Gucci pour Homme 2003Eau de Toilette

Version from 2003
Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci
Bottle Design Lloyd & Co
Top 42 in Men's Perfume
Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2003. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Scannon. Pronunciation

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Bergamot, Tarragon, Ginger, Lavender, Papyrus, Petitgrain, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Patchouli, Pimento, Pink pepper, Sandalwood, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sage, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.11.2020.

MisskMissk 9 years ago

„Sexy spiciness”

SilverfireSilverfire 8 years ago

„The Orange Juice Let-down”

A fireplace fragrance Par Excellence
This, together with Lucien Ferrero's Par Amour Pour Lui (which goes more in the direction of tobacco and hay) is perhaps the most beautiful chimney scent I know. I predict it, no, there is no adequate substitute for it. Bentley is a disaster. There is this synthetic plastic oud note that smells a bit like urine, which disgusts me completely. I don't want to compare this beautiful scent here with Bentley and also Papyrus Oud/71 from Almairac's own brand is simple-minded and contains this really unspeakable and synthetic oud note from which Gucci is simply exempt.

The Gucci is nice, round, dark brown, leathery chocolate, smoky, I smell roasted warm coffee beans, a lot of cedar wood which is a bit responsible for this pencilshavings vibe. It is simply a wonderful composition for the cold seasons.
The Phantom
Once again a phantom who mourns the community afterwards. Again an adjusted fragrance a'la Relax by Davidoff overrated up to not possible anymore, or yet rather a milestone that was set too early a'la Patou Pour Homme. I find it difficult to put him in one category with this scent.

Let's get to the scent. The opening is dominated by incense, as are the heart and base notes! To be honest the incense is so strong that I can hardly smell any other ingredient! Vanilla, basil, tarragon, no chance. Vetiver and musk definitely!
It doesn't matter, as long as you like the scent. I like it, but in comparison to Pour Homme 2 it's getting the short end of the stick.
A noble scent for the evening and for the colder season. Durability very good holds about 8 hours.

Would I have to put him in the category "Would be nice if he was back but doesn't bother if he stays away".

One thing I can tell you is a trade with a cross demon and sell my soul for this scent, certainly not.

Dark woods
In my opinion it's the best designer's woody/incense fragrance that i have and tried. Extremely masculine and sexy.

Some herbs and spices in the opening. In the middle phase i can smell a pimento note and some pepper but soon the woody notes joins and then it develops to a rather dark/heavy woody fragrance with incense.

Excellent sillage, lasting power and projection. Smells more mature. Definitely worth it.

Updated January 2014

The Orange Juice Let-down
I've never worn a Gucci fragrance before. There I said it. So please forgive a non-haute-fashion perspective on this fragrance, but I'll cut to the chase if this is already offending your fashion sense: I was unimpressed.

Yes, the orange color was interesting, but the fact that my sample came in a orange translucent pouch was not (at least the color avoided the condom implications of Porsche Design's The Essence).

What I got out of this was a full-scale, Defcon 5, round-up-everyone-for-military-service-including-70-year-old-men-who-can-barely-walk PEPPER ATTACK! This lasts for six hours and is so intense that I sneezed a few times. Not fun. Eventually it moderates somewhat and introduces a slight smoke accord, followed much later by some aromatic non-cedar woods. The fragrance structure would suggest base notes here, but the only woods that fit the description are top notes. Oh, and of course there's the annoying vanilla note somewhere between the beginning and the end, but it's mercifully short.

So Gucci, you haven't won me over. Plenty of scents use pepper without burying me in it (Herrera and Memoir Man, for instance). I realize that my skin amps pepper quite a bit, but this was just short of Yatagan-induced nausea for me.

Sexy spiciness
I had almost given up on Gucci fragrances. I had disliked all the female scents, (with the exception of Envy Me 2) and had little enthusiasm when I came around to trying their male scents.

What can I say? I like all that I have tried so far. Gucci pour Homme is to die for.

This fragrance is spicy, woodsy and masculine; all that a man should be. With such complexity within this composition one might expect a disaster, but have no fear, Gucci pour Homme is so well blended.

The opening is extremely powerful. One should wait until the fragrance has settled and dried on the skin before inhaling this wonderous scent. The top notes are mostly intense spices with a smokiness that resembles the scent of a smouldering cigar. The whole experience is almost aromatic.

Towards the drydown, incense, papyrus, leather, musk, vetiver, vanilla, patchouli and oakmoss become more prominent, creating an earthy and dry finish that is rather sensual, warm and mysterious. The sillage and lasting strength is better than good. It is truly amazing.

I haven't come across anything that smells this good on a man yet. I do more than recommend this fragrance, I urge all men to go out and buy it.

Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 months ago
It is beautiful, dark, resinous, incense parfum. Probably it was one of the best designer ever created.
AmberScentAmberScent 12 months ago
I wonder why this gem has been discontinued. Very spicy, lots of woods, fantastic incense and some sweetness. Get a clone at least :-)
AspvlAspvl 1 year ago
For me the best woody designer fragrance ever. My dad wears this on special occasions and it destroys every scent in the room!
RsiRsi 3 years ago
The king of gucci perfumes , surprisingly Female compliment fetter !

by VanAllan
by Lexa
by Smellnsouk
by Smellnsouk

Popular Gucci

Gucci Intense Oud by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci L'Arte di Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci № 3 (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Tears of Iris by Gucci Gucci № 1 (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Accenti (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bloom (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (1976) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Bloom Nettare di Fiori by Gucci Eau de Gucci by Gucci