Gucci by Gucci pour Homme 2008 Eau de Toilette

Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci
Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-spicy. It was last marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
VioletViolet
CypressCypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
TobaccoTobacco
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
Elemi resinElemi resin
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.11.2021.

Schorschle
He's hardly there before he's gone.
Something about this scent grabbed me. I love this composition. "Fresh-spicy" really hits the spot here, especially an incredible lightness of being I have in my nose. And the interplay between the freshness and the tobacco and floral notes is really great. This suits every season and every situation, doesn't bother anyone, delights everyone, is fun and in a good mood. I want to smell like this all day and every day!

Unfortunately, however, this is exactly the central problem. From the whole day is only through intensive and frequent reapplication what. The durability is really incredibly bad, after two hours, the fun is over with me. Even with the nose directly at the spray site, nothing more of the so great fragrance can be guessed. For me, the Wässerchen - even if there is Gucci on it - is definitely too expensive.

In summary, I can only give a good grade for the fragrance and the massive bottle, the rest of the criteria unfortunately really fall through the cracks. Too bad!

Elmoro87
Quite good, but not a smash
Tobacco, powdery and synthetic sweet. Average woman-friendly, but not able to go them crazy. It's like a "good, ok..." but not "Wow, amazing". Good for cold days and evenings, business, but in my opinion not for daily use. I had travel bottle, simply gorgeous!

Underrated Gucci
This one gets much hate, undeservedly so, in my opinion. I feel the mistake many make is to use the same measuring stick to judge all fragrances. Not every scent should be noticed from across the room, or be expected to last over 8 hours- Subtlety is sexier than being overt and in your face. That being said, I think this performs fine, on par with most fragrances. If you look on the other site, there are many unsolicited reviews from women also for this, so I feel this needs more accurate representation on this site also. Yes, the one review here is from a woman, and she is entitled to her opinion, but I would like to share the fact that others do indeed enjoy this Gucci. In fact, most of them say it is indeed sexy and mysterious, check for yourself.

So, anyway, this is a nice tobacco-violet based scent with the cypress providing the interesting nose tickle in the similar vein as aquatics do. It isn't the most favorite in my collection, but puts a smile on my face whenever I sniff it, and I think more folks should give it a try. Also, the bottle itself is handsome, a timeless classic in its shape and feel.

Gucci played it safe
Gucci by Gucci pour Homme is certainly nice, but a little too safe in my opinion.

A sales assistant described this fragrance as being sweet, however I do not agree. I'm also not very convinced that this is a woody chypre.

I'd say that this fragrance is more of a woody aromatic. The scent is refreshing, masculine, yet bland. A little like Only The Brave by Diesel.

The cypress and bergamot opening, while somewhat unique, needs more strength. I appreciate that Gucci wanted to produce something modern and stylish, however they failed, creating something rather generic.

Gucci by Gucci pour Homme "is not meant to be vibrant, virile, sexy, attractive to women, refreshing or fancy." However from a female's perspective, women like their men to wear a fragrance that is memorable, something that they may smell elsewhere yet connect to you with fondness. This fragrance just doesn't seem to have that ability.

The scent dries down to something rather musky and subtle. Unfortunately the unique notes like elemi resin and olibanum aren't standouts here.

The lasting strength is very poor, terrible in fact, which is very disappointing. I do still recommend this fragrance, however not with upmost enthusiasm.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
A nice fresh-green-tobacco-amber safe edt, a bit "all around perfume", but very manly. The ladies like it a lot (on men). Poor performance.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
The classic aromatic edt for man with a light Smoky touch. Not so original and not so longlasting. Average sillage.Quite refined bottle.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Start is meh, but drydown is a crisp clean wood with subtle hints of violet. Good office stuff. Underrated in my opinion.
AttlasAttlas 4 years ago
Very good scent. Very masculine. In my experience projects fantastic. Always get compliments. But the longevity is a disaster

by Lanto
by Stardust
by Berzerk
by Berzerk

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Moonlight Serenade by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci