conviction that an answer actually existed... and eliminated the feeling of hopelessness. Vittoria often used this trick to address scientific problems that most people believed there was no solution for.

The scent, which I also wear on this day, has meanwhile taken on an expensive, powdery foam bath note. And as in Dr. Proctor's time bathtub I dive down and land again in another time, at my old self.

When I was young and wore just this scent, I learned one thing that would change my whole life.

You can never find anything in the outer world that we don't carry within ourselves. No one else can give us happiness if we do not create and feel it within ourselves. Besides, you can't change anyone else in this world except yourself
And I decided to do what I had promised myself as a young woman. Make my dream come true.

I'll start right away next week.

Because no matter what. What would you do if you discovered that you only had this one life?

EPILOG
"Know that one day your pain will become your cure." Rumi

Great 90's frag!!
What a great old school, fruity, non apologetic fragrance that was created in the 90's but could have very well been manufactured in the 80's do to it's loud opening as many 80's fragrances were designed. This starts off with peach, raspberries & floral notes of rose & I also get some white floral as well.

There is vanilla, sandalwood & tonka in the base to add depth to the fragrance. It is a well balanced fragrance especially for a mass marketed designer brand. This opens up loud, heady & projects very well for the first 1-2 hours. And it last at least 8 hours on me as I am referring to the EDT. This is nothing short of a feminine fragrance. I for one hate to classify fragrances to the men/women category as I wear whatever works for my skin regardless whom it is marketed towards, tho I cannot help shake the feeling this is more suited towards the dames.

It is a shame that Gucci discontinued this beauty as this was when Gucci as a perfume house WAS one of the best in the mass market designer game. Since the fall of Gucci Envy for men, this house has taken a downward spiral into the gates of hell with it's current creations which are uninspiring & non pleasing to my nose. The great Tom Ford helped this house ALOT when he worked for them, but once he left, it was curtains & mini blinds for Gucci!

Big Florientals Swan Song
It's chic sexy and demands your attention
the typical 90's glamor transitional era
when Calvin Klein introduced us with the
first unisex fragrance CK One and still
we were going though wanning years of the
big orientals of the 80's i.e like Obsession Poison
Red Door & Giorgio of Beverly hills Red
accenti reflects that swan song of the big florienals before the tread for lighter watery florals.

It opens with a sweet and a bit tart of
raspberry in a few minutes dries to an note of tangerine and peach the drying down turns to a powdery vanilla with nuance of tonka bean and a big heap of Sandalwood. the florals like the Rose
Jasmine and Lily of the Valley are very hard to detect sadly overshadowed from their louder siblings the sandalwood
raspberry vanilla and peach;

It's intoxicating richness that is an
jewel in perfumery that is sadly going to be missed.

by Callas
by Callas
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Bloom Nettare di Fiori by Gucci Eau de Gucci by Gucci