Flora by Gucci (2009) Eau de Toilette

Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci
Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) (Gucci)

Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Gucci for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesPeony, Citric notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesOsmanthus, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.11.2018

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
Chinese Osmanthus
Looking at the notes I should love Gucci Flora, but something in the opening makes my nose twitch. As in allergy oh no I'm going to sneeze twitch. So it's not love I'm feeling as my sinuses fill up. Is peony the culprit? Or maybe the osmanthus? I think it's the osmanthus. The osmanthus note here is very similar to the one found in those eponymous perfumes that come out of China, more green and cloying than honeyed. And sorry to say I find this particular rendition of osmanthus, which blooms heady early on and lasts for hours on me, headache-inducing in a way I do not find in Keiko Mercheri's Osmanthus, for example, which I adore. It quite spoils my enjoyment of the powdery rose-patchouli combination that emerges in the middle stages as Lola observes. I have to thank the lovely rubyred for the sample but all this is to say that surprisingly Gucci Flora is not for me.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Flora
Flora opens up to me with orange green yellow citruses then dries to an airy and sweet note of peonies i do detect a bit of peach that is soft and not evasive the middle dries to an delicate and Intoxicating note of Osmanthus that spreads it's gentile aroma over the summer sky and very faint and diluted
note of sandalwood rose and patchouli
are the shy evasive notes that hides
behind dark crevasses in rocks or behind
leafy roofs of foliage. Flora has a girlish innocence inside a chic high end
veneer, the scent brings what it delivers airy and not overly sweet that shows modernity in a bottle.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Office-Ready Inoffensive Fruity-Floral Frag
I tested Gucci FLORA edp some time ago and found it not very exciting and somewhat homogenized, but I've decided to give this fragrance another sniff since I was recently sent a fresh sample of the edt.

Although it has become a common practice to change the formula of a perfume launched under the same name but in edt and edp concentrations, FLORA does not represent such a case, it seems. The notes are the same, so it should come as no surprise that the edt is simply a more dilute solution of the edp. I should say, however, that I have quite a bit more experience with osmanthus than I had the last time I tried FLORA.

Osmanthus is sort of a ready-made fruity-floral flower. It is light with a very subtle peachy quality. This is why compositions featuring osmanthus are almost by definition office-ready inoffensive fruity-floral frags (ORIFFF). If that's what you're looking for, then FLORA may work for you.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Intimate and clean floral
Nice, is a good word to describe Flora by Gucci. It's pleasant and clean, but rather boring and safe.

While obviously aimed at the younger market, Gucci chose to use a simplistic floral composition of citrus, peony, rose, osmanthus, patchouli and sandalwood. Not what I would call a daring combination.

At the time of this fragrance's release, most of the world was heading into the warmer months, however Australia was going into Winter. Because Flora is so light, fresh and powdery, I don't expect that this fragrance will be a best seller this month.

I would have liked to have seen some stronger floral notes such as; jasmine or orchid added to this fragrance to give it more of a kick. The scent as it is now is far too common for it to be outstanding.

I'm disappointed that this fragrance turned out to be so mainstream. With a name like Gucci, they could have easily gotten away with experimenting with new and unique floral combinations. Here's hoping that their next release, which is also rumoured to be aimed at the younger crowd, is much more daring.

Jazzy76 176 days ago
The fragrance is pleasant, gentle, very feminin and balanced, but I think that its problem is the sillage: too weak for the high price+2
Bottle 7.0

• by Mojtaba by Mojtaba
  • by Andreas09 by Andreas09
  • by Serafina by Serafina
  • by Wahule by Wahule
  • by pudelbonzo by pudelbonzo
  • by Serafina by Serafina
  • by Meinhardis by Meinhardis
  • by Hasi by Hasi
  • by Pipette by Pipette
  • by Orientpoison by Orientpoison
  • by Wetterhex by Wetterhex
  • by Echtdufte by Echtdufte

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Bloom by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum II by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci