Bloom (2017) Eau de Parfum

Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci
Bottle Design: Alessandro Michele

Bloom (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Gucci for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-creamy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Jasmine, Tuberose, Rangoon creeper

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.09.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Modern floral scent
I got Gucci Bloom for Christmas 2017 from my dear daughter.
Actually, I'm always looking for vintage fragrances, but I can't expect my family to give me such fragrances. You have to know a little bit about that and they don't.
So before Christmas I always make a small list with fragrances, new releases or classics that you could give me.
And Bloom was certainly a good choice.
I perceive Bloom as a modern, soft, pleasant floral scent. It is modern because the floral appears delicate and balanced. The flowers are present but not killing.
It used to be different, the scent of flowers often meant that you had the feeling of sticking your nose into a lush bouquet of flowers.
Of course you can see the tuberose here, here soft and not too intense and a little bit of jasmine balanced.
I don't know Ragunschlinger, so I don't know how it smells and can't judge how strongly it influences the scent. After that, I had to google.
It is also known as "chinese honeysuckle" and is a tropical climbing plant found in South and Southeast Asia.
Of course it is not comparable with the flower bombs from the eighties and nineties but that's okay so.
I think it's a beautiful, modern, delicate, contemporary floral scent. It could last a little longer, but even there I am too much influenced by the eighties, where a scent loosely lasted 10 hours without getting very close. But nowadays you have to be happy if a fragrance lasts 4 hours.
A good gift and one of the better new releases of recent years.
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Seyda
I can hardly believe it,
that this fragrance is now one of my absolute favorites.

It all started about a year ago. I was newly pregnant and had received a sample.
"Brrrrrr that is terrible, pompous and just neee" so my first thought.
Again and again this one splash went into my nose and I can tell you never before could I tell of a scent that really makes me sick. I mean, really. Of course there are many who are not mine but I really did not get sick.

Yes now I was, as I said, in other circumstances and now the case of worst nausea had really arrived.

Mon guerlain and this one have managed to catapult my olfactory receptors right out of the box. Guerlain I knew before my SS and I found him really great so much more.

Unfortunately I was also in the family constantly confronted with Gucci even if only discreetly it was a horror but there can the others yes nothing for :)

So the SS was over and again I got Bloom under my nose more often and suddenly I was so in love. It was like lightning struck me and I couldn't believe it myself that I suddenly liked it so much. He now also reminds me of my beloved oililly that I owned in the 90s.

So we tried again and walked through the city.
Yes he is great has an enormous durability and a beautiful flowery Sillage.

For me, it just smells creamy and pretty flowery. Very noble, too. I don't think he's powdery. Like a body lotion mixed with flowers and something grassy.
Here it is enough to spray 1-2 times otherwise it is really too much. But that's definitely enough.

Well today I can't believe it, that this great fragrance has made me so mad and what hormones can do with one :)

The mon Guerlain I can not smell by the way until today any more and so not at all this love is definitely over :)
9.0 6.0 5.0 6.0/10

MarieTheres
Between too much and too little
Summer in April - already in the first spring months we sweated at 30 degrees. And I chose Bloom as my first summer scent this year. Was that a wise decision? I don't know - but now at the end of June it is empty and I want to write a few lines about it.

Bloom is not really a prototypical candidate for the summer, but it is much too heavy for me - autumn would suit him much better. The fragrance has something tropical and floral about it, the description says "creamy", but I wouldn't sign that in any way. The flowery one is not a bit fresh or classically-groomed, but very sultry - you feel a bit like in a palm garden or greenhouse with it. That's almost too much at hot temperatures.

The bottle also looks very modern and the peach pink makes it so light and pastel - Bloom is not that either. The bottle should have been much more kitschy according to the scent it contained, so moderate in the 90s - but not so straightforward and clean. The colour is associated with a fruity fragrance that is certainly not found in the bottle.

Right after spraying Bloom is very strong and one expects a hammer-like Sillage and durability - but in my eyes there is too little of it. It smells briefly and intensively of the indicated flower potpourri, but then evaporates within a few hours and is no longer perceptible at all in the evening. On his body he has completely evaporated, on his clothes you can perhaps still guess him. That in turn is too weak for me for a designer fragrance.

A propos Potpourri - do you know these dried plant parts, which were moistened with a scented oil and were supposed to make the room smell...? That's what Bloom reminds me of. For me, the perfume is not a candidate to buy, but he was too much of a pain in my ass with his flowery heaviness and green notes. I like flowers interpreted fresh or sweet, perhaps with accents of vanilla or soft woods. This is just too much flower embedded in too little for me
8.0 4.0 5.0 7.5/10

Caecilie
Attractive - but compelling?
What makes a great perfume? First of all, the fact that it is a great perfume for me personally and perhaps for some or many other people. Taste is first and foremost an individual matter.
Apart from the fact that a perfume, which deserves the adjective "great", must please me extremely well in all fragrances and their progression, it needs this moment, in which the anyway extremely attractive fragrances unite for me and unfold in their combination a stunningly charming, attracting, my physical and mental perception opening - yes compelling effect. Even as it fades away after many hours it still has to conjure a knowing and at the same time longing smile on my face. A good perfume must be compelling for me.
Gucci Bloom begins with a wonderfully unsweet jasmine, which is flattered by the temptingly sweet tuberose, but never loses its plain, almost austere simplicity. This makes it very suitable for the first nose in summer. The sensual iris brings an earthy note into play, which also makes a Bloom look good in autumn. Unfortunately, I do not know what the olfactory effect of the Rangunschlinger is. Perhaps it is he who gives the fragrance this green and at the same time mysterious note? In any case, this fragrance is great and at the same time really elegant.
The first hour after the application Bloom is attracting to me, tasty-herb, making me want more and hope for the great fragrance experience and then - well, then after about an hour and a half it gradually breaks down on my skin. It slowly gets a little more watery and at the same time takes on a slightly acidic note, which stays in the clothes for days and for me doesn't have much in common with the initially so promising scents. The Sillage is with me just like the durability on the skin rather medium to weak.
Not that the "Drydown" or the remaining scent would smell bad, but it doesn't give me the memory of the great scent experience I had, but rather a stale, sour aftertaste that he really doesn't deserve. Maybe my skin chemistry plays a trick on me and it develops organically and beautifully with someone else, who knows?

Anyway, Bloom is for me an attractive, but not a compelling scent - and therefore no scent for me.

A good floral
Beside Rush, I am not an owner of a Gucci perfume. None of them suits me. I am sorry I had no chance to smell Envy because I heard it was a beautiful creation.
Now, let’s talk about Bloom. Tuberose is a nice flower but it can be very heavy. 2017 seems to be a tuberose year: Twilly, Gabrielle and now Gucci Bloom. I bet that by the end of the year there will be more perfumes that have tuberose as a starting point.
The fragrance opens with a sweet tuberose. The sweetness comes from honeysuckle, a flower from heaven with a gorgeous smell. So, I get a sweet, wonderful tuberose because it is the diva in this composition.
The perfume is linear with a tuberose which dominates the other notes. Sweet but not sickly, sharp but not annoying, loud but not disturbing. A classic composition made for all those who love white flowers.
The dry-down is a little powdery and balsamic maybe due to orris root, but still full of tuberose.
Projection and longevity are very good.
Gucci Bloom is a very nice fragrance where the tuberose is very well represented. It is different from others perfumes and bold in its own way. A good floral for the floral lovers.

by Fabirss
by Fabirss
by Hanismells
by Hanismells
by Flaconesse
by Flaconesse

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci