Gucci № 1 (1974) Eau de Parfum

Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci

Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Gucci for women and was released in 1974. The scent is floral-chypre. It was last marketed by Scannon.

Guy Robert

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Geranium, Green notes, Hyacinth, Rosewood, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac, Carnation, Heliotrope, Iris, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Neroli, Orchid, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Benzoin, Oakmoss, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.10.2018.

7.5 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

twohundred and eighty
I drove at one hundred and thirty over the Berlin city highway. The comment on this fragrance crystallized in my imagination. But I could not find anything to write. But also did not want to let go of the steering wheel. I do not like to do it, since only eighty are allowed, I always have to keep an eye on the rear-view mirror so that nobody will track me. Oh yes, the first time ...
After the extension of the highway from Gradestraße to Schönefelder Kreuz, I thought, you really can not drive fast here. Up, down, right, left, tunnel, I managed just a hundred and eighty, just too confusing.
After the Britz Tunnel was completed, at least two hundred got through.

Oh yes, the first time ...
With two hundred and eighty over the highway:
From Berlin to le Tréport, Normandy, in just eight hours. At that time there was no speed limit on the Belgian motorway, I did not see one and the motorway was also lit up at daylight. If you then have to drive slower, then you tremble all over. The excess adrenaline is broken down only slowly, you burn inside. Yes, we can burn, burn.

Gucci is not quite at twohundred and eighty, but sure I did hit the highway at twohundred and forty.
The first time I smelled Gucci No. 1, an EdP bottling, sprayed, I thought, oh man, what's that great scent? Did Gucci order a real perfumer? (that's the opposite of Gucci, as I know it today). The fragrance started with me harsh, masculine, incredibly present, self-confident. How could I escape this wonderful fragrance? But then I was only interested in the male bangers. It's clear!
With the next and the next spraying on the picture changed, my brain was already used to the signature, changed the scent differently.

The sillage is neat, the durability very good. Every hour the fragrance changed, on my skin, the picture of it that appeared to me as well. A very self-confident woman, no more than twenty or thirty, or a woman whistling to get stuck in such a drawer, category. This woman is just herself.

After hours this impression of the everlasting. He does not let up. A masterpiece. An artwork. Intoxicatingly beautiful. Wonderfully and mysteriously composed. An icon. Even the reflection of the icon, its reflection, its reflection. Their character always remains. Always clearly recognizable.

Yes, yes, the first time ...

Must I add immediately: after days and a new test, the déjà-vu effect:
the first few seconds, the impression, that's a unisex fragrance. Be it, because of the alcohol, or because of the aldehydes. From zero to two hundred in six seconds.
After that, a superb, feminine beauty opens up. Wonderful, again and again!

Burn, burn, burn,
run, run, run!
9.0/10

Yes, it's brilliant
MasterLi's review inspired me to hunt down a miniature and, yes, Gucci 1 is one to be experienced. I love that swiftly after the accomplished top note. a little stank comes through from ambergris and musk rising into the indolic floral heart. This is awfully light on me, though. A watered miniature? Who knows? I'm just glad I got to smell this remarkable scent. With its bergamot-jasmine-musk-vanilla accord, it's almost a classic oriental, missing only amber. I've noticed that many of the perfumes I really adore have in excess of 20 notes -- this one lists 26. There was a time when great perfumers knew what to do with the olfactory version of "everything but the kitchen sink." Guy Robert certainly did. Fortunately, I have Amouage Gold that he also designed, reportedly using 120 of the best ingredients money could buy. Roberts said Gold Woman was his greatest creation to date. Wait, let me compare them ... Gold Woman is initially sweeter and in the drydown more powdery. It's clearly more complex, but to me it has a less subtle allure than his earlier stunner, Gucci 1. However, both are utter treasures. Now I'm wishing I had a full strength version of Gucci 1.
7.5 5.0 5.0 10.0/10

The real deal
They don't make them like this ANY more! This is what Gucci really is for people who remember the name and the brand. Very woody and slightly (sickly) floral. But at the same time warm and gives off a floral, almost herbal type vibe. This stuff is brilliant. Truly... They do NOT make them like this any more! (Which is a shame... A real shame). If you find this or have a bottle. Please, SAVOUR it. Make it last while you can. This is how real ladies used to smell like. Not like today's designer fragrance disasters.

by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis
Ein Schatz aus vergangenen Zeiten... / A treasure from times long gone...
by Vilma
by Vilma
by MissGuerlain
by MissGuerlain
by Digindirt
by Digindirt

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci