Bloom 2017 Eau de Parfum

Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci
Bottle Design Alessandro Michele
Bloom (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Gucci for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-creamy. It is being marketed by Coty.
Scent goes well with Wonderlust

JasmineJasmine
TuberoseTuberose
Rangoon creeperRangoon creeper
MuskMusk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 11.10.2021.

Bouquet in a bottle
When you apply this fragrance, you really smell like real flowers. It feels like you are entering a flower shop which sells only white flowers. An absolute must for the spring. Also very compatible for everyday life e.g. at the university or at work, because it is not penetrating on one, but really has a fresh beautiful note

The Smell Of The Backyard At Night
I would like to have an infinite number of perfumes, one for each moment of the day. I want to wake up in the morning and sprinkle myself with what I think may represent my mood, more, and I wish that others around, smelling my perfume, could somehow imagine how I feel, could have an image of me, feel mine sensations. Am I asking too much? Maybe yes, but that’s what I want from perfume, and that’s why I never have just one. And even on the same day, the scent I put on in the morning, probably in the evening, no longer suits me. This morning, a lazy, foggy Sunday in April, I woke up to the addition of tuberose. And Gucci Bloom worked my desire perfectly.

I admit, my fault; I only recently discovered the fascination of the tuberose flower since I started ignoring the genus. As an ignorant man, I have always dedicated myself to perfumes intended for a male audience who, for some unknown reason, does not include this beautiful flower in their blend. There are perfumes like Bvlgari Man in Black that contain it, but they don’t give it the proper emphasis as in fragrances intended for a female audience. An exception is Zara’s recent releases, Bois Soleil Men, where the sensual flower plays an important role.

Bloom is a floral bomb but not a complex fragrance. It is a melange of flowers to create a bohemian bouquet that treads the razor’s edge between vintage and modern, the smell of the backyard at night. Bloom has a unique packaging that immediately captured me, a linear bottle with a lacquered surface and the pale pink color of porcelain. It’s like a box of face powder. Brilliant, delicate, but so wonderfully magical. And Bloom’s powdery note was an emotion, a velvety but not crushed sensation, immersed in the enveloping tuberose and jasmine that makes everything fresh and tender. It is the perfume that is revealed little by little after the first most powerful note. Bloom is therefore not an immediate perfume but one that reveals itself with grace, caution, and freshness. And it puts the spotlight on tuberose, enriching it with jasmine and honeysuckle. Everything is fresh, with the right amount of “sweet,” the right amount of “green.”

The scent unfolds directly with a dry and flowery bouquet. It’s purely a white floral blend, but rather than edgy or jarring, it’s delicately understated and sweet. There are no notes of Hesperides or aldehydes. The first notes are divine: pure white flowers, no fruit, no citrus, no sweet notes—just like diving into a flower bush. And this sets this fragrance apart from the multitude of floral scents currently on the shelves. The creamy tuberose hit with all its splendor explodes. It is a diva, rich, sour, bitter, a touch of waxy, camphor, simply delicious. A touch of bitterness makes me think of lily-of-the-valley.

The heart is and remains a floral mix; soon, the dewy white jasmine blooms. Rich, the bud is in the background, and there is something greenish, a green element of foliage with even a hint of undergrowth. The more it grows, the greener it becomes. Jasmine peeps out from time to time but remains docile and is not indolic. Sweet but not sickly, just like pouring a drop of honey on the bud, sharp but not annoying, noisy but not disturbing. Presumably, it’s because of the tuberose, but I seem to get a gardenia-like shade. It reminds me of walking in a garden of white jasmine, gardenias, and tuberoses that bloom right after the rain, with the warm breeze hitting my face. There is a light powder that could be an iris or a soft orris mixed with something like violet leaves, but it’s probably just one aspect of the Chinese honeysuckle.

The last stage adds a honeysuckle-like aroma, which is probably the added element of the Rangoon Creeper. I love the scent of honeysuckle, mine is the common white and yellow one, and every time it blooms on my terrace, I feel happy, so maybe that’s another reason why I love Bloom. It is the sweetest component in the development of this floral cluster, but it is a civil and lovable sweetness, which is never unpleasant, intrusive, or cloying. The base is a little powdery and balsamic, with a musky undertone but still rich in tuberose. There is a soapy atmosphere, not a classic soap scent, somewhat the characteristic fragrance of Marseille soap.

It is fresh and gentle with a dreamy and diaphanous sillage and scents like a bouquet of white petals through and through but has a persistent and ubiquitous creamy undertone that never allows it to be too floral or too sweet. Indeed, linear, while the subtle undertones change over time, but the scent doesn’t need to change much when it’s interesting enough to begin with. Like a memorable painted portrait, it has a face that you can perceive again and again and see it a little differently every time. To some, it will seem too linear and without notes, but in reality, on the skin, it has enough facets not to be boring, and at the same time, it is straightforward to overlap with other perfumes. It is a clean floral scent, slightly soapy, not too sweet, relatively modest. It is an elegant floral. Brunch with friends, spring office work, a date for a summer dinner - the scent is versatile and will blend well for many occasions. Bloom falls firmly into the non-indolic realm. You’ll never find that buttery fatness that is off-putting at times.

I based the review on a 100 ml bottle I own since January 2021.

-Elysium
Tradescantia
Modern Tuberose - A perfect reflection of the actual plant or pure chemistry?
Gucci Bloom - compact, uncomplicated and beautiful. But somehow it is also a Fracas, which has been deprived of darkness.
The fragrance is creamy-green-powdery and floral.
The tuberose is clearly visible, but it keeps in the background- It remains, however, the concept.
A fragrance that possibly even the physicist Heisenberg would have liked, but on his wife. Bloom is really modern.
Wearable, almost for any occasion, but it is also a bit undercooled and my favorite fragrance for everyday.
Not too loud, like the characters Walter White and Saul Goodman, from the series Breaking Bad, which is good, but also just not perfect.
Iris is responsible for the powderiness here.
What Rangunschlinger should be, probably only knows the one who created this work.
Jasmine gives minimal warmth, but not in a natural way.

EdenRosalie
Disunited, oppressive, heavy, almost penetrating
Dakota Johnson and the lush floral splendour on the poster certainly contributed to my buying this fragrance. But even after applying it several times I'm not sure what to think of it. But the smell has less to do with Bloom, rather with a heavy bouquet with which one sprays dried bouquets of flowers.
Tuberose as a hunch, but not in its pure, unadulterated form, but alienated by too soapy jasmine, which overlays the perfume and makes the scent too heterogeneous to be well described. Sultry and too heavy, this one note that disturbs me reminds me of DIOR J'adore. Too divided, too indecisive
Laminatrix
Vintage Flower Beads, hell yeah!
First of all: I love this scent. Even if some people (men) can't put it off me, because some of my friends think it smells like granny. And yet it's such a beautiful purist floral marvel: Tuberrose dominates and Jasmine dampens the matter into a floral-powdery soft scent. I can't say anything about Rangungschlinger, but I can tell you more about the effect:

This fragrance wraps you in a floral cloud that surrounds you all day long without looking old-fashioned. You have to be careful with the dosage, because if you get too much, you smell like a greenhouse.
The jasmine is not this crass, hyperdominant jasmine of an alien, but a soft, more discreet.

This is what makes this fragrance so unique, as it has an amazing floral essence without becoming a crass power bouquet. Bloom is puristic, modern and at the same time it has a lot of classic floral scents, which are very eye-catching and perform really great without reminding of the bouquets of the fifties.

Gucci Bloom is something for individualists, because both wallflowers and women from the "I'll bomb you away with my fragrance" category will find it so semi, as it is too dominant for some and too pure for others. I don't think that any of the fragrances in my collection are perceived so controversially by those around me. My colleagues find it partly very cool and others rather old-fashioned. Especially this account I like very much, because he is despite his enormous floweriness but straightforward and not floridly playful.

Marilyn25
In a tropical greenhouse in Sicily
Today I would like to write about Gucci Bloom, as I was able to enjoy a sample by shopping online. I didn't really like the flanker Gucci Bloom Nettare die Fiori, somehow it was too humid and too heavy for me. With Gucci Bloom it's different. I feel transported directly into a tropical greenhouse. There's jasmine in its purest form, there's tuberose, but without the smell of Hypnotic Poison, rather creamy soft, and there's something exotic that I can't quite place. Like exotic tropical flowers. The sun is shining. Insects are mistaken. The jungle is full of strange plants that no one has ever seen before. In the shade lies a leopard, lazy and majestic. This scent is creamy, flowery, not too light, not too heavy, and appears very noble. I imagine the wearer like this: no raffia skirt, no coconut bikini top, to continue weaving the tropical-exotic image from above, no. A dark-haired lady with elegant chignon, in addition a white silk blouse and large white pearl earrings like the girl with the pearl earring from Vermeer. She sits on a terrace overlooking the sea off Sicily and sips an espresso. In any case, this perfume evokes associations of the (sub)tropics in me. Yet it is unmistakably European. (Some may contradict me.) The sillage is strong. Gucci Bloom is definitely for a lady, and I like it! I think it is a versatile perfume, suitable for business meetings as well as for dinner or theater. Who would have thought that one day I would like a Gucci fragrance! Gucci Rush - too sweet, Gucci Bamboo - too boring, Envy Me - too meaningless, and as I said Gucci Bloom Nettare di Fiori - too heavy. And now this! However, I give Gucci Bloom 7.5 points, as I'm not too big a tuberoses fan.
Modern floral scent
I got Gucci Bloom for Christmas 2017 from my dear daughter.
Actually, I'm always looking for vintage fragrances, but I can't expect my family to give me such fragrances. You have to know a little bit about that and they don't.
So before Christmas I always make a small list with fragrances, new releases or classics that you could give me.
And Bloom was certainly a good choice.
I perceive Bloom as a modern, soft, pleasant floral scent. It is modern because the floral appears delicate and balanced. The flowers are present but not killing.
It used to be different, the scent of flowers often meant that you had the feeling of sticking your nose into a lush bouquet of flowers.
Of course you can see the tuberose here, here soft and not too intense and a little bit of jasmine balanced.
I don't know Ragunschlinger, so I don't know how it smells and can't judge how strongly it influences the scent. After that, I had to google.
It is also known as "chinese honeysuckle" and is a tropical climbing plant found in South and Southeast Asia.
Of course it is not comparable with the flower bombs from the eighties and nineties but that's okay so.
I think it's a beautiful, modern, delicate, contemporary floral scent. It could last a little longer, but even there I am too much influenced by the eighties, where a scent loosely lasted 10 hours without getting very close. But nowadays you have to be happy if a fragrance lasts 4 hours.
A good gift and one of the better new releases of recent years.
Seyda
I can hardly believe it,
that this fragrance is now one of my absolute favorites.

It all started about a year ago. I was newly pregnant and had received a sample.
"Brrrrrr that is terrible, pompous and just neee" so my first thought.
Again and again this one splash went into my nose and I can tell you never before could I tell of a scent that really makes me sick. I mean, really. Of course there are many who are not mine but I really did not get sick.

Yes now I was, as I said, in other circumstances and now the case of worst nausea had really arrived.

Mon guerlain and this one have managed to catapult my olfactory receptors right out of the box. Guerlain I knew before my SS and I found him really great so much more.

Unfortunately I was also in the family constantly confronted with Gucci even if only discreetly it was a horror but there can the others yes nothing for :)

So the SS was over and again I got Bloom under my nose more often and suddenly I was so in love. It was like lightning struck me and I couldn't believe it myself that I suddenly liked it so much. He now also reminds me of my beloved oililly that I owned in the 90s.

So we tried again and walked through the city.
Yes he is great has an enormous durability and a beautiful flowery Sillage.

For me, it just smells creamy and pretty flowery. Very noble, too. I don't think he's powdery. Like a body lotion mixed with flowers and something grassy.
Here it is enough to spray 1-2 times otherwise it is really too much. But that's definitely enough.

Well today I can't believe it, that this great fragrance has made me so mad and what hormones can do with one :)

The mon Guerlain I can not smell by the way until today any more and so not at all this love is definitely over :)
MarieTheres
Between too much and too little
Summer in April - already in the first spring months we sweated at 30 degrees. And I chose Bloom as my first summer scent this year. Was that a wise decision? I don't know - but now at the end of June it is empty and I want to write a few lines about it.

Bloom is not really a prototypical candidate for the summer, but it is much too heavy for me - autumn would suit him much better. The fragrance has something tropical and floral about it, the description says "creamy", but I wouldn't sign that in any way. The flowery one is not a bit fresh or classically-groomed, but very sultry - you feel a bit like in a palm garden or greenhouse with it. That's almost too much at hot temperatures.

The bottle also looks very modern and the peach pink makes it so light and pastel - Bloom is not that either. The bottle should have been much more kitschy according to the scent it contained, so moderate in the 90s - but not so straightforward and clean. The colour is associated with a fruity fragrance that is certainly not found in the bottle.

Right after spraying Bloom is very strong and one expects a hammer-like Sillage and durability - but in my eyes there is too little of it. It smells briefly and intensively of the indicated flower potpourri, but then evaporates within a few hours and is no longer perceptible at all in the evening. On his body he has completely evaporated, on his clothes you can perhaps still guess him. That in turn is too weak for me for a designer fragrance.

A propos Potpourri - do you know these dried plant parts, which were moistened with a scented oil and were supposed to make the room smell...? That's what Bloom reminds me of. For me, the perfume is not a candidate to buy, but he was too much of a pain in my ass with his flowery heaviness and green notes. I like flowers interpreted fresh or sweet, perhaps with accents of vanilla or soft woods. This is just too much flower embedded in too little for me
Caecilie
Attractive - but compelling?
What makes a great perfume? First of all, the fact that it is a great perfume for me personally and perhaps for some or many other people. Taste is first and foremost an individual matter.
Apart from the fact that a perfume, which deserves the adjective "great", must please me extremely well in all fragrances and their progression, it needs this moment, in which the anyway extremely attractive fragrances unite for me and unfold in their combination a stunningly charming, attracting, my physical and mental perception opening - yes compelling effect. Even as it fades away after many hours it still has to conjure a knowing and at the same time longing smile on my face. A good perfume must be compelling for me.
Gucci Bloom begins with a wonderfully unsweet jasmine, which is flattered by the temptingly sweet tuberose, but never loses its plain, almost austere simplicity. This makes it very suitable for the first nose in summer. The sensual iris brings an earthy note into play, which also makes a Bloom look good in autumn. Unfortunately, I do not know what the olfactory effect of the Rangunschlinger is. Perhaps it is he who gives the fragrance this green and at the same time mysterious note? In any case, this fragrance is great and at the same time really elegant.
The first hour after the application Bloom is attracting to me, tasty-herb, making me want more and hope for the great fragrance experience and then - well, then after about an hour and a half it gradually breaks down on my skin. It slowly gets a little more watery and at the same time takes on a slightly acidic note, which stays in the clothes for days and for me doesn't have much in common with the initially so promising scents. The Sillage is with me just like the durability on the skin rather medium to weak.
Not that the "Drydown" or the remaining scent would smell bad, but it doesn't give me the memory of the great scent experience I had, but rather a stale, sour aftertaste that he really doesn't deserve. Maybe my skin chemistry plays a trick on me and it develops organically and beautifully with someone else, who knows?

Anyway, Bloom is for me an attractive, but not a compelling scent - and therefore no scent for me.

GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
It is fresh, sparkling and flowery, and subtle: it tastes like a flowery meadow, for a young woman aware of her femininity.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by JaneAmber
by JaneAmber
by LeMiKo
by LeMiKo
Am alten Postorat bei uns. Name der Dame: Unbekannt.
by Normajean12
by Flaconesse
by FrauKatze
by FrauKatze

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci The Voice of the Snake by Gucci