Gucci pour Homme (2003) Eau de Toilette

Version from 2003
Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci
Bottle Design: Lloyd & Co
Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) (Gucci)
Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Gucci for men and was released in 2003. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by Scannon.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Bergamot, Tarragon, Ginger, Lavender, Papyrus wood, Petitgrain, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Patchouli, Pimento, Pink pepper, Sandalwood, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Sage, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.06.2018

MisskMissk 7 years ago

„Sexy spiciness”

SilverfireSilverfire 6 years ago

„The Orange Juice Let-down”

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Dark woods
In my opinion it's the best designer's woody/incense fragrance that i have and tried. Extremely masculine and sexy.

Some herbs and spices in the opening. In the middle phase i can smell a pimento note and some pepper but soon the woody notes joins and then it develops to a rather dark/heavy woody fragrance with incense.

Excellent sillage, lasting power and projection. Smells more mature. Definitely worth it.

Updated January 2014
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
The Orange Juice Let-down
I've never worn a Gucci fragrance before. There I said it. So please forgive a non-haute-fashion perspective on this fragrance, but I'll cut to the chase if this is already offending your fashion sense: I was unimpressed.

Yes, the orange color was interesting, but the fact that my sample came in a orange translucent pouch was not (at least the color avoided the condom implications of Porsche Design's The Essence).

What I got out of this was a full-scale, Defcon 5, round-up-everyone-for-military-service-including-70-year-old-men-who-can-barely-walk PEPPER ATTACK! This lasts for six hours and is so intense that I sneezed a few times. Not fun. Eventually it moderates somewhat and introduces a slight smoke accord, followed much later by some aromatic non-cedar woods. The fragrance structure would suggest base notes here, but the only woods that fit the description are top notes. Oh, and of course there's the annoying vanilla note somewhere between the beginning and the end, but it's mercifully short.

So Gucci, you haven't won me over. Plenty of scents use pepper without burying me in it (Herrera and Memoir Man, for instance). I realize that my skin amps pepper quite a bit, but this was just short of Yatagan-induced nausea for me.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Sexy spiciness
I had almost given up on Gucci fragrances. I had disliked all the female scents, (with the exception of Envy Me 2) and had little enthusiasm when I came around to trying their male scents.

What can I say? I like all that I have tried so far. Gucci pour Homme is to die for.

This fragrance is spicy, woodsy and masculine; all that a man should be. With such complexity within this composition one might expect a disaster, but have no fear, Gucci pour Homme is so well blended.

The opening is extremely powerful. One should wait until the fragrance has settled and dried on the skin before inhaling this wonderous scent. The top notes are mostly intense spices with a smokiness that resembles the scent of a smouldering cigar. The whole experience is almost aromatic.

Towards the drydown, incense, papyrus, leather, musk, vetiver, vanilla, patchouli and oakmoss become more prominent, creating an earthy and dry finish that is rather sensual, warm and mysterious. The sillage and lasting strength is better than good. It is truly amazing.

I haven't come across anything that smells this good on a man yet. I do more than recommend this fragrance, I urge all men to go out and buy it.

Rsi 11 months ago

• by ExUser by ExUser
  • by Leimbacher by Leimbacher
  • by Lexa by Lexa

Popular Gucci

Gucci pour Homme II (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Rush by Gucci Guilty by Gucci Envy for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Absolute pour Homme by Gucci Flora by Gucci (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci by Gucci pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum by Gucci Envy (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Bamboo (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Gucci Première (Eau de Parfum) by Gucci Rush 2 by Gucci Bloom by Gucci Gucci by Gucci Sport pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci Guilty Black by Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum II by Gucci Made to Measure (Eau de Toilette) by Gucci