Gucci by Gucci (2007)Eau de Parfum

Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci

Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Gucci for women and was released in 2007. The scent is fruity-spicy. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Guava
Heart Notes Heart NotesTiaré
Base Notes Base NotesHoney, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.12.2019.

Gucci by Gucci
Back in the day, I used to "blind buy" fragrances all the time. Many a time, I was left unimpressed and disappointed in the purchase. I believe it was due to my impulsiveness and inexperience. When I was just learning about fragrances, I wasn't sure what all the notes smelled like from the description so I was more willing to throw caution to the wind when making a purchase. Fast forward 10 years. I know what I like and what I don't like now. I know what notes I'm drawn to and which ones I'm not. I now have an instinct that is much more hoaned, when making a blind buy. I am happy to report that I am very rarely let down from blind buy purchases I make nowadays.
Working in a store that carries fragrances is both exciting and daunting. So many fragrances to research! Haha
I take my time and I look at every one and then I google the ones that I am most interested in to read about the notes, the prices, the availability and finally, the reviews. I take all of that information into account before I jump at a blind buy now.
When the feeling of confidence kicks in, I go for it! Or, if I'm feeling really unsure, I take a pass. Sometimes I'll research a scent for hours before making my mind up but in the end, all the digging around is worth it.
I finished work on Thursday and decided to take a look at the fragrance section before leaving for home. (Believe it or not, I do not do this every day! Haha)
I knew that we had just received a large shipment in of fragrance in that day and was eager to see what we had. I picked up two for men (Versace Oud Noir and Gucci Made to Measure) and three for woman (Gucci by Gucci, Versace Vanitas and Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.)
I stood there with my phone and looked up all of them. No to the Oud, too manly. No to Made to Measure, too boring. No to Vanitas, too similar to Chloe, which I despise. No to Light Blue, has been reformulated and is now screechy.
Hmmmmm.........Gucci by Gucci. Ding, ding, ding..........we have a winner!!!
59.99 for a 50 ml. bottle plus my employee discount, not bad!
Unboxed it when I arrived home and smelled the nozzle. I knew instantly that I was going to love it. I wore it the following day and had that huge sigh of relief, knowing that I had made the right decision.
When I first sprayed it on (I always do 2 or 3 sprays on my chest/tummy area) I noticed a "stinky" note but it didn't scare me, I knew it would settle down and it did. I'm hit or miss with patchouli but it's smooth in here. The musk is light and also smooth. The honey brings a sweetness but it's also smooth and gentle. Overall, it's smooth and well blended and to me, it's a confident, sexy, "power" scent. It's not in-your-face or aggressive. It sneaks up on you, gives you a warm hug and steals a kiss! Alluring!
I've read other reviews stating that they wished it was spicier but I think we have enough spicy scents out there already. I think that this one is perfect just as it is. Absolutely stunning for cooler seasons.
Lasts all day on me and I continually get wiffs of it whenever I heat up and am moving around.
The bottle itself is also drop-dead gorgeous!
It's sad that it's been discontinued but I'll certainly enjoy it to the very last drop!
10.0/10

Happygeisha
like a honey dusted kiss
i smell patchouli and honey, equally.

oh yeah and its a darkly light scent, it really is! i know that doesn't make much sense but its winter-y and spicy but only a whisper on my skin. even when i first spray it, it fades to a beautiful sweet honey dusted kiss. a light, sheer, warm hug. in fact, its so light that i had to re-spritz before i left work. 3 hours later and its still wafting gently to my nostrils, hahahaa. (sorry that sentence sounded ridiculous and made me laugh.)
10.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Disco Glam
This Bottle says Sex to the T and with
the Gold Charm Glamour. I Love the Dark Opaque Brown Quarz Sqaure bottle.
like an exclusive V.I.P darky lit Quarz
and black leather Furnished Discotque.
with Tall slinder Bronzed women wearing skintight golden and bronzed short Dresses and Plugeing neckline Sexy male G.Q. Models With black Fendi Sunglasses
with dim golden strobe light pulsating
over the room. A disco in a Bottle.

But the notes are to light and fruity
for this bottle.
get rid of the Tiare flower Pear And honey and replace it with Incense Cardamom sandalwood woodsey notes
vetiver Jasmine Benzoin Oppoponox & Myrrh. if i was a Perfumer it'll be a more darker more Woodsy oriental Scent.
I Love the bottle but vamp up the Perfume to it's look and name.
5.0 6.0/10

Woodsy pear
This perfume isn't as bad as people make out, however it is slightly boring and unoriginal.

I expected this fragrance to be intense, warm and truly seductive, however what I get is a light, musky, almost masculine scent. Not bad, it is definitely wearable, but not as outstanding as I would've liked it to be.

There are slight hints of woodsy notes throughout this fragrance, yet there are no woods listed in this scent. The guava and pear notes confuse me greatly as I cannot smell them at all. Gucci opens with floral notes and stays like that until the scent fades away.

Another disappointing aspect to this scent is its lack of lasting power, which surprised me seeming that you pay a considerable amount to own this fragrance. In my opinion you aren't getting what you paid for.

I can't help feeling like there's something missing in this fragrance. It definitely lacks character and appeal for me.

Jazzy76 20 months ago
Patchouly and musk are the main notes of this warm perfume, very elegant and perfect in winter with furs+2

by PennyT
by InkiBlinki
by Silverrain
by Silverrain

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci