Gucci Intense Oud (2015)

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud is a popular perfume by Gucci for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Raspberry, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesBulgarian rose, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Amber, Musk, Oud

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.01.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Gucci Oud by Gucci, which differs in concentration.

9.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10

MikeMike
Excuse me, sir, what kind of liquid do you have in your e-cigarette?
Smoking is not allowed here.

I don't have a comparison to base variant Gucci Oud but in an intense version is opening very, very sweet for me. Main notes that dominate raspberry with also reminds me of a bit of wild cherry, unfortunately, there is not much more behind it - oud, amber is underdeveloped.
With for me make it is as Gucci Oud Intense is missing something, I would like to break it with some woody, smokey notes.

To be honest it reminds me of fruit-flavored liquids that I sense from time to time from people smoking an e-cigarette. Raspberries/Cherries with a hint of tobacco.

For me, it is too linear, too simple and in some way to sweet, even if fruits notes are definitely more on darker/wilder side.

It could be a great accompaniment for a younger audience and can act as a women scent with a few male notes.
8.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

----The masses- --
I've had this fragrance described above in my possession for some time now, although I'm not really that into the heavy oud fragrances. On the contrary, they usually get on my nerves at some point. And I swear to you, I've tried almost everyone! The Atkinsons I have through, the Laytons, the M7, the Creeds and also the most terrible under the sun, the Oud Satin Mood (sticky, disgusting, intrusive, chewing gum-like). And I thought I'd never learn to love an oud fragrance and be able to include it in my collection until it came into my life: Gucci - Intense Oud. Just by the name, I thought to myself, it can't be anything. Intense and then oud? Well, I've been proved wrong. Because of the many great reviews, I decided to test it. Lucky for me. Because what I got was the best portable oud scent I've ever had to test. I want to explain myself:

Oud Intense is Intense, but not as far as the Oud is concerned. Rather, it is fresh, spicy and woody, with the spicy notes lingering more in the background. It also has a slightly fruity touch of pear, raspberry and orange, which I would describe as not particularly strong. The Oud is of course also well perceptible, but wonderfully smooth ironed by patchouli, amber and musk. So he's being nicely restrained. Where this freshness kick might come from, I don't know either. Through the rose, perhaps? I leave this analysis to the scent pyramid professionals. In addition to the freshness, I also notice a slightly pleasantly tart, minimal graphite-like note.

In summary, one can say that this oud scent is a young, slightly fresh and tart oud scent, which is very suitable for the masses and has a straight line. The wearer doesn't have to be dressed in a suit. Here a shirt, a chic sweater or a polo shirt is enough. It is also suitable for all those who are looking for a very strong, but not extreme autumn-winter scent. I have a shelf life of between 8-10 hours and it is perceptible almost to the end at one meter. The bottle also fits. It is nobly worked and appears valuable. Priced my clear favorite. It costs between 75-90 Euro for 90ml, no other house can keep up. For me therefore a clear 10.

It is unsuitable if you expect a complex masterpiece like the Laytons or Atkinsons. He wouldn't suit you either if you needed the full oud buzz. And unfortunately, I would finally turn against the unisex stamp. For me, it's a 100% man's scent.

P.S.: He proved his suitability for mass production by being the most positively commented fragrance from my collection. Here even strangers have complimented me. Some users are also interested in such experiences.

Clear test recommendation,
Your Bene :)

Suspected woman's scent
Lovers of rosy fragrances will certainly like Gucci Intense Oud. However, I would rather classify the rose as "intense". The scent of roses stretches over several hours, which was too much for me. The fragrance reminded me more of my grandmother, who once liked to apply Bulgarian rose. The raspberry was good to smell at the beginning, in my opinion not suitable for a "unisex scent". But the oud was always present in the background with the typical chemical scent. Here I would have liked to smell something animalistic, the whole thing seemed quite chemically sterile. At the end the oud was still clearly smellable as a basic scent.
No scent for me, I'm afraid.
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Data eclecticism
Strangely enough, the scents on Parfumo differed significantly from those once found at the manufacturer over a long period of time*. A proposed change had been rejected with reference to a suspected bug on the Gucci site and has now been implemented. The stupid thing is that both announcements seem to have at least some justification in parts. So I help myself in the process here and there.

The opening is nicely smoky, but also an idea of what fruity is in it, an indefinable breath that (still!) blows beyond the threshold to certainty. Much stronger on the other hand is a thought of Leather Blend by Davidoff. And although the latter has moved on long ago, I'm pretty sure, although today it's a little quieter and less black-afgano-like.

Yeah, there's something fruity in the game that justifies the manufacturer's announcement. Actually, dosig-sweet pear fits. Raspberry needs more imagination - a little bit of corresponding acidity. Otherwise it would be an overripe specimen. Smoke, on the other hand, is not mentioned in the Guccis and that is simply unfair, so it would be a mistake.

Admittedly, it becomes more difficult with the alleged "heart note of Bulgarian rose and orange blossom". With the fruits I can make myself a rose thoughtfully well together, but orange blossom is badly far-fetched, however, not far away from every imagination.

I'd rather go back to what I said before, choose "woods", paint the "dry", replace it with "creamy" and think of sandal in its concentrated-sweet appearance, which then reminds me of 'Black Afgano' and which I've encountered most strongly in 'Mythical Woods' by Profumi del Forte so far. A very slightly sweaty impression quotes a more spiced colleague from the Nasomatto's sphere of influence: 'Fortis' by Les Liquides Imaginaires.

At noon we turn back to the manufacturer and admit Oud, whose explicit naming as "natural" causes frowning. It is undoubtedly woody, but for a native country child like me, the term "natural" includes more of a "corner", generally of course one of the cowshed - be it the haze-stained post or the one at its lower end.

I find a mild (in the sense of un-bitter), yet compactly thickened, increasingly sweet myrrh note, which is much more pleasing to the nose and which spreads in the course of the afternoon. This can certainly be regarded as another greeting to Mr. Gualtieri's work, but more reserved again. It has less to do with leather than anything else. Only from an enigmatic Meinetwegen-Patchouli appearance one could deduce which one, if it is absolutely necessary.

Conclusion: My only Gucci test to date, that of 'Made to Measure pour Homme', didn't whet my appetite anymore. I haven't touched a Gucci since, for years. I am therefore very pleasantly surprised today. A not outstanding, but successful cousin of Black Afgano. Not a scented twin, but a more sedate type. Its attractiveness is (as with Leather Blend) comparable to that of glutamate.

I thank Yatagan for the sample.

*The former perfume data:
Frankincense
Ambergris, resinous notes, dry woods
Leather
6.0 8.0 9.0 8.5/10

The Oud Autumn Challenge
Early November, 10 degrees and the days are getting darker. Time to get to grips with oud scents.

I send 3 fragrances into the race, which not only have oud in their name, but also smell mainly of oud. Or what I think is oud. ¶)

Here we have the reformulated classic of YSL M7 Oud Absolu. The established reference of Nasomatto Black Afgano. And the challenger Gucci Oud Intense here.

The opening starts with the M7 very warm, round and almost sweet with nouances of mandarin and for me very light but spicy oud. The Gucci comes a little deeper with dark fruits. Black Afgano is the soprano in the round and hits an oud with nouances of cannabis around the ears. What a blast!

In the course of time the oud in the M7 becomes even lighter and keeps its fine note on my skin for 6-7 hours without becoming really intrusive. Simply a masterly composition without corners and edges. The projection is OK.

Gucci keeps its high quality oud fragrance very linear for 8-10 hours at a high level. It is a bit stronger and darker than the M7. But still round. The projection is GUT.

In the course of the Black Afgano of 10-12 hours, the oud scent gets darker and darker and becomes really heavy and smoky on the skin towards the end. Even a little tiring for me to wear. The projection is STARK.

Conclusion: For me personally, the Gucci Oud Intense has won. Even if the fragrance composition of the M7 is perhaps more refined, it has something more valuable for me. You notice the outstanding quality of the ingredients. The oud just smells wonderful.

Both are so beautiful and round that I can wear them in the office. The Gucci is right on the border, but that's exactly what I like about him. He is very present and does not beat the strands.

This is where I personally see the great weakness of Black Afgano. I personally can't think of many scenarios where I want to smell so strong and heavy of oud (and some pothead).

Nevertheless, all fragrances are wonderful oud fragrances and should be tested by anyone interested in oud. I like the Gucci best in the overall package. Even in terms of value for money. Thank you, Gucci!
8.0 8.0 10.0 8.0/10

The Name Says It All
The fragrance is intense. Very Intense. Longevity is through the roof so go gentle on the spray. I absolutely love the fact that I put on a fragrance by 06:00 in the morning and by 08:00 PM when I'm ready to take a shower, there it is still going strong as ever. Absolute Beast...
9.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

Very Pleasant Everyday Oud
Just tried it and I get a bunch of frankincense-oud with leather and resins. I think it's really nice and actually prefer it to Versace Oud Noir. I think the Versace is too soapy, and this is a bit darker but not heavy. Initial impression is very good, I could see wearing this often. It is different from most, it has a slight warmth from the resins, and it is well blended. I am getting great sillage, fairly strong at arms length, but just lovely. It has a nice powdery oud, which is smooth and elegant. I am quite pleased with this.

While I appreciate input and opinions, I am very glad I blind bought this, despite suggestions to the contrary. It may not be groundbreaking, but it is pleasant, a bit mysterious, and different. I don't know much about synthetics, but it smells nice, thats all I know, or care about.

Initial impressions

Scent - 9.5
Sillage - 8.5
Longevity- 8.5 (8-12 hours)
Bottle - 9.5 - that doorknocker cap is so damn pleasing

Will fit nicely in my top 3 with Montale Greyland and Bentley Absolute.

Carlitos01 7 months ago
Very well blended rose oud strong fragrance. Designer excelence for a cost. On a pair with my best Lattafa's. Give it a try.+3
ScentsByKK 2 years ago
Beastmode Fragrance
10.0

by TonkaBean
by TonkaBean
by Odysseus
by Odysseus

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci